Graphics card choices

I'm an occasional user of 3DSMax.  I'll use it to sell a carpentry job
now and then.  Not a whole kitchen or anything
that involved, just things like a garden bridge or a wine cabinet.
Still, I'd like to improve performance in a new
system I'm building.  There are a couple of 1st person shooter games I
enjoy playing like Unreal Tournament
and Quake, but I'd be willing to sacrifice performance in that area to
improve it with Max and Photoshop.  The
two cards I'm considering when push comes to shove are the NVidia
GForce 7950 GT (512 MB of ram) vs.
an NVidia Quadro FX560 (128 MB of ram.)  Which card would push the
pixels around faster and give better
performance overall in MAX?

comp.graphics.misc 1429 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

ZX81 / TS1000 GRAPHIC COMPO!
Bonjour, There is a graphic contest for the best graphic made with a ZX81 or a TS1000 at "http://zx81.repuplika.pl/". If you were a ZX81 or TS1000 user, check this web site and vote! If you still enjoy the ZX81 or TS1000, go and vote! The time limit is September the 30th. Goodby(t)e, ANDRE*** http://www.zx-team.de/andre http://zx81.ordi5.free.fr/andre ...

Help needed with video card.
The Motherboard is an Asus 440BX and my video card is a Hercules Terminator 64/video. Originally I was using 3 monitors and had 3 video cards and was advised that the main monitor should attach to the card in the 2nd PCI slot from the bottom. About 3 months ago that card quit working, so I removed it and switched one of the other cards to that same #2 slot. A few weeks later that card quit so I replaced it with the 3rd card and now it, too, has quit working. (I checked all 3 of them in another computer to be sure they were not working) My questions are:- 1 ) Is it likely that the #2 PCI ...

Graphics from Printscreen
Hello everyone! This may be a stupid question but.... does procuding a printscreen from a 22" monitor creates a better image than from a 15" monitor? tia Jose Bonifacio wrote: > Hello everyone! > > This may be a stupid question but.... > > does procuding a printscreen from a 22" monitor creates a better image > than from a 15" monitor? Short answer: no. Longer answer: simply swapping monitors does not change the image, but most people would tend to set a 22 inch monitor to a higher resolution than a 15 inch one. Statistically speaking, that would t...

Web / Graphic Designer Wahid bin Ahsan
Web / Graphic Designer Wahid bin Ahsan presents Computer Generated Artworks created with Adobe Photoshop and illustrator. http://www.illusionbd.netfirms.com ...

CFFA card
If you have upgraded your CFFA card and would like to sell your old one (with or without the flash card), please e-mail me your asking price to boucher1@alumni.utexas.net ...

ANN: Free Vector Graphics ActiveX
http://www.script-debugger.com/ Vector Graphics ActiveX is a graphics component oriented for creating business and technology solutions. Based on COM technology it can be used by other applications to process graphic documents, analyze and visualize any kind of processes. Vector Graphics ActiveX is the ultimate graphics solution for you. It is the easy-to-use for creating technical drawings, illustrations and presentation, training material and business reports, charts and diagrams and much more. Vector Graphics ActiveX offers a wide range of new features and enhancements designed to increase...

PB 1400, WLan, no recognition of pc card
(X-Post to comp.sys.mac.comm & comp.sys.mac.portables) Hi group, I already posted my question in comp.sys.mac.portables, but no one could help me yet. Perhaps someone over here. I just bought an Orinoco/Lucent/WaveLAN Wireless LAN card for my Powerbook 1400 (PC Card, 16 Bit, not cardbus). I think I've got the perfect drivers for my OS 8.1 (from WaveLAN, Ver. 6.0.0.4). But nothing happens when I put the PC Card in the slot - neither in the upper nor in the lower pcmcia slot. Neither when I insert it when the pb is on, nor when it's off. No lights flash. At no time. No Icon on the ...

Indy Graphics Options?
Hey all... I'm sitting here with my Indy, and I was wondering... What exactly is in there that makes this little guy chug? I have an XL24 graphics card in there now, and it does 1280x1024x24bit very well. From what I hear, that particular video mode is about 3.75 (4 ish) megabytes in frame buffer, and that most 2d frame buffers are about double because you don't want to draw onto the current frame. (which is a good thing, I can imagine. ;) ) I also have an XL8 sitting in a box in my closet, from before I upgraded the Indy... And from what all I've heard... The XL8 and X...

tough choices
Hello: We are designing two multi-user client server applications that performs large number of transactions on database servers. On an average Application A has a 50% mix of select and update/insert/delete statements and application B has 80-20 mix of select and update/insert/delete statements. Being able to scale the databases as needed so the performance is unaffected, is one of our critical requirements. We've been investigating Oracle 10g RAC and DB2 ESE as alternatives and in both cases unfortunately, we get a lot more marketing spin than real answers. I've looked through ...

FS: Zire 71 w/ 64mb card $275
Used only a couple weeks. I am not using it quite like I thought I would. New condition. Paypal preferred. Check my ebay feedback rating flintstone@webtv.net. Mike :) ...

FS: Sbus Quad Ethernet Card X1058A #3
Greets All, As the subject line says I have forsale a Sbus Quad Ethernet Card X1058A. Make Offer... Buyer pays for shipping, US buyers only please. Samuel Emerson greenblazer@netzero.net ...

Trouble in exporting graphics
Scilab dies when I try to export from a graphics window (scilab 3.0---linux) I get: Floating Exception /usr/bin/scilab: line 205: 15409 Aborted $SCI/bin/scilex $* When I define the variable PRINTERS, the print command kills scilab the same way. Is this a known issue? Thanks, JPD ...

[News] Linux the Platform of Choice for Honeypots?
Honeypots are as sticky as ever ,----[ Quote ] | The list of what they cover is far too long to report here, but let's say | they get to 95 percent of what any honeypot enthusiast would want to read | about. My favourite subjects in the book are user-mode Linux, Honeyd, | Honeywall, honeyclients, collecting malware with honeypots, tracking botnets, | and analysing malware. | | The only downsides I could even come up with is that the book deals with a | lot of Unix/Linux-only products, just like the honeypot software world, which | might be a put-off for Windows-only readers. An...

Q about integrated graphics circuits and dedicated graphics cards
After surfing several hours on web, trying to find out answer, I'm still a bit uncertain about following issue: Are there three types of graphics circuits: 1) Integrated on MB, has an own GPU but no own memory, uses RAM. 2) Integrated on MB, has an own GPU and also own memory, uses this memory and also "borrows" from RAM. 3) Dedicated graphics card with own GPU and memory, uses this memory and also "borrows" from RAM. Earlier, when laptops had only small amount of RAM (like 512 MB), the benefit of dedicated graphics card (later: DGC) with own memory...

Choice of frequency and protocol on RF links?
I am designing an RF link that is supposed to operate between an embedded unit and a central control/collection unit (i.e. a PC with the link hardware attached). The purpose of the link is to pass some data (in form of strings), and then some control/session parameters. Here are the main features: - Relatively low data speeds required - Range of up to 20-30 meters (LOS, but occasional obstructions are likely) - Needs to handle multiple devices (i.e. units) in same environment (i.e. hitting the same controller) The RF link component/module will interface with some MC in the embedded module...

How can I generate a graphical file hierarchy
What I really want to do is to show the complexity of existing software, with a view to restructuring it. There are programs out there which will generate a function call tree (I am extremely happy with DoxyGen), but what I want is to generate the relationship between files, not functions. So, if a.cpp calls any function in b.cpp, that is a relationship. I'll accept this for C, but as a bonus for C++, I'd like to see class usage too. Ideally, the result should look like a nice structured tree, but I suspect that some of mine might look like a spider web. Don't know if ascii ar...

graphic text style setting
Hi, before v6 I set the text style for all the graphics and plots in a notebook with one command at the beginning of the notebook, e.g. $TextStyle[{FontFamily -> "Arial", FontSize -> 16}]; In v6, that does not work anymore. How can I do such a thing in v6? thanks, joerg Hi, BaseStyle ma help: Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, 2 Pi}, Frame -> True, FrameLabel -> {x, Sin[x]}, PlotLabel -> "A Label", BaseStyle -> {Large, FontFamily -> "Times", Italic}] Regards Jens Joerg Schaber wrote: > Hi, > > before v6...

OS 10 on a 7600/120 w/Sonnet PCI G4 card
Has anyone with a 7600/120 with a Sonnet PCI G4 card ever tried running OS 10 on it (using Sonnet's installer). And what is it's performance if you did (and what version of 0S 10). -GTW In article <20031004143950.25695.00000408@mb-m05.aol.com>, gwashin891@aol.com (GWashin891) wrote: > Has anyone with a 7600/120 with a Sonnet PCI G4 card ever tried running OS 10 > on it (using Sonnet's installer). And what is it's performance if you did > (and > what version of 0S 10). > > -GTW I can't speak to the G4 or Sonnet installer, but MacOS X 10.2.8 r...

YOUR Gold Visa Card Is Approved jdmuil

Can a 1999 Ibook + Airport card (256meg 300mhz) be used for WIFI?
Hi, after a friend just bought an $800 PC with WIFI capability and introduced me to fishing around for hotspots, it got me curious. Can I get my Ibook to do this? Can I use my Ibook to access a T-Mobile (or a random private) hotspot? Am I only an Airport card away from being able to do this? I would love to have wireless broadband on my Ibook, please tell me it is possible. I don't need to do anything else fancy, just wireless broadband internet. I am very out of the loop with new wireless technology (I don't even own a cell phone) Thanks. -STcomp In article <1137865383.005798.11...

Can't Switch Video Cards... Pissed Off!
- Long story short... I have a shitty computer (P2 450) with a shitty video card (ATI rage 2mb). My old PC had a 16mb Voodoo 3 (which I would be thrilled to use). I also have a TNT 32mb card. Neither of them will work with this computer though. I uninstall the ATI card, shut down, replace cards, then all I get is beeping. My monitor doesnt even come on. Any help would be appreciated because I havn't been able to play games on my pc for a year and a half and its pissing me off. p.s. I dont think its a "fit" problem. On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 04:32:33 -0700, Lenny Lennerson ...

Update to AppleOldies Website
I have updated the AppleOldies website and added a page dedicated to my graphics converters at the following link. http://www.appleoldies.ca/graphics/index.htm They are not all listed yet, but there's several listed for preparing images for every stock Apple II Graphics Mode including LoRes and Double Lo-Res and of late Super Hi-Res:. For years now, I have wanted to put-up a single page for each type of utilty that I have written for the old computers I write for... I am relatively certain some of these will help someone avoid considerable pain if they can find them wi...

Export vector graphic
Hi, I have the following problem: I want to mark different areas in a plot. therefore I use the fill function. I also want to make those filled areas transparent. This is working fine. But if I set the FaceAlpha to a value smaller than 1 , the pictures is just a bitmap. Even when I export it to eps or pdf the pictures looks really bad after zooming a little bit. example: figure('PaperUnits','centimeters','PaperPositionMode','manual','Paperposition',[0 0 20 12.3609]) plot(1:0.1:10,sin(1:0.1:10)) print -depsc2 bilder/sinus.eps figure('PaperUnits...

Re: Cards #2
Ceci marche bien mais il faut lire la log when reading the log message you encounter with data ref_produit; INPUT CODE $2. LIBELLE $100.; CARDS; NOTE: SAS went to a new line when INPUT statement reached past the end of a line. NOTE: The data set WORK.REF_PRODUIT has 6 observations and 2 variables. Sas is going over a shorter record than 100 positions so you have only 6 obseervations and not 12! reading with data ref_produit; infile cards missover ;*lrecl=103 pad; INPUT CODE $2. LIBELLE $100.; CARDS; is not solving it as the second variable is empty even if you got 12 observ...

Graphical Designer
Hi, i wrote an application which helps to draw a room plan. later the plan is used to manage reservations. at the moment, i use inherit classes which can be moved arround. e.g. there are two classes "row" and "table". each class is able to hold serveral "places" which can be arranged with a layoutmanager. now, i have the following problem: each class exports its own configuration jpanel which is displayed when the object is activated. in future i want to have multiple activated object which properties can be changed in one action. i need a machanism...