[ANNOUNCE]: English GDF Hannover GRASS GIS tutorial, Version 1.2 released #2

Dear GIS users,

[sorry for crossposting]

GDF Hannover is proud to present the English translation of the
well-known German GRASS GIS Tutorial version 1.2.

The book covers an introduction to the Free Geographic Information
System GRASS 6.0. It extends the available literature about GRASS 6
by aspects of installation and practical usage and offers up to date
material for the use of the latest GRASS developments at the time of
writing.

The document focuses on the new vector functionalities, network
analysis, database management systems (DBMS) and the new graphical
user interface (GUI). A section about the interaction with Quantum GIS
as graphical user interface is also included.

It is released under GNU/FDL and available from:

	http://www.gdf-hannover.de/literature

Best regards

Your GDF Hannover

--
GDF Hannover - Solutions for spatial data analysis and remote sensing
Hannover Office      -     Mengendamm 16d      -     D-30177 Hannover

copying a font in PHOTOSHOP
Hi. I'm attaching two lines of text. I am kind of a newbie, but know my way around photoshop a little. I don't know much about creating good fonts. Anyways, I am attaching the .gif image, so if anyone could tell me how to duplicate these fonts in Photoshop, that would be awesome! I'm sure it would be easy for most of you. Thanks in Advance. Chris In article <64c6m0906n75t64rndhbqbpge4buiggj9f@4ax.com>, dean says... > >Hi. I'm attaching two lines of text. I am kind of a newbie, but >know my way around photoshop a little. I don't know much abo...

Help Choosing A Version Of Vista
Here is a helpful guide: <http://www.joyoftech.com/joyoftech/joyarchives/915.html> :-Derek -- Fortune Magazine 11-29-05: What's your computer setup today? Frederick Brooks: I happily use a Macintosh. It's not been equalled for ease of use, and I want my computer to be a tool, not a challenge. <http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/2005/12/12/8363107/> [Frederick Brooks is the author of 'The Mythical Man Month'. He spearheaded the movement to modernize computer software engineering in 1975.] ...

Nforce for Intel announced
AnandTech News: NVIDIA nForce 4 SLI Redefines Digital Media Experience on Intel-Based PCs http://www.anandtech.com/news/shownews.aspx?i=24057 Interesting note, the Nforce 4 SLI for Intel has one more feature than the original Nforce 4 for AMD, which is a bootable RAID5 feature. NVIDIA nForce4 http://www.nvidia.com/page/nforce4_family.html Yousuf Khan YKhan <yjkhan@gmail.com> wrote: >AnandTech News: NVIDIA nForce 4 SLI Redefines Digital Media Experience >on Intel-Based PCs >http://www.anandtech.com/news/shownews.aspx?i=24057 > >Interesting note, the Nforce 4 SLI fo...

anybody please send me a copy of "netpbm-10.6-1-bin.zip" for GNUWIN32 on windows?
Dear all, I want to install Latex2html, but today the "netpbm-10.6-1-bin.zip" could not be download from sourceforge website. I don't know why... I tried many times but failed. Without that file the Latex2html does not install. Can anybody send me a copy of that file? Thanks a lot, -Walala ...

ANNOUNCE: GIMP 2.0.2 (fwd)
---------- Forwarded message ---------- Hi, GIMP version 2.0.2 is now available from ftp://ftp.gimp.org/pub/gimp/v2.0/. Please use one of the mirrors listed at http://www.gimp.org/downloads/#mirrors This is a bug-fix release in the stable 2.0 series. Quite some bugs have been fixed so an update is highly recommened. Here's a detailed list of improvements: - several build fixes (#140115, #142907, #143069) - allow plug-ins to register menu entries from within init() (#139969) - fixed focus issues with tool dialogs (#139349) - allow to load grayscale TGA file...

[TCPP-announce] IEEE TCPP Monthly Announcements, February 2005
IEEE TCPP Monthly Announcements, February 2005: A. UPCOMING EVENTS ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [Conferences past submission deadline] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ 1.HPCRI 2005, 1st Workshop on High Performance Computing Reliability Issues *To be held in conjunction with The 11th International Symposium on High Performance Computer Architecture (HPCA-11) (http://www.hpcaconf.org/hpca11/) *February 12-16, 2005 / Palace Hotel, San Francisco *Available at http://www.hpcaconf.org/hpca11/workshops/HPCRI/HPC...

Powermac/9.1 network connection problem
I have a powemac 4400/200Mhz with a PCI NIC card (Sonic) on one of the PCI slots. It is connected to a Motorola Router/WLAN unit that connects to a ADSL modem. I have PCs hooked on to the same router. PCs work fine and get their IP addresses automatically. But it is crazy with the mac. The mac is running Open Transport 2.7.9 (I upgraded because 2.7.4 was not working, neither did 2.7.6). AppleTalk is on. TCP/IP is set to use the Enternet B1 slot connect, and DHCP is enabled. 802.3 is NOT selected. The mac always comes up with the automatic private IP of 169.254.232.172, subnet mask 255.255.0...

Using zmodem inside ssh -- linux 2 linux

[comp.lang.perl.moderated] Welcome
Archive-Name: perl-faq/moderated/welcome Comp-lang-perl-moderated-archive-name: welcome Posting-Frequency: weekly Version: $Id: FAQ,v 1.51 2004/08/10 16:05:00 gbacon Exp $ URL: http://www.plover.com/clpm/FAQ Maintainer: Greg Bacon <gbacon@hiwaay.net> Copyright-Notice: see Section 14 [ A recent copy of this document can be obtained via anonymous FTP as rtfm.mit.edu:/pub/faqs/perl-faq/moderated/welcome. If you do not have access to anonymous FTP, you can get a copy by sending email to mail-server@rtfm.mit.edu with the command "send faqs/perl-faq/moderated/welcome...

New releases of FFmpeg and FFplay for new ARMs
FFplay is a very simple media player built from FFmpeg and SDL. It is mostly used by the FFmpeg development team as a testbed for the various FFmpeg APIs. It is not intended to be a high-gloss high-performance player and you should expect playback to be painfully slow and/or unsynchronised. But it makes a fair attempt at playing low-resolution YouTube videos so conversion to MPEG 1/2 for KinoAmp may not be necessary. And it can handle many other popular media formats. It will fill a gap on the RISC OS platform until something better comes along. The latest releases of !FFmpeg and !FFplay have...

generate table list #2
Hello all, is it possible to generate an list with all tables and their constraints, triggers, primary keys? Or in which tables I can found the needed informations? like select table_name, trigger_name, triggering_event from user_triggers; Frank Frank Dietrich wrote: > Hello all, > > is it possible to generate an list with all tables and their > constraints, triggers, primary keys? > > Or in which tables I can found the needed informations? > > like > > select table_name, trigger_name, triggering_event > from user_triggers; > > ...

blueMSX 2.7
A new version of the great emulator blueMSX is available ! Version 2.7 can be viewed as version 2.5 enhanced : - after the IDE harddisk emulation, blueMSX has now support for different kinds of SCSI devices : MEGA-SCSI, WAVE-SCSI, MSX Club Gouda SCSI (NOVAXIS) and SCSI CD Audio / CD-ROM - blueMSX has now complete support for the Yamaha CX5M, CX5M-128 and CX7M-128 computers, as MIDI support has been added to the existing emulation of the YM2151 sound chip and the YK-01, YK-10 and YK-20 music keyboards Version 2.7 can also can be viewed as version 2.2 enhanced as a new version ...

[9fans] An announcement and a question
First of all, if you happen to be around San Francisco Bay Area on Sep 30, you might be interested in joining an unconference that is being hosted at Sun's campus where I work: http://cloudcamp-silicon-valley-08.eventbrite.com/ In fact, if there's enough interest we can meet early and I can give the interested parties the tour of the campus combined with some Java (the good kind) and chatting. Now, why is this relevant to 9fans? One word: 9grid. Well, better yet two words: Elastic 9grid(*). If you're still not convinced -- drop by and ask me in person ;-) So that's the a...

Linking two shared object libs with same symbols, Solaris 2.6
I have an application running on Solaris 2.6 that is linking with two shared object libs ( libv2.so and libv4.so ). These two libs are basically two wrapper classes that make API calls to two other .so libs ( libver2.so and libver4.so ), the API functions are the same on both libver2.so and libver4.so, that's the reason I created the wrapper classes. The libv2.so links with libver2.so and libv4.so links with libver4.so without any problems. My app compiles and links without any problems either, but when I run it, only one set of the API calls work, either the one on libver2.so o...

[FAQ] mini-FAQ V1.68
Subject: CLPB Mini FAQ Archive-name: pascal/borland-minifaq Posting-Frequency: Every week Last-modified: 2006-02-04 Version: 1.68 This document is (in general) posted every week as an aid to new readers of these Newsgroups. It provides background knowledge of the group, answers to the most frequently asked questions, a listing of Pascal resources and netiquette in posting to the groups. Please do take the time to read through this information. Changes to the FAQ, giving a new version number will have a # in the first column for the life of the version. *********************...

Garage Band tutorial..
Most of you probably already know your way around Garage Band. I don't really, but I found a pretty good tutorial that gives you a good kick start if you're knew to it like I am. It is a bit long, but broken up into "chapters", so you can just watch the bits you are interested in. It helped me get over a hurdle I was having mixing audio for a school DVD. http://comtechlab.iupui.edu/tutorialsfolder/garageband.html -- Randy Howard (2reply remove FOOBAR) "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- Gen. George S. Patton ...

bsd 5.2
hey folks does anyone know when comes the new rease 5.2 ready for download? thanks On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 10:48:12 +0200 hugo bachmann <h.bachmann@usa.net> wrote: HB> hey folks HB> HB> does anyone know when comes the new rease 5.2 ready for download? When it's cooked is the usual answer, you can look on http://www.FreeBSD.org/releases/5.2R/todo.html and see what is still cooking. -- C:>WIN | Directable Mirrors The computer obeys and wins. |A Better Way To Focus The Sun You lose and Bill colle...

PCA #2
Hi all, I wanted to rephrase a question that I asked yesterday because I think I did not phrase it very clearly: I am performing a Principal Components Analysis (PCA) and I would like to calculate the factor scores for each observation. My thoughts on how to calculate these: - I can calculate these by: multiplying [the factor scores from the Component Score Coefficient Matrix] with [the item-scores for the observation]. - I can also calculate these by: using the Scores... button (in Analyze > Data Reduction > Factor...), which saves the factor scores for each observation i...

Announce: BWidget 1.8.0 Released
BWidget 1.8.0 has been released. Source bz2 tarball, gzip tarball, and zip files are available at: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=12883&package_id=23786&release_id=454676 This version has numerous bug fixes and a few new commands to existing widgets. There are no new or removed widgets in this release. My thanks go out to those that contributed bug reports and patches for this release. ======================================================================== BWidget ToolKit 1.8.0 October 2006 Copyright (c) 1998-1999 UNIFIX. Copyright (c) 2001-2002 Activ...

CGI zombies with Apache 1.3 on Linux
I've Googled extensively, but can't figure out what might be causing my Python CGI app to zombie (yes, Tibia, the one I just announced ;). The cgi bit looks like this: def cgi_handler(): import cgi =20 form =3D cgi.FieldStorage(keep_blank_values=3DTrue) params =3D dict([(key, form[key].value) for key in form]) =20 env =3D os.environ.get filename =3D env('PATH_TRANSLATED') or env('SCRIPT_FILENAME') username =3D env('AUTH_USER') or env('REMOTE_USER') or env('LOGON_USER') app =3D TibiaApp(params, filename, usernam...

Re: [ace-users] =?iso-8859-1?q?R=E9p=2E_=3A_Re=3A__Logging_Server_Dae?= =?iso-8859-1?q?mon_-_SYSLOG?= #2
Doug, The suggestions have not been applied in ace 5.5.3. Is it planned to apply these changes (or other ones) to fix the problem in ace 5.5.4? Thanks Hubert >>> "Douglas C. Schmidt" <schmidt@dre.vanderbilt.edu> 08/26 8:47 pm >>> Hi Hubert, > It works... Great! > with some changes: Ok, no problemo. Steve H., can you please see the suggested changes below and my recommendations at the end? > 1- Server_Logging_Handler_T.cpp > 1a- > . > . > . > #include "ace/CDR_Stream.h" ...

Domain names&web design for selas! #2
Dear Valued Businessman/BusinessLady, Todaynic.com is one of the first ICANN Accredited Registrars and CNNIC Accredited Domestic Registrars in China. Great amount of domain extensions with low prices and provide VDNS (Virtual Domain Name Server) services of its Secondary Domain Name. 10XGE FDDI directly to ChinaNet to ensure stability and high speed. CyberIP, Anti-spam email, Website DIY,Internet call cards. SCP's auto management(Smart Channel Provider) for resellers. Once you become our reseller, we will offer the free interface mode API(Application Program Interface Mode) an...

rec.games.int-fiction FAQ 1/3 #16
Archive-name: games/interactive-fiction/part1 URL: http://bang.dhs.org/faq/ Maintainer: Stephen van Egmond <svanegmond@home.com> Version: 1.6 - December 2000 West of House You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door. There is a small mailbox here. > OPEN MAILBOX. READ LEAFLET Opening the small mailbox reveals a leaflet. (Taken) (1.1) Welcome to rec.games.int-fiction! This is the Frequently Asked Questions list for the group rec.games.int-fiction, a Usenet newsgroup for the discussion of Interactive Fiction games ...

How to Turn $5 into $15,000 in 30 Days with PayPal #2 1895276
Originally I did this with the thought that all I had to loose was less than the cost of a breakfast out. I'm glad I did! Please read the message sent to me below. It only takes a minute and it could make a huge difference in your life!! ----------------------------------------------------------------------- QUICK_CASH How to Turn $5 into $15,000 in 30 Days with PayPal I WAS SHOCKED WHEN I SAW HOW MUCH MONEY CAME FLOODING INTO MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT I turned $5 into $14,706 within the first 30 days of operating the business plan that I am about to reveal to you free of charge. If you dec...

je-1.7.1 compatible with Berkeley DB 1.x?
Hi all! Our system is currently using Berkeley DBs that are version 1.x. Our current method for accessing these is via the DB_File perl module. We are needed to access some of these now from java. Is there any option that can be used with the je-1.7.1 to make it backwards compatible with this ancient version? If not is there an acient version of the je that would be compatible? Thanks! --C Ree-Yees wrote: > Hi all! Our system is currently using Berkeley DBs that are version 1.x. > Our current method for accessing these is via the DB_File perl module. We &g...