usb 1.1 to 2.0 card?

I have a 3-4 year old Intel El Paso motherboard w/82845 chipset. It has 2
front mounted USB 1.1 ports. I traced the cable to the connector on the
motherboard and it's easily accessible.

My question: Is there a USB 2.0 PCI card out there that has an internal
connector compatible with the motherboard connector? The idea being that I
could just unplug the cable from the motherboard and plug it into my shiny
new 2.0 card and have front accessible USB 2.0 ports.

?

TIA

</joel>

0
Joel
6/1/2005 2:11:37 AM
comp.hardware 3772 articles. 1 followers. zainskhan (15) is leader. Post Follow

On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 02:11:37 GMT, "Joel"
<joelycat@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I have a 3-4 year old Intel El Paso motherboard w/82845 chipset. It has 2
>front mounted USB 1.1 ports. I traced the cable to the connector on the
>motherboard and it's easily accessible.
>
>My question: Is there a USB 2.0 PCI card out there that has an internal
>connector compatible with the motherboard connector? The idea being that I
>could just unplug the cable from the motherboard and plug it into my shiny
>new 2.0 card and have front accessible USB 2.0 ports.

It might help if you looked up the pinout for that front
port- check the manual, or if all else fails and you have a
multimeter, check continuity from the port to the cable
socket contacts.

http://www.starmount.co.uk/usb_skta.gif
0
kony
6/1/2005 3:48:31 AM
Joel wrote:
> I have a 3-4 year old Intel El Paso motherboard w/82845 chipset. It
> has 2 front mounted USB 1.1 ports. I traced the cable to the
> connector on the motherboard and it's easily accessible.
>
> My question: Is there a USB 2.0 PCI card out there that has an
> internal connector compatible with the motherboard connector? The
> idea being that I could just unplug the cable from the motherboard
> and plug it into my shiny new 2.0 card and have front accessible USB
> 2.0 ports.
> ?
>
> TIA
>
> </joel>

Old El Paso motherboard, eh? Is that the Tortilla or Fajita chipset? ;o)

Sorry, couldn't resist. It's not a model I've ever come across, TBH.

--
In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol:  http://www.dts-l.org/

0
Miss
6/1/2005 10:17:00 AM
LOL!

Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:
> Joel wrote:
>
>>I have a 3-4 year old Intel El Paso motherboard w/82845 chipset. It
>>has 2 front mounted USB 1.1 ports. I traced the cable to the
>>connector on the motherboard and it's easily accessible.
>>
>>My question: Is there a USB 2.0 PCI card out there that has an
>>internal connector compatible with the motherboard connector? The
>>idea being that I could just unplug the cable from the motherboard
>>and plug it into my shiny new 2.0 card and have front accessible USB
>>2.0 ports.
>>?
>>
>>TIA
>>
>></joel>
>

> Old El Paso motherboard, eh? Is that the Tortilla or Fajita chipset? ;o)
>
> Sorry, couldn't resist. It's not a model I've ever come across, TBH.

0
Cool_X