Setting text tabs in Photoshop

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I can't figure this one out.

Is there a way to set the tab spacing when typing into a text box in PS CS?

Mike.

0
Reply mike 4/7/2005 8:49:02 PM

See related articles to this posting
comp.graphics.apps.photoshop 8033 articles. 6 followers. Post

How can I set the tab order of text box controls on each page of a tab control?
I need to be able to select the tabbing order of individual controls on a single page of a tabbed control. How?? In LV 6.1 an up you should be ablel to right click on the edge of the tab control when the tab-page in question is selected. The bttom selcetion in the pop-up is "Reoder controls in page..." selecting this option will switch editing modes to allow you to specify the ored, just like in a cluster. I seem to remeber in older versions you had to drag the tabable controls off the tab control, specify the tabbing oder and then drag them back on. The oldest version I have on ...

Adjust Tab settings for body text?
Is there a setting (or settings plugin) to adjust the default Tab spacing for message text in messages? (Eudora 6.2, Mac OS X) In article <siegman-1E4126.13392107032005@news.stanford.edu>, AES <siegman@stanford.edu> wrote: > Is there a setting (or settings plugin) to adjust the default Tab > spacing for message text in messages? > > (Eudora 6.2, Mac OS X) <x-eudora-setting:7218> Number of chars to indent for a tab. -- James Meiss <http://amath.colorado.edu/faculty/jdm> ...

Photoshop CS3 Question
I have a Photoshop CS3 document which has four layers. From bottom to top they are called Background, Artwork, Small Text, and Large Text. The Background layer is a full coverage single color. The Artwork layer is a simple single color item on a transparent background. The two text lalyers are text on transparent backgrounds. What I would like to be able to do is change the colors used in each of the four lalyers and then save that variant. The problem I'm experiencing is that I have been unable to find out how I change the color of the text in the two text layers. I'm hopin...

HTML Text and Photoshop Text
Hey Folks: I thought it best to do title text in photoshop and bring into my webpage for a better quality look. But, using Composer, the HTML looks pretty darn OK. Thoughts? Composer? what is that.. I would much prefer using Adobe Photoshp for text titles. Their effects are nice & customizable & with CS2, you can do more with that. "Raoul" <gaycat56@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1132628078.236760.142570@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hey Folks: > > I thought it best to do title text in photoshop and bring into my > webpage for a better quali...

How can I get Tab space betweem text on MS Excel report using Excel Easy Text.vi and Tab Constant?
I am using Excel Easy Text.vi from Report Generation palette (LabVIEW 7.1) to generate Excel report. &nbsp; I&nbsp;created&nbsp;a string (includes text and Tab Constants) and connected it to "text" input of Excel Easy Text.vi. The output on the Excel report is the text and a small&nbsp;square shaped drawing&nbsp;(space) not a tab. I tried \t got same result. &nbsp; How can I get Tab space betweem text on my Excel report sheet using Excel Easy Text.vi and Tab Constant? &nbsp; Thanks for your help. &nbsp; LVLV Hello, From what I can tell, you cannot i...

How do I change setting settings in a text file
I need to write a script that allows a user to view, add, or delete a setting in a configuration file (config.txt) that contains settings in the form variable=value. The following is an example of such configuration file: Code: HOME=/u/soc/abc HOST=lawson HOSTTYPE=sun4 LOGNAME=abc OSTYPE=solaris PATH=/usr/dt/bin:/usr/openwin/bin:/bin:. PS1=$ PS2=> SHELL=/usr/bin/tcsh TZ=Japan/Tokyo USER=abc VENDOR=sun .... ... ... ... For ease of use, my script must present a menu of operations that a user may choose from. After a user makes a selection and that the selected operation has been completed...

Setting the text color of a disabled text box
Simply put - if I have a disabled textbox how could I change the font-color from gray? e.g. <input type="text" disabled></input> Color no longer seems to work. Can it be done and if so how? Thanks, Chris Ullman In article <c0b6lf$in2$1@hercules.btinternet.com>, chris.ullman@REMOVE_THISbtinternet.com enlightened us with... > Simply put - if I have a disabled textbox how could I change the font-color > from gray? > > e.g. <input type="text" disabled></input> > > Color no longer seems to work. Can it be...

Failed to set text in the text control (wxGTK)
I've been working with wxWidgets (wxMSW) for a couple years and I love it! I recently started compiling my sources on a Linux box using wxGTK. I'm currently using wxWidgets 2.7.0 both on Win32 (WinXP) and Linux/GTK (under Fedora Core 5). I currently need to compile for non-Unicode ANSI builds on both platforms. Although I've had no problems setting strings of text containing "smart quotes" into my wxTextCtrl widgets under wxMSW, I've been getting "Failed to set text in the text control" errors under wxGTK whenever the strings contain one or more of...

how to set xterm set-tek-text options?
Hi all, I use xterm windows frequently, but find the default font size is too large. Reading over the xterm documentation, I can't find a way to set the set-tek-text option on the command line or in my environment. I can CTRL-[rightclick], but I want this to be set by default every time an xterm is opened. Is it possible to set this on the command line? Or in my environment? If so, where can I find the syntax? Thanks! -Steve in Phx. On 10 Mar 2005 12:32:04 -0800, two_wheeled@hotmail.com wrote: > Hi all, > I use xterm windows frequently, but find the default font siz...

How to set width of text input to physical text width
I have a grid. When the focus is put on a cell an input is created with the value being the cell's text. I would like to size the input to the physical width of the text. Ideas? John function editCell (cell) { if (document.getElementById) { cell.normalize(); var input = document.createElement('INPUT'); input.setAttribute('value', cell.firstChild.nodeValue); input.setAttribute('size', cell.firstChild.nodeValue.length); //RATHER THAN SET THE SIZE, I WOULD PREFER TO SET STYLE WIDTH input.onblur = function (evt) { setCell(this.parentNode,t...

setting tabs
I need to set tabs on java generated pages. Pages have four sections: header, sidebar, body, and footer. The sidebar and body change dynamically. The tab key must go to anchors and buttons doing all in the header first, all in the sidebar second, etc. A base page contains includes for all the pieces and has the body tag. I am trying to use code pasted below. It has two problems. One, I should not have to check childnodes.length before doing recursion. If I remove that it gets stuck in a loop. With it, it does not recurse into child nodes. Two, I would like to know what attribute to check prio...

how to prevent tabs in edit text boxes (tab to change uicontrol)
I have a GUI with several uicontrols with single line edit text boxes and one multi-line box. I want to be able to tab between fields, but once the multi-line edit box has the focus, a tab creates a tab in the string of the edit text box instead of moving on to the next uicontrol in the tab order. All help is appreciated. "Jayson Brouchoud" <brou0040@tc.umn.edu> wrote in message <hibndh$4sq$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I have a GUI with several uicontrols with single line edit text boxes and one multi-line box. I want to be able to tab between fields, but once th...

Mouse changes when Tab label is Text[] vs normal text. Why?
Hello experts; This is not a big deal thing for me, I just was curios on what this behavior occur more than anything. If you enter the following command: TabView[{"1" -> 1, Style["2", FontSize -> 16] -> 2}] and then move the mouse over the Tab with '2' on it, and notice the mouse shape, you'll see it stays an arrow shape (standard on windoz). Now if you enter this command instead: TabView[{"1" -> 1, Text[Style["2", FontSize -> 16]] -> 2}] and do the same, you'll notice that the mouse, when it is ...

Keyword Sets And Metadata Templates
How would you move your keyword sets or just lists of keywords from Photoshop CS (file browser) to Photoshop CS2 (Bridge) ? The only way i see is to write one complete set in Photoshop CS into a picture, then load that into Bridge and put the new keyword arrivals into one set. But that's a hassle, and even more so when some sets have partly the same keywords. This also applies to metadata templates. Any good idea? Thank you! ...

List text files showing LFs and expanded tabs (was: Colorize expanded tabs)
Hi all, in a previous post I asked help for colorizing expanded tab. I wanted to list text files showing in colors LFs and the expanded tabs. I hoped to use only bash but, being impossible, I reverted to Python. I programmed a very short script . Here it is (... and I ask comments or critics): # for Linux users # starting from a list of all the lines of a text files (lFileList) nNP=9 # n. of Not Printables characters for line in lFileList: nTab= line.count('\t') if nTab > 0: for i in range(nTab): nPosTab=line.find('\t') line...

PhotoShop 5 don't recognize editable text created in Photoshop 7
Hi! I created in Photoshop 7 (PC) an image that had a background photo in one layer and some text in another layer. It was saved as a .PSD file, so all the layers and text could be worked in the future. The problem is when I try to open it on another friend's computer which only has the Photoshop 5.5, it doesn't recognize the text as editable text, as it was saved, but as a picture with the contour all jagged. Thanks! >The problem is when I try to open it on another friend's computer >which only has the Photoshop 5.5, it doesn't recognize the text as >editable text...

How to make send key ([tab] [tab]Text [Enter]) in some program (Internet Explorer or Notepad)?
How to make send key ([tab] [tab]Text [Enter]) in some program (Internet Explorer or Notepad)? Thanks Max max wrote: >How to make send key ([tab] [tab]Text [Enter]) in some program (Internet >Explorer or Notepad)? Use the module Win32::GuiTest, and from that module, use the function SendKeys. <http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?Win32::GuiTest> You must be working on Windows, you're probably using ActivePerl, then use PPM to install the above module. -- Bart. "max" <max@xxx.tovle.ct> wrote in message news:eul21e$m7d$1@ss408.t-com.hr... > How to make...

What text property setting controls the "look" of the text in label attached to disabled textbox?
You know how the text in the attached label sort of 'greys out' when you click something that sets MyTextbox.Enabled = False? I would like to make a label's text look like that? How do I do it? It look sort-a-like sunken text or shadowed - I don't know what. "MLH" <CRCI@NorthState.net> schreef in bericht = news:sfvab15dith42ec99ur6aeoa6qbgsclse4@4ax.com... > You know how the text in the attached label > sort of 'greys out' when you click something > that sets MyTextbox.Enabled =3D False? >=20 > I would like to make a label's text lo...

How can I set the caption text of picture controls inside an array or how can I choose which array element is assigned using the array elements caption text property.
I have 8 picture controls inside an array and I would like to set the caption text of these controls. I have used the property node of the array and used the array elements property caption text to set the text. &nbsp; The problem is however that&nbsp;I set the same text to all the picture controls inside the array. My question is how to set caption text of specific elements (Picture control) that I have so far only been able to access using the array elements caption text property. &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Some more help &nbsp; 1 You could use the caption of the array and...

How to set text in a cell
My web page has thumbnail pictures, and when the user clicks on a thumbnail, I change the image source of a full-size image elsewhere on the page. I'd also like to change the caption of the full-size image, but I'm not sure how to set the value of the text. I've tried creating a form with a single input field, and I can set the value of that field, but the field has a sunken style that I can't get rid of, and I'd like to find a different way of displaying the text. Is there an easier way to change the value of a text field? Thanks, Tom On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 14:31:04 -0...

Text on curve in Photoshop?
Hi, Is it possible to write a text on a bezier curve in Photoshop? If yes, how? Thanks. Fabrice Skynet wrote: > Hi, > Is it possible to write a text on a bezier curve in Photoshop? > If yes, how? > Thanks. > > Yes and no. Mostly no. Photoshop does not allow text on a path. You can manually place individual letters on a path but they won't actually be attached to the path. If you change the path the letters won't follow. This is asked every day. look at other posts to get more info. -- Comic book sketches and artwork: http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html...

Setting text on JMenuItem
When setting a new menu item text while the program is running, nothing happens visually. Does anyone know why and how to fix it? TIA, Karsten "Karsten Wutzke" <kwutzke-blahblah@emporis.com> wrote in message news:bs0lau$f3i$07$1@news.t-online.com... > When setting a new menu item text while the program is running, nothing > happens visually. Does anyone know why and how to fix it? > call validate() on the menu/item -- Mike W VisionSet wrote: > "Karsten Wutzke" <kwutzke-blahblah@emporis.com> wrote in message > news:bs0lau$f3i$07$1@news....

setting tab in pico
Dear all, how do I set the tab in the pico editor so it skips 6 spaces instead of 8? Many thanks --Jeremy p.s. I'm a user on a linux system, if that makes a difference. *** jeremy targett (ejt@elsewhere.comet) wrote in comp.mail.pine today: :) Dear all, how do I set the tab in the pico editor so it skips 6 spaces :) instead of 8? Many thanks --Jeremy Jeremy, You can not set tabs in Pico, it is hardcoded. -- Eduardo Patches/Help: http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/ XML/RSS feed: http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/pine.xml Please send spam to webmaster@localhost ...

3d text in photoshop
Hello guys, I would like to make deep 3D text, like this: http://www.baroncelli.eu/3d.gif Is there any special Photoshot plugin to do these easily? Or any special technique? Daniele In article <epe8hq$dua$1@newsreader.mailgate.org>, "Ubi" <ubimmc93@libero.it> wrote: > I would like to make deep 3D text, like this: > > http://www.baroncelli.eu/3d.gif > > > Is there any special Photoshot plugin to do these easily? When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail... Photoshop is not the right tool for 3D rendering of any kind, te...