Getting rid of powerlines

Any tips on getting rid of power lines in a photo? I have tried the cloning
tool, healing brush etc but still some obvious markings left in photo - have
experimented with different settings to no avail?

Many thanks

Cheers

Ron

0
Ron
6/25/2006 8:07:59 PM
comp.graphics.apps.photoshop 8034 articles. 0 followers. ronviers (102) is leader. Post Follow

"Ron" <ronjs@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
> Any tips on getting rid of power lines in a photo? I have tried the
> cloning tool, healing brush etc but still some obvious markings left in
> photo - have experimented with different settings to no avail?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Cheers
>
> Ron

Having done this a few times and never had any problems with the cloning
tool, might be worth puting in a link to the picture to see what the problem
is.

"Ron" <ronjs@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
> Any tips on getting rid of power lines in a photo? I have tried the
> cloning tool, healing brush etc but still some obvious markings left in
> photo - have experimented with different settings to no avail?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Cheers
>
> Ron

Hi.

It is not at all difficult, I have got rid of the supporting poles.

Zoom up the image to a large size, and keep the brush size small.  I find it
looks better if you do not use a "Soft" Brush as they nearly always seem to
create areas which look out of focus.

You just need to make sure that you reset the "Pick Up" points fairly
frequently, so that you do not bring across any pattern.  Make sure you are
picking up the correct colour and density of sky and or cloud.

You can get rid of any areas, where the cloned circles show a hard edge, by
going over those edges with the "Healing  Brush"

It is rather like Spotting Prints with a brush and ink, in the old days,
there is a definite knack to it, which you only learn by practice.

Roy G

0
Roy

How do you get rid of the outbox in Mail.app?
Help says it disappears after you exit mail. It didn't. I tried logging off. Still there. I tried rebooting. Still there!! Rebuilding doesn't help either. Normally, I haven't seen the outbox. If it has appeared in the past it hasn't lingered. Now it is just sitting there. In article <bob-DB9E1E.19310431032013@5ad64b5e.bb.sky.com>, Robert Peirce <bob@peirce-family.com> wrote: > Help says it disappears after you exit mail. It didn't. I tried > logging off. Still there. I tried rebooting. Still there!! Rebuilding > doesn't help either. > > Normally, I haven't seen the outbox. If it has appeared in the past it > hasn't lingered. Now it is just sitting there. It perhaps has an unsent message there which it is trying to send but is failing to do so? If you, possibly by mistake, clicked a Try later button on a notice that can come up after a failure to send, the outbox will appear and stay there. Have you clicked on the Outbox to see what is inside it? If there is something *and you delete it*, the next time you startup Mail.app, it should disappear. -- dorayme In article <dorayme-B88D7E.11280101042013@news.albasani.net>, dorayme <dorayme@optusnet.com.au> wrote: > In article <bob-DB9E1E.19310431032013@5ad64b5e.bb.sky.com>, > Robert Peirce <bob@peirce-family.com> wrote: > > > Help says it disappears after you exit...

keystone php3 app log and pastebins trying get rid of errors on php 4.3.9 on redhat linux httpd 2.0.52
if you can tell me why this php3 app is failing on php 4,3,9 (21:13:31) gavinhopeful: can someone take a peek at this code? http://hashphp.org/pastebin.php?format=plain&pid=8178 (21:13:42) gavinhopeful: this function is php3 and is buggering me on php 4.3.9 (21:13:47) gavinhopeful: 13G log (21:15:09) gavinhopeful: http://hashphp.org/pastebin.php?format=plain&pid=8179 (21:15:26) gavinhopeful: is log error (21:16:05) tdd19842: any one every built a shopping cart? I don't know how I'm gonna do this, but I am buildling a shopping cart for classified ads, and they can pay for 7 day...

Getting rid of the "Getting Started with Access" page
Anybody know how to prevent the annoying Access 2007 "Getting Started with Access" page from showing up when the database is closed using DoCmd.Quit? My database is used in a terminal server environment and I need to be able to prevent users from creating new databases or opening existing ones using that page. Thanks! On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 19:07:44 -0700 (PDT), evenlater <evancater@gmail.com> wrote: That page does not show up for me when I close my app using DoCmd.Quit. Rather the desktop appears which was previously covered by Access. You may mean at startup time. If so, just...

How do I get rid of these
Running 10.6.7. On my top finder window, about one third of the items under places are dead and will not highlight. The only thing that I can do with them is move them with a click and drag. The trash will not highlight if I drag them to it. How do I get rid of them? -- During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. George Orwell In article <1k3dq33.9bugvdrbzil6N%pf@porkain'tkosher.oink>, pf@porkain'tkosher.oink (Paul Fuchs) wrote: > Running 10.6.7. On my top finder window, about one third of the items > under places are dead and...

Getting rid of
I am playing a little bit with libturpial. I got a few warnings. Most I could get rid of, but one I still get, while I have done what is said in the reference of the warning. Example code: #!/usr/bin/env python import certifi import urllib3 import urllib3.contrib.pyopenssl from libturpial.api.core import Core urllib3.contrib.pyopenssl.inject_into_urllib3() http = urllib3.PoolManager( cert_reqs='CERT_REQUIRED', # Force certificate check. ca_certs=certifi.where(), # Path to the Certifi bundle. ) ...

how to get rid of this
I have installed SyGate about 4-5 weeks ago. I have Comcast service at the time of Sygate installation and I still have the same Internet service. I used to have DSL. I have treid to remove and deleted anyhting that has to do with DSL before SyGAte installation. Someone helped me remove bad entries from running hiJjackThis during Sygate installation. About 3 weeks ago, a comcast tech came by and replaced a new modem and configuartion. A few days ago I experience a window popped up with title "Enetr Network Password" with the folling info: Server: smtp:sbcglobal.yahoo.com User name: ****@sbcglobal.net Password: I can't closed this window not cancel. What do I need to do? I believe all my posrts inclduing smtp is blocked properly. Thanks. heyimjustcurious@yahoo.com (curious) wrote in news:ca3e516b.0402221022.622d9b61@posting.google.com: > I have installed SyGate about 4-5 weeks ago. > > I have Comcast service at the time of Sygate installation and I still > have the same Internet service. > > I used to have DSL. > > I have treid to remove and deleted anyhting that has to do with DSL > before SyGAte installation. Someone helped me remove bad entries from > running hiJjackThis during Sygate installation. > > About 3 weeks ago, a comcast tech came by and replaced a new modem and > configuartion. > > A few days ago I experience a window popped up with title "Enetr > Network Password" with ...

Getting Rid of Norton
Based partially on the consensus on this group, and partially on my experiences with Norton/Symantec I decided to get rid of all the Norton stuff on my machine. It took a while, but I had thought I had found all the nooks and crannies where they hid their stuff until today. (using "find" from both the finder and from terminal.) When I rebooted after installing 10.3.5, there was a popup during the boot saying that Norton had detected a new version of the O/S and did I want to update Norton because of that (or something simlar... I didn't write it down). Now, I've searched...

Getting rid of 10
Hi all I have been on Macs since the 128 back in the early 80's. I have always been into the newest system and software upgrades but now I live in Mainland China and there are no Macs here. It is also difficult to get product upgrades and many of my primary applications will not work with System 10 without an upgrade. I had installed 10 on my G4 powerbook but when I decided it was a mistake I can't get it off the hard drive. I reverted to system 9.1 but no matter what i do, ever Norton Disk Wipe I cannot get the remains of System 10 off of the hard drive. It seems to even re ...

Getting rid of Altboot
Hello QNX Community, I was trying to increase the boot time for my system and I was wondering how I could (or if I am able to) remove the "Hit ESC for Altboot" message so that it will just boot up straight away? Also, is there any other tricks to speeding up the boot time? Thanks in advance, Phil Phil <felipe.marcelino@sippican.com> wrote: > Hello QNX Community, > > I was trying to increase the boot time for my system and I was wondering how > I could (or if I am able to) remove the "Hit ESC for Altboot" message so > that it will...

Get rid of toolbar
I installed Acrobat 8.0. It has installed toolbars in all my office programs. I don't mind the menu additions, but those toolbars have to go. I can close them, but they pop back up with the next document. The people in the Office group don't seem to have any resolution. Anyone over here? If not, are there any viable alternatives to Adobe for making quality PDFs. I don't want any of the fancy collaborations. All I want is to make a PDF that looks like my document. Linda Edmondson wrote: > I installed Acrobat 8.0. It has installed toolbars in all my office > programs. I don't mind the menu additions, but those toolbars have to go. > I can close them, but they pop back up with the next document. The people > in the Office group don't seem to have any resolution. Anyone over here? > > If not, are there any viable alternatives to Adobe for making quality PDFs. > I don't want any of the fancy collaborations. All I want is to make a PDF > that looks like my document. You weren't given an option when you installed the software? They're really something, aren't they? Try news://adobeforums.com/adobe.acrobat.windows in your newsreader. Or http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bbeda8b/ on the web. "Linda Edmondson" <ldereg@earthlink.net> wrote: >I installed Acrobat 8.0. It has installed toolbars in all my office >programs. I don't mind the menu additions, but ...

get rid of datetime
Hi, How do i get rid of datetime in my pdf files? Thanks in advance. -- Surendra Singhi www.public.asu.edu/~sksinghi Surendra Singhi wrote: > How do i get rid of datetime in my pdf files? If your question is "How do I create PDF files with PDFLaTeX which do not display their creation date?", then one possibility consists in addings \usepackage{ifpdf} \ifpdf \pdfinfo {/CreationDate ()} \fi to the preamble of your LaTeX document. Best regards, Jose Carlos Santos Jos� Carlos Santos <jcsantos@fc.up.pt> wrote: > Surendra Singhi wrote: > > > How do i get rid of datetime in my pdf files? > > If your question is "How do I create PDF files with PDFLaTeX which do > not display their creation date?", then one possibility consists in > addings > > \usepackage{ifpdf} > \ifpdf > \pdfinfo > {/CreationDate ()} > \fi There are more dependencies of date in the pdf file, but I assume the original poster looks for \date{} or similar. Yours sincerely Heiko <oberdiek@uni-freiburg.de> ...

Cervisia
I'm running KDE 3.1.2 under SuSE 8.2. Whenever I try to gain access to an ftp server on the Internet, a little box pops up to tell me that Cervisia doesn't support remote CVS access and that's as far as I can get. How do I get rid of Cervisia - I'm never likely to need it and it just stops me doing what I want to? Thanks for your help. ...

Getting Rid of Duplicates
I find that I have duplicate tubes and duplicate brushes (and probably other duplicate images) in my Paint Shop Pro program files. How would I go about deleting them so I can free up some space? TIA JT "jaytea" <jayteadesigns@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:1166845931.027572.17520@i12g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I find that I have duplicate tubes and duplicate brushes (and probably > other duplicate images) in my Paint Shop Pro program files. > How would I go about deleting them so I can free up some space? > TIA > JT > Reset your cache so that it...

get rid of the data
Folks I am sure many have asked the question, but I need to ask it again. I inherited several sun sparc station and ver 8 of the Solaris OS. (just so you know I am a PC geek and barely a unix noob, but I am working to learn) I need to be rid of the data that is on the drive for good. How can I do this quick and easy without a lot of monkey business and still retain the functionality of the drives. coolio13 wrote: > Folks I am sure many have asked the question, but I need to ask it > again. I inherited several sun sparc station and ver 8 of the Solaris > OS. (just so you know I am a ...

Get RID of Jobs ;)
I've bee one of the few in here that saw the madman in SJ. He's a maverick, a showman and a snake oil vendor. Intel? WTF is he thinking? Bring back ANYBODY but get him off the board. Nicolas In article <953pe.43051$Ph4.1024201@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca>, NashtOn <nana@na.ca> wrote: > I've bee one of the few in here that saw the madman in SJ. > He's a maverick, a showman and a snake oil vendor. > > Intel? WTF is he thinking? > > Bring back ANYBODY but get him off the board. > > Nicolas I see. So all the time you were attacking me for expressing an opinion, you agreed with my position. Figures - no matter what I say, you're going to stalk me. Seek professional help. Oh, and btw, will you please stop lying? You said you were moving and couldn't access Usenet. TravelinMan wrote: > In article <953pe.43051$Ph4.1024201@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca>, > NashtOn <nana@na.ca> wrote: > > >>I've bee one of the few in here that saw the madman in SJ. >>He's a maverick, a showman and a snake oil vendor. >> >>Intel? WTF is he thinking? >> >>Bring back ANYBODY but get him off the board. >> >>Nicolas > > > I see. > > So all the time you were attacking me for expressing an opinion, you > agreed with my position. I wasn't aware that we saw eye to eye on this. Where did you mention it? > > Figures - no matter w...

How to get rid of assert here?
Hello there, Suppose I have the code pred(L1, L2):- forall( (member(M1, L1), member(M2, L2), M2=M1), myAssert(M)). myAssert(M):- assert(foo(M)). Now I want to change myAssert not to use assert/1: myAssert(M, LIn, LOut):- LOut = [foo(M) | LIn]. but how can I change pred/2 accordingly? Thanks :-) -- Best Regards, Maurizio Colucci Please remove the uppercase letters "S,P,A,M": seSgPuAsMo.forever@tin.it seguso wrote: > Hello there, > > Suppose I have the code > > pred(L1, L2):- > forall( (member(M1, L1), member(M2, L2), M2=M1), > ...

Getting rid of warnings
I am trying to get rid of a few annoying warnings in my project - I have got rid of most of them but a few remain which I cant seem to get rid of. The first one is while using FD_SET/FD_CLR for adding and clearing sockets. I get the warning: warning C4127: conditional expression is constant The other one is using SetWindowLongPtr. I did have two warnings for this but managed to cast the result to get rid of one warning. I cant get rid of the last warning though. My code is: mOldWndProc = (WNDPROC)(long long)SetWindowLongPtr(mHwnd, GWLP_WNDPROC, (LONG_PTR)SkinWndProc); ...

How to get rid of a file?
Have a file on a HD that won't be budged, trashed, renamed, and which no preview can display any info on beyond that it is an alias and "cannot be fetched". Trying to do anything (like renaming it or trashing it) brings up a notice: "The operation can’t be completed because one or more required items can’t be found. (Error code -35)" It is on a FAT 32 USB drive. There are other things on it that I do not want to trash and it would be inconvenient to copy all the considerable rest elsewhere and reformat and for other reasons - though it might have to come to thi...

got to get rid of ...
got to get rid of an A4000 - anyone want it? just postage costs required. Otherwise - skip! -- Chris de Cordova A grenade thrown into a French kitchen would result in Linoleum Blownapart. On Dec 27, 7:45=A0pm, Chris <decord...@ukgateway.net> wrote: > got to get rid of an A4000 - anyone want it? just postage costs > required. > > Otherwise - skip! > > -- > Chris de Cordova > > A grenade thrown into a French kitchen would result in Linoleum Blownapar= t. What would it cost to Nottingham UK? Is it working or for spares? Thanks Andy ...

get started with graphics
http://languages-languages.blogspot.com/2008/02/getting-started-with-graphics.html john_mattheew@yahoo.com wrote:> http://languages-languages.blogspam.scam/2008/02/getting-started-with-graphics.htmlWarning - this spammed, multi-posted link is no more than a word-for-word, copyright-violating cut-and-paste from the Sun tutorial.<http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/2d/basic2d/index.html>Stay away from this unethical dweeb who thinks that by stealing others' words he can somehow, what? Develop site traffic? Make a name for himself? I have no idea. Just stay away from it. T...

Getting rid of DVDs
Is there an easy way to get rid of DVDs that have sensitive information on them? I have a few shopping bags full. I could find anything in the yellow pages that looked like a DVD shredding service. One stationery store offered to sell me a heavy duty shredder for $200. Surely many other people have this same problem. -- Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products http://mindprod.com "Learning is not compulsory... neither is survival." ~ Dr. W. (William) Edwards Deming (born: 1900-10-14 died: 1993-12-20 at age: 93)) In article <shenq457mvc2f1frkfg26441mooppfoqj1@4ax.com>, Roedy Green <see_website@mindprod.com.invalid> wrote: > Is there an easy way to get rid of DVDs that have sensitive > information on them? I have a few shopping bags full. I could find > anything in the yellow pages that looked like a DVD shredding > service. One stationery store offered to sell me a heavy duty > shredder for $200. Surely many other people have this same problem. Bags full?! Too many for the ever popular microwave method, I suppose: <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:RainbowCD.jpg Soldering iron? Radial arm saw? Maybe a few passes with a 10p nail and off to the recycler? -- John B. Matthews trashgod at gmail dot com <http://sites.google.com/site/drjohnbmatthews> Roedy Green wrote: > Is there an easy way to get rid of DVDs that have sensitive > information on them? I have a few shopping bags full. I could find > anything in ...

How to get rid of ALL margins?
Hi, I'd like to have a completely empty page in LaTeX, that is I don't want any margins or what so ever. I want to start at [0,0] (as I define upper-left) and end at [\paperwidth,\paperheight]. I want this for typesetting my front- and title page. I tried the following, but it didn't fully work (2 small margins remain). I hope anyone can help. Kind Regards, Jorg \thispagestyle{empty} \newlength{\vskiplength} \setlength{\vskiplength}{\topmargin} \addtolength{\vskiplength}{\headheight} \addtolength{\vskiplength}{\headsep} \addtolength{\vskiplength}{\voffset} \addtolength{\vskiplength}{1in} \newlength{\hskiplength} \setlength{\hskiplength}{\oddsidemargin} \addtolength{\hskiplength}{\hoffset} \addtolength{\hskiplength}{1in} \vspace*{-1\vskiplength} \hspace*{-1\hskiplength} \rule{\paperwidth}{\paperheight} % check by colouring whole page black boe <boe@ba.com> schrieb: > Hi, > > I'd like to have a completely empty page in LaTeX, that is I don't want > any margins or what so ever. I want to start at [0,0] (as I define > upper-left) and end at [\paperwidth,\paperheight]. I want this for > typesetting my front- and title page. I tried the following, but it > didn't fully work (2 small margins remain). I hope anyone can help. > > Kind Regards, > Jorg > > \thispagestyle{empty} > > \newlength{\vskiplength} > \setlength{\vskiplength}{\topmargin} > \addtolength{\vskiplength}{\headheight} &g...

what is clientmqueue and how do I get rid of it?
Hello, I am running freebsd 4.9. I get lots of files in the directory /var/spool/clientmqueue. I do not need any mail services on this machine and I have sendmail_enable="NONE" in rc.conf. How do I ensure no files get generated in this directory? Thanks in advance. "Hemal Pandya" <hemalpandya@gmail.com> writes: > I am running freebsd 4.9. I get lots of files in the directory > /var/spool/clientmqueue. I do not need any mail services on this > machine and I have sendmail_enable="NONE" in rc.conf. > > How do I ensure no files get generated in this directory? The files in the directory seem to be mail generated by cron jobs. If you do not want the periodic cron jobs you can edit the file /etc/crontab and comment out the maintenance jobs. Regards, Dirk Another option is to set your sendmail_enable="NO" this will disable a Sendmail Deamon for incoming email, but still leave the local mail deliver queues enabled for you cron jobs. the client mqueue is essentialy the "pickup" queue for local mail delivery, altho if i remember right you can still send to remote server, it just doesn't recieve mail from remote servers anymore with sendmail set to "NO". I think it used to be SUBMIT, but now is NO, NONE & YES "Hemal Pandya" <hemalpandya@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1106594406.434721.246360@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com......

getting rid of the IFRAME
Hello dear javascripts wizards, I hope I will make myself clear enough.... I have an "index.html" file which have an IFRAME and a button (outside the IFRAME). pressing the button loads a "game.php" page in the IFRAME. The "game.php" moves through couple of php pages using clickable elements. When arriving to the last php page of the game, I have to show it on the main screen and not the IFRAME (i.e. load a new page on top of the first "index.html" screen). the last page is loaded with this command: echo "<meta HTTP-EQUIV='REFRESH' content='0; url=http://localhost/lastpage.php?sc=$user_points'> "; but the page is loaded INSIDE the IFRAME. How do I load it instead of my current screen? (which is still the "index.html" file, the php pages where only presented in the IFRAME of the "index.html" file.) thanks in advance for you help.... "inonzuk" <inonzuk@hotmail.com> kirjoitti viestiss�:1119984459.529134.324840@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Hello dear javascripts wizards, > > I hope I will make myself clear enough.... > > I have an "index.html" file which have an IFRAME and a button (outside > the IFRAME). pressing the button loads a "game.php" page in the IFRAME. > The "game.php" moves through couple of php pages using clickable > elements. > > When arriving to the last php page of the game, I have to ...

Web resources about - Getting rid of powerlines - comp.graphics.apps.photoshop

HomePlug Powerline Alliance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The HomePlug Powerline Alliance is a trade association of electronics manufacturers, service providers, and retailers that establishes standards ...

Powerlines over buildings - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

She parachuted into powerlines - and survived
It started off like any other jump.

Cyclone Marcia leaves powerlines down across Rockhampton
Massive gum trees have knocked down power lines and street lights throughout Rockhampton and much of the city is now without power, the city's ...

Toss-up: broadband powerline adaptors
... or you're renting, and wi-fi isn't up to the job, consider running your internet connection through your electrical wiring using powerline AV ...

Hot air balloon clips powerline in Yarra Glen
A wayward hot air balloon has caused power blackouts in the Yarra Valley.

Passengers evacuated after powerlines fall on overhead lines above Melbourne train
Melbourne train passengers disembark between stations after powerlines fall on overhead lines.

9to5Toys Last Call: Beats Executive headphones $170, Rosewill Powerline kit $10, iSmartAlarm system $120 ...
... . Today’s can’t miss deals: Beats by Dr. Dre Executive over-ear headphones (silver) $170 shipped (orig. $300) Rosewill 200Mbps Powerline ...

Does Anchorage's popular Powerline Pass need a new name? What should it be? - Alaska Dispatch
One problem is that no one now living knows whether Powerline Pass ever had a Dena’ina name. If it did, it’s long forgotten.

Cisco announces launch of Linksys HomePlug AV Powerline solution
AME Info Cisco announces launch of Linksys HomePlug AV Powerline solution AME Info Cisco announced that its new Linksys HomePlug AV Powerline ...