[ANNOUNCE] wxAda (pre-pre-pre-pre-release)

Hi,

Just thought I'd post a little note about the status of the project. I
have uploaded the source to Tigris. This is not complete and I have
stalled. I have recently stumbled across major blocks which I need help
with. Or if somebody wants to take over leading development, I have no
problem with that; my future with wxAda isn't too clear to me at the
moment.

The source isn't in the best way, but it does build with wxWidgets
2.6.3 and does provide some functionality.

Please feel free to look over the project and see what can be done.

Thanks,
Luke.

0
lucretia9 (158)
9/7/2006 7:28:34 PM
comp.lang.ada 8774 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

I forgot in the rush, the URL is: http://wxada.tigris.org

Luke.

0
lucretia9 (158)
9/7/2006 10:30:01 PM
Tried to compile it with GNAT and Ada 2005 and run into some problems
how do yoy want feedback
/Regards
/Per

Lucretia wrote:
> I forgot in the rush, the URL is: http://wxada.tigris.org
>
> Luke.

0
per.sandberg (111)
9/8/2006 6:54:07 PM
Per Sandberg wrote:
> Tried to compile it with GNAT and Ada 2005 and run into some problems
> how do yoy want feedback

It's not an Ada 2005 project so make sure it's in Ada95 by default -
GCC-4.1.1 is and this definitely works, as does GNAT-3.15p.

There is a discussion forum here:
http://wxada.tigris.org/servlets/ProjectForumView

Luke.

0
lucretia9 (158)

pre-determine the length of buffer for `sprinf()' (pre-c99)...
Here is my little contribution: http://clc.pastebin.com/f30e7cf52 "Chris M. Thomasson" <no@spam.invalid> wrote in message news:h6t2pc$1r0d$1@news.ett.com.ua... > Here is my little contribution: > > http://clc.pastebin.com/f30e7cf52 Here is one that attempts to emulate `asprintf()' in pre-c99: http://clc.pastebin.com/f63d41ab5 "Chris M. Thomasson" <no@spam.invalid> wrote in message news:h6uc0t$2ca0$1@news.ett.com.ua... > "Chris M. Thomasson" <no@spam.invalid> wrote in message > news:h6t2pc$1r0d$1@news.ett.com.ua... >> Here is my little contribution: >> >> http://clc.pastebin.com/f30e7cf52 > > Here is one that attempts to emulate `asprintf()' in pre-c99: > > http://clc.pastebin.com/f63d41ab5 I forgot to determine if the call to `vfprintf()' actually succeeded! Very bad mistake... Here is fixed version: __________________________________________________________________ #include <stdio.h> #include <stdarg.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <assert.h> static FILE* g_stdnull = NULL; int stdnull_init(void) { if (! g_stdnull) { g_stdnull = fopen("/dev/nul", "r+"); if (! g_stdnull) { g_stdnull = fopen("nul", "r+"); if (! g_stdnull) { g_stdnull = tmpfile(); if (! g_stdnull) { ...

Is it really impossible to pre-declare a class inside a pre-declared class?
If we want to pre-declare a class inside a namespace, that's easy: namespace A { class B; } void foo(const A::B*); // ok However, assume that A is a class instead of a namespace. It would be really nice if one could do something like: class A; class A::B; // error void foo(const A::B*); // nope Being able to do like this would reduce #include dependencies (which in some cases are rather annoying). Maybe there's another way of doing this I have missed? (Taking B out of A is not a good option, as the whole purpose of it being inside A is so that it doesn't garbage the ...

[ANNOUNCE] PyGObject 2.27.90 released (pre-release for 2.28.0)
I am pleased to announce version 2.27.90 of the Python bindings for GObject. This is a pre-release for the upcoming 2.28.0 stable release which should come in about a week if no major bugs are found. Note to maintainers and packagers, the 2.2x series will be the last series to support the static bindings. Going forward we will moving towards PyGObject 3.0 which will drop support for the static bindings and be able to clean up the code by breaking the current static binding ABI. The 2.28 and 3.0 branches will both be parallel installable and minimal support for the static bindings will c...

How to indent a normal or a <PRE>....</PRE> text in HTML?
Assume I want to publish a longer article on a web page. One of the paragraphs I want to display with an indent. Read: All text lines of this paragraph should be displayed with (let's say 8) blanks from the "normal" left side. How do I do that without coding "&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;" ? Is there something like <TAB size=8> ..... </TAB> ? Wladi Wladimir Borsov wrote: > Assume I want to publish a longer article on a web page. > One of the paragraphs I want to display with an i...

<pre> versus <code> white-space:pre; when pasting
Greetings, Consider the XHTML document attached at the end of this post. When viewed under Firefox 1.0.5 on Linux, highlighting and pasting (into a text editor) the <pre> tag listing will preserve formatting (white space and line feeds). However, this is not true when doing the same with the <code> tag listing (it will all be pasted on one line with multiple successive spaces treated as a single space) despite the fact that "white-space:pre;" was invoked via CSS. Is this considered correct behavior? Do other browsers generally behave in this way? If ...

announce: di-4.39a with tcl interface pre-release
Download: http://gentoo.com/di/di-4.39a.tar.gz Build: make -e tcl-sh di is a disk information utility ( http://gentoo.com/di/ ). It is written in portable C. There are not many operating systems where it can't be built (Though very old or no bourne shell will need a manual configuration). I have recoded di so that a Tcl interface can be built. The command is run exactly like it would be on the command line. puts [diskspace -f SMpT /] The only difference in the Tcl interface is the defaults are changed to output as tab separated CSV and no header line. This is a ver...

PEP440 and pre-releases
So I am super enthused about the acceptance of PEP440 since it provides some useful structure to the version attribute. I am trying to reconcile its usage with my release cycle and ran into a snag. The release cycle that I use is pretty simple. 1. A final release version (e.g., 1.1, 1.0.3) is represented by a tag in the SCM (currently git) 2. Development releases are incremental additions to the last release version but are not necessarily API compatible. They are released internally when changes are merged into "master". 3. The next "final release"...

SW2006 Pre Release
With the ultimate release of SW coming quickly have any of you that track your SPRs seen a flurry of notices saying that they were resolved? I know it takes a few weeks, but being in Pre Release should mean that any old SPRs would be sent notices by now. TOP wrote: > With the ultimate release of SW coming quickly have any of you that > track your SPRs seen a flurry of notices saying that they were > resolved? I know it takes a few weeks, but being in Pre Release should > mean that any old SPRs would be sent notices by now. > Don't count on it. Probably the only notice abo...

R2016a pre release hangs
Hi, I have been trying to work with R2016a pre release for sometime now. The version keeps hanging if I try to delete files from Matlab directly. The version also hangs while trying to load or build models. The only way I can use it afterwards is to kill the application and start all over again. Any idea why would that be? Can we expect R2016a release to be free from all these issues? "Nitya Gupta" <gupta_nitya_k@cat.com> wrote in message news:n7nemb$jbi$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > Hi, > > I have been trying to work with R2016a pre release for ...

pre-newbie
I downloaded the google tool and soap 1.2 I do alot of html,rss, but I can't find a place to start with this it doesn't go on a html page, tried that, soap has no *.exe to start it, I want to run searches on google and collect results, beyond google limited 1,000 results. Sorry about the level of this question but I have no idea where to start. Or how this goes together, If I can just get a start on how this works I think I can figure it out. B ...

Pre-Announcement: NASA_Ames format reader
I have to read files in NASA Ames (ASCII) formats at described by http://cloud1.arc.nasa.gov/solve/archiv/archive.tutorial.html . I couldn't find any module doing this, so I wrote one myself. Having read the PAUSE documentation, here are the questions to the group: Might this module be useful to others? (I guess, yes, it would have been useful at least for me) Does there already exist another module doing this task? (I couldn't find any.) Is the NASA_Ames namespace okay? (It might be to large, and people of the NASA Ames research center could get angry. Or is this no problem? W...

Pre login
Hi I am getting following error while using quartz API CGDisplayCurrentMode(kCGDirectMainDisplay) on MacOS10.5 before Loging. it works fine on 10.4 3891612: (CGSLookupServerRootPort) Untrusted apps are not allowed to connect to or launch Window Server before login. 4/2/08 8:35:13 AM IP15Driver_v2[98] kCGErrorRangeCheck : On-demand launch of the Window Server is allowed for root user only. 4/2/08 8:35:13 AM IP15Driver_v2[98] kCGErrorRangeCheck : Set a breakpoint at CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are returned if i comment above API then no error occur. What may be the problem ? p2 In article <0ad907f3-4016-4d54-8256-d182d92781cd@i36g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, p2 <pradip.patel@einfochips.com> wrote: > Hi > > I am getting following error while using quartz API > CGDisplayCurrentMode(kCGDirectMainDisplay) > on MacOS10.5 before Loging. it works fine on 10.4 > > 3891612: (CGSLookupServerRootPort) Untrusted apps are not allowed to > connect to or launch Window Server before login. > 4/2/08 8:35:13 AM IP15Driver_v2[98] kCGErrorRangeCheck : On-demand > launch of the Window Server is allowed for root user only. > 4/2/08 8:35:13 AM IP15Driver_v2[98] kCGErrorRangeCheck : Set a > breakpoint at CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are > returned > > if i comment above API then no error occur. > What may be the problem ? The problem may be that the app is still n...

VO 2.7b pre-release
Delegates of the Devcon Europe 2004 are happy to find a version of the 2.7b patch on their conference CD. Brian states that he intends to release the patch in Public in two or three weeks. He expects no substancial changes anymore and feels confident this build addresses most, if not all urgent issues. A lot of work has been done in the area of the Visual Source Safe integration, which should allow people to rely on that aspect now. Just thought you all would be interested to know this important news from Devcon Europe 2004. Ed Richard Sorry for this double post, it w...

VO2.7b pre-release #2
Hi All, I have started a new thread so that all who are interested in this subject would see my post. We realise that you are all waiting for the B patch and we promise that it will not be long now. I think it was Malcolm Gray who said that, in his experience the documentation is the last thing to be done and in this instance he is correct. I am still checking that everything is included and that the things we say we have fixed are actually fixed. The early release of the documentation would, in my opinion, only cause confusion over what has and has not been addressed in t...

Pre-emption
I am attempting to put together a simple pre-emption system but it isn't working. First, I'll show you some code and then I'll say what is going wrong. .init ; set up stack SWI "OS_GetEnv" MOV R13, R1 ; <initialise as WIMP task> ; <poll with no action until event = 0; to clear startup events> MOV R0, #10 ; back in 10cs ADR R1, poll_code MOV R2, #0 ; don't care about R12 SWI "OS_CallAfter" B code_area_star...

pre-separated
What exactly does the term "pre-separated" mean? Also, How the heck do you guys make those fake email addresses in your posts (i.e. jomo@nospam.spamsucks.com)? Every single time I try to alter my email address in the My Account preferences it wants to send a confirmation email, which obviously won't work with a fakey. In article <25acc9c8.0410260927.51e2c900@posting.google.com>, brimac32@yahoo.com (bri775) wrote: > What exactly does the term "pre-separated" mean? Generally speaking, it means a color-separated PostScript or PDF file rather than a color-composite one. The "pre-" here doesn't really mean much -- it would be just as well to simply call these things color- separated. So for example, more and more, the normal practice is to make a color- composite PostScript file with whatever page-makeup app you use, convert that to PDF with Distiller, and deliver the resulting (composite) PDF to the printer, who will make the color-separations with some software other than the page-makeup app that you used. That might well be their RIP, or it might be a plug-in for Acrobat, or it might be something else. If instead, you make a color-separated PostScript file with your page- makeup app, convert that to PDF, and deliver the resulting (separated) PDF to the printer, some people will refer to that as "pre-separated." > Also, How the heck do you guys make those fake email addresses in your > posts (i.e. jomo@nosp...

Pre equalization
how to implement pre equalization in matlab. it is a spread spectrum technique in ofdm. please help me to implement this as fast as possible ...

pre teen
Look at this, is it legal? Little Pret**ns: http://doiop.com/numberonetube gallery pre teen model pre teen underwear nn pre teen galleries girl model pre teen pre teens pre teen girls pre teen webcam pre teen webcam dance pre teen flashers lil amber pre teen model ...

(PRE)ANNOUNCE: TkFX 0.0
TkFX is a potential successor to Swank. The Swank tookit is a Tk style inte= rface to the Java Swing widgets that works with JTcl. Together Swank and JT= cl are the Java analogs of Tcl and Tk. Swing, while it will probably be aro= und for quite a few years yet, is not likely to see much more development b= y Oracle. Most Java related GUI development by Oracle is now directed towar= ds Java FX. TkFX is currently an experiment in building a Java GUI tookit for JTcl base= d on JavaFX instead of Swing. Much of the code of Swank was written using J= Tcl scripts that generate Java code. I have begun changing that code to gen= erate Java code that uses the JavaFX API. As of 25 Oct 2011 the following Tk commands basically work: button, entry, = toplevel, grid, raise, lower, and wm. The bind command for mouse bindings = is working too. Also supported is a "webview" and "htmleditor" tool. The w= ebview command creates a JavaFX WebView widget, which itself embeds a WebKi= t based web viewer. The htmleditor command creates a widget for text editin= g, where the underlying text is HTML, based on the JavaFX HTMLEditor widget= .. Example at: http://wiki.tcl.tk/28803 TkFX is essentially at version 0.0. Source code will be released under the = BSD license as used by Tcl, JTcl and Swank, once I reach 0.1. I'll give a brief overview/demo of TkFX during my JTcl/Swank talk Wednesday= at the Tcl 2011 conference. cheers, Bruce ...

up/pre-up usage
Regarding my previous query on ethtool, due to the environment in use, it looks like the best way to solve my problem is to use up or preup in the interfaces file. Is anyone of you gurus familiar with the usage of these commands? I would consult my Linux Sys book, but, well.. it doesnt do me any good at home when I am at the office. TIA, Joe <joe.cipale@radisys.com> wrote in message news:1133903926.445320.51950@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com > Regarding my previous query on ethtool, due to the environment in use, > it looks like the best way to solve my problem is to use up or...

pre calculus
I have a problem and i cannot solve it using basic algebra. The teacher wont let us use calculus how do you solve this problem: Find the equations of a line through (4,-2)and at a perpendicular distance (p) of 2 units from the origin. nick roma : <SNIP wants help with his algebra homework. Some Hints: equation of sought line y=mx+c passes through 4,-2 => -2=4m+c Equation of a perpendicular line through origin y=-x/m Point of intersection of these two lines (Xi,Yi) is 2 units from origin => Xi*Xi+Yi*Yi=2*2 Solving for all these gives the solution: m=-4/3,c=10/3 and the one wh...

PRE and CISC
Hi I am wondering how compilers with aggressive PRE work for CISC compilers. CISC instruction sets provide addressing modes where the variable can be in symbolic form residing in memory. for example add a, b, c - Registers need not be allocated. Since PRE aims at trying to promote candidates into pseudo registers, the subsequent passes may not have the opportunity to realize the addressing mode (lets assume the addressing mode is sometimes beneficial over using registers) Two questions if somebody can help me find answers: 1. Are there any PRE algorithms that are aware of such addressing modes ? 2. if not, how else can the subsequent passes recover so that they can use these addressing modes? Any pointers ? thanks shrey On Jan 18, 5:22 am, shrey <shreya...@gmail.com> wrote: > Two questions if somebody can help me find answers: > 1. Are there any PRE algorithms that are aware of such addressing > modes ? In practice you have to use huristics to decide when any optimization is worthwhile. In the case of PRE you run the first half of the algorithm to identify the partially redundant expressions then only do the transformation if the expressions are more compilcated than the addressing modes supported on your machine. > 2. if not, how else can the subsequent passes recover so that they can > use these addressing modes? One example is rematerialization, which replaces register spill code with code to recompute the value at its use. ...

Pre-Publication Release of New Book
Folks, I am announcing today a pre-publication release of my new IDL book, Coyote's Guide to Traditional IDL Graphics, in PDF format. This is a draft release. Final book edits have not been made, there will be be typos, there will be bad page breaks, and the book currently does not have an index. This is primarily for those of you who have been hounding me to get something for sale. I do not yet know the final price of this book, but it will be more than the pre-publication price of $49.95. Purchase now, and you will get a final PDF version whenever it is available. (March 2...

eGenix Partner Network (Pre-Announcement)
Hello, we are currently looking into setting up a partner network of companies interested and able to sell and support our products with a more regional focus than we can deliver. The idea is to provide customers with a closer and more direct contact for first level support. Network partners should be able to do projects using or based on eGenix products and maintain a proper customer relationship in their native language. If you are interested in joining the network, please contact us or, even better, arrange a meeting at EuroPython or PyCon UK with us to discuss the details. We will be m...

Web resources about - [ANNOUNCE] wxAda (pre-pre-pre-pre-release) - comp.lang.ada