Graphics card choices

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I'm an occasional user of 3DSMax.  I'll use it to sell a carpentry job
now and then.  Not a whole kitchen or anything
that involved, just things like a garden bridge or a wine cabinet.
Still, I'd like to improve performance in a new
system I'm building.  There are a couple of 1st person shooter games I
enjoy playing like Unreal Tournament
and Quake, but I'd be willing to sacrifice performance in that area to
improve it with Max and Photoshop.  The
two cards I'm considering when push comes to shove are the NVidia
GForce 7950 GT (512 MB of ram) vs.
an NVidia Quadro FX560 (128 MB of ram.)  Which card would push the
pixels around faster and give better
performance overall in MAX?

0
Reply edswoods.1 (4) 6/26/2007 1:38:12 AM

See related articles to this posting
comp.graphics.misc 1419 articles. 2 followers. Post

Graphics Cards Choice
Hi Folks, I've received a few PC games as christmas presents and need to upgrade my graphics in order to play them (@ a decent rate anyway). My Budget is max. of �200 (UK). There are so many cards to choose from so maybe someone out there can help me decide. 1) Appart from the obvious, is there a big difference in choosing a 128Mb card over 256Mb card? Which one would you recommend. 2) What would you say is better, ATI card or NVIDIA card? The kind of games I have to play are Half-Life2, Rome: Total War and Doom3. Does anyone recommend a decent card that will let me keep playing u...

Graphics Cards Choice
Hi Folks, I've received a few PC games as christmas presents and need to upgrade my graphics in order to play them (@ a decent rate anyway). My Budget is max. of �200 (UK). There are so many cards to choose from so maybe someone out there can help me decide. 1) Appart from the obvious, is there a big difference in choosing a 128Mb card over 256Mb card? Which one would you recommend. 2) What would you say is better, ATI card or NVIDIA card? The kind of games I have to play are Half-Life2, Rome: Total War and Doom3. Does anyone recommend a decent card that will let me keep playing u...

[9fans] graphic card choice
Hello has anyone tested a nvidia gtx560 with dvi output (or simmilar) with the vesa driver? thanks, gabi ...

Graphics Card Choice for Dell Precision 390
Buying a new system for ProE use. I work with fairly large assemblies, and plastic parts with alot of features, drafts and rounds. Here are the graphics card choices: Quadro FX 4500 $1440 (512MB) Quadro FX 3500 $815 (256MB) Quadro FX 3450 $515 (256MB) FireGL V7200 $715 (256MB) Quadro FX550 $61 (128MB) FireGL V3400 $61 (128MB) Quadro NVS285 $0 (128MB) I am thinking about the FX 3450 since that seems to be reasonable in price. Others in my company have bought a FX550, but that seems to be pretty low-end. Any comments or suggestions? Thanks! No Spam wrote: >...

graphics cards vs video cards
why are graphics cards way more expensive than video cards, even though they have slower core and memory speeds? I believe "Graphics cards and "video cards" are the same thing. "b" <bruin70@mail.com> wrote in message news:95513a07.0408031434.61c9a9bb@posting.google.com... > why are graphics cards way more expensive than video cards, even > though they have slower core and memory speeds? Huh? Graphics cards = Video Cards. Two different names for the same thing. -- DaveW "b" <bruin70@mail.com> wrote in message news:95513a07.0408031...

sound card and graphics card ports???
I have following doubt.. I am using intel 845 motherboard with inbuilt sound and graphics properties. but now i want to add separate graphics and sound cards.? so after installing the separate sound and graphics card, do my system have duplicate sound and graphics port(one from inbuilt and other from separate card)? Or is any there any way to remove the inbuilt sound and graphics ports? regards, bob Bob wrote: > I have following doubt.. > I am using intel 845 motherboard with inbuilt sound and graphics > properties. > but now i want to add separate graphics an...

graphics cards vs video cards
why are graphics cards way more expensive than video cards, even though they have slower core and memory speeds? I believe "Graphics cards and "video cards" are the same thing. "b" <bruin70@mail.com> wrote in message news:95513a07.0408031434.61c9a9bb@posting.google.com... > why are graphics cards way more expensive than video cards, even > though they have slower core and memory speeds? Huh? Graphics cards = Video Cards. Two different names for the same thing. -- DaveW "b" <bruin70@mail.com> wrote in message news:95513a07.0408031...

A2000 with GVP graphics card, GVP Excellerator card plus C= Ethernet card problem
I have a A2000 with the GVP 030 card maxed out with RAM (16mb). I also have the GVP 2 mb graphics card and the C= Ethernet card installed. When all are installed, I cannot get the system to recognize the graphics card. Is there some sort of DMA conflict or memory limitation that may be causing the problem? Any thoughts? Regards, SK Hi, > I have a A2000 with the GVP 030 card maxed out with RAM (16mb). I also > have the GVP 2 mb graphics card and the C= Ethernet card installed. When > all are installed, I cannot get the system to recognize the graphics card. >...

Flickerfixer card and graphics card.. A4000 Questions
I am going to put a cybervision 64 (with pass through) into my A4000, I assume that it goes in the video slot. Is it possible to put a scan doubler in another slot?? Or: If i transfer into a tower case and run a pci voodoo card. Then i can put the flickerfixer into the video slot anyway.?? Any info would be appreciated.. Smeggedd Hello smeggedd > I am going to put a cybervision 64 (with pass through) into my A4000, I > assume that it goes in the video slot. Is it possible to put a scan doubler > in another slot?? > > Or: > > If i transfer in...