Photoshop surgery: swapping heads and other body parts

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Greetings all,

For quite some time I've been working in Photoshop to perfect the art
of "swapping heads" and other forms of "Photoshop surgery" (some may
call it "Photoshop trickery"). After much time, trial and error, I
find that I can do it if a person has the patience. But still more
times than not, there seems to be a lingering "fake" aspect to the
touched up images. I do my best to match lighting, color, grain,
texture and resolution, but yet they never seem to be quite perfect. I
know it can be done because I've seen other examples floating around
here and there, usually on the web,  where you know a Photoshop master
got in there and did a completely believable composite. Even sometimes
of something that can't possibly exist but yet it looks totally
believable, and you findyorself asking, "is that real?"

(perhaps some of you have seen the picture of the "jet airliner,"
where what is normally the main long passenger section is one big
engine, and under the wings where the engines would normally be, are
small pods or "passenger sections.")

Seems like I've been trying forever (a very long time) to find good
information, books or tutorials (preferably video tutorials) on this
somewhat obscure subject regarding Photoshop. Some books like "How To
Cheat In Photoshop" by Steve Caplin, touch on the subject briefly but
are otherwise very lacking and usually devote only 1 or 2 pages to the
matter. Who are the masters? Is there anyone that puts out training or
tutorials on this specific subject? I would be very grateful if anyone
could let me know. Thank you.

James
0
Reply James_D 1/5/2008 5:45:01 AM

See related articles to this posting

On Jan 4, 11:45 pm, Jame...@nomail.com.com wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> For quite some time I've been working in Photoshop to perfect the art
> of "swapping heads" and other forms of "Photoshop surgery" (some may
> call it "Photoshop trickery"). After much time, trial and error, I
> find that I can do it if a person has the patience. But still more
> times than not, there seems to be a lingering "fake" aspect to the
> touched up images. I do my best to match lighting, color, grain,
> texture and resolution, but yet they never seem to be quite perfect. I
> know it can be done because I've seen other examples floating around
> here and there, usually on the web,  where you know a Photoshop master
> got in there and did a completely believable composite. Even sometimes
> of something that can't possibly exist but yet it looks totally
> believable, and you findyorself asking, "is that real?"
>
> (perhaps some of you have seen the picture of the "jet airliner,"
> where what is normally the main long passenger section is one big
> engine, and under the wings where the engines would normally be, are
> small pods or "passenger sections.")
>
> Seems like I've been trying forever (a very long time) to find good
> information, books or tutorials (preferably video tutorials) on this
> somewhat obscure subject regarding Photoshop. Some books like "How To
> Cheat In Photoshop" by Steve Caplin, touch on the subject briefly but
> are otherwise very lacking and usually devote only 1 or 2 pages to the
> matter. Who are the masters? Is there anyone that puts out training or
> tutorials on this specific subject? I would be very grateful if anyone
> could let me know. Thank you.
>
> James

At worth1000.com you will find masters at this as well tutorials and
you can even compete with other members as a way to improve. At the
end of the contests the other members provide critique and answer
questions. It's fun but addictive so I got out.

Good luck,
Ron

0
Reply ronviers 1/5/2008 5:57:40 AM
comp.graphics.apps.photoshop 8039 articles. 6 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Parts parts parts
Anyone need any 1541 drive mechinisms, cases, or boards. Also have a few chips sitting here that I don't have a use for at this time. Charles http://www.8bitdesigns.ath.cx ...

headings headings headings
I'm working on yet another online editor, this allows non html savy people to add "blocks" that may contain paragraphs, headings, lists and images to the editable part of a template. The editable part of the page tends to be simple and homegeneous (each "block" tends to have similar content) as it's just a part of the page (the template are complex). The pages are commercial rather than educational. How many types of headings does a simple page need? Does a page that has lesser headings need an h1? What about just using h3's as a general purpose h...

Parts is Parts
Some of you are wondering where their P112 boards are. Here's the scoop: The order was sent in for parts and the best anyone can figure is that it got lost in the mail. Nobody cashed the check and there's no record of a purchase being made. My bad. Tomorrow the order will be sent off via fax and constant phone calls will be used to make sure the goodies are on the way. BTW, I've gotten my paws on some new (to me) CP/M gear. Suppose I gut out a Kaypro and install a P112 inside. Is this too sacreligious? -- David Griffith dgriffi@cs.csbuak.edu <-- Switch the 'b&...

insert part "transfers" in multi body part
When inserting a part into a multibody part file, we are given the option of "transfer" of axis, plane, cos thd., and surface. When I click plane option the planes of the inserting part show up. But if I choose axis or surface nothing happens. But is suppose to happen? I think I am transfering in the planes of the inserting part, ok. but what about surface,axis, cos thd? Any help is much appreciated. billyb <bhorn1@voyager.net> wrote in news:ab85ea86-388c-4b18-a037- 7e2bfe904be4@d27g2000prf.googlegroups.com: > When inserting a part into a multibody part file, we are given...

Swap on, Swap off
Linux - If I turn the swap off on the system (which I can do while the system is running without having to reboot), it doesn't seem to make any difference in performance. Everything works the same as it did as when the swap was active with 512M of RAM. Windows XP Pro - Turn the pagefile off, have to reboot. On bootup, things are running noticeably slower, and the printing system is not working at all with 512M of RAM. Apps take much longer to load, if they load at all, and the whole system feels sluggish and slow. Windows - give me swap or give me death! -- rapskat - 04:47:40 ...

Photoshop CS3 Beta review of Photoshop, parts 1, 2 and 3
Hi All, As part of my ongoing review of the CS3 Beta I've uploaded three new articles on my site on Photoshop, looking at the user interface, ImageReady, Smart Filters and Black and White: <http://www.dimagemaker.com/specials/pscs3.php> More to follow. Cheers, Wayne Wayne J. Cosshall Publisher, The Digital ImageMaker, http://www.dimagemaker.com/ Blog http://www.digitalimagemakerworld.com/ Publisher, Experimental Digital Photography http://www.experimentaldigitalphotography.com Workshops and seminars: http://www.thedigitalimagemaker.com/ Personal art site http://www.artinyour...

is Head[] part of the expression?
I am now in a state of little confusion about when Head[] of a list (the value at index 0) is 'looked' at when passing a list to a function to process the list. For example, below I have a list, and then Position[] is passed this list to find the nonzero elements in the list. Depending on the test for zero used, different results show up. Sometime the Head[] of the list is examined (because I get zero index) and sometime it is not. So, my question, what is the rule-of-thumb on this? I am making a cheat sheet for Mathematica, and wanted to make a simple rules to rememb...

solid body in a part?
I've totally confused myself...... I'm drawing a table with four legs. I want the table to be a part (not an asssembly) to be inserted into an assembly. I want to draw one leg that consist of three pieces. I want to make the three pieces become one feature/part and then insert the other three legs into the part. Is that possible? I don't want to make the leg a single part and then assemble the table as an assembly. In the asm, edit part, Insert/Features/Join. ... On Dec 5, 8:29 am, "dlevy" <jib...@jabber.com> wrote: > I've totally confused my...

how to transplant heads with photoshop
Hello, I have two photos: a head with bright skin color and a body picture with a darker sun tan skin color. Is there any tutorial or hint how to match them? Uwe -- mail to newsgroup@ziegenhagen.info is read only from time to time. If you need an urgent answer, google for me. Uwe Ziegenhagen <newsgroup@ziegenhagen.info> wrote: > I have two photos: a head with bright skin color and a body picture with > a darker sun tan skin color. Is there any tutorial or hint how to match > them? Try http://www.fake-detective.com/. Full of useful hints. -- | James Gifford *...

swap some part of a vector, how?
a = [1 2 3 4]; I want to have a vector as: a = [1 4 3 2]; I am aware about tricks as: a(end:-1:1) fliplr(a) But as you can see I cannot generalize to the above problem that I have :( On 3/24/2011 10:51 AM, Sofia Häggberg wrote: > a = [1 2 3 4]; > > I want to have a vector as: > > a = [1 4 3 2]; > > I am aware about tricks as: > a(end:-1:1) > fliplr(a) > > But as you can see I cannot generalize to the above problem that I have :( a=[a(1) fliplr(a(3:4)) a(2)] a = 1 ...

body and head texturing
hi, i'm always working on my woman project, and the model is almost end, but now i have to start the texturing. I'already textured some complete models, but they was some low-poly model for the game and then the risolution was very low, then i used the uvmapping manually, now that i have to texture a full model of a nude woman i can't use the same technique because i get the connection line in the texture. Who can help me? please -- Love & Peace Respect the Nature I think you mean the UV seams are going across the model? This happens with low poly models too. You need to...

Re: is Head[] part of the expression?
> 2. If the Mathematica function does not like Heads option, > then do not use it (make a notes of such functions, should > not be many of them) Hi. Here's my attempt at finding such functions. In help for the function 'Names, there is an example for finding functions with certain Attributes. I could not find one for Options. Here's the best I came up with for now. I get a warning message with the output. Does anyone have a better idea for this code ?? Thanks. Here's my attempt. Find functions that have the option Heads -> True/False NamesWithOp...

array goes in body or head?
From all that I've read so far, nothing has really been said as to where an array goes. So I am assuming the body. Question is though, should the array be before any html or what? richard wrote: > From all that I've read so far, nothing has really been said as to where an > array goes. So I am assuming the body. I find it goes in the code really. > Question is though, should the array be before any html or what? PHP is ALWAYS before HTML. PHP is what OUTPUTS HTML. On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 18:46:19 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote: > richard wrote: &...

centering \part heading in toc
Hi, Is it possible to centre \part headings in table of contents? Regards, Reza ...

part by part diagram
Hey, My motherboard is intel945gcnl pentium4,I want the full diagram of my motherboard.Where I found it. lebu1981525@gmail.com lebu_1981@hotmail.com "lebu sherker" <lebu1981525@gmail.com> wrote in message news:17d810ac-8dd6-4b30-b146-58ebf638f308@u18g2000pro.googlegroups.com... > Hey, > My motherboard is intel945gcnl pentium4,I want the full > diagram of my motherboard.Where I found it. > lebu1981525@gmail.com > lebu_1981@hotmail.com http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/deskto...

head.S is part of bootloader ?
Hi, Eager to know the use of head.S file. As far i understand by looking into the head.S file, it does the following - - head.S contains the 32-bit startup code. - Clear BSS - Perform decompression, and jump to the new kernel It looks like head.S does the decompression and gives the control to the new kernel and this feature inturn appears to be a functionality of the bootloader. But, is head.S file something like primary bootloader ? If so, it should give the control to the bootloader, but it is giving control to the kernel . Where does it lie in the memory ? Further, what is ...

Aligning part headings in TOCs
Can anyone suggest how to align the part titles in a table of contents in the same way that chapter titles current align. Example, \documentclass[oneside]{book} \usepackage{lipsum} \begin{document} \tableofcontents \part{Primary} \chapter{One}\lipsum[1-3] \chapter{Two}\lipsum[4-6] \chapter{Three}\lipsum[7-9] \chapter{Four}\lipsum[10-12] \chapter{Five}\lipsum[13-15] \chapter{Six}\lipsum[16-18] \part{Secondary} \chapter{Seven}\lipsum[19-21] \chapter{Eight}\lipsum[22-24] \part{Tertiary} \chapter{Nine}\lipsum[25-27] \chapter{Ten}\lipsum[28-30] \end{do...

moving script from body to head

Photoshop/Photoshop CS ?
What is the difference between Photoshop 7.0 and Photoshop CS? Sometimes I see them used synonymously and some times differently. Sidney Friedman wrote: > What is the difference between Photoshop 7.0 and Photoshop CS? Sometimes I > see them used synonymously and some times differently. Photoshop CS is a newer version than Photoshop 7. Cheers, Nicholas Sherlock If you open the About dialog for PS CS it says Version 8.0. Dane "Sidney Friedman" <counsel2@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:ifnSf.1492$4L1.77@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com... > What is the diffe...

Problems with adjustwidth on part headings
I'm having a problem with centering the page put out by the \part command. The \part page comes out correctly but, when I center it, I get an odd extra page after the table of contents. I've winnowed the original file down to this minimal working example: \documentclass[twoside,openright,extrafontsizes,a5paper]{memoir} \medievalpage \checkandfixthelayout \usepackage{fontspec} \usepackage{xltxtra} \usepackage{xunicode} \newlength{\centeringlength} \calccentering{\centeringlength} \begin{document} \begin{titlingpage} \aliaspagestyle{titlingpage}{empty} \begin{adjus...

stolen body-parts investigation
http://www.canada.com/topics/news/oddities/story.html?id=75068b3b-4a13-42c3-90fb-c4ef02cb01c7&k=29273 ...

Representing body parts in C++
I am working on a model animator, and currently I am working on identifying which triangles are in which body part. Body parts would be like: Body (all), Torso, right leg, right upper leg, right lower leg, right foot foot, left leg, left upper leg, left lower leg, left foot, head, right arm, right bicept, right forearm, right hand, right thumb, right pointer, etc... So if I wanted the right leg, I would want all points in the leg (upper, lower, foot). Same with arm (bicept, forearm, hand, fingers), etc... I'm trying to decide on a good model for this, and also the complication may ...

Very Hot Swap Part 2
Very Hot Swap Part 2 http://t.co/WZi0cKn6 ...

How to hide part of the body content?
Hello, My employer adds a huge advert on how to get removed from mailing lists at the begining of each mail sent to them. I therefore need to move down one screen to be able to read the message body contents. Is there a way to hide some contents of the body so that I don't need to scroll down to get to the interesting part of the messages? Thank you very much, ´┐Żngel -- Saludos, Angel O< ascii ribbon campaign - stop html mail and posts - www.asciiribbon.org On 2008-03-17, Angel <angel@hell.es> wrote: > My employer adds a huge advert on how to get remo...