Can a laser printer cartridge with an expired datecode be safely used?

I bought a laser printer cartridge from the web the other
day, and found out that it had a date of manufacture of four
years ago. Can this cartridge damage my printer?

0
Peter
2/7/2009 3:40:04 PM
comp.hardware 3772 articles. 0 followers. zainskhan (15) is leader. Post Follow

"Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote in message
>I bought a laser printer cartridge from the web the other day, and found
>out that it had a date of manufacture of four years ago. Can this cartridge
>damage my printer?

No.  And if the cartridge was in a sealed bag, it should be
good for another 2 - 3 years.  I've had two HP Laserjet 4
cartridges in a row, last for 7 years before needing
replacement.  The toner was still good, but the drum
scraper blades hardened, causing streaks.

0
Ian