Suse 8.2 pro Apache 2.0.44 + PHP 4.3.1-24 = PHP not working

Hi Group!

I am using Suse Linux 8.2 and the Apache and PHP versions shipped on CD.

It seems, that the apache server still doesn't know how to treat php
files. The httpd.conf looks like this:
-----
LoadModule php4_module /usr/lib/apache2-prefork/libphp4.so

AddModule mod_php4.c

#
# PHP 4.x:
#
<IfModule mod_php4.c>
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php3 .php4 .phtml
</IfModule>
-----

But anyway, if i try to open a php file like
http://192.168.1.101/test.php, I receive a download dialog (Save as...).
If i rename the file to ".php3" the source code is shown in browser.
I don't know where the apache "is told" to treat the .php3-file in an
other way than the other registered php extensions.

Anyone any idea?

Thanks so far!

Please reply by eMail, too.

Andi

0
Andi
12/8/2003 3:24:13 PM
comp.infosystems.servers.unix 3274 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Andi wrote:
> Hi Group!
>
> I am using Suse Linux 8.2 and the Apache and PHP versions shipped on CD.
>
> It seems, that the apache server still doesn't know how to treat php
> files. The httpd.conf looks like this:
> -----
> LoadModule php4_module /usr/lib/apache2-prefork/libphp4.so
>
> AddModule mod_php4.c
>
> #
> # PHP 4.x:
> #
> <IfModule mod_php4.c>
> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php3 .php4 .phtml
> AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps
> </IfModule>
> -----
>
> But anyway, if i try to open a php file like
> http://192.168.1.101/test.php, I receive a download dialog (Save as...).
> If i rename the file to ".php3" the source code is shown in browser.
> I don't know where the apache "is told" to treat the .php3-file in an
> other way than the other registered php extensions.
>
> Anyone any idea?
>
> Thanks so far!
>
> Please reply by eMail, too.
>
> Andi

Hi again!

If I try to access the PHP test page with telnet proggi, I'll get the
following result by typing "GET /test.php3 HTTP/1.0"

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 16:53:50 GMT
Server: Apache/2.0.48 (Linux/SuSE)
Last-Modified: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 15:18:01 GMT
ETag: "448244-71-90431c40"
Accept-Ranges: bytes

       <head>
             <title> PHP Test page </title>
                                           </head>

    <?

      phpinfo();

                ?>

As You see, the Content-Type is set correctly!

Andi

0
Andi