Moving Mac Photoshop preferneces from machine to machine

Hi,

Is it possible to copy preference files from one Mac to another, if so
which files do I copy & from where. A cursory investigation didnt't
indicate anything obvious.

Thanks, Jason
0
Jason
6/14/2005 3:37:20 PM
comp.graphics.apps.photoshop 8034 articles. 0 followers. ronviers (102) is leader. Post Follow

Jason Snape <spamspamspam@spanishinquisition.co.uk> wrote:

> Is it possible to copy preference files from one Mac to another, if so
> which files do I copy & from where. A cursory investigation didnt't
> indicate anything obvious.

Preference files are in ~/Library/Preferences. Look for the files and
folders with 'Adobe' and/or 'Photoshop' in their name, such as the
'Adobe Photoshop CS2 Settings' folder.

--
Johan W. Elzenga            johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl
Editor / Photographer      http://www.johanfoto.nl/
Jason Snape wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to copy preference files from one Mac to another, if so
> which files do I copy & from where. A cursory investigation didnt't
> indicate anything obvious.
>
> Thanks, Jason

In general not a very good idea. Why do you want to do this? There may
be a better way to achieve what you want.

--
Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html

> Jason Snape wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is it possible to copy preference files from one Mac to another, if so
>> which files do I copy & from where. A cursory investigation didnt't
>> indicate anything obvious.
>>
>> Thanks, Jason
>
> In general not a very good idea. Why do you want to do this? There may
> be a better way to achieve what you want.

The problem I'm having is that EPS files saved on one machine are not
opening on another machine. I've just found out, however, that the machine
that is saving the files is running CS2 and the machine opening the files
is running CS1, I think this is probably the root of the problem as all
settings that I can see are identical on both. I've checked Google & the
Adobe web site but I've had no luck so far, any ideas?

Cheers, Jase.
0
Jason
6/16/2005 9:16:43 AM
Jason Snape wrote:
> edjh <edjhann@hotmail.com> wrote in news:h1Lre.103$S17.24925
> @monger.newsread.com:
>

>>Jason Snape wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>Is it possible to copy preference files from one Mac to another, if so
>>>which files do I copy & from where. A cursory investigation didnt't
>>>indicate anything obvious.
>>>
>>>Thanks, Jason
>>
>>In general not a very good idea. Why do you want to do this? There may
>>be a better way to achieve what you want.
>>

> The problem I'm having is that EPS files saved on one machine are not
> opening on another machine. I've just found out, however, that the machine
> that is saving the files is running CS2 and the machine opening the files
> is running CS1, I think this is probably the root of the problem as all
> settings that I can see are identical on both. I've checked Google & the
> Adobe web site but I've had no luck so far, any ideas?

I'd say you may have uncovered the problem, which can be cured most
likely by upgrading the machine with CS to CSII.

I generally avoid migrating Prefs unless I am duplicating everything.
IAE, you can create a supplemental plugins folder that may be useful.

--
John McWilliams
0