IBM thinkpad wireless lan question

Hi, I have an IBM thinkpad R40 Celeron (model# 2681 CTO) that I want to add
to my home wireless network. It's wireless upgradable ready (the antenna
wires are already installed and there is a mini pci slot) I've been looking
at the IBM 31P9107 as it supports 802.11a/b/g. In trying to determine
weather this card is compatable with my system I found the following
information on the IBM USA site:

On this page,
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-52623
the information shows a compatability with the ThinkPad R40 Celeron and P4
2681.

but on this page,
http://www-132.ibm.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=-840&langId=-1&partNumber=31P9701&storeId=1
the list of compatable laptops does not include the ThinkPad R40 Celeron and
P4 2681.

Anyone know which is true?
Thanks,
Tracy

0
Tracy
4/15/2005 10:08:02 PM
comp.hardware.networking 1122 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow