Connecting my Desktop to laptop

I currently have a wireless router at home which I use/connect to my
desktop as well as wirelessly to my laptop. Is there a way to connect
the desktop and laptop so that I can transfer files between them
wirelessly?

Thanks...

0
need4greed
6/25/2005 6:05:02 AM
comp.hardware.networking 1122 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 24 Jun 2005 23:05:02 -0700, "need4greed" <Raymond13@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I currently have a wireless router at home which I use/connect to my
>desktop as well as wirelessly to my laptop. Is there a way to connect
>the desktop and laptop so that I can transfer files between them
>wirelessly?

They are both on the LAN, they should be talking to each other
already.

0
bobb
6/25/2005 6:28:35 AM
This may be a silly question, but how can I tell if they are talking to
each other? More important, how come I don't see the desktop drives on
my laptop? I even made sure the c: on the desktop is 'shared'. Anything
else I have to setup on the router, PC, or laptop?

bobb wrote:
> On 24 Jun 2005 23:05:02 -0700, "need4greed" <Raymond13@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I currently have a wireless router at home which I use/connect to my
> >desktop as well as wirelessly to my laptop. Is there a way to connect
> >the desktop and laptop so that I can transfer files between them
> >wirelessly?
>

> They are both on the LAN, they should be talking to each other
> already.

0
need4greed
6/25/2005 1:37:32 PM
On 25 Jun 2005 06:37:32 -0700, "need4greed" <Raymond13@gmail.com> wrote:

>This may be a silly question, but how can I tell if they are talking to
>each other? More important, how come I don't see the desktop drives on
>my laptop? I even made sure the c: on the desktop is 'shared'. Anything
>else I have to setup on the router, PC, or laptop?

Both have to be in the same Workgroup, and both should have accounts with
matching usernames & passwords.

Remember that in Windows, with respect to setting up shares, "Everyone" means
"Everyone with a valid account on this machine", so you need to authenticate
at the system providing the share...
0
daytripper