does anyone know how to publish a site with apche 2.0???

hi, i have install apache 2.0, and if i try to connect with my
hostname, it works (i can see the testsite "It Works!! Apche is
succesful installed), but i don�t know how to replace the testsite
with my own-created site (.html)
can anyone help me?
thx
0
happyarmleuchter
2/11/2004 3:56:32 PM
comp.infosystems.ms-windows 1722 articles. 0 followers. amosw01 (46) is leader. Post Follow

On 11 Feb 2004, happyarmleuchter@web.de (Dumbonick) wrote in

> hi, i have install apache 2.0, and if i try to connect with my
> hostname, it works (i can see the testsite "It Works!! Apche is
> succesful installed), but i don�t know how to replace the testsite
> with my own-created site (.html)

Put your site in the location specified by the "DocumentRoot" line in
your httpd.conf file. The initial page should be named "index.html".
0
Nil
2/11/2004 5:35:42 PM
Nil <rednoise@REMOVETHIScomcast.net> wrote in message news:<Xns948C801F3C1DCnilch1@63.240.76.16>...
> On 11 Feb 2004, happyarmleuchter@web.de (Dumbonick) wrote in
>
> > hi, i have install apache 2.0, and if i try to connect with my
> > hostname, it works (i can see the testsite "It Works!! Apche is
> > succesful installed), but i don�t know how to replace the testsite
> > with my own-created site (.html)
>
> Put your site in the location specified by the "DocumentRoot" line in
> your httpd.conf file. The initial page should be named "index.html".
I too have the same issue. I made some pages with Frontpages Template.
Published it to the "Document Root",But it publishes the Index.html
page as default.htm. I rename the file to index.html but I still get
the "Welcome page"..any suggestions ? TIA
0
kenestep
2/19/2004 2:29:34 AM
On 18 Feb 2004, kenestep@myrealbox.com (kenestep) wrote in

> I too have the same issue. I made some pages with Frontpages
> Template. Published it to the "Document Root",But it publishes the
> Index.html page as default.htm. I rename the file to index.html
> but I still get the "Welcome page"..any suggestions ? TIA

I don't quite understand what you're saying. I think the Welcome page
that's installed with the program is called index.html - therefore, you
couldn't rename the Frontpage file to index.html without deleting the
original Welcome page file. You should find the Welcome page and move
or delete it from the DocumentRoot directory. If you really do have the
DocumentRoot set up correctly, it will be somewhere in that folder.
0
Nil