The mod_perl 2.0.2 + apache v2.2.3 #2

mod_perl 2.0.2 + apache v2.2.3  from
http://www.devside.net/server/webdeveloper

httpd.conf
ThreadsPerChild 1920
I have a project must upload files to win2003 server. So i do the job by
implement
Protocol (Connection) Handlers in mod_perl. But the server will very busy
when > 5
connections connect to apache at the same time. Maybe one connection upload
big file
(100M) . But in general the files is < 5M. The server have 4 cpu  and Ram is
4G.But
sometime the new connection will hang a little time (sometime can not accept
new
connections) .The cpu is not up to 100% and memory usage is still low.I have
some
problem want to know.

1. How the mpm_winnt work? It use one thread to keep the one request?Or it
do many
tasks by generate many thread on one connection?

2.Which one is more effective between Socket-based or Bucket Brigades-based
Protocol?

3.The win32 task-manage  show that the apache have 2 process.But sometime it
have >2
process. Why? The apache use thread not process?

4.Have the Apache v2  mpm_prefork  on win32? We testing the same code on
linux.The
performance is very very good than it on win2003 especially it have
muti-connections on
httpd.

5.Tuning the win2003 register will erase the upload file time.
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\AFD\Parameters]
"DefaultReceiveWindow"=dword:00019000
"DefaultSendWindow"=dword:00019000

Need i up the  DefaultReceiveWindow value(>102400) to improve the
performance
?

0
sonet
12/10/2006 9:48:31 AM
comp.infosystems.ms-windows 1722 articles. 0 followers. amosw01 (46) is leader. Post Follow