Problem pc 100% cpu usage

Problem on my desk-top hp Pavilion ze 4300 - windows xp home:
  The processor works 100% , even if no program is running.
  The pc is warming and quickly becomes very slow and get blocked.
Fixing trials:  Norton 2004 did not work. MacAfee did not detect any virus.
        we installed windoxs xp pro (instead of xp home) and nothing changed.
Can you help me ?
0
flodumas2
1/25/2004 8:26:27 PM
comp.hardware 3774 articles. 4 followers. zainskhan (15) is leader. Post Follow

flodumas2@wanadoo.fr (billy) wrote in message news:<b4d6bba6.0401251226.1612441d@posting.google.com>...
> Problem on my desk-top hp Pavilion ze 4300 - windows xp home:
>   The processor works 100% , even if no program is running.
>   The pc is warming and quickly becomes very slow and get blocked.
> Fixing trials:  Norton 2004 did not work. MacAfee did not detect any virus.
>         we installed windoxs xp pro (instead of xp home) and nothing changed.
> Can you help me ?

Are you sure no program is running?  Have you tried running the
"Windows Task Manager"?

In Windows 2000 you just press ALT-CTL-DEL a dialog box comes up and
select Task Manager.  Now it should have three tabs called:
Applications, Processes. Performance.  Select the "Processes" tab.
This should give you a list of files that end in ".exe" Look at the
"CPU" to track down which program is useing 100% of the CPU time if it
is not "System Idle Process" then this is the program that is slowing
down the computer.

You might wish to find the exe file first and find out what program it
is before you terminate the process by clicking the exe file and
selecting "End Process"

Hope this helps
0
none1101
1/26/2004 4:37:41 AM
"billy" <flodumas2@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message
> Problem on my desk-top hp Pavilion ze 4300 - windows xp home:
>   The processor works 100% , even if no program is running.
>   The pc is warming and quickly becomes very slow and get blocked.
> Fixing trials:  Norton 2004 did not work. MacAfee did not detect any
virus.
>         we installed windoxs xp pro (instead of xp home) and nothing
changed.
> Can you help me ?

check for spyware with ad-aware (www.lavasoft.de)

0
Schildkr
1/26/2004 9:41:41 AM
flodumas2@wanadoo.fr (billy) wrote in message news:<b4d6bba6.0401251226.1612441d@posting.google.com>...
> Problem on my desk-top hp Pavilion ze 4300 - windows xp home:
>   The processor works 100% , even if no program is running.
>   The pc is warming and quickly becomes very slow and get blocked.
> Fixing trials:  Norton 2004 did not work. MacAfee did not detect any virus.
>         we installed windoxs xp pro (instead of xp home) and nothing changed.
> Can you help me ?

Bring up the task manager and list top processes by memory.

Look see if you've got helpsvc, stop it if you have, and bingo all is
OK.

There are loads of messages about this, but no cure that worked for me
so I disabled helpsvc in control panal-> admin -> Services

zzapper (vim & cygwin & zsh)
--

vim -c ":%s/^/WhfgTNabgureRIvzSUnpxre/|:%s/[R-T]/ /Ig|:normal ggVGg?"

http://www.vim.org/tips/tip.php?tip_id=305  Best of Vim Tips
0
david

ORA-00997 8i trigger long raw problem
Hi, Have a table that i need to populate with 1 record of an identical type from another table in an after insert using a trigger. Usually no problem at all except am forced into using and keeping a field which is a LONG RAW type that now generates an ORA-00997 error. It is all text stored in a LONG RAW format. The table the record needs to be inserted INTO looks like ... RFQ_ID VARCHAR2 15 RFQ_LINE NUMBER 0 TYPE CHAR 1 BITS LONG RAW BITS_LENGTH NUMBER 0 The data the table comes FROM looks like this. PART VARCHAR2 30 PART_LINE NUMBER 0 TYPE CHAR 1 BITS LONG RAW BITS_LENG...

HLA asm problem?
When compiling my HLA code I get (100s of these): .... dted3.asm:182: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `push' dted3.asm:199: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `push' dted3.asm:201: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `push' dted3.asm:221: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `pop' .... When I try it on another Linux box it compiles no problem. Problem box: SuSE 10.0 (kernel 2.6.13-15.8), HLA 1.86, GNU assembler 2.16.91.0.2 20050720 (SuSE Linux) No problem box: SuSE 9.2 (kernel 2.6.8-24), HLA 1.86, GNU assembler 2.15.91.0.2 20040727 (SuSE Linux) ---John jchludz...

When Maximum PC builds systems, they only install Windows
May 2012 issue $500 'What Recovery?!' system: Win7 Home Premium 64-bit $1300 'Sweet Spot' system: Win7 Home Premium 64-bit $2100 'Tax Refund' system: Win7 Professional 64-bit What - you expect them to ruin their professional reputations by installing/recommending Linux on a new system? Get real. MS is doomed. On Tue, 03 Apr 2012 10:10:17 -0400, DFS wrote: > May 2012 issue > > $500 'What Recovery?!' system: Win7 Home Premium 64-bit > > $1300 'Sweet Spot' system: Win7 Home Premium 64-bit > > $2100 'Tax Refund' sys...

20050317 kernels with CPU support changes
I'd like some feedback (via news, mostly, please). I put out new kernels today that *ought* to work on all CPUs (well, not on 386es and not on the 486sx except for the W4 kernel). In particular, the APMA64 hack should no longer be necessary for P4 and Athlon64 systems. Let me know.... Thanks in advance to everybody. -Scott Interesting positive effect, Scott .. Scott G. wrote: > I'd like some feedback (via news, mostly, please). I put out new > kernels today that *ought* to work on all CPUs (well, not on 386es and > not on the 486sx except for the W4 ...

a problem
hi, any one of the group ,please solve my problem "is there is any method to find given number is even or odd without using if ,else ,for,while,switch,conditional operators,if else ladders...." On 10 Feb 2007 06:15:46 -0800, bharath539@gmail.com wrote: > any one of the group ,please solve my problem > "is there is any method to find given number is even > or odd without using if ,else ,for,while,switch,conditional > operators,if else ladders...." Yes, there is. Problem solved! /gordon -- [ don't email me supp...

Registry Problem in Vista
Since I got Vista, Eudora has been unable to register itself in the registry. Every time I start Eudora, I get a pop up that claims Eudora could not register itself and I have to dismiss the pop up before Eudora will process the mail. This also prevents Eudora from being registered as the default mail client. Has anyone solved that annoyance? (This may be a non-issue for me, since I am considering wiping this notebook, and installing XP. The answer may help me make up my mind.) Rick Rick wrote: > Since I got Vista, Eudora has been unable to register itself in the >...

123 VER9 DATE PROBLEM
I am attempting to assign a script to a button that will, when first placed in the proper cell. Enter @now- then do a range value- then place in edit mode- then move the cursor to the start and erase the 2 characters that are the day and await the input of the day I want to use- then it closes with the enter button. I have figured all this out except that the {EDIT} command when used returns the date number. I have found that it does not represent the F2 keystroke. What am I missing here. The cell is formatted date-13-Dec-2006. Thanks Dave David Cartier wrote... >I am at...

Menu Problems
figure string = {'Item 1','Item 2','Item 3'}; %Menu menu_hdl = uimenu('Label','Options'); for i = 1:3 uimenu(menu_hdl,'Label',char(string(i)),'Callback','disp(char(string(i )))'); end problem- when uimenu is executed in the for loop variable i is assigned as intended to the label in the menu but when the Callback is executed from the menu it grabs the latest value of i and not the one that should have been assigned when the menu was created. Is there any way to get the desired value of i passed to disp(char(stri...

Memory for SunBlade 100
I'm a bit new to this particular machine, and I have a couple quick questions: 1. Can you only use unbuffered ECC memory in this? It is my understanding that most machines that use ECC can also use non-ECC as long as every chip you use is ECC. That does not appear to be the case with my Blade, because I tried some non-ECC chips that the it did not recognize, but I wondered if there could be another piece to that equation. 2. Assuming I must use unbuffered ECC, does anyone know of a source to get it for a reasonable price? I'd like to put 512MB or 1GB in it without paying th...

-1 / +1 problem..
Hello all, I am sorry to ask you again for another problem, as I am a new MATLab user. I have a matrix, rAlphaSet with combinations of +1 and -1. I want to make 2 Matrices rAlpha1 and rAlpha2. I took 2 random numbers r1 and r2. Then I wanted to copy the r1th and r2th column of rAlphaSet to rAplha1 and rAlpha2. But the problem is, when I was running the code, rAlpha1 and rAlpha2 were not having the columns from rAlphaSet. Here is the code: rAlphaSet = (npermutek([-1 1], 2^m))'; rAlpha1 = zeros(2^m,N); rAlpha2 = zeros(2^m,N); for i = 1:N r = randi(256,1); rAlpha1(:,i) = rAlphaSet...

StrongARM RISC PC For Auction
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Acorn-RISC-PC-APDL-Turbo-StrongARM-287Mhz_W0QQitemZ8237089564QQcategoryZ16165QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem On 30 Nov 2005 paul@pstewart.freeserve.co.uk wrote: [Risc PC on ebay] Wrong group, try comp.sys.acorn.misc ---druck -- The ARM Club Free Software - http://www.armclub.org.uk/free/ The 32bit Conversions Page - http://www.quantumsoft.co.uk/druck/ ...

Problem with PID.vi
I'm using LABVIEW 4.1 with PID Toolkit I use PID VI. I try to use it in an furnace control but doesn't work. For example, with a set point of 50% output stay still to a level of 25% with the PV following this value. What could be the origin of this problem? Does anyone succeed in working perfectly with PID VI from NI? Advices are welcome Hello hora, My first bit of advice would be to see if you have tuned your PID correctly. It would seem to me that you have proportional gain (K) but no integral (I) to eliminate your SP-PV error. Also watch the "reinitial (F)" input. ...

I also need help with Duplex on my IP4000 (Different Problem)
It seems that if I print the same document with exact same settings the print quality of black is paler when using Duplex. It seems that it is not using the same black ink as the Non Duplex printing. Anyone know if this is the case, or should I try a reinstall of the software? Thanks Mike FIRST YOU SHOULD USE ONLY CANON OEM PIGMENTED INK AND SELECT PLAIN PAPER. THEN YOU SHOULD USE A HIGH QUALITY PAPER LIKE HAMMERMILL PREMIUM INKJET PAPER THAT YOU CAN GET AT STAPLES OR OFFICE DEPOT. YOU SHOULD NOT EXPERIENCE THAT. BUT IF YOU DO NOT USE CANON OEM INK THEN YOU ...

Problem with comma delimted file
My access table when exported to a comma delimited field gets all messed up because some of the fields have the double quote character - ". Used for measurements and other things. I guess I will have to strip them out. How can I replace the " for a blank space? I am having trouble doing it with the replace command in a sql statement. sqlstatement = "update table set table.[item] = replace(table.[item]," & """""""" & "," + """""" + ")" this gives an error. what to do? On...

Problems with wxProcess::OnTerminate()
I'm having problems with the following code. The program (sleep.exe) is executed as expected, but Process::OnTerminate() is never called. (The text "Terminated" is not printed and it never breaks on the function in the debugger). I'm using Visual C++ 7.1 and the program is linked to wxBase with wxUSE_GUI set to 0. All help is apreciated. Here's the code: ------------------------------------ main.cpp --------------------------- #include <wx/process.h> #include <wx/app.h> /********************************************************************...

Problems with compilation for Windows
Trying to prepare FreeWrap for Windows, I've got a problems while compiling Tk 8.5.1 (using free "Express" release of Visual C++, taken from MS-site). The compilation has been interrupted with errors: ============================================================================= link -nologo -machine:IX86 -ltcg -release -opt:ref -opt:icf,3 -subsystem :windows -stack:2300000 -out:".\Release_VC9\wish85s.exe" kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib "c:\freewrap\tcl8.5.1\win\Release_VC9\tcl85s.lib" .\Release_VC9\tk_St atic\winMain.obj .\Release_VC9\tk_Static\wi...

Monitor problem
Hi, This shows how long it's been since I've had to do this... I've had to get some material off the RiscStation in front of me at work. It's connected to an IIyama VisionMaster 1451 (nice big monitor), but I'm not getting any display. I've tried pressing 0 on boot (as well as 1 - 4) and T (and R - can't remember what the reset is), but nothing seems to happen. Is there any way I can get a machine to boot so it thinks the monitor is an AKF51 (or whatever the "default" was)? TTFN Paul -- "Logic, my dear Zoe, is merely the ability to be wrong wi...

problem with auctex
All, I just installed auctex in Windows. And because I uses a portable MikTex (installed in a USB disk), the PATH doesn't include the directory that contains the LaTeX executable commands. Is there a way in Emacs or auctex that can tell auctex where to find the latex commands? For example, can I setup the PATH variables directly in Emacs? Thanks you! caixj "halo" <xuejun.cai@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1160815903.006626.26780@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... > All, > > I just installed auctex in Windows. And because I uses a portable > MikTex (installed...

installation problem uconv-0.4.12. plz help
Hi guys, I need to install Unicode Conversion Module for Ruby version 0.4.12 by Yoshida Masato.I have followed the commands of the link inmy windows system http://www.yoshidam.net/uconv_en.txt but when I use the command "ruby extconf.rb" it create "MakeFile" but when I use "make" command it fails...'make' is not recognized as a command so I can not install Uconv. I use ruby 1.8.5 (2006-12-25 patchlevel 12) [i386-mswin32] How can i solve the problem? Any other way to convert Unicode string to Japanese string. -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com...

Memory usage #2
hello all i want to know in my program the amount of memory allocated by malloc() calls so i "overloaded" the malloc functions to increment a counter of memory used (no call to free is done). this counter is incremented each time a malloc is done by the number of requested machine words. The problem is that when i do a "ps aux" the amount of memory allocated for my program is quite different from the amount i computed manually. So my question is : what does really do a malloc call? for example if i do this ptr = malloc(sizeof(char) * 65); am i sure that (assuming a machi...

love problem solution baba ji +917891655189 mumbai #2
love problem solution baba ji +917891655189love problem solution baba ji +917891655189love problem solution baba ji +917891655189love problem solution baba ji +917891655189love problem solution baba ji +917891655189love problem solution baba ji +917891655189love problem solution baba ji +917891655189love problem solution baba ji +917891655189love problem solution baba ji +917891655189love problem solution baba ji +917891655189love problem solution baba ji +917891655189love problem solution baba ji +917891655189love problem solution baba ji +917891655189love problem solution baba ji +9178916551...

problems installing...
Cheers all, i realize 6.3 is old, but its the disks we have here. My problem is this. Im trying to install this on old sun O2 machines that already have an existing irix install on them. I basically want to whipe the system clean and start fresh. So i boot up, hit esc, install system software, blablabla select cd rom, reboots, boots up IRIX release 6.3 ..... Current system date is.... Mounting file systems: /dev/dsk/dks0d1s0: Invalid agrument Unable to mount partition: /dev/dskdks0d1s0 on /root. This is your system disk: without it we have nothing on which to install so...

ASA to IOS VPN problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------080700010601090400070905 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-15; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi all, I am facing a problem trying to establish a tunnel with one of our supplier. Their side is terminated on a IOS router currently unknown type and version (should be 12.2 - 12.4), my side is an ASA 7.2(2), configurations are attached (at least the snippet of the IOS config I was able to get). Apparently Phase 1 completes correctly but P2 fails with "Received non-routine Notify message: No proposal cho...

x-> 0 limit problem in MATLAB?
Hi, I recently tried to evaluate the function: f=(x.*exp(x)-exp(x)+1)./x.^2 for values very close to zero. Typically, whenever the argument is zero, I replace it with eps to avoid the singularity in the denominator. It can be shown that the limit of f for x->0 is 0.5. Indeed, for small values of x, f correctly approaches 0.5. E.g: x=1e-6;f=(x.*exp(x)-exp(x)+1)./x.^2 f = 0.5000 However, something strange happens when I make x even smaller: x=1e-7;f=(x.*exp(x)-exp(x)+1)./x.^2 f = 0.5107 And ultimately: x=eps;f=(x.*exp(x)-exp(x)+1)./x.^2 f = ...

CPYFRMSTMF problems
We have a file in the IFS with variable length records separated by CRLFs and fields separated by Tabs. We need to transfer this file to a Mainframe. Obviously there are a number of ways to do this, but we are REQUIRED to use a product called XCom (so please don't suggest FTP, MQ, HTTP, ConnectDirect etc. etc.), which can only transfer PFs and SAVFs. My first thought was to use CPYFRMSTF ENDLINFMT *CRLF TABEXPN *NO, but it appears that I cannot do this into a variable length PF - the receiving PF must not be externally described, and CRTPF requires a fixed length file. If I use a fixed le...