Active home pro stopped working

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi,
   Well, the x10 tech support phone automated system doesn't work. The
customer support phone automated system doesn't work. I couldn't even get a
sales person. Wow.
   This group has been great. Wonder why I even bothered with the company.
Please help.
    It appears that my Active Home Pro has stopped working.
    The only thing I can think of is I had to turn on and off many circuit
breakers looking of a light fixture I was repairing.
    I opened the program and I get a warning saying that the interface isn't
connected and I see a tiny icon in the lower left task bar saying hardware
not connected.
    I plugged it in and checked the usb plug as suggested and no change.
    I removed the batteries and put them back in and no change.
   I see the icons for my devices and I hear them click on and off when I do
it with the mouse, but lights do not respond.
    Any suggestions?
                          Tim fm CT

0
Reply Tim 3/5/2007 5:32:19 PM

See related articles to this posting

IIRC, in one of the drop down menus you can specify which house code to
monitor. Be sure the one you want is checked.

 Tim Dolan wrote:
> Hi,
>   Well, the x10 tech support phone automated system doesn't work. The
> customer support phone automated system doesn't work. I couldn't even
> get a sales person. Wow.
>   This group has been great. Wonder why I even bothered with the
> company. Please help.
>    It appears that my Active Home Pro has stopped working.
>    The only thing I can think of is I had to turn on and off many
> circuit breakers looking of a light fixture I was repairing.
>    I opened the program and I get a warning saying that the interface
> isn't connected and I see a tiny icon in the lower left task bar
> saying hardware not connected.
>    I plugged it in and checked the usb plug as suggested and no
>    change. I removed the batteries and put them back in and no change.
>   I see the icons for my devices and I hear them click on and off
> when I do it with the mouse, but lights do not respond.
>    Any suggestions?
>                          Tim fm CT

0
Reply BruceR 3/5/2007 8:16:02 PM

"BruceR" <razrbruce@NOgmailSPAM.com> wrote in message
> IIRC, in one of the drop down menus you can specify which house code to
> monitor. Be sure the one you want is checked.
>
> Tim Dolan wrote:
>> Hi,
>>   Well, the x10 tech support phone automated system doesn't work. The
>> customer support phone automated system doesn't work. I couldn't even
>> get a sales person. Wow.
>>   This group has been great. Wonder why I even bothered with the
>> company. Please help.
>>    It appears that my Active Home Pro has stopped working.
>>    The only thing I can think of is I had to turn on and off many
>> circuit breakers looking of a light fixture I was repairing.
>>    I opened the program and I get a warning saying that the interface
>> isn't connected and I see a tiny icon in the lower left task bar
>> saying hardware not connected.
>>    I plugged it in and checked the usb plug as suggested and no
>>    change. I removed the batteries and put them back in and no change.
>>   I see the icons for my devices and I hear them click on and off
>> when I do it with the mouse, but lights do not respond.
>>    Any suggestions?
>>                          Tim fm CT

When the program opens I get the indication that it's registered and then I
get the screen that says the interface is not connected. That as far as I
can get.
               Tim fm CT

0
Reply Tim 3/7/2007 5:47:31 PM

"Tim Dolan" <tims-pool-leagues@snet.net> wrote in message

> "BruceR" <razrbruce@NOgmailSPAM.com> wrote in message
>> IIRC, in one of the drop down menus you can specify which house code to
>> monitor. Be sure the one you want is checked.
>>
>> Tim Dolan wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>   Well, the x10 tech support phone automated system doesn't work. The
>>> customer support phone automated system doesn't work. I couldn't even
>>> get a sales person. Wow.
>>>   This group has been great. Wonder why I even bothered with the
>>> company. Please help.
>>>    It appears that my Active Home Pro has stopped working.
>>>    The only thing I can think of is I had to turn on and off many
>>> circuit breakers looking of a light fixture I was repairing.
>>>    I opened the program and I get a warning saying that the interface
>>> isn't connected and I see a tiny icon in the lower left task bar
>>> saying hardware not connected.
>>>    I plugged it in and checked the usb plug as suggested and no
>>>    change. I removed the batteries and put them back in and no change.
>>>   I see the icons for my devices and I hear them click on and off
>>> when I do it with the mouse, but lights do not respond.
>>>    Any suggestions?
>>>                          Tim fm CT
>>
> When the program opens I get the indication that it's registered and then
> I get the screen that says the interface is not connected. That as far as
> I can get.
>               Tim fm CT
In addition to removing the batteries did you disconnect it from the
AC power while the batteries were removed?  They are known to get
into a lock-up condition and that is the only way to fix it.

0
Reply John 3/7/2007 6:13:01 PM

"John" <noaddress@noaddress.invalid> wrote:

>"Tim Dolan" <tims-pool-leagues@snet.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "BruceR" <razrbruce@NOgmailSPAM.com> wrote in message
>>> IIRC, in one of the drop down menus you can specify which house code to
>>> monitor. Be sure the one you want is checked.

>> When the program opens I get the indication that it's registered and then
>> I get the screen that says the interface is not connected. That as far as
>> I can get.
>>               Tim fm CT
>In addition to removing the batteries did you disconnect it from the
>AC power while the batteries were removed?  They are known to get
>into a lock-up condition and that is the only way to fix it.

I think both you and Bruce are thinking of ActiveHome and the CM11A. The OP
is asking about ActiveHomePRO and the CM15A. While I haven't followed it
closely I do not recall any lockup complaints about the CM15A.

For the OP, you probably will have much better luck if you ask your
questions in the X-10 forums on the X-10 web site. There are many CM15A/AHP
users there. I suspect you have an issue with the USB connection under XP.

     http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php#2

http://davehouston.net
roZetta-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
0
Reply nobody 3/7/2007 6:27:47 PM

"John" <noaddress@noaddress.invalid> wrote in message

> "Tim Dolan" <tims-pool-leagues@snet.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "BruceR" <razrbruce@NOgmailSPAM.com> wrote in message
>>> IIRC, in one of the drop down menus you can specify which house code to
>>> monitor. Be sure the one you want is checked.

>> When the program opens I get the indication that it's registered and then
>> I get the screen that says the interface is not connected. That as far as
>> I can get.
>>               Tim fm CT
> In addition to removing the batteries did you disconnect it from the
> AC power while the batteries were removed?  They are known to get
> into a lock-up condition and that is the only way to fix it.

Hi John,
              I think I did but I'll check and do it again. Thanks
                          Tim fm CT

0
Reply Tim 3/7/2007 9:36:10 PM

"Dave Houston" <nobody@whocares.com> wrote in message
> "John" <noaddress@noaddress.invalid> wrote:
>

>>"Tim Dolan" <tims-pool-leagues@snet.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "BruceR" <razrbruce@NOgmailSPAM.com> wrote in message

>>> When the program opens I get the indication that it's registered and
>>> then
>>> I get the screen that says the interface is not connected. That as far
>>> as
>>> I can get.
>>>               Tim fm CT
>>In addition to removing the batteries did you disconnect it from the
>>AC power while the batteries were removed?  They are known to get
>>into a lock-up condition and that is the only way to fix it.
>>

> I think both you and Bruce are thinking of ActiveHome and the CM11A. The
> OP
> is asking about ActiveHomePRO and the CM15A. While I haven't followed it
> closely I do not recall any lockup complaints about the CM15A.
>
> For the OP, you probably will have much better luck if you ask your
> questions in the X-10 forums on the X-10 web site. There are many
> CM15A/AHP
> users there. I suspect you have an issue with the USB connection under XP.
>
>     http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php#2
>
> http://davehouston.net
> roZetta-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Thanks Dave,
                    I'll do it.
                                 Tim fm CT

0
Reply Tim 3/7/2007 9:47:55 PM

> "Dave Houston" <nobody@whocares.com> wrote in message
>> "John" <noaddress@noaddress.invalid> wrote:
>>

>>>"Tim Dolan" <tims-pool-leagues@snet.net> wrote in message

>>>In addition to removing the batteries did you disconnect it from the
>>>AC power while the batteries were removed?  They are known to get
>>>into a lock-up condition and that is the only way to fix it.
>>>

>> I think both you and Bruce are thinking of ActiveHome and the CM11A. The
>> OP
>> is asking about ActiveHomePRO and the CM15A. While I haven't followed it
>> closely I do not recall any lockup complaints about the CM15A.
>>
>> For the OP, you probably will have much better luck if you ask your
>> questions in the X-10 forums on the X-10 web site. There are many
>> CM15A/AHP
>> users there. I suspect you have an issue with the USB connection under
>> XP.
>>
>>     http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php#2
>>
>> http://davehouston.net
>> roZetta-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
>
> Thanks Dave,
>                    I'll do it.
>                                 Tim fm CT
I did it. Still no go.
                           Tim fm CT

0
Reply Tim 3/8/2007 12:41:47 AM

On Wed, 07 Mar 2007 18:27:47 +0000, Dave Houston wrote:

> "John" <noaddress@noaddress.invalid> wrote:
>

>>"Tim Dolan" <tims-pool-leagues@snet.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "BruceR" <razrbruce@NOgmailSPAM.com> wrote in message

>>> When the program opens I get the indication that it's registered and then
>>> I get the screen that says the interface is not connected. That as far as
>>> I can get.
>>>               Tim fm CT
>>In addition to removing the batteries did you disconnect it from the
>>AC power while the batteries were removed?  They are known to get
>>into a lock-up condition and that is the only way to fix it.
>>

> I think both you and Bruce are thinking of ActiveHome and the CM11A. The OP
> is asking about ActiveHomePRO and the CM15A. While I haven't followed it
> closely I do not recall any lockup complaints about the CM15A.

It's not the same lockup as we've seen with the CM11A but generally
a failure to communicate, as the OP is experiencing, or other odd
behavior.  One user on the forum you mention below has published
a hardware hack to install a reset button, which as I recall
involved more than just opening the battery leads.

> For the OP, you probably will have much better luck if you ask your
> questions in the X-10 forums on the X-10 web site. There are many CM15A/AHP
> users there. I suspect you have an issue with the USB connection under XP.
>
>      http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php#2

Good advice. The AHP software driver can get mucked up and some
temporary files may need to be deleted to straighten it out.
(At least that fixed it for me on one occasion.) My unit has
been sitting on the shelf for quite some time now and I
unfortunately don't remember what is required.

Regards,
Charles Sullivan

0
Reply Charles 3/9/2007 8:57:03 PM

"Tim Dolan" <tims-pool-leagues@snet.net> wrote in message

I decided to go back to the beginning of this thread to see if there were
any clues we missed.

>     It appears that my Active Home Pro has stopped working.
>     The only thing I can think of is I had to turn on and off many circuit
> breakers looking of a light fixture I was repairing.

Can you tell us more about what you were doing when you were repairing this
light fixture.  What was wrong with it?  What kind of bulb is in it?

>     I opened the program and I get a warning saying that the interface
isn't
> connected and I see a tiny icon in the lower left task bar saying hardware
> not connected.
>     I plugged it in and checked the usb plug as suggested and no change.

There used to be a test program called USBVIEW.EXE that could be found at
www.usb.org but I don't see it there anymore.  Perhaps you could find it or
a similar program to test your USB port.

>     I removed the batteries and put them back in and no change.
>    I see the icons for my devices and I hear them click on and off when I
do
> it with the mouse, but lights do not respond.

Are you sure the CM15A is defective or is it possible those lights are
compact fluorescents or are located near a UPS or some other signal sucker?
If some appliance modules are being controlled by the CM15A successfully but
light modules are not, I would suspect some signal problem rather than an
issue with the CM15A.   I am curious.  How can the appliance modules work
via mouseclick in Activehome if the USB bridge is non-functional?  It seems
to me you can either communicate with it or you can't.  What you're
describing is something in the middle.

Do you have an X-10 signal meter like the ESM-1?

--
Bobby G.

0
Reply Robert 3/9/2007 11:58:47 PM

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@YAH00.COM> wrote:

>I am curious.  How can the appliance modules work
>via mouseclick in Activehome if the USB bridge is non-functional?  It seems
>to me you can either communicate with it or you can't.  What you're
>describing is something in the middle.

I think what he's describing are the sound effects in the AHP software.

http://davehouston.net
roZetta-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
0
Reply nobody 3/10/2007 12:57:08 AM

> "Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@YAH00.COM> wrote:
>
> >I am curious.  How can the appliance modules work
> >via mouseclick in Activehome if the USB bridge is non-functional?  It
seems
> >to me you can either communicate with it or you can't.  What you're
> >describing is something in the middle.
>
> I think what he's describing are the sound effects in the AHP software.

My bad.  I guess it was when he wrote: "when I do it with the mouse" that my
mind got clouded with disturbing images so I missed the obvious.  (-:  I
don't think I've ever run Activehome on a PC that had sound, either!

No doubt they added those highly useful sound effects to cover the sound of
the real relays clacking.  Good programming to keep the sounds alive even
though the signals aren't reaching their intended targets.

Still, I suspect there's a clue in this occurring after he played circuit
panel roulette and switched off multiple circuits.  A PC with a dead CMOS
battery could recycle to a default state that knocked out a
specially-configured USB port but that's *highly* unlikely.

I'd do a file sort on the C: drive to see what's been "fingered" in the last
few weeks that might be USB related.  Then I'd look in Device Mangler to see
that all was OK.  Then I might plug a USB mouse into the port in question to
see if it worked.  Then I might unload/reload Activehome.  If that didn't
solve it, I'd Ghost the current state to DVD-R and restore from a known-good
image backup.

--
Bobby G.

0
Reply Robert 3/10/2007 2:19:44 AM

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@YAH00.COM> wrote in message
> "Dave Houston" <nobody@whocares.com> wrote in message
>> "Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@YAH00.COM> wrote:
>>
>> >I am curious.  How can the appliance modules work
>> >via mouseclick in Activehome if the USB bridge is non-functional?  It
> seems
>> >to me you can either communicate with it or you can't.  What you're
>> >describing is something in the middle.
>>
>> I think what he's describing are the sound effects in the AHP software.
>
> My bad.  I guess it was when he wrote: "when I do it with the mouse" that
> my
> mind got clouded with disturbing images so I missed the obvious.  (-:  I
> don't think I've ever run Activehome on a PC that had sound, either!
>
> No doubt they added those highly useful sound effects to cover the sound
> of
> the real relays clacking.  Good programming to keep the sounds alive even
> though the signals aren't reaching their intended targets.
>
> Still, I suspect there's a clue in this occurring after he played circuit
> panel roulette and switched off multiple circuits.  A PC with a dead CMOS
> battery could recycle to a default state that knocked out a
> specially-configured USB port but that's *highly* unlikely.
>
> I'd do a file sort on the C: drive to see what's been "fingered" in the
> last
> few weeks that might be USB related.  Then I'd look in Device Mangler to
> see
> that all was OK.  Then I might plug a USB mouse into the port in question
> see if it worked.  Then I might unload/reload Activehome.  If that didn't
> solve it, I'd Ghost the current state to DVD-R and restore from a
> known-good
> image backup.
>
> --
> Bobby G.
Hi Folks,
               I'm back to this ng. It was recommended to go to the x10
group which I did. However, after registering and reading the "Read this
first" stuff. I still could not determine where to start.
I sent my symptoms to a person that had written tips. Mike, I think it was.
I'm still where I was. Here's the situation.
All my x10 lights etc work via the hand held controllers and the plug in
controllers.
When I open the AHP it says I'm registered, and I see my units on the
screen. Then I get a screen that says "the active home pro usb interface
isn't connected to your computer...........
It is connected. I've checked that, I've removed the batteries and unplugged
it and still the same.
I can move the switches and hear them click on the screen but they do not
operate any units.
X10 is no help at all.
Please help me if you can.
                    Tim fm CT

0
Reply Tim 3/12/2007 11:20:56 PM

(I'm sorry if this was already suggested)
Have you tried uninstalling the cm15a stuff, rebooting, reinstall?  I've
seen stuff get wacked out, driver wise, under windows.

Maybe as a first step try a different USB port on the PC.  Windows
should see this as "new HW" and install the driver.

Check under control panel/system/hw to see if the driver is running...

Tim Dolan wrote:

> "Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@YAH00.COM> wrote in message
>> "Dave Houston" <nobody@whocares.com> wrote in message

>> seems
>>>
>>> I think what he's describing are the sound effects in the AHP software.
>>
>> My bad.  I guess it was when he wrote: "when I do it with the mouse"
>> that my
>> mind got clouded with disturbing images so I missed the obvious.  (-:  I
>> don't think I've ever run Activehome on a PC that had sound, either!
>>
>> No doubt they added those highly useful sound effects to cover the
>> sound of
>> the real relays clacking.  Good programming to keep the sounds alive even
>> though the signals aren't reaching their intended targets.
>>
>> Still, I suspect there's a clue in this occurring after he played circuit
>> panel roulette and switched off multiple circuits.  A PC with a dead CMOS
>> battery could recycle to a default state that knocked out a
>> specially-configured USB port but that's *highly* unlikely.
>>
>> I'd do a file sort on the C: drive to see what's been "fingered" in
>> the last
>> few weeks that might be USB related.  Then I'd look in Device Mangler
>> to see
>> that all was OK.  Then I might plug a USB mouse into the port in
>> question to
>> see if it worked.  Then I might unload/reload Activehome.  If that didn't
>> solve it, I'd Ghost the current state to DVD-R and restore from a
>> known-good
>> image backup.
>>
>> --
>> Bobby G.
> Hi Folks,
>               I'm back to this ng. It was recommended to go to the x10
> group which I did. However, after registering and reading the "Read this
> first" stuff. I still could not determine where to start.
> I sent my symptoms to a person that had written tips. Mike, I think it was.
> I'm still where I was. Here's the situation.
> All my x10 lights etc work via the hand held controllers and the plug in
> controllers.
> When I open the AHP it says I'm registered, and I see my units on the
> screen. Then I get a screen that says "the active home pro usb interface
> isn't connected to your computer...........
> It is connected. I've checked that, I've removed the batteries and
> unplugged it and still the same.
> I can move the switches and hear them click on the screen but they do
> not operate any units.
> X10 is no help at all.
> Please help me if you can.
>                    Tim fm CT
0
Reply AZ 3/13/2007 2:08:04 AM

"AZ Woody" <reply@here> wrote in message
> [...]
>> Hi Folks,
>>               I'm back to this ng. It was recommended to go to the x10
>> group which I did. However, after registering and reading the "Read this
>> first" stuff. I still could not determine where to start.
>> I sent my symptoms to a person that had written tips. Mike, I think it
>> was.
>> I'm still where I was. Here's the situation.
>> All my x10 lights etc work via the hand held controllers and the plug in
>> controllers.
>> When I open the AHP it says I'm registered, and I see my units on the
>> screen. Then I get a screen that says "the active home pro usb interface
>> isn't connected to your computer...........
>> It is connected. I've checked that, I've removed the batteries and
>> unplugged it and still the same.
>> I can move the switches and hear them click on the screen but they do not

OK,
      Thanks. I checked the control panel, hardware etc.
but I realized that I didn't know what I was looking for. What am I looking
for?
Also,  I think my AHP is a download, so I don't want to delete it. I'll look
more thoroughly for the Cd.
                 Tim fm CT

0
Reply Tim 3/15/2007 12:33:41 PM

It really depends on the version of windows (checking device drivers).

On XP, click start settings->control panel, then "system".  Then click
on the "hardware" tab.  Then "device manager".  Look at the stuff under
"Universal Serial Bus controllers" to start.

(That's what I see...  First time I've had my cm15a connected to windows
in over a year....  It's been on a linux box for a long time!)

First thing to try, is just plugging the cm15a to a different USB port
on your PC.

Tim Dolan wrote:

> "AZ Woody" <reply@here> wrote in message
>> (I'm sorry if this was already suggested)
>> Have you tried uninstalling the cm15a stuff, rebooting, reinstall?
>> I've seen stuff get wacked out, driver wise, under windows.
>>
>> Maybe as a first step try a different USB port on the PC.  Windows
>> should see this as "new HW" and install the driver.
>>
>> Check under control panel/system/hw to see if the driver is running...
>>

>> Tim Dolan wrote:
>>>
>>> "Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@YAH00.COM> wrote in message

>>> Hi Folks,
>>>               I'm back to this ng. It was recommended to go to the
>>> x10 group which I did. However, after registering and reading the
>>> "Read this first" stuff. I still could not determine where to start.
>>> I sent my symptoms to a person that had written tips. Mike, I think
>>> it was.
>>> I'm still where I was. Here's the situation.
>>> All my x10 lights etc work via the hand held controllers and the plug
>>> in controllers.
>>> When I open the AHP it says I'm registered, and I see my units on the
>>> screen. Then I get a screen that says "the active home pro usb
>>> interface isn't connected to your computer...........
>>> It is connected. I've checked that, I've removed the batteries and
>>> unplugged it and still the same.
>>> I can move the switches and hear them click on the screen but they do
>>> not operate any units.
>>> X10 is no help at all.
>>> Please help me if you can.
>>>                    Tim fm CT
>
> OK,
>      Thanks. I checked the control panel, hardware etc.
> but I realized that I didn't know what I was looking for. What am I
> looking for?
> Also,  I think my AHP is a download, so I don't want to delete it. I'll
> look more thoroughly for the Cd.
>                 Tim fm CT

0
Reply AZ 3/16/2007 2:53:47 AM

> It really depends on the version of windows (checking device drivers).
>
> On XP, click start settings->control panel, then "system".  Then click on
> the "hardware" tab.  Then "device manager".  Look at the stuff under
> "Universal Serial Bus controllers" to start.
>
> (That's what I see...  First time I've had my cm15a connected to windows
> in over a year....  It's been on a linux box for a long time!)
>
> First thing to try, is just plugging the cm15a to a different USB port on
> your PC.
>
> Tim Dolan wrote:
>>
>> "AZ Woody" <reply@here> wrote in message
>>> (I'm sorry if this was already suggested)
>>> Have you tried uninstalling the cm15a stuff, rebooting, reinstall?  I've
>>> seen stuff get wacked out, driver wise, under windows.
>>>
>>> Maybe as a first step try a different USB port on the PC.  Windows
>>> should see this as "new HW" and install the driver.
>>>
>>> Check under control panel/system/hw to see if the driver is running...

>> OK,
>>      Thanks. I checked the control panel, hardware etc.
>> but I realized that I didn't know what I was looking for. What am I
>> looking for?
>> Also,  I think my AHP is a download, so I don't want to delete it. I'll
>> look more thoroughly for the Cd.
>>                 Tim fm CT

Woody,
              I don't have another port with that kind of plug..???
                      Tim fm CT

0
Reply Tim 3/16/2007 10:09:38 PM

You only have one usb port?  That is very odd!

Head to bestbuy or comp usa and get a usb hub. (~$20).  Plug in the hub,
then the cm15a into the hub.  You'll get "new HW" for the hub, and "new
hw" for the cm15a.

What version of windows are you running, as this might not work on pre
win2k.

Tim Dolan wrote:

> "AZ Woody" <reply@here> wrote in message
>> It really depends on the version of windows (checking device drivers).
>>
>> On XP, click start settings->control panel, then "system".  Then click
>> on the "hardware" tab.  Then "device manager".  Look at the stuff
>> under "Universal Serial Bus controllers" to start.
>>
>> (That's what I see...  First time I've had my cm15a connected to
>> windows in over a year....  It's been on a linux box for a long time!)
>>
>> First thing to try, is just plugging the cm15a to a different USB port
>> on your PC.
>>
>> Tim Dolan wrote:
>>>
>>> "AZ Woody" <reply@here> wrote in message

>>> OK,
>>>      Thanks. I checked the control panel, hardware etc.
>>> but I realized that I didn't know what I was looking for. What am I
>>> looking for?
>>> Also,  I think my AHP is a download, so I don't want to delete it.
>>> I'll look more thoroughly for the Cd.
>>>                 Tim fm CT
>>>
> Woody,
>              I don't have another port with that kind of plug..???
>                      Tim fm CT
0
Reply AZ 3/17/2007 3:58:45 AM

> You only have one usb port?  That is very odd!
>
> Head to bestbuy or comp usa and get a usb hub. (~$20).  Plug in the hub,
> then the cm15a into the hub.  You'll get "new HW" for the hub, and "new
> hw" for the cm15a.
>
> What version of windows are you running, as this might not work on pre
> win2k.
>
> Tim Dolan wrote:
>>
>> "AZ Woody" <reply@here> wrote in message
>>> It really depends on the version of windows (checking device drivers).
>>>
>>> On XP, click start settings->control panel, then "system".  Then click
>>> on the "hardware" tab.  Then "device manager".  Look at the stuff under
>>> "Universal Serial Bus controllers" to start.
>>>
>>> (That's what I see...  First time I've had my cm15a connected to windows
>>> in over a year....  It's been on a linux box for a long time!)
>>>
>>> First thing to try, is just plugging the cm15a to a different USB port
>>> on your PC.

>> Woody,
>>              I don't have another port with that kind of plug..???
>>                      Tim fm CT

Hi Woody,
                Well, wait to you hear this. I think all is ok now. I'll
know for sure when one of the timed events takes place. anyway.....
 Earlier,I was having troubles with the AHP , long story short, it was
suggested to move the USB unit away from the computer, and I did.
        Time went by and a new problem developed. That's when I started this
thread.
 Long story short again, I forgot I had moved the unit and I found the old
Active Home (not the pro) unit on the floor which was still plugged in to
the computer so I've been doing al the nonsense with the old unit in the
wrong port.
   I noticed the new AHP unit upstairs in an outlet and BINGO ! The "what a
dumb ass, I am light went on.
    See ya,
               Tim fm CT

0
Reply Tim 3/21/2007 6:10:39 PM

Tim Dolan wrote:

> "AZ Woody" <reply@here> wrote in message
>> You only have one usb port?  That is very odd!
>>
>> Head to bestbuy or comp usa and get a usb hub. (~$20).  Plug in the
>> hub, then the cm15a into the hub.  You'll get "new HW" for the hub,
>> and "new hw" for the cm15a.
>>
>> What version of windows are you running, as this might not work on pre
>> win2k.
>>
>> Tim Dolan wrote:
>>>
>>> "AZ Woody" <reply@here> wrote in message

>>> Woody,
>>>              I don't have another port with that kind of plug..???
>>>                      Tim fm CT
>
> Hi Woody,
>                Well, wait to you hear this. I think all is ok now. I'll
> know for sure when one of the timed events takes place. anyway.....
> Earlier,I was having troubles with the AHP , long story short, it was
> suggested to move the USB unit away from the computer, and I did.
>        Time went by and a new problem developed. That's when I started
> this thread.
> Long story short again, I forgot I had moved the unit and I found the
> old Active Home (not the pro) unit on the floor which was still plugged
> in to the computer so I've been doing al the nonsense with the old unit
> in the wrong port.
>   I noticed the new AHP unit upstairs in an outlet and BINGO ! The "what
> a dumb ass, I am light went on.
>    See ya,
>               Tim fm CT

Memory is the second thing to go, so they say! :)

Hope it works out for you.

The cm15a has worked really well for me - but I use it in a "non normal"
way.  It's a "dumb" x10 device connected to a linux server (it's got no
events loaded).  I also turned off the RF...

-w
0
Reply AZ 3/22/2007 1:03:45 AM
comp.home.automation 5317 articles. 1 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Both home printers stopped working
I have little knowledge about computers but hope someone can guide me. I have a 4 year old Compaq Presario desktop with ME and two HP printers. Suddenly neither of the printers will print. Both have the green "on lights" on and I can make copies with one (an all-in-one machine) I don't think it's a cable problem because one uses a USB cable in the front of the computer and the other connects to the back (non-USB). Initally(tried it about 20 times)when I went to File/Print nothing happened but lately I've been getting an error message: There was an error writing to...

Active Home Pro /CM15A problems
I just bought one of x10's starter kits which is built around the Active Home Pro/CM15A. From reading their forums, it looks like this isn't a reliable combination (and i'm not having much better luck. tech support at X10.com is pretty worthless). My questions: is there another software program that i can download that "talks" to the CM15A so i can determine if i have a software or hardware problem? i've only been able to find SW that supports serial interfaces instead of USB. Is it more likely that i have a hardware problem? if so, is there an alternative to the...

Active Home Pro on Windows 8 anyone?
I've been using the Active Home Pro software to control X10 devices with a CM15A controller since Windows XP, then on Windows 7, and even though that software has not been updated, I am wonderig if I could also use it now with Windows 8. Has anybody tried it on Win 8? Otherwise I might have to keep my old PC around because I could not contol my X10 devices without this software. On Friday, April 12, 2013 11:27:27 PM UTC-4, cameo wrote: > I've been using the Active Home Pro software to control X10 devices with= =20 >=20 > a CM15A controller since Windows XP, t...

Want work from home Job in Pro-E or AutoCAD
Want work from home Job in Pro-E or AutoCAD, any company or individual with projects can contact me through email pushpal wrote: > Want work from home Job in Pro-E or AutoCAD, any company or individual > with projects can contact me through email. I am interested. What will I have to do. I am interested in this work from home offer. Would appreciate any further details. Thanks! pushpal wrote: > Want work from home Job in Pro-E or AutoCAD, any company or individual > with projects can contact me through email ...and I am interested..... hi iam ...

FF stopped working in Sidewinder FF Pro under XP
I have a Sidewinder FF Pro (game port) joystick that I've used for a couple of years under XP Pro with FS2002 and then FS2004. It used to work fine, but suddenly, the force-feedback capability is gone. In FS2004, the joystick now just acts as though it's spring-loaded to the center position. (I tried disabling and re-enabling the force-feedback in FS2004, but the problem persists.) In the XP control panel, the FF Pro no longer has a tab for force-feedback. Removing and auto-detecting it leaves the problem unchanged. The old (3.02) software has never been installed on this...

XP Home to XP Pro
Just to let the group know. This question has been asked before. I have just gone thru 2 weeks of absolute mayhem - my XP Home install got corrupted and got a STOP error#67 - and no way to recover. Fortunately the recommendations at http://www.digitalwebcast.com/2002/03_mar/tutorials/cw_boot_toot.htm This 4 page article (by Charlie White) was superb - I had the system back as it was in no time... Then - I decided to try an upgrade to XP Pro. 1st I cloned the original disk onto an old 60Gby disk - partitioned 20+40 (C and D) - I also copied everything from the cloned 1st part...

OT--Need help--In the middle of installing XP Pro, the keyboard stops working
I have a Pentium 3 600mhz PC that I have installed XP Pro on many many times, and recently I have had an issue with XP not installing properly. I installed a different (40 gig) hard drive, and formatted it, and get the XP install procedure going, and the keyboard stops working right before it asks you to enter your name and organization. Obviously you can't proceed without entering this. I replaced the keyboard, three times, and I know it's not likely to be hardware related, because I installed Mandrake Linux and Slackware Linux and everything works fine. I have three backup copies...

8.2.2. Windows "net stop db2-0" with activated databases does not work
This lookup the service controller, because db2 8.2.2 does not force connections at "net stop" command . -Zahni zahni31@gmx.de wrote: > This lookup the service controller, because db2 8.2.2 does not force > connections at "net stop" command . Actually, it doesn't lock up, but it takes a long time to come back. With DPF, the database manager config parameter START_STOP_TIME will control how long DB2 will wait for a db2start/db2stop to complete. (This allows you to control how long DB2 will wait for the remote partitions to actually complete the s...

money work at home, no fee work at home programs, office work at home, online work at home
N http://hotbuyline.com/?q=money+work+at+home http://hotbuyline.com/?q=monster+work+at+home http://hotbuyline.com/?q=monster+work+at+home+jobs http://hotbuyline.com/?q=monster.com+work+at+home http://hotbuyline.com/?q=montreal+work+at+home http://hotbuyline.com/?q=montreal+work+at+home+jobs http://hotbuyline.com/?q=most+popular+work+at+home+jobs http://hotbuyline.com/?q=manila+work+at+home http://hotbuyline.com/?q=mothers+work+at+home http://hotbuyline.com/?q=mothers+work+at+home+forum http://hotbuyline.com/?q=mothers+work+at+home+jobs http://hotbuyline.com/?q=nbc+news+work+at+home http://hotb...

advertise work at home, any real work at home, australia work at home, career builder work at home
http://hotbuyline.com/?q=work+at+home http://hotbuyline.com/?q=abc+new+work+at+home http://hotbuyline.com/?q=abc+news+work+at+home+jobs http://hotbuyline.com/?q=abc+work+at+home http://hotbuyline.com/?q=abc+work+at+home+jobs http://hotbuyline.com/?q=about+work+at+home http://hotbuyline.com/?q=access+work+at+home http://hotbuyline.com/?q=accounts+work+at+home http://hotbuyline.com/?q=acd+direct+work+at+home http://hotbuyline.com/?q=acd+work+at+home http://hotbuyline.com/?q=acs+work+at+home http://hotbuyline.com/?q=actual+work+at+home+jobs http://hotbuyline.com/?q=admin+work+at+home http://hotbu...

ssh -R from work to home and ssh from home to work
While I am at work I run: ssh -R 5022:localhost:22 user@host -c blowfish While I am at home I run: ssh -X -p 5022 different_user@localhost -C -c blowfish So I am now working from home. The problem is that $DISPLAY is not set. This doesn't pose a problem yet because X forwarding is still sending Xwindows to my home display. The issue is: after I ssh to work and then ssh to another network server the $DISPLAY variable is set to the display of the original machine I ssh'd to and Xwindows are now sent to it rather than home. I don't know why $DISPLAY is not set on the o...

Providing online jobs, work at home employment and work at home business opportunities.
Providing online jobs, work at home employment and work at home business opportunities. Process emails, fill envelopes, do online surveys, typing and data ... http://internetearningproof.googlepages.com ...

Providing online jobs, work at home employment and work at home business opportunities.
Providing online jobs, work at home employment and work at home business opportunities. Process emails, fill envelopes, do online surveys, typing and data ... http://internetearningproof.googlepages.com ...

Find the perfect work at home job for you using our FREE Work at home Job Finder!
Find the perfect work at home job for you using our FREE Work at home Job Finder! Get matched with a Home Based Job or Business Plan that suits your needs and skills. Simply visit our website and fill in the short form to receive your Job Match Details for FREE Today! http://www.typeinternational.com/idevaffiliate/idevaffiliate.php?id=4909_68_3_102 ...

Working form has stopped working
The form Chooser has worked without problems for about a year. It suddenly stopped working in November. It was written for Access2003, but I don't spend much time at the facility where it's used, so I took it over to the local university to try to run it. I found that the university had updated to Access2007 This message appeared when I opened the database: "Missing or broken reference to dao2535.tlb version 3.5" The Chooser form did open and display its lists of agencies and employees, but when I tried to select from either list I got this ...

When to stop
Hello This is part coding and part protocol design. I am developing a very simple protocol and working out how to parse out received data into messages. I can process the stream of bytes just about but I think I need help in design. My data is in tlv format and I might get 1 or many tlv's to parse. I know the length of the entire byte stream. This is what I have so far: #include <stdio.h> const char* getType(size_t type) { switch(type) { case 0: return "uint8_t"; case 1: return "byte array"; default: return "unkn...

Did this stop working? Or did it ever work? (metamagic)
I wrote a tutorial a few months ago that describes how/why the following worked: module Translator module ClassMethods def translate end end def included(receiver) receiver.extend(ClassMethods) end end class C include Translator end But, now it doesn't work. Effectively I expect the translate method to become a class-level method of C. Instead I'm told C doesn't know about that method. If I call C.extend(Translator::ClassMethods) I get what I'd expect. Have I been wrong this entire time or did something change? ruby -v ruby 1.8.6 (2007-09-24 ...

Working form has stopped working: Repost and Update
I repeat below my previous post on this problem. I have still not solved it, but I have at last found time to try again... <<<<<<<<<<<< The form Chooser has worked without problems for about a year. It suddenly stopped working in November. It was written for Access2003, but I don't spend much time at the facility where it's used, so I took it over to the local university to try to run it. I found that the university had updated to Access2007 This message appeared when I opened the database: "Missing or broken...

Check Internet Connection
Hi, I have this code in Access 2003 for checking if an Internet connection is present: (In the code below, "somedomain" represents the web site that is used to check for the update. I have substituted other domains in to test it.) ********************************************************* Private Const FLAG_ICC_FORCE_CONNECTION = &H1 Private Declare Function InternetCheckConnection Lib "wininet.dll" Alias "InternetCheckConnectionA" _ (ByVal lpszUrl As String, ByVal dwFlags As Long, ByVal dwReserved As Long) As Long Code in the Form_Load Event: If Internet...

Pervasive MS Cluster Active-Active-Passive works!
According to the Pervasive site and docs an Active-Passive (only?) MS Cluster works and is supported. Nothing on 3-node (or more) clusters there. It took some creative configuration, but I managed to build an Active-Active-Passive cluster. Fail-over and all working fine. We would like to use this for a customer, but does anybody know if this is supported by Pervasive? Anyone had actual experience with 3-node (or more) Pervasive clusters? It is probably not supported by Pervasive but does depend on specific configuration. The Pervasive.SQL database engine does not know how to "s...

"Make" works at home, fails at work.
I'm having a problem with make at work. I installed djgpp on my computer at work, trying to duplicate my home installation. I also copied over my personal libraries, source code, makefiles, etc. But when I try to "make" anything at work I get error "-1", except in the case of an empty rule. Even a simple makefile like this bombs out: blat: [tab]@echo splat When I type "make", what it SHOULD do is just print "splat". What it does instead is this: make.exe: *** [blat] Error -1 When I use an "empty" rule it works just fine: Makefile: ...

Working exe stopped working....need advice to debug
Hi, &nbsp; I have a VI that runs a TestStand seq file dynamically using the TestStand OI controls. I built an exe out of this VI two months back and have had it working since then. &nbsp; As lame as this might sound, since yesterday, the exe does not work anymore. As soon as I double click on it, it invokes two instances of the LabVIEW run-time engine immediately in the task manager and right after that, it goes into Not Responding mode. If I run the VI by itself (out of which the exe was built), the VI works fine. I also noted that if I run the VI by itself, it does not invoke any ins...

EARN FROM YOUR P.C . WORK FROM YOUR HOME. THE WELL PAID ONLINE MAKING PROGRAMME INVITES YOU TO WORK WITH THEM AND GET PAID FOR YOUR WORK.YOU CAN EARN $2,00,000 IN A SINGLE WEEK. THE LINK IS BE
EARN FROM YOUR P.C . WORK FROM YOUR HOME. THE WELL PAID ONLINE MAKING PROGRAMME INVITES YOU TO WORK WITH THEM AND GET PAID FOR YOUR WORK.YOU CAN EARN $2,00,000 IN A SINGLE WEEK. THE LINK IS BELOW www.jeeva235.blogspot.com THE BIGGEST OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU ...

WORK FROM HOME
Money Machine *This is Only for Indians and for people within India. *Please read this thoroughly, fully and carefully as each and every word from first to last..... will certainly change your life. THIS CAN REALLY MAKE YOU EASY MONEY! BUT YOU HAVE TO TRY A LITTLE FOR IT TO WORK!........ This is your ladder to success, happiness and luxury. Now you can get anything that you had dreamt of getting. Get yourself involved and reap the rewards on becoming a millionaire. A few weeks back, I was browsing through newsgroup, just like you are now and came across an article similar to this that ...