Photoshop surgery: swapping heads and other body parts

  • Permalink
  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow


Greetings all,

For quite some time I've been working in Photoshop to perfect the art
of "swapping heads" and other forms of "Photoshop surgery" (some may
call it "Photoshop trickery"). After much time, trial and error, I
find that I can do it if a person has the patience. But still more
times than not, there seems to be a lingering "fake" aspect to the
touched up images. I do my best to match lighting, color, grain,
texture and resolution, but yet they never seem to be quite perfect. I
know it can be done because I've seen other examples floating around
here and there, usually on the web,  where you know a Photoshop master
got in there and did a completely believable composite. Even sometimes
of something that can't possibly exist but yet it looks totally
believable, and you findyorself asking, "is that real?"

(perhaps some of you have seen the picture of the "jet airliner,"
where what is normally the main long passenger section is one big
engine, and under the wings where the engines would normally be, are
small pods or "passenger sections.")

Seems like I've been trying forever (a very long time) to find good
information, books or tutorials (preferably video tutorials) on this
somewhat obscure subject regarding Photoshop. Some books like "How To
Cheat In Photoshop" by Steve Caplin, touch on the subject briefly but
are otherwise very lacking and usually devote only 1 or 2 pages to the
matter. Who are the masters? Is there anyone that puts out training or
tutorials on this specific subject? I would be very grateful if anyone
could let me know. Thank you. 

James
0
Reply James_D 1/5/2008 5:45:01 AM

See related articles to this posting

On Jan 4, 11:45 pm, Jame...@nomail.com.com wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> For quite some time I've been working in Photoshop to perfect the art
> of "swapping heads" and other forms of "Photoshop surgery" (some may
> call it "Photoshop trickery"). After much time, trial and error, I
> find that I can do it if a person has the patience. But still more
> times than not, there seems to be a lingering "fake" aspect to the
> touched up images. I do my best to match lighting, color, grain,
> texture and resolution, but yet they never seem to be quite perfect. I
> know it can be done because I've seen other examples floating around
> here and there, usually on the web,  where you know a Photoshop master
> got in there and did a completely believable composite. Even sometimes
> of something that can't possibly exist but yet it looks totally
> believable, and you findyorself asking, "is that real?"
>
> (perhaps some of you have seen the picture of the "jet airliner,"
> where what is normally the main long passenger section is one big
> engine, and under the wings where the engines would normally be, are
> small pods or "passenger sections.")
>
> Seems like I've been trying forever (a very long time) to find good
> information, books or tutorials (preferably video tutorials) on this
> somewhat obscure subject regarding Photoshop. Some books like "How To
> Cheat In Photoshop" by Steve Caplin, touch on the subject briefly but
> are otherwise very lacking and usually devote only 1 or 2 pages to the
> matter. Who are the masters? Is there anyone that puts out training or
> tutorials on this specific subject? I would be very grateful if anyone
> could let me know. Thank you.
>
> James

At worth1000.com you will find masters at this as well tutorials and
you can even compete with other members as a way to improve. At the
end of the contests the other members provide critique and answer
questions. It's fun but addictive so I got out.

Good luck,
Ron

0
Reply ronviers 1/5/2008 5:57:40 AM
comp.graphics.apps.photoshop 8033 articles. 6 followers. Post

1 Replies
262 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 56

  • Permalink
  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow


Reply:

Similar Artilces:

insert part "transfers" in multi body part
When inserting a part into a multibody part file, we are given the option of "transfer" of axis, plane, cos thd., and surface. When I click plane option the planes of the inserting part show up. But if I choose axis or surface nothing happens. But is suppose to happen? I think I am transfering in the planes of the inserting part, ok. but what about surface,axis, cos thd? Any help is much appreciated. billyb <bhorn1@voyager.net> wrote in news:ab85ea86-388c-4b18-a037- 7e2bfe904be4@d27g2000prf.googlegroups.com: > When inserting a part into a multibody part file, we are given...

Photoshop CS3 Beta review of Photoshop, parts 1, 2 and 3
Hi All, As part of my ongoing review of the CS3 Beta I've uploaded three new articles on my site on Photoshop, looking at the user interface, ImageReady, Smart Filters and Black and White: <http://www.dimagemaker.com/specials/pscs3.php> More to follow. Cheers, Wayne Wayne J. Cosshall Publisher, The Digital ImageMaker, http://www.dimagemaker.com/ Blog http://www.digitalimagemakerworld.com/ Publisher, Experimental Digital Photography http://www.experimentaldigitalphotography.com Workshops and seminars: http://www.thedigitalimagemaker.com/ Personal art site http://www.artinyour...

is Head[] part of the expression?
I am now in a state of little confusion about when Head[] of a list (the value at index 0) is 'looked' at when passing a list to a function to process the list. For example, below I have a list, and then Position[] is passed this list to find the nonzero elements in the list. Depending on the test for zero used, different results show up. Sometime the Head[] of the list is examined (because I get zero index) and sometime it is not. So, my question, what is the rule-of-thumb on this? I am making a cheat sheet for Mathematica, and wanted to make a simple rules to rememb...

solid body in a part?
I've totally confused myself...... I'm drawing a table with four legs. I want the table to be a part (not an asssembly) to be inserted into an assembly. I want to draw one leg that consist of three pieces. I want to make the three pieces become one feature/part and then insert the other three legs into the part. Is that possible? I don't want to make the leg a single part and then assemble the table as an assembly. In the asm, edit part, Insert/Features/Join. ... On Dec 5, 8:29 am, "dlevy" <jib...@jabber.com> wrote: > I've totally confused my...

how to transplant heads with photoshop
Hello, I have two photos: a head with bright skin color and a body picture with a darker sun tan skin color. Is there any tutorial or hint how to match them? Uwe -- mail to newsgroup@ziegenhagen.info is read only from time to time. If you need an urgent answer, google for me. Uwe Ziegenhagen <newsgroup@ziegenhagen.info> wrote: > I have two photos: a head with bright skin color and a body picture with > a darker sun tan skin color. Is there any tutorial or hint how to match > them? Try http://www.fake-detective.com/. Full of useful hints. -- | James Gifford *...

swap some part of a vector, how?
a = [1 2 3 4]; I want to have a vector as: a = [1 4 3 2]; I am aware about tricks as: a(end:-1:1) fliplr(a) But as you can see I cannot generalize to the above problem that I have :( On 3/24/2011 10:51 AM, Sofia Häggberg wrote: > a = [1 2 3 4]; > > I want to have a vector as: > > a = [1 4 3 2]; > > I am aware about tricks as: > a(end:-1:1) > fliplr(a) > > But as you can see I cannot generalize to the above problem that I have :( a=[a(1) fliplr(a(3:4)) a(2)] a = 1 ...

body and head texturing
hi, i'm always working on my woman project, and the model is almost end, but now i have to start the texturing. I'already textured some complete models, but they was some low-poly model for the game and then the risolution was very low, then i used the uvmapping manually, now that i have to texture a full model of a nude woman i can't use the same technique because i get the connection line in the texture. Who can help me? please -- Love & Peace Respect the Nature I think you mean the UV seams are going across the model? This happens with low poly models too. You need to...

Re: is Head[] part of the expression?
> 2. If the Mathematica function does not like Heads option, > then do not use it (make a notes of such functions, should > not be many of them) Hi. Here's my attempt at finding such functions. In help for the function 'Names, there is an example for finding functions with certain Attributes. I could not find one for Options. Here's the best I came up with for now. I get a warning message with the output. Does anyone have a better idea for this code ?? Thanks. Here's my attempt. Find functions that have the option Heads -> True/False NamesWithOp...

centering \part heading in toc
Hi, Is it possible to centre \part headings in table of contents? Regards, Reza ...