ANN: GCC 4.9.0 for Mac OS X Mavericks

GCC 4.9.0, with the GNAT GPL 2013 tools, is available at
https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuada/files/GNAT_GCC%20Mac%20OS%20X/4.9.0/

There will be another release when GNAT GPL 2014 appears.

This is the README:

This is GCC 4.9.0 built for Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9.2, Darwin
13.1.0), with Xcode 5.1.1.

gcc-4.9.0-x86_64-apple-darwin13-01.tar.bz2

Compilers included: Ada, C, C++, Objective C, Objective C++, Fortran.

Tools included: ASIS, AUnit, GPRbuild, XMLAda from GNAT GPL 2013 and
GNATColl from the public Subversion repository.

Target: x86_64-apple-darwin13
Configured with: ../gcc-4.9.0/configure \
  --prefix=/opt/gcc-4.9.0 \
  --disable-multilib \
  --disable-nls \
  --enable-languages=c,c++,ada,fortran,objc,obj-c++ \
  --host=x86_64-apple-darwin13 \
  --target=x86_64-apple-darwin13 \
  --build=x86_64-apple-darwin13
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.9.0 (GCC)

MD5 (gcc-4.9.0-x86_64-apple-darwin13-01.tar.bz2) = 74229b5339324cd7ef7bbaab0316c4bb

Install by
=======

$ cd /
$ sudo tar jxvf ~/Downloads/gcc-4.9.0-x86_64-apple-darwin13-01.tar.bz2

and put /opt/gcc-4.9.0/bin first on your PATH.

Notes
=====

The compiler is GPL verson 3 with the Runtime Exception, so
executables built with it can be released on proprietary terms
PROVIDED THAT they make no use of the the packages from GNAT GPL 2013,
which are full GPL.

The command 'gnat', as originally build, failed with SIGSEGV. It was
rebuilt on its own, using the project file gnatcmd.gpr, and no longer
failed; the working version is provided.

Changes made to GPRbuild GPL 2013 are in gprbuild-2013-src.diff. They:
* remove the '-c' flag that is wrongly passed to ranlib (and isn't by gnatmake).
* correct a problem when building static stand-alone libraries.

GNATColl GPL 2013 wouldn't build. Instead, GNATColl (SVN revision
226851) was configured as below, which is minimal apart from GNU
Readline being enabled. Users may wish to reconfigure for their own
requirements.

  ./configure \
    --prefix=/opt/gcc-4.9.0 \
    --build=x86_64-apple-darwin13 \
    --enable-gpl

resulting in

  Shared libraries:       yes (default: static)
  Gtk+:                   no (requires pkg-config and gtkada.gpr)
  Python:                 yes /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7 (see --with-python)
  PyGtk:                  no  (see --enable-pygtk)
  PyGObject:              no (see --enable-pygobject)
  Syslog:                 yes (see --enable-syslog)
  Readline (GPL license): yes (see --with-readline --enable-gpl)
  gmp:                    no (see --with-gmp)
  PostgreSQL:             no -L/usr/lib (see --with-postgresql)
  Sqlite:                 embedded  (see --with-sqlite)
  Iconv:                  yes (see --with-iconv)
  Projects:               yes

Changes to ASIS GPL 2013 are in asis-gpl-2013-src-4.9.0.diff. Only
changes necessary for the build are included.

In addition to the above, a new library gnat_util is required by ASIS
and GNATColl. A Sourceforge project to provide this has been set up at
https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnatutil/; release 4.9.0 is included
here. This is the equivalent of the Debian libgnatvsn.
0
Simon
4/30/2014 9:12:08 AM
comp.lang.ada 8774 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

On Wednesday, April 30, 2014 4:12:08 AM UTC-5, Simon Wright wrote:
> GCC 4.9.0, with the GNAT GPL 2013 tools, is available at
>
>   ./configure \
>     --prefix=/opt/gcc-4.9.0 \
>     --build=x86_64-apple-darwin13 \
>     --enable-gpl

Does anyone know of analogous work for releasing GCC 4.9.0 & its GNAT for iOS ARM development?
0
Dan
5/1/2014 4:00:27 AM
On Wednesday, April 30, 2014 11:00:27 PM UTC-5, Dan'l Miller wrote:

> Does anyone know of analogous work for releasing GCC 4.9.0 & its GNAT for iOS ARM development?

Here is how I understand to develop iOS apps partially in Ada:
0) Install Xcode on Mac.
1) Install Apple's Command-Line Tools from http://developer.apple.com/downloads
2) Install Homebrew
3) Install Homebrew's gcc49.rb on Mac.
4) Cross-compile nonGUI Ada source code to Cortex-A9 (Apple A5), ARMv7 (Apple A6), ARMv8a (Apple A7).
5) Cross-compile glue(-to-Ada) source code and GUI source code in Xcode/LLVM Objective-C or Objective-C++ to same ARM instruction-set.
6) Link the Objective-C[++] and Ada object files together to produce executable for iOS.  Should this step use Xcode's LLVM linker or GCC's linker?
7) Debug GUI & glue in Xcode's debugger for most recent Objective-C[++] features.  Debug Ada source code in GNAT's debugger for Ada symbol support.

The keyword here truly is homebrew.  Does anyone have any better technique?  Does anyone know of a better-supported Ada development environment for cross-compiling to iOS?
0
Dan
5/5/2014 1:01:01 AM
"Dan'l Miller" <optikos@verizon.net> writes:

> 6) Link the Objective-C[++] and Ada object files together to produce
> executable for iOS.  Should this step use Xcode's LLVM linker or GCC's
> linker?

I don't know if this is relevant, but all the native GNATs I've come
across/built use Apple's binary tools. (well, I see there are gcc-ar,
gcc-nm, gcc-ranlib ...)
0
Simon
5/5/2014 7:38:34 PM
On Tuesday, May 6, 2014 2:44:14 AM UTC+8, Dan'l Miller wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 30, 2014 11:00:27 PM UTC-5, Dan'l Miller wrote:
>

> > Does anyone know of analogous work for releasing GCC 4.9.0 & its GNAT for iOS ARM development?
>

> Here is how I understand to develop iOS apps partially in Ada:
>
> 0) Install Xcode on Mac.
>
> 1) Install Apple's Command-Line Tools from http://developer.apple.com/downloads
>
> 2) Install Homebrew
>
> 3) Install Homebrew's gcc49.rb on Mac.
>
> 4) Cross-compile nonGUI Ada source code to Cortex-A9 (Apple A5), ARMv7 (Apple A6), ARMv8a (Apple A7).
>
> 5) Cross-compile glue(-to-Ada) source code and GUI source code in Xcode/LLVM Objective-C or Objective-C++ to same ARM instruction-set.
>
> 6) Link the Objective-C[++] and Ada object files together to produce executable for iOS.  Should this step use Xcode's LLVM linker or GCC's linker?
>
> 7) Debug GUI & glue in Xcode's debugger for most recent Objective-C[++] features.  Debug Ada source code in GNAT's debugger for Ada symbol support.
>

> The keyword here truly is homebrew.  Does anyone have any better technique?  Does anyone know of a better-supported Ada development environment for cross-compiling to iOS?

I try port my Ada SDL game to iphone, and found clang is the only way, so you can't use Ada develop app for ios. Some open source projects hack other languages (such as golang, haskell) work on jailbroken iphone, but i don't think that fit your desire.
0
kylix
5/6/2014 10:08:39 AM
On Tuesday, May 6, 2014 5:08:39 AM UTC-5, kylix wrote:

> I try port my Ada SDL game to iphone, and found clang is the only way, so=
 you can't use Ada develop
> app for ios. Some open source projects hack other languages (such as gola=
ng, haskell) work on
> jailbroken iphone, but i don't think that fit your desire.

What was the blocking obstacle that you could not fix regarding linking Cla=
ng-compiled Objective-C or Objective-C++ with GCC-compiled Ada?  (I am not =
interested in fully replacing Clang-compiled Objective-C[++] for iOS's UI w=
ith Ada--only using Ada the way that Apple recommends using C++ with Object=
ive-C++ as invoked by Objective-C[++].)
0
Dan
5/6/2014 11:06:11 AM
On Tuesday, May 6, 2014 7:06:11 PM UTC+8, Dan'l Miller wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 6, 2014 5:08:39 AM UTC-5, kylix wrote:
>=20
> >
>=20
> > I try port my Ada SDL game to iphone, and found clang is the only way, =
so you can't use Ada develop
>=20
> > app for ios. Some open source projects hack other languages (such as go=
lang, haskell) work on
>=20
> > jailbroken iphone, but i don't think that fit your desire.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> What was the blocking obstacle that you could not fix regarding linking C=
lang-compiled Objective-C or Objective-C++ with GCC-compiled Ada?  (I am no=
t interested in fully replacing Clang-compiled Objective-C[++] for iOS's UI=
 with Ada--only using Ada the way that Apple recommends using C++ with Obje=
ctive-C++ as invoked by Objective-C[++].

On Tuesday, May 6, 2014 7:06:11 PM UTC+8, Dan'l Miller wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 6, 2014 5:08:39 AM UTC-5, kylix wrote:
>=20
> >
>=20
> > I try port my Ada SDL game to iphone, and found clang is the only way, =
so you can't use Ada develop
>=20
> > app for ios. Some open source projects hack other languages (such as go=
lang, haskell) work on
>=20
> > jailbroken iphone, but i don't think that fit your desire.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> What was the blocking obstacle that you could not fix regarding linking C=
lang-compiled Objective-C or Objective-C++ with GCC-compiled Ada?  (I am no=
t interested in fully replacing Clang-compiled Objective-C[++] for iOS's UI=
 with Ada--only using Ada the way that Apple recommends using C++ with Obje=
ctive-C++ as invoked by Objective-C[++].)

I look at apple gcc 4.2 source, found apple make a lot patches to gcc sourc=
e code, so if we want to make new version gcc work around with iOS, too man=
y works need to do. I also try dragonegg, make it work on my macbook, but u=
nfortunely it does not support arm-apple-darwin target.
0
kylix
5/6/2014 3:03:57 PM
On Tuesday, May 6, 2014 10:03:57 AM UTC-5, kylix wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 6, 2014 7:06:11 PM UTC+8, Dan'l Miller wrote:
>
> > What was the blocking obstacle that you could not fix regarding linking=
 Clang-compiled Objective-C
> > or Objective-C++ with GCC-compiled Ada?  (I am not interested in fully =
replacing Clang-compiled
> > Objective-C[++] for iOS's UI with Ada--only using Ada the way that Appl=
e recommends using C++
> > with Objective-C++ as invoked by Objective-C[++].)
>=20
> I look at apple gcc 4.2 source, found apple make a lot patches to gcc sou=
rce code, so if we want to make
> new version gcc work around with iOS, too many works need to do. I also t=
ry dragonegg, make it work
> on my macbook, but unfortunely it does not support arm-apple-darwin targe=
t.

Does anyone know:

Of the patches that Apple made to GCC 4.2, how many are localized to Object=
ive-C, Objective-C++, C, and C++ front-ends?  (These would not affect linki=
ng Clang/LLVM-compiled code to GNAT-compiled libraries, other than the auto=
mated binding generation from C, which can be avoided for the time being.) =
 (Again, the focus here is linking Clang/LLVM-compiled Objective-C[++] obje=
ct-files for UI layers of an app to GNAT-compiled object-files for nonUI la=
yers of an app.)

Of the patches that Apple made to GCC 4.2, how many were to the back-end?  =
Of those, how many were never pulled forward (or ported) to the mainline of=
 GCC 4.3 and later?  Of those, how many were affecting only Intel-based Mac=
 proper, not the cross-compilation to ARM devices?   I suspect that this na=
rrowing of focus results in drastically fewer ARM-iOS patches that either n=
ever showed up in GCC 4.9 or that have undergone software-rot due to infreq=
uent use/maintenance since Apple switched to Clang/LLVM.

Mac(-proper) developers for Intel processors who use the GCC 4.8 & 4.9 GNAT=
 compiler (but who do not develop in GNAT for ARM-based devices) should hav=
e some feel for the stability of the drastically-post-4.2 GCC compiler rele=
ases for all the patches other than the ones specifically for arm-apple-dar=
win.  Any insights on these non-ARM patches, GNAT users on Intel-based Mac:=
  are drastically-post-4.2 GCC releases (especially GNAT releases) stable f=
or Ada-on-Mac development?
0
Dan
5/6/2014 5:52:46 PM
"Dan'l Miller" <optikos@verizon.net> writes:

> Mac(-proper) developers for Intel processors who use the GCC 4.8 & 4.9
> GNAT compiler (but who do not develop in GNAT for ARM-based devices)
> should have some feel for the stability of the drastically-post-4.2
> GCC compiler releases for all the patches other than the ones
> specifically for arm-apple-darwin.  Any insights on these non-ARM
> patches, GNAT users on Intel-based Mac: are drastically-post-4.2 GCC
> releases (especially GNAT releases) stable for Ada-on-Mac development?

I have no idea whether I qualify here; and I've never developed a Mac
app (ie, one with Apple GUI).

The problems I've encountered have been to do with exceptions
(changes/errors in stack unwinding on Darwin 10, which were fixed before
GCC 4.5 - I think) and an annoying one to do with ranlib -c (-c is
deprecated by Apple, and we managed to get it out of gnatmake, but it's
still there in gprbuild).

So, pretty stable.
0
Simon
5/6/2014 7:05:48 PM
Hello,

I did nearly same on native MacOS target with XCode and GNAT GPL.
See post messages on GNAT for Mac OS X User List
(http://hermes.gwu.edu/archives/gnat-osx.html):

- first progress status:
https://hermes.gwu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind1303&L=gnat-osx&F=&S=&P=68

- small example:
https://hermes.gwu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind1306&L=gnat-osx&F=&S=&P=67

HTH, Pascal.
http://blady.pagesperso-orange.fr

Le 05/05/2014 20:44, Dan'l Miller a �crit :
> On Wednesday, April 30, 2014 11:00:27 PM UTC-5, Dan'l Miller wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone know of analogous work for releasing GCC 4.9.0 & its GNAT for iOS ARM development?
>
> Here is how I understand to develop iOS apps partially in Ada:
> 0) Install Xcode on Mac.
> 1) Install Apple's Command-Line Tools from http://developer.apple.com/downloads
> 2) Install Homebrew
> 3) Install Homebrew's gcc49.rb on Mac.
> 4) Cross-compile nonGUI Ada source code to Cortex-A9 (Apple A5), ARMv7 (Apple A6), ARMv8a (Apple A7).
> 5) Cross-compile glue(-to-Ada) source code and GUI source code in Xcode/LLVM Objective-C or Objective-C++ to same ARM instruction-set.
> 6) Link the Objective-C[++] and Ada object files together to produce executable for iOS.  Should this step use Xcode's LLVM linker or GCC's linker?
> 7) Debug GUI & glue in Xcode's debugger for most recent Objective-C[++] features.  Debug Ada source code in GNAT's debugger for Ada symbol support.
>
> The keyword here truly is homebrew.  Does anyone have any better technique?  Does anyone know of a better-supported Ada development environment for cross-compiling to iOS?

0
Blady
5/8/2014 9:09:38 AM
On Thursday, May 8, 2014 4:09:38 AM UTC-5, Blady wrote:
> I did nearly same on native MacOS target with XCode and GNAT GPL.
> [...snip...]
> - first progress status:
> https://hermes.gwu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind1303&L=gnat-osx&F=&S=&P=68

Fascinating!  Which version of GCC did you use for this work in 2013?  Any further progress since then?
0
Dan
5/8/2014 6:10:24 PM
Blady <p.p11@orange.fr> writes:

> I did nearly same on native MacOS target with XCode and GNAT GPL.
> See post messages on GNAT for Mac OS X User List
> (http://hermes.gwu.edu/archives/gnat-osx.html):
>
> - first progress status:
> https://hermes.gwu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind1303&L=gnat-osx&F=&S=&P=68
>
> - small example:
> https://hermes.gwu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind1306&L=gnat-osx&F=&S=&P=67

The example works fine with 4.9.0; though the hex string in the middle
is different,

Bibli1.Affiche
00007FD58AC02400       <<<<
Classe01
Simon
5/11/2014 6:41:26 PM
Le 08/05/2014 20:10, Dan'l Miller a �crit :
> On Thursday, May 8, 2014 4:09:38 AM UTC-5, Blady wrote:
>> I did nearly same on native MacOS target with XCode and GNAT GPL.
>> [...snip...]
>> - first progress status:
>> https://hermes.gwu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind1303&L=gnat-osx&F=&S=&P=68
>
> Fascinating!  Which version of GCC did you use for this work in 2013?  Any further progress since then?

Thanks, I've used GNAT GPL 2013, though, as Simon said about GCC 4.9,
any compiler should be suitable.

Thus encouraged by these trails, I began to translate Objective-C
runtime and Cocoa API.
But some choices are not so evident, see:
https://hermes.gwu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind1304&L=gnat-osx&F=&S=&P=528

And there wasn't so much feedback :-(

However, the idea is challenging, if anyone is interested in, I began a
translator from Objective-C header to Ada.

Regards, Pascal.
http://blady.pagesperso-orange.fr

0
Blady
5/12/2014 1:01:01 AM
On Sunday, May 11, 2014 1:41:26 PM UTC-5, Simon Wright wrote:
> The example works fine with 4.9.0; though the hex string in the middle
> is different,

That is great news!
0
Dan
5/12/2014 3:33:35 AM
On Wednesday, April 30, 2014 5:12:08 AM UTC-4, Simon Wright wrote:

> The command 'gnat', as originally build, failed with SIGSEGV. It was
>
> rebuilt on its own, using the project file gnatcmd.gpr, and no longer
>
> failed; the working version is provided.

I could not get the work around using gprbuild to work on Mavericks 10.9.5. The gnat -v (specifying an invalid argument) still crashes. After many attempts have finally tracked this down.

One needs to pass --with-host-libstdcxx=-lstdc++ when configuring GCC. Gnat will no longer SIGSEGV after make install.

I used gnat-gpl-2014-x86_64-apple-darwin12.5.0 to build a recent 4.9 revision from the 4.9 branch.

svn export -r 216107 svn://gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc/branches/gcc-4_9-branch gcc-4.9-20141010

Remember to pass along --with-host-libstdcxx=-lstdc++ when configuring GCC. That's it.

Regards,
Mario

Notes: Some sites out there suggest running with LDFLAGS=-lgcc_eh make ...

That will work and the build process will seem to have succeeded. However, the gnat -v (testing an invalid argument) will still crash. Instead, --with-host-libstdcxx=-lstdc++ is needed when configuring GCC. -lgcc_eh is not necessary when building GCC.
0
marioeroy

ANN: GCC 4.9.0 (2014) for Max OS X Mavericks
GCC 4.9.0, with the GNAT GPL 2014 tools, is available at https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuada/files/GNAT_GCC%20Mac%20OS%20X/4.9.0-2014/ This is the README: This is GCC 4.9.0 built for Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9.2, Darwin 13.1.0), with Xcode 5.1.1 and tools from GNAT GPL 2014. gcc-4.9.0-x86_64-apple-darwin13-2014.tar.bz2 ============================================ Compilers included: Ada, C, C++, Objective C, Objective C++, Fortran. Tools included: ASIS, AUnit, GDB, GNATColl, GPRbuild, and XMLAda from GNAT GPL 2014. Target: x86_64-apple-darwin13 Configured with: ../gcc-...

ANN: GCC 4.9.1 for Mac OS X Mavericks and Yosemite
GCC 4.9.1 is available at https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuada/files/GNAT_GCC%20Mac%20OS%20X/4.9.1/ It was built on Mavericks and is compatible with Yosemite. The README: This is GCC 4.9.1 built for Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9.5, Darwin 13.5.0), with Xcode 6.0.1. gcc-4.9.1-x86_64-apple-darwin13.tar.bz2 ======================================= Compilers included: Ada, C, C++, Objective C, Objective C++, Fortran. Tools included: Full GPL: ASIS, AUnit, GDB, GNATColl, and GPRbuild from GNAT GPL 2014. GPL with Runtime Library Exception[1]: XMLAda from the public SVN ...

ANN: GCC 4.9.1 for Mac OS X Mavericks and Yosemite
GCC 4.9.1 is available at https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuada/files/GNAT_GCC%20Mac%20OS%20X/4.9.1/ It was built on Mavericks and is compatible with Yosemite. The README: This is GCC 4.9.1 built for Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9.5, Darwin 13.5.0), with Xcode 6.0.1. gcc-4.9.1-x86_64-apple-darwin13.tar.bz2 ======================================= Compilers included: Ada, C, C++, Objective C, Objective C++, Fortran. Tools included: Full GPL: ASIS, AUnit, GDB, GNATColl, and GPRbuild from GNAT GPL 2014. GPL with Runtime Library Exception[1]: XMLAda from the public SVN ...

[ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.13 (v13) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8)
Dear All, I've just released the newest version of Mac Graphviz, featuring shapefile support and enhanced zoom. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ Shapefiles supported include PDF, EPS, PS, JPEG, PNG and all Quicktime formats. Either specify an absolute or relative (to working directory) file path, or a URL using the shapefile attribute. Developers can now also use the graphviz.framework directly with #include headers in C e.g. using Xcode "Add Frameworks..."; documentation is available from the main Graphviz site -- http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz/libguide.pdf...

Hi all, Yet another Graphviz version. The old application icon had been voted off the island, and brand new application and document icons flown in for the task. Comprehensive help features in this version too. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ What's new: ------------ Added new application and document icons. Added comprehensive help. Fixed changes not affecting graph size displaying incorrectly [BTr]. Fixed export then close crashing the export of an open window. Improved shadowed frame for graph [NRi]. Improved status display [NRi]. Changed sources to pure BSD license. Cheers, Gl...

Dear All: Them pesky bugs. A few more squashed courtesy of the sleepy pixel. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ What's new in v11 ------------ Fixed some comprehensive help [NRi]. Fixed scale option placeholder [NRi]. Improved application and document icons. Example files now double-click to open in application. What's new in v12 ------------ Added layout option tooltips [NRi]. Fixed layout popup button changing wrong graph [MKe]. Clicking on warning icon now opens Activity window [NRi, AM]. Revert menu item now disabled. Cheers, Glen Low --- pixelglow software | simply brillian...

[ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8)
Hi all, It's been a busy week or two at Pixelglow Software. Here's a brand new version of Graphviz, all spit and polish now. You'll enjoy the integrated color and font panel support, hand cursor panning and remembered settings. And everyone's most asked for -- a single click on the Edit tool will now bring up the DOT code for you to edit, and of course when you save it the graph automatically re-renders. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/download/ Here's the lowdown: Added edit, render and stop toolbar items [PCh]. Added integrated font and color fields and panels. Adde...

GCC 4.0.1 on Mac OS X 10.3.9 (PPC)
Hi, I'll ask here if it is anyhow possible to get a more actual GCC compiler than the Nov'04 update Release on ADC ? ( gcc-3.3 (GCC) 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1671) ) I have trouble with a library that generates missing vtable entries, known to work with GCC 4.0.1 (build 5247) on a MacBook Pro. The code also works on a Windows Box. Could I propably get it from CVS on ADC and build it ? Thanks, Lothar "Lothar Behrens" <lothar.behrens@lollisoft.de> a �crit dans le message de news: 1193477548.089307.28220@v3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com.....

wxWidgets 2.6.3 on Intel Mac with OS X 10.0.4 (Tiger), gcc 4.0.1
Hello, I have recently started porting our application to Mac OS X. Application was developed for Microsoft Windows using wxWidgets. I have installed wxWidgets 2.6.3 on my Mac using darwinports system. Compilation completed successfully and without any warnings/errors. I am able to compile same programs included in library archive, but started application does not receive ANY user input - I am even unable to move application window. Program is stripped to bare bones: #include "wx/wx.h" #include <iostream> class MyApp : public wxApp { public: virtual boo...

Mac OS X 1.0 x86 and Mac OS X 10.4 x86
I wonder of OS X on Intel runs binaries made for Mac OS X Server 1.0 or earlier x86 versions of NEXTSTEP... There should be some interesting error messages to find. I'll try it out with OmniWeb 3 one day... -- Andrew J. Brehm Marx Brothers Fan PowerPC/Macintosh User Supporter of Chicken Sandwiches In article <1gxrpng.qcld42zk38uoN%ajbrehm@gmail.com>, ajbrehm@gmail.com (Andrew J. Brehm) wrote: > I wonder of OS X on Intel runs binaries made for Mac OS X Server 1.0 or > earlier x86 versions of NEXTSTEP... > > There should be some interesting error messages to find. &...

[ANN] XGP 0.4.0 released (Mac OS X GProlog IDE)
I am pleased to announce that XGP version 0.4.0 is now available at http://xgp.sourceforge.net/ XGP is an integrated development environment that extends gprolog to work with Cocoa under Macintosh OS X. It provides user interface and graphics facilities largely compatible with MacProlog32 by LPA. It requires Mac OS X version 10.2.3 or greater. Summary of the changes from version 0.3.4 to 0.4.0: It is now possible to create stand-alone applications using XGP that have full access to the user interface and graphics capabilities of XGP in addition to the capabilities of GNU Prolog. Als...

ANN: eGenix pyOpenSSL Distribution 0.8.1-0.9.8j now also for Mac OS X
________________________________________________________________________ ANNOUNCING eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution Version 0.8.1-0.9.8j An easy to install and use repackaged distribution of the pyOpenSSL Python interface for OpenSSL - available on Windows, Mac OS X and Unix platforms This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading: http://www.egenix.com/company/news/eGenix-pyOpenSSL-Distribution-0.8.1-0.9.8j-1-GA.html __________________________________________________________...

ANN: eGenix pyOpenSSL Distribution 0.8.1-0.9.8j now also for Mac OS X
________________________________________________________________________ ANNOUNCING eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution Version 0.8.1-0.9.8j An easy to install and use repackaged distribution of the pyOpenSSL Python interface for OpenSSL - available on Windows, Mac OS X and Unix platforms This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading: http://www.egenix.com/company/news/eGenix-pyOpenSSL-Distribution-0.8.1-0.9.8j-1-GA.html _________________________________________...

No djcross-gcc-x.x.x.tar.bz2 file for GCC 4.9.3 / 5.1.0?
Hello, There is no djcross-gcc-x.x.x.tar.gz2 file for GCC 4.9.3 and 5.1.0 . In http://www.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/rpms/djcross-gcc-4.9.3/ http://www.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/rpms/djcross-gcc-5.1.0/ There are only .rpm files. I have to use rpm2cpio to extract djcross-gcc-x.x.x.tar.bz2. But in directories for other versions : http://www.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/rpms/djcross-gcc-4.7.3/ http://www.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/rpms/djcross-gcc-4.8.4/ http://www.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/rpms/djcross-gcc-4.8.5/ http://www.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/rpms/djcross-gcc-4.9.2/ http://www.delor...

Web resources about - ANN: GCC 4.9.0 for Mac OS X Mavericks - comp.lang.ada

AGM-65 Maverick - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
it is effective against a wide range of tactical targets, including armor , air defenses, ships , ground transportation and fuel storage facilities. ...

Maverick's Interview With Elizabeth Mitchell, Folk-Rock Singer And Guitarist
MC (Maverick Concerts): Elizabeth Mitchell, folk-rock singer and guitarist, you currently reside in the Woodstock, NY area. What drew you out ...

Neon Maverick (@NeonMaverick) on Twitter

Official Dallas Mavericks on the App Store on iTunes
Get Official Dallas Mavericks on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

The Style Maverick: Muslim Fashion Blogger Samantha Elauf 1
Read more at: aslanmedia.com/arts-culture/mideast-culture/21059-the-sty...

Top Gun - Maverick V Charlie - YouTube
Top Gun - Maverick V Charlie - YouTube

Big-wave surfer Garrett McNamara survives huge wipeout at Mavericks competition
... surfed a 30-metre wave off the coast of Portugal. On Thursday, the wave gods got retribution. Surfing on his own after competition at Mavericks ...

Mavericks 118, Bulls 111
... to all of our premium sports stories? Try a SportsPlus subscription risk free for 30 days Chicago Bulls Sports Basketball Chicago Bulls Mavericks ...

Mavericks not expecting same success against James Harden
The Mavericks held James Harden to 5 of 21 shooting last month in Houston.