[gnuada] Help needed for MS-Windows version

Hello,

The GNU Ada project needs some help from experienced Ada MinGW users.
Alltrue we have tried we to produce a working MS-Windows Version it did not
work out

So here is our call for help. If you are interested you can start by looking
on how far we came:

http://gnuada.sourceforge.net/pmwiki.php/Install/MS-Windows

Join our discussions on:

Or get right down to it by donloading the current make scripts:

http://sourceforge.net/svn/?group_id=12974

and try them out.

Martin
--
mailto://krischik@users.sourceforge.net
krischik (1357)

Need help with help need
Friends and wormbots: I am looking for some intrepid souls to try out and comment on a perl script I wrote. (What, perl in SAS-L and it's not David Cassell ?) The script takes the SAS help files apart and does some analysis (orphans, linkrot and duplicates) and inserts back links. What do back links do ? It ensures every page in the help system has a link to every page that links to it. (Actually only the the subset of the help system represented by the modules you choose to play with [there are over 140 help modules]) 1,000 lines of perl that sprouted out of a two line seed (or should...

Help: windows 2000 and joystick need help
Hello guys, I have a SoudBlaster Live 5.1 correctly configured under windows 2000 professional service pack 3. I have a analog joystick connected to the gameport of the sound card. The joystick is a simple, generic, un-branded, 2 axis with 2 buttons. I open the control panel, joystick and I choose 2 axis - 2 buttons joystick. Windows asks me the driver for this input device. Strange that windows ME doesn't ask for the driver: it accepts the periferal and all works. With the joystick there wasn't a disk with the driver... so.. my problem is.. which driver I have to give to windows 200...

Need Urgent help:Version 8 to Version 9
Hi all, I was wondering if someone can help me with this issue.I created the transport files of some datasets which were created in version 8.0 in SAS.I wanted to copy them to Version 9.And some how it is not working.I used CPORT and CIMPORT .SAS 9 is not able to open them. Can someone help..... Mona __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com Try this it might work. libname xpt xport 'yourtransfile.xpt'; proc copy in=xpt out=work ; run; Cheers -ag On 10/7/06, monal ...

I have a windows me laptop and I need to install windows 95. help please!
Hello, I have a running windows me laptop that I am testing with and need to be able to install 95. Is there a way I can do this? Yes, you can erase the disk (fdisk), and then do a clean install of 95. I'm pretty sure that would be the best way. Keep in mind that you are going backwards in operating systems, so you will loose data. I hope this helps. Peace!!! ...

Re: Need Urgent help:Version 8 to Version 9
Dear SAS-L-ers, Monal Kohli posted the following: > I was wondering if someone can help me with this > issue.I created the transport files of some datasets > which were created in version 8.0 in SAS.I wanted to > copy them to Version 9.And some how it is not > working.I used CPORT and CIMPORT .SAS 9 is not able to > open them. > > Can someone help..... > Monal, somebody probably will, but it won't be me. I'm about to leave SAS Mecca for home for the weekend, and will not see your reply to this posting until Monday morning. But, others undoubtedly will....

HELP: need to customize the size of the window.open window for different links
Hi - thanks for reading this out there! I'll be quick about it: I've got this row of images (in the end there will be more rows of pics as well). When a user clicks on the image, I want a new window to open with a larger version of the image. I want that new window to be customized to the size of the new larger image. Also, when users go back to see other images in their larger size, I want the new window (assuming they never closed the first one) to come back to the front. I've only gotten as far as getting the larger images to open in a new window at a set size in the functi...

Re: Need Urgent help:Version 8 to Version 9 #4 1557057
Try this it might work. libname xpt xport 'yourtransfile.xpt'; proc copy in=xpt out=work ; run; Cheers -ag On 10/7/06, monal kohli <k_monal_99@yahoo.com> wrote: > > Hi all, > I was wondering if someone can help me with this > issue.I created the transport files of some datasets > which were created in version 8.0 in SAS.I wanted to > copy them to Version 9.And some how it is not > working.I used CPORT and CIMPORT .SAS 9 is not able to > open them. > > Can someone help..... > > > Mona > > __________________________________________________ > Do You Yahoo!? > Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around > http://mail.yahoo.com > ...

Help! Window user needs help installing ruby 1.9 on mac
I just purchased a new macbook pro and would like to install ruby 1.9, but I'm having trouble installing, can someone please provide the easiest steps to install ruby 1.9 please? Thanks -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. [Note: parts of this message were removed to make it a legal post.] Install macports. Then: sudo port install ruby19 Should do it. Ben On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 6:55 AM, Zayd Connor <devrubygem@gmail.com> wrote: > I just purchased a new macbook pro and would like to install ruby 1.9, > but I'm having trouble installing, can someone please prov...

Re: Need Urgent help:Version 8 to Version 9 #4 674797
Dear SAS-L-ers, Mona posted the following in reply to my suggestion to provide more information about the problem at hand: > > Thanks Michael ,I was able to fix it. > > Mona, you are quite welcome! I am _VERY_ glad that you fixed your problem. However, it would be helpful to fellow SAS-L-ers if you posted what the problem actually turned out to be and how you fixed it. It could very well turn out that some hapless person in SAS-L-landia hits the very same issue in the next week or so. Then, that person would think "Oh, yea, I remember this problem from the 'L, and M...

need help with windows
Hello, I need do the following on win98 - xp/2003: 1: exe's , taken care of with start kit or activetcl are there any others. I think I can wrap dlls into the exe, if I cannot what is a good install maker program? 2: http, taken care of with tcllib 3: https, no clue yet, is there a libcurl for tcl binary anywhere I do not have a C compoler on my windows box 4: LDAP, what is the prefered lib to use on win32? I saw a wrapper for netscapes ldap dll or should I use something else? my preference would be to use libcurl with ldap and ssl support. Sorry for the sannoying questions but google did not quite do it this time and I have a 2-3 week window to get it done. I need to get my windows ignorance worked on. Thanks marc On Sat, 20 Dec 2003, Marc Spitzer wrote: > 2: http, taken care of with tcllib > 3: https, no clue yet, is there a libcurl for tcl binary anywhere > I do not have a C compoler on my windows box http://tls.sourceforge.net has Windows binaries of the tls package, which enables the http package to do https. Michael "Michael A. Cleverly" <michael@cleverly.com> writes: > On Sat, 20 Dec 2003, Marc Spitzer wrote: > > > 2: http, taken care of with tcllib > > 3: https, no clue yet, is there a libcurl for tcl binary anywhere > > I do not have a C compoler on my windows box > > http://tls.sourceforge.net has Windows binaries of the tls package, which > enables the http pac...

Please Help Me Guys! Need lang..it will be a pleasure and i'd be very thankful if you gotta help on this one guys!
you are going to create a more specialized Taxi Meter that contains additio= nal information for non-air and aircon taxies. Your task is to extend the T= axiMeter class that was implemented in the previous question. Add some attr= ibutes and methods that you think are needed for a non-air and aircon Taxi = records. Try to override some existing methods in the superclass TaxiMeter,= if you really need to. The following describe the billing for Non-air and = Aircon Taxi. NON-AIRCON Flag Down P 26.00 For every 400 meters P 1.00 For every 1.5 minutes waiting P 1.00 AIRCON Flag Down P 30.00 For every 400 meters P 1.50 For every 1.0 minutes waiting P 1.50 Try to modify the TaxiMeter class to create getAmount() abstract method. Th= is is a method for calculating the total amount to be paid. Below are the f= ormulas: totalAmount =3D amountOnWait + amountOnDistanceTravelled amountOnWait =3D increments if waitingMinuteToIncrement is satisfied amountOnDistanceTravelled =3D incrementRate * (distanceTRavelled /increment= ableDistance) Write two of its subclasses, the Non-air and Aircon. You can add additional= methods to its subclass if you want to. Kevin Espardinez wrote: > you are going to create a more specialized Taxi Meter that contains addit= ional information for non-air and aircon taxies. Your task is to extend the= TaxiMeter class that was implemented in the previous question. Add some at= tributes and methods that you think are needed for a non...

Need help with help
Running GIMP 2.6.7 on 32-bit Gentoo linux I know about RTFM, but clicking on "Help" is futile. Step 1) I get an error box that says... > help Messge > Could not open 'http://docs.gimp.org/2.6/en/gimp-help.xml' > for reading: Operation not supported > Perhaps you are missing GIO backends and need to install GVFS What is it talking about? Step 2) I open up that URL with Firefox 3.0.14 and I get a bunch of gibberish like,,, This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below. <gimp-help> <help-item id="gimp-main" ref="index.html" title="GNU Image Manipulation Program" parent=""/> <help-item id="preface" ref="preface.html" title="Preface" parent="gimp-main"/> <help-item id="gimp-team" ref="preface.html#gimp-team" title="1. GIMP User Manual Authors and Contributors" parent="preface"/> <help-item id="getting-started" ref="getting-started.html" title="I. Getting Started" parent="gimp-main"/> <help-item id="introduction" ref="introduction.html" title="1. Introduction" parent="getting-started"/> <help-item id="introduction-gimp" ref="introduction.html#introduction-gimp" title="1. Welcome to GIMP"...

MS Access
I need a quick help regarding MS Access reports. Let me explain the scenario in my report with an example: Total marks scored by students in a various level. I have ordered it according to the level first. For the level I have a group header. Under a particular level I have ordered it according to the section. I have not introduced a group header for section. Now I need to calculate the total marks of the students on the particular section and also at the particular level. ---------------------- Level: 1 ---------------------- Section A 1) Student 1 � Mark 2) Student 2 � Mark 3) Student 3 � Mark Total: ------- Section B 1) Student 1 � Mark 2) Student 2 � Mark 3) Student 3 � Mark Total: ------- ----------------------- Total Marks at the Level: -------- ----------------------- Calculating the total marks for the level is not a problem as there is group header. But calculating the total marks for the section is now a problem. I cannot use a group header for the section as it is making changes in my logic. I have set the section text box to hide the duplicate values. So it appears like a header. How should I calculate the total marks for the session? Can I write a VBA script that makes this work like footer? Could anybody help me on this? Jack, This is *so* much a data warehouse problem. Your grain of fact is each assignment for a student, session (date a section met), section, class, term and classroom. Your dimensions are at a minimum student,...

Help needed for ada package
To anyone interested, I very urgently need this ada 95 package written for me and I am willing to pay anyone for their time. Here is the specification; The is supposed to be a basic database to monitor a group of made up citizens and their badness rating. generic type ID is (<>); --some discrete type to be put here package POP is --update database type Rating is new Integer range 0..255; procedure Rate (Citizen : in ID; Badness : in Rating); procedure Associate (Citizen_1, Citizen_2 : in ID); --query the database function Most_Dangerous return ID; function Next_Member return ID; function More_In_Group return Boolean; --administrative procedure reset; end POP; You cannot change this specification in any way other than to insert the appropriate type for ID; As you can see this is supposed to be a database package, it should not however do any input or output to the screent as the GUI is being designed by someone else. Rate is supposed to enter a citizen with his/her ID (integer) and their badness (integer) into the database. Associate is used to tell the database two citizens are associated to be in the same group. Most_Dangerous is supposed to return the citizen with the highest badness rating. This function can do anything if the database is empty. Next_Member reports a previously unreported member of the group to which the most dangerous citizen belongs. This function can do anything if the there are no more un...

MS Acces help needed
Someone knows how to drop this big difficulty?? A Data Base in MS-Access 2002, condivided with multiple client, had link failure with a client. From this time until now, none can open the file because it appear following message (translation from italian): <<Microsoft Jet Manager stops working because another client want to modify same data.>> If I don't find how to overcome this problem and I can open again the file, I loose part of my Data Base. This is a big damage for me and it is not a good advertising for Microsoft packages. Can I open with other Data Base or Packages the file and repair it? Which is the best? Thank You very much Alberto Is the .ldb file still exist even though no one is in the database? This happens to us once in a while when a network error occur. We would get a message saying that the database is read-only. If that is the case then try the following: -Close all connections to this database. -From the a Windows server machine, click on Start, Run, then type in srvmgr, then Click OK. This should open the Server Manager utility with a list of computers on the network. -Double click on the server name where the data resides. -Click on In Use. Another window will appear showing you a list of open resources. -Look in the Path column for the name of your database. If you see any open resource for the database, then highlight the line and click on Close Resource until all resources for that ...

Need Help on Windows Router!!!!!
I have the following three computers plugged on the same hub ComputerA Windows 2000 Professional 172.16.1.2 ComputerB Windows 2000 Server 172.16.1.1 Realtek Inteface 10.1.1.1 Winbond Interface ComputerC Windows 2000 professional 10.1.1.2 I have enabled IP Forwarding on ComputerB and I have set the following Static Route on ComputerB Destination Network Mask Gateway Interface 172.16.0.0 255.255.0.0 172.16.1.1 Realtek Connection 10.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 10.1.1.1 Winbond Connection When I tried to ping from 172.16.1.2 to 10.1.1.2, it said Destination Unreachable ANY Suggestions Are Greatly Appreciated. tsaolimkei@gmail.com wrote: > I have the following three computers plugged on the same hub > > ComputerA Windows 2000 Professional > 172.16.1.2 > > ComputerB Windows 2000 Server > 172.16.1.1 Realtek Inteface > 10.1.1.1 Winbond Interface > > ComputerC Windows 2000 professional > 10.1.1.2 > > I have enabled IP Forwarding on ComputerB > and I have set the following Static Route on ComputerB > > Destination Network Mask Gateway Interface > 172.16.0.0 255.255.0.0 172.16.1.1 Realtek Connection > 10.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 10.1.1.1 Winbond Connection > > When I tried to ping from 172.16.1.2 to 10.1.1.2, it said Destination > Unreachable > > ANY Suggestions Are Greatly Appreciated. What is the default route on ComputerA? It should have a default route of ComputerB...

windows scripting help needed.
Hi i wana some help on windows scripting i want to run the script that changes the ip address and the MAC ADDRESS that's the network address on the excution of the script i have found the script that can edit ip address automaticaly but i cant find out the script to change MAC ADDRESS. below i have provided the script for changing the ip on it's execution can any one add the string for changing or ADDING and MAC ADDRESS where ther's no value specified such as option is NOT PRESENT. The Script below Sets the IP address of a computer to 192.168.1.141, and sets the IP gateway to 192....

Need the MS-DOS version
Hi everybody I can't find the MS-DOS version of MUMPS source. Who know the MS-DOS version of MUMPS program ? -- Best Regards - Jae Yong, Lee ------------------------------------------------ HanSeo University Dept. of Internet Engineering 360 Daegok-Ri, Haemi-Myon, Seosan City, Chungnam Associate Professor Lee Jae Yong Ph.D. Tel : 041) 660-1363 FAX : 041) 660-1119 E-mail : jylee@hanseo.ac.kr Messenger : dovejlee@hotmail.com ------------------------------------------------ Lee wrote: > I can't find the MS-DOS version of MUMPS source. Do you mean "source code" or "supplier"? > Who knows the MS-DOS version of MUMPS program? There were many. MS-DOS was probably the most widely supported OS to date. ...

Help needed in migrating from Windows
The code snippet below prints out a bilingual dictionary of mine into MSWord. The dictionary entries are in an XML file that I edit with VIM. The Perl script parses the file, processes and sorts the data and puts it in a data structure of paragraphs composed of pieces of text with formatting instructions (I may add more options in the future). I can also print out plain text or html with similar routines. The Word output has the advantage of allowing me to add page numbers and insert an introduction etc easily. I would like to migrate this to Linux (I have XP / SuSE 9.1 dual boot on my ...

window event help needed !
i would like my current window to go to a URL when the window is closed from window manager (X button on the title bar can someone please help ? Mel said: > >i would like my current window to go to a URL when the window is closed from >window manager (X button on the title bar > >can someone please help ? Your request doesn't make sense. Since the window *will be closed*, how can it go to an URL? If you're asking how to prevent the user from closing the window, that's just incredibly rude and so decent browsers will not allow it. Lee wrote: > Mel said: ...

help!help!help!help!
I am a student.I am going to make a simulation of a robot (FANUC Robot M-16iB) under the matlab\simulink environment . It is a normal 6DOF robot.I want to realize any angle and any speed (under the max speed) and any position and orientation control. As I just starting to do this new field,I have no experience about it. Can you give me some simulation demo or examples for 6DOF robot? I am very eager to get these.Please write back to me as soon as possible,thank you! Sincerely, Connie&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288; zhanglijuan920@sohu.c...

Help needed on this 857W config. Repost to be clearer what the problems are and the help needed
Hi, Please see below config for my 857W. The basic topology is that I have one cisco857W and various servers and internal wired and wireless clients on the 192.168.0.0 255.255.255.0 network. There are a number of services running on the local lan, DNS and DHCP is also provided by a local server on the same subnet as the router. The 857W router sits on address 192.168.0.254 and needs to act as the local gateway for both wired and wireless clients. With this config booted on the router, the wireless clients can connect and authenticate and get allocated the correct DHCP information and ...

OT: Need help with this Windows task
Not really sure where to get a quick honest answer to my problem, so I thought I might as well ask my fellow Commodore users first. Is there a quick way to automate a very simple task in Windows, namely to constantly check a pixel of the screen for a change to a specific color, and then automate a mouse click into a different area of the screen. This has to be done more or less in real time (as soon as the colour changes the mouse click has to be done in the same or next video refresh cycle.) Checked a few small utilities, some can grab a pixel's colour and some are great at automating ...

Help needed for Clarion for Windows 3
Hello, Years ago I wrote an application in Clarion for Windows 3. I want to include a variable in the caption of a window but I can't find how to do this in the help files. Can this be done and what would the correct syntax be ? Thanks in advance, Kind regards, Try window_name{prop:text} = 'Your text' Harry Hugo COX wrote: > Hello, > > Years ago I wrote an application in Clarion for Windows 3. > I want to include a variable in the caption of a window but I can't find how > to do this in the help files. > > Can this be done and what would the ...

Web resources about - [gnuada] Help needed for MS-Windows version - comp.lang.ada

MS Windows 10 - 24/7 Wall St.
Microsoft Windows 10 operating system OS software

MS Windows 8.1 RTM and VS 2013 RC Available to Developers
Microsoft's call to build and test your apps for Windows 8.

MS Windows NT Kernel-mode User and GDI White Paper
Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 and Windows NT Server 4.0 include a change in the implementation of Win32 graphics-related application programming ...

MS Windows Live Essentials rides new wave
The beta of Microsoft's latest update of its free Windows Live Essentials line of online applications which Microsoft calls Wave 4 was recently ...

MS Windows Chief: I Wasn't Fired, I Quit, and I'll Take on Microsoft
Steven Sinofsky, Microsoft's longtime Windows executive, shocked many in the tech community when he stepped down on Monday night. In a memo ...