Get values

Dear All,

How to get values after calculated and export if the values < 1.5. Anyone could help me and the script below:

#-------------------------------------------------------------
proc filtering {datalist} {
    set a [a $datalist]

    foreach item $datalist {
        lappend result [list $item [expr {$item / $a}] ]
    }

    set calresult[lsort -decreasing -index -real $calresult]

    foreach item $calresult{
        if {[lindex $item] < 1.5} {
            return $item
        }
    }
    # export to txt if $calresult < 1.5
    return $i
    set fileout [open "value_less_than_1_5.txt" w]
    puts $fileout $i
}
#-------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!
0
Andre

Am 24.10.2014 um 11:57 schrieb Andre:
> Dear All,
>
> How to get values after calculated and export if the values < 1.5. Anyone could help me and the script below:
>
> #-------------------------------------------------------------
> proc filtering {datalist} {
>      set a [a $datalist]
>
>      foreach item $datalist {
>          lappend result [list $item [expr {$item / $a}] ]
>      }
>
>      set calresult[lsort -decreasing -index -real $calresult]
>
>      foreach item $calresult{
>          if {[lindex $item] < 1.5} {
>              return $item
>          }
>      }
>      # export to txt if $calresult < 1.5
>      return $i
I did not understand what you're trying to do, but this can't be right. Statements
after return are never executed.

/Str.
>      set fileout [open "value_less_than_1_5.txt" w]
>      puts $fileout $i
> }
> #-------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Cheers!

proc filtering {datalist} {

    set calresult [lsort -decreasing -index 1 -real $calresult]

    foreach item $calresult {
      if {[lindex $item 1] > 1.5} {

     }
  }
}

I mean that how to write values to txt file from script above if value more than 1.5.

set writevalues [open value.txt w]
puts $writevalues

Thanks in advance

0
Andre
10/29/2014 2:23:23 AM
keskiviikko, 29. lokakuuta 2014 4.23.28 UTC+2 Andre kirjoitti:
> proc filtering {datalist} {
>

>     set calresult [lsort -decreasing -index 1 -real $calresult]

   set outputlist [list]
>     foreach item $calresult {
>       if {[lindex $item 1] > 1.5} {
   lappend outputlist $item ;# or [lindex $item ...] if only part is required
>      }
>   }
> }
>

> I mean that how to write values to txt file from script above if value more than 1.5.
>
> set writevalues [open value.txt w]
 puts $writevalues [join $outputlist \n]
># puts $writevalues
 close $writevalues

> Thanks in advance
0
Kaitzschu
10/29/2014 9:59:02 AM
Hi Kaitzschu,

I have trying it and result as below;

123 17.7992234471 110 15.8843066333 79 11.317966539 58.6 8.31302015439

How to change the result by rows like this;
1, 123, 17.7992234471
2, 110, 15.8843066333
3, 79, 11.317966539
4, 58.6, 8.31302015439

Appreciate your help.

Cheers!

On Wednesday, October 29, 2014 4:59:06 PM UTC+7, Kaitzschu wrote:
> keskiviikko, 29. lokakuuta 2014 4.23.28 UTC+2 Andre kirjoitti:
> > proc filtering {datalist} {
> >

> >     set calresult [lsort -decreasing -index 1 -real $calresult]
> >
>    set outputlist [list]
> >     foreach item $calresult {
> >       if {[lindex $item 1] > 1.5} {
>    lappend outputlist $item ;# or [lindex $item ...] if only part is required
> >      }
> >   }
> > }
> >

> > I mean that how to write values to txt file from script above if value more than 1.5.
> >
> > set writevalues [open value.txt w]
>  puts $writevalues [join $outputlist \n]
> ># puts $writevalues
>  close $writevalues
> >

> > Thanks in advance

On Wednesday, October 29, 2014 4:59:06 PM UTC+7, Kaitzschu wrote:
> keskiviikko, 29. lokakuuta 2014 4.23.28 UTC+2 Andre kirjoitti:
> > proc filtering {datalist} {
> >

> >     set calresult [lsort -decreasing -index 1 -real $calresult]
> >
>    set outputlist [list]
> >     foreach item $calresult {
> >       if {[lindex $item 1] > 1.5} {
>    lappend outputlist $item ;# or [lindex $item ...] if only part is required
> >      }
> >   }
> > }
> >

> > I mean that how to write values to txt file from script above if value more than 1.5.
> >
> > set writevalues [open value.txt w]
>  puts $writevalues [join $outputlist \n]
> ># puts $writevalues
>  close $writevalues
> >

> > Thanks in advance
0
Andre
10/29/2014 3:24:39 PM
keskiviikko, 29. lokakuuta 2014 17.24.41 UTC+2 Andre kirjoitti:
> Hi Kaitzschu,
>=20
> I have trying it and result as below;
>=20
> 123 17.7992234471 110 15.8843066333 79 11.317966539 58.6 8.31302015439

It should had been on different rows (that's what the [join $outputlist \n]=
 was supposed to do. Nevertheless, there are (at least) two ways to do form=
atting.

> How to change the result by rows like this;
> 1, 123, 17.7992234471
> 2, 110, 15.8843066333
> 3, 79, 11.317966539
> 4, 58.6, 8.31302015439

One (and easier) way is to do it at [lappend] stage (this will require Tcl =
8.5 or higher for {*} operator; if that is unacceptable, you are working wi=
th pretty old software):

> > proc filtering {datalist} {=20
> >     set calresult [lsort -decreasing -index 1 -real $calresult]
> >     set outputlist [list]
        set listcounter 0
> >     foreach item $calresult {
> >       if {[lindex $item 1] > 1.5} {
          lappend outputlist [format "%d, %s, %s" [incr listcounter] {*}$it=
em]
> >      }
> >   }
> > }

You should check out [format] manual page for conversion types, I'm using s=
imple string insertions (%s) here because it might work.

The other way is to mangle list at output stage. This is less effective way=
 to do it (but works also on Tcl 8.4!), but probably better if the $outputl=
ist is to be used for other things than just outputting it (the former way =
mangles it to list of strings that can't really be used for anything as suc=
h):

> > set writevalues [open value.txt w]
    set outputcounter 0
    foreach item $itemvalues {
      puts $writevalues "[incr outputcounter], [join $item ", "]"
    }
> > close $writevalues

One further variant would be to [linsert] $listcounter to $item in [lappend=
] stage, and do a simpler [join]ing stage, but that is left for an exercise=
..
0
Kaitzschu

The full proc below;

proc filtering {datalist} {
    set a[a $datalist]
    set b[b $datalist]
    foreach item $datalist {
        lappend calresult [list $item [expr {$a + $b}] ]
    }
    set result [lsort -decreasing -index 1 -real $calresult]

    foreach item $calresult {
      if {[lindex $item 1] > 1.5} {
      lappend outputlist $item
      set print [join $outputlist ", "]
	}
    }
    return $print
}

 set writevalues [open resulted.txt w]
 set outputvalues [lihat $datalist]
 puts $writevalues $outputvalues

Base on script above the Resulted below;
123 17.7992234471, 110 15.8843066333, 79 11.317966539, 58.6 8.31302015439

How to change the result by rows like this;
1, 123, 17.7992234471
2, 110, 15.8843066333
3, 79, 11.317966539
4, 58.6, 8.31302015439

Cheers!

0
Andre
10/29/2014 4:06:19 PM
On 10/29/2014 12:03 PM, Kaitzschu wrote:
> keskiviikko, 29. lokakuuta 2014 17.24.41 UTC+2 Andre kirjoitti:
>> Hi Kaitzschu,
>>
>> I have trying it and result as below;
>>
>> 123 17.7992234471 110 15.8843066333 79 11.317966539 58.6 8.31302015439
>
> It should had been on different rows (that's what the [join $outputlist \n] was
> supposed to do. Nevertheless, there are (at least) two ways to do formatting.

<rant>
I kind of think you are being way too helpful.  The OP has shown little
effort other than blindly copying your code fragments.  Having found
myself recently, and repeatedly, dealing with the same attitude in
person, I am beginning to doubt the value of such help.
</rant>

0
DrS
10/29/2014 4:37:07 PM
Hi Kaitzschu,

Needed your helps please. Could use split?

On Wednesday, October 29, 2014 11:06:22 PM UTC+7, Andre wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The full proc below;
>
> proc filtering {datalist} {
>     set a[a $datalist]
>     set b[b $datalist]
>     foreach item $datalist {
>         lappend calresult [list $item [expr {$a + $b}] ]
>     }
>     set result [lsort -decreasing -index 1 -real $calresult]
>
>     foreach item $calresult {
>       if {[lindex $item 1] > 1.5} {
>       lappend outputlist $item
>       set print [join $outputlist ", "]
> 	}
>     }
>     return $print
> }
>

>  set writevalues [open resulted.txt w]
>  set outputvalues [filtering $datalist]
>  puts $writevalues $outputvalues
>
> Base on script above the Resulted below;
> 123 17.7992234471, 110 15.8843066333, 79 11.317966539, 58.6 8.31302015439
>

> How to change the result by rows like this;
> 1, 123, 17.7992234471
> 2, 110, 15.8843066333
> 3, 79, 11.317966539
> 4, 58.6, 8.31302015439
>

> Cheers!
0
Andre
10/29/2014 4:50:34 PM
keskiviikko, 29. lokakuuta 2014 18.50.37 UTC+2 Andre kirjoitti:
> Hi Kaitzschu,
>=20
> Needed your helps please. Could use split?

Yes, you could use [split], but there isn't a reason to. Besides, this code=
 is missing spaces from "set a[a" and "set b[b". But that's minor.

> > proc filtering {datalist} {
> >     set a[a $datalist]
> >     set b[b $datalist]
> >     foreach item $datalist {
> >         lappend calresult [list $item [expr {$a + $b}] ]
> >     }=09
> >     set result [lsort -decreasing -index 1 -real $calresult]

Even though it isn't really mandatory (in a very similar way to aes.tcl[1] =
nowadays looking funny because it is lacking many explicit [return]s) when =
talking about [lappend] (or [incr], too bad about that...), it is a good pr=
actice to declare variables.

      set outputlist [list]

There are two other things you have forgotten from here, that has already b=
een discussed about. Namely, the counter, and the whole [format] clause. Yo=
u should take another look at my earlier post.

> >     foreach item $calresult {
> >       if {[lindex $item 1] > 1.5} {

Here you are correctly [lappend]ing $item, but you aren't applying any form=
atting to it. As I mentioned above, you should take a closer look to [forma=
t] manual page[2]. If that seems baffling, you can modify the code from sec=
ond approach to fit here. But the counter is crucial.

> >         lappend outputlist $item

To be exact, this next statement is on the wrong side of the loop. Sure, it=
 works this way as well, but is rather ineffective. And definitely not doin=
g what you are hoping. Taken outside the [foreach] loop and changed slightl=
y to use "\n" instead of ", " gives you a nice, line-feed separated list.

> >         set print [join $outputlist ", "]

> >       }
> >     }
> >     return $print
> >  }
> >=20
> >=20
> >  set writevalues [open resulted.txt w]
> >  set outputvalues [filtering $datalist]
> >  puts $writevalues $outputvalues

   close $writevalues

It is also better to [close] your channels once you are done with them.

[1] http://core.tcl.tk/tcllib/artifact/94452b42b4ca98298ab1465c40fd87d11a40=
cf5e
[2] http://tmml.sourceforge.net/doc/tcl/format.html
0
Kaitzschu
10/29/2014 11:40:22 PM
Hi Kaitzschu,

I have try again but still fail change format. I cannot use for {*} because=
 I am using tcl 8.3 in the program. Would you like to show me again suing s=
plit syntax or effective code.

Appreciate your helps. Thanks!

On Thursday, October 30, 2014 6:40:24 AM UTC+7, Kaitzschu wrote:
> [...]
it works this way as well, but is rather ineffective. And definitely not do=
ing what you are hoping. Taken outside the [foreach] loop and changed sligh=
tly to use "\n" instead of ", " gives you a nice, line-feed separated list.
>=20
> > >         set print [join $outputlist ", "]
>=20
> > >       }
> > >     }
> > >     return $print
> > >  }
> > >=20
> > >=20
> > >  set writevalues [open resulted.txt w]
> > >  set outputvalues [filtering $datalist]
> > >  puts $writevalues $outputvalues
>=20
>    close $writevalues
>=20
> It is also better to [close] your channels once you are done with them.
10/30/2014 2:42:21 AM
torstai, 30. lokakuuta 2014 4.42.23 UTC+2 Andre kirjoitti:

> I have try again but still fail change format. I cannot use for {*} because I am using tcl 8.3 in the program. Would you like to show me again suing split syntax or effective code.

You really don't need [split], because it makes lists out of strings, and you already have a list. You can use [lindex] (had to check, it is in of 8.3) to get the values:
  lappend outputlist [format "%d, %s, %s" [incr listcounter] [lindex $item 0] [lindex $item 1]]

But I seriously recommend upgrading to something more recent (unless you are being forced to use 8.3). In the modern era using up-to-date Tcl is easier than ever: just pick your poison[1], and run it. Usually.

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/kbskit/files/kbs/0.4.5/
0
Kaitzschu
10/30/2014 9:10:54 AM
Hi Kaitzschu,

it works and SOLVED! Now, I am a bit modifying for support in the program.
I have not found for kbs.tcl file in my machine. Where I should get this file?

thanks much appreciate it.

Cheers!

On Thursday, October 30, 2014 4:10:56 PM UTC+7, Kaitzschu wrote:
> torstai, 30. lokakuuta 2014 4.42.23 UTC+2 Andre kirjoitti:
> >
> > I have try again but still fail change format. I cannot use for {*} because I am using tcl 8.3 in the program. Would you like to show me again suing split syntax or effective code.
>
> You really don't need [split], because it makes lists out of strings, and you already have a list. You can use [lindex] (had to check, it is in of 8.3) to get the values:
>   lappend outputlist [format "%d, %s, %s" [incr listcounter] [lindex $item 0] [lindex $item 1]]
>
> But I seriously recommend upgrading to something more recent (unless you are being forced to use 8.3). In the modern era using up-to-date Tcl is easier than ever: just pick your poison[1], and run it. Usually.
>
> [1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/kbskit/files/kbs/0.4.5/
0
Andre
10/30/2014 10:38:55 AM
torstai, 30. lokakuuta 2014 12.39.02 UTC+2 Andre kirjoitti:
> Hi Kaitzschu,
>
> it works and SOLVED! Now, I am a bit modifying for support in the program.
> I have not found for kbs.tcl file in my machine. Where I should get this file?

The kbs.tcl file is for compiling your own kbskit, probably not what you need to do.

Your best bet is to download one of the *_kbsvq8.6-{dyn,gui}* files, depending on your operating system and/or bitness. Instant Tcl/Tk installation at your disposal if nothing goes wrong.
0
Kaitzschu

how to get Tcl array values in C++ code
Does anyone know how to get array value in c++ code ? Just like : In tcl script : array set foo { johnny 12 Tom 11 Tim 14 } In c++ code : Tcl object * obj = Tcl_GetArray( interp, "foo" ); while( Tcl_GetArrayNextObjectFunc( obj, &key, &value ) { ... } I don't know if there is a function can get array values. Thanks ~~~ --- Posted via news://freenews.netfront.net/ - Complaints to news@netfront.net --- On 18/10/2011 12:45, Johnny Zhou wrote: > Does anyone know how to get array value in c++ code ? Just like : I think you're looking for Tcl_GetVar2Ex, which t...

Getting values in between the values of a vector?
Say I have a vector that's like this: [-6 -3 0 3 6] How can I get it get the number in between each of the two values to return something like: [-4.5 -1.5 1.5 4.5] Is there a built-in function that can do this? I'm asking because I'd like to avoid a loop if possible (but I'm thinking it's the only way). Thanks! "Brandon Rodriguez" <coasters2k@yahoo.com> wrote in message <gsfp69$19b$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Say I have a vector that's like this: > > [-6 -3 0 3 6] > > How can I get it get the number in between each of the two v...

How to get default values to parameters of class object member methods [incr tcl]
Hello again, Thanks to all for helping fix my simple blunder. Now I've got another one and I'm not sure if there is a resolution. I've tried a few different things, but nothing seems to be working. As well all know, if a proc is to have a default value for a parameter, it's defined something like this: proc someproc { { param = foo } } { # doing lots of important stuff } Well, I've tried something similar in my classes but the interpreter is always complaining about "too many fields in argument specifier " i = 234 "". This was with something l...

getting offset of the value instead of the value
Hello all, I am very new to assembly programming. I'm trying to make a simple program that has a "graph" feature in it. There is an array declared in the DATA section, with length 26. It will contain the values for drawing the graph. The graph is a 26 green column, the height of each column will be loaded from the array. The problem is: When I load the value from the array, I don't get the value, instead, I get the offset of the value. At least that is what I think, I might be mistaken, and as I said, I'm new to assembly, and very poor in debugging. (BTW, what debugger ...

Tcl Error Handing - (file "<filename>" line <lineno>)
Hi, My appologies if this is not the right forum to ask this question. I created a Tcl interprater using Tcl_Interp Now, I need to add error handling code to it just like tclsh. On seeing a syntax error, tclsh prints two set of info: $errorInfo <Info about the location of the erred code> The location info looks somewhat like this: (file "test.tcl" line 12) invoked from within "source test.tcl" (file "test1.ralf" line 5) I wanted to add this location info to my error handling code. But I was wondering if I need to build and maintain this ...

How to get inimum value from 16 values available
Dear all, I've a specific problem. Hope some one will answer me. I have a color image, say img1, of 512 X 512 size in CIELAB space. For each pixel in img1, I've 16 sample pixels approximated as follows (E1 is another image obtained by some process) Lp1(x,y) = img1(x,y,1); ap1(x,y) = img1(x,y,2) + E1(x,y); bp1(x,y) = img1(x,y,3); Lp2(x,y) = img1(x,y,1); ap2(x,y) = img1(x,y,2) + E1(x,y)/sqrt(2); bp2(x,y) = img1(x,y,3) + E1(x,y)/sqrt(2); Lp3(x,y) = img1(x,y,1); ap3(x,y) = img1(x,y,2); ...

getting upper and lower values from a reference value
Hi, data m; input volume ; cards; 0.1234 0.2345 0.3435 0.4567 0.498 0.5345 0.6768 ; run; i need to get upper and lower values(considering 0.5 as my reference point) which are nearst to .5 value from the above example data the final result i have to get is 0.498(as upper value) and 0.5345(as lower value) because 0.5(imaginary reference value) lies in between these two values. Thanks in advance. On Nov 1, 10:59=A0pm, mahi <mehetrey.mahen...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > data m; > input volume ; > cards; > 0.1234 > 0.2345 > 0.3435 > 0.4567 > 0.498 > 0.53...

get a value in the servlet with get, but null with post
Hi, I am getting a value for a hidden field in my servlet when the method of the form is GET. But when I change it to POST, I get a null value for the same field, all things remaining the same. Does anybody have any idea why this could be happening? Thanks, Shiv "Shiv" <ss_panda@hotmail.com> wrote in message > Does anybody have any idea why this could be happening? Not without seeing some code... -- Wendy in Chandler, AZ try to find article named "High-Level Network Programming ", here is one part: ".... Consider the following HTML form: ...

Must GET/POST Parameters Have Values? (And What is the Syntax for GET, If NOT)
Are GET and POST parameters required to have values, i.e. are either of these legal? http://www.mydomain.com/index.php?this&that http://www.mydomain.com/index.php?this=&that= In my application, I have a GET/POST parameter that is significant just by its presence (it doesn't need a value), and rather than say this=1&that=1 I was wondering if it is legal to specify them without values. Thanks, Dave. David T. Ashley wrote: > Are GET and POST parameters required to have values, i.e. are either of > these legal? > > http://www.mydomain.com/index.php?this&am...

how to get approximate differential value from pure mesh values
I have function numerical values on a uniform mesh points. But I do not know the explicit form of this function. Now the approximate value of first or second order derivative is wanted. Does there exist a Matlab funtion to do this? Otherwise any suggestions are welcome. suniuin wrote: > I have function numerical values on a uniform mesh points. But I do > not know the explicit form of this function. Now the approximate > value of first or second order derivative is wanted. > > Does there exist a Matlab funtion to do this? Otherwise any > suggestions are welcome. finite di...

Getting value from asp:label into javascript input value
Hello, I really hope that someone can help me resolve my problem, I've been working on it for the past few days, to no avail. I have an asp:label which gets its value from the database, but what I'm trying to do is to get that value (from the asp:label) and place it inside the javascript input value. I can post sample code if required. TIA D "Dwizz" <Dwizz20@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:1123236443.969946.4850@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > I really hope that someone can help me resolve my problem, I've been > working on it for the p...

how to catch a value from radio buttom getting its value from mysql?
Hi, this is a newbie question. How can I catch the selected radio value from a form that is feed by the mysql database? EX.: <input type="radio" name="myname" value="<?php $myvalue[3] ?>"> Value returns the last element of the array $myvalue[3] instead of the selected value. How can I change this? Thanks in advance for any help, Guillermina echo? <input type="radio" name="myname" value="<?php echo $myvalue[3] ?>"> PWT "gmanon" <guillermina@nyc.rr.com> wrote in messa...

how to get tcl-httpd running on winxp with active tcl?
or websh or rivet frustrated rivet wants apache 1.3, which has no windows doewnload anymore websh not work with windows so I guess tcl-httpd? I want to try some tcl web builnin''... help gavino schrieb: > or websh > or rivet > > frustrated > > rivet wants apache 1.3, which has no windows doewnload anymore > websh not work with windows > so I guess tcl-httpd? > I want to try some tcl web builnin''... > Tclhttp or Wub are options..., or getting Tcl cgi running under IIS or any other webserver. What kind of things do you want to play with? M...

Get x values for specific y value of the histogram
I have the histogram of an image and I want to know the x values that corresponds to specific y values. For example I want the x values that corresponds to the values that I stored in an array A. P.S: the x values of histogram are 0:255 (for Matlab is 1:256) and the y values can be any number from 0 to hundrends Thank you for your help ...

how to get the value?
Hi, I have a data file like: conf.dat: abst0012328$y$m$d.out.asc~e~b~c In my shell script: y=2004 m=10 d=14 I got the file name from data file: filename=abst0012328$y$m$d.out.asc actually what I really want is: filename=abst001232820041014.out.asc How can I get it? Thanks, Carl On 2004-10-14, linlin107 wrote: > Hi, > > I have a data file like: > conf.dat: > abst0012328$y$m$d.out.asc~e~b~c > > In my shell script: > y=2004 > m=10 > d=14 > > I got the file name from data file: > filename=abst0012328$y$m$d.out.asc > > actually what I really wan...

Why am I not getting a value?
(Please excuse the rookie question) Why don't I get the value of "windows" in my file? My xml file is located in http://www.otima.ca/XML/auto.xml and the xslt file is http://www.otima.ca/XML/auto.xslt. Much appreciate the assistance! Ian On 31 Jan 2005 21:12:56 -0800, ian.rutgers@gmail.com (Ian) wrote: >Why don't I get the value of "windows" in my file? My xml file is >located in http://www.otima.ca/XML/auto.xml and the xslt file is >http://www.otima.ca/XML/auto.xslt. Your www server is sending your xslt resource with a mime type of text/plain. Rec...

Getting Values
I have an array $family there are 30 keys and associated values. I want to return the values from the last 8 items ( keys 'child1 - child8') and I am returning the age associated with each without referencing the keys just the element number 22 .. 30 print $family{'child1'} ==> 28 ** age print $family[22] ==> child1=29 I have attempted to get this info from the perldoc but without success. Might not be phrasing the question properly. I have not seen anything in the books I have. Help appreciated. Frank "Frank J. Russo" <FJRussonc@earthlink.net&...

how to get a value in between
hello all , I have lab units value like these 10^9/L, 10^12/L I am trying to insert {Super in front of the ^ so that it appears the way I want it in the Report for that I using Code like this but this is not enough as it is messing up the the 10^12/L if Substr(lbstresu,3,1) = "^" then lbstresu1 = Strip(Substr(lbstresu,1,2)) !!"^{super "!!Strip(Substr(lbstresu,4,1))!!"}" !!Strip(Substr(lbstresu,5)) ; */; if lbstresu1 ^= " " then lbstresu = lbstresu1; Any Idea how to capture the values inbedtween ^ and /L , I do not think I can write to...

gets gets
I'm a little surprised at this. In irb, I tried puts gets gets. Why? I don't know. but basically, gets gets, seems to almost act like a heredoc! myString = gets gets puts myString On Mar 26, 2007, at 3:17 AM, John Joyce wrote: > I'm a little surprised at this. > In irb, I tried puts gets gets. > Why? I don't know. > but basically, gets gets, seems to almost act like a heredoc! > myString = gets gets > puts myString It's not surprising at all. First, let's insert the parentheses so we can see it as Ruby does: puts(gets(gets())) Now we see th...

How to get values?
Hello If I have a function y=f(x), is there any way to find x values for known y?? For example I have x=0:1:20; y=x; plot(t,x) I am taking x values from 0 to 20. Is it possible to find value for x if y=2.1?? Thanks in advance Kota. S Kota wrote: > > > Hello > If I have a function y=f(x), is there any way to find x values for > known y?? > For example I have > x=0:1:20; > y=x; > plot(t,x) > > I am taking x values from 0 to 20. Is it possible to find value for > x > if y=2.1?? > > Thanks in advance > Kota. HELP FUNCTION HELP INLINE HELP SOLVE H...

how to get no value
Hi, I have a file having lines:- 48 ALA H = 8.33 N = 120.77 CA = 55.18 HA = 4.12 C = 181.50 104 ALA H = 7.70 N = 121.21 CA = 54.32 HA = 4.21 C = 85 ALA H = 8.60 N = CA = HA = 4.65 C = Now i want to make two another file in which i want to put those lines for which C is missing and another one for which N,CA and C all are missing, I tried in this way: import re f = open('chem.txt') for line in f: if re.search('C = ',''): print line but i am not getting the desired output. Amrita Kumari Research Fellow IISER Mohali Chandigarh INDIA amrita@iiserm...

How to get a Value
I need to get an value from another m-file,i had written a code to calculate the radius of the circle in an mfile and in another m file i am displaying the radius, but how do i get the radius value from another m-file. Please help me out. Making variables global they can be read by any m-file, just type "global" in HELP and it will tell you more vineet wrote: > > > I need to get an value from another m-file,i had written a code to > calculate the radius of the circle in an mfile and in another m > file > i am displaying the radius, but how do i get the radius val...

Get value from table upon changing value in combo box.
I'm working on a form where a combo box gets its list of values from a table. That same table also contains some "default notes" in other fields. My task is simple, but I'm having a hard time working it out. Once an option is selected in the combo box, I want to run (a macro?) that will grab the appropriate default notes from the table, and load them into the form in the various Notes fields. I've got a query set up that'll narrow the table down to the option selected in the combo box, but when I use the SetValue action in the macro, I get an error saying that I'...

Getting value
Hi, I am getting a string value from a function .A variable is exist by that string value. Need to print the value using the second variable! Example: my $log_dir="hello"; my $name=function1(); // $name has value "log_dir" I want the output as "hello" using the "name" variable. Is that possible? TIA, Svel "Sakthi" <ksakthiv@gmail.com> writes: > Hi, > I am getting a string value from a function .A variable is exist by that > string value. Need to print the value using the second variable! >...

Web resources about - Get values - comp.lang.tcl

Values Voter Summit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Values Voter Summit is an annual political conference for American social conservative activists and elected officials from across the United ...

Facebook Is No. 5 on Glassdoor’s Top 25 Companies for Culture & Values
Facebook placed fifth on the 2014 list of Top 25 Companies for Culture & Values from social jobs and career community Glassdoor , which was released ...

Glassdoor: Facebook rated No. 5 nationally in culture, values
Facebook has been highly-rated by its employees for culture and values , coming in at No. 5 overall nationally in a new Glassdoor report . Twitter ...

Gay Family Values (@Depfox) on Twitter
Sign in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Gay Family Values @ Depfox ...

Common Lab Values on the App Store on iTunes
Get Common Lab Values on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Tony Perkins' Remarks on Election 2012 and Values Voter Summit - YouTube
FRC's Tony Perkins to Discuss Presidential Race At National Press Club's Newsmakers Event September 23, 2011 WASHINGTON, D.C. - Family Research ...

Married Life: For parents, Ramadan is a time to think about values that are passed down
I worry that my 22-month-old baby will grow up thinking Ramadan is all about the food.

Forced marriages an 'assault on values': Scott Morrison
Immigration Minister Scott Morrison says forced marriages are an "assault on Australian values" after authorities intercepted a 14-year-old girl ...

America's values on trial with Manning
Over the past 2½ years, all of which he has spent in a military prison, much has been said about Bradley Manning, but nothing has been heard ...

Migrants must follow Australian values, says Frank Lowy
... boat person who became a shopping centre billionaire, has called on migrants to honour the ''great unwritten deal'' to follow Australian values ...