ANN: Paraffin 4.1, Parallelism Generics

The next release of Paraffin, Paraffin 4.1 is now available for download.

Paraffin is a suite of Ada 2012 generics that facilitates writing
parallel programs featuring divide and conquer parallelism.

The generics includes support for parallel loops and
parallel recursive subprograms.

In addition, there are non-Ravenscar versions of the generics,
paraffinalia, and test programs, as well as Ravenscar versions. The
Ravenscar versions satisy the restrictions
defined in the Ravenscar Profile.

Recursive parallelism also includes stack safe parallelism, which
provides assurances that recursion will not overflow the stack.
This feature also benefits single processor as well as multicore.

In addition, Paraffin comes with Paraffinalia, which is a suite
of parallel algorithms designed for reuse that includes;

- Parallel Integration of arbitrary functions
- Parallel solving of matrices
- Parallel Quicksort
- Parallel Fast Fourier Transform
- Parallel Red Black Tree
- Parallel Linked Lists
- Parallel cumulative sum

The main features of this new release are;

    - Fixed a bug in all the recursive work sharing generics that would
      cause the program to hang if the actual number of workers used is
      less than the number of requested workers.

    - If exceptions are raised in worker tasks, it is the first
      exception raised that is reraised in the sequential task when the
      parallelism completes, instead of the last exception raised.

    - Added Usage output for all the test drivers, which gets displayed
      if any app is executed without any command line parameters.

    - The Test_Parallel_Loops, and Test_Ravenscar_Parallel_Loops apps
      would hang without producing any output when run on Windows. This
      bug has been fixed.

    - Reducing_Doubly_Linked_Lists abstraction now has reducing functions
      for splicing at the beginning of the list and at the end. This
      allows for both forward and reverse parallel loops involving list
      concatentation, which is demonstrated in a test program.

    - The Parallel Integrate applet in Paraffinalia now accepts an
      accuracy parameter that controls how much processing needs to
      occur.

    - Pre and post conditions added to the Paraffinalia generics.
    - Quicksort now works on small arrays in parallel, as small as one
      element arrays.
    - global_pragma configuration file that turns on portability checks
      for all the paraffinalia apps and test drivers.
    - Stack Safe tests and generics now working for the quicksort and
      integrate parafinalia apps.
    - Red_Black_Tree container doesn't Clear list in parallel, which was
      causing problems when tree if finalized after main task completes.

The latest stable release and older releases may be downloaded from;

  https://sourceforge.net/projects/paraffin/files/

For those who want the current development versions of the source they
can download using git (http://git-scm.com/) by issuing the following
commands;

  mkdir sandbox
  cd sandbox
  git clone git://git.code.sf.net/p/paraffin/code paraffin-code

The current development version typically will correspond to the latest
stable release, but may at times be unstable when new features are being
worked on.

-- Brad
0
Brad
5/4/2013 6:33:55 AM
comp.lang.ada 8774 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

Hi Brad,

> The next release of Paraffin, Paraffin 4.1 is now available for download.

Great! I've seen those announcements since some time now but no time to
test or use this framework.

Just curious, how does it compares to the TBB?

Thanks,
Pascal.

--
  Pascal Obry /  Magny Les Hameaux (78)

  The best way to travel is by means of imagination

  http://v2p.fr.eu.org
  http://www.obry.net

  gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key F949BD3B
0
Pascal
5/4/2013 7:16:43 AM
On Saturday, May 4, 2013 1:16:43 AM UTC-6, Pascal Obry wrote:

> Great! I've seen those announcements since some time now but no time to
> test or use this framework.

My problem is I don't have any interesting project that I think *needs* parallelism.

> Just curious, how does it compares to the TBB?

Forgive the ignorance, but what is TBB?
0
Shark8
5/4/2013 5:14:47 PM
Le 04/05/2013 19:14, Shark8 a �crit :
> Forgive the ignorance, but what is TBB?

It's Intel C++ Threading Building Blocks, it is using template heavily.
We can say that TBB is like the STL but for the parallelism.

Pascal.

--
  Pascal Obry /  Magny Les Hameaux (78)

  The best way to travel is by means of imagination

  http://v2p.fr.eu.org
  http://www.obry.net

  gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key F949BD3B
0
Pascal

ANN: Paraffin 4.3, Parallelism Generics
I am pleased to announce Paraffin 4.3. Paraffin is a set of Ada 2012 generics that may be used to add parallelism to iterative loops and recursive code. Older releases (prior to 4.0) also support Ada 2005. Paraffin includes generics for both Ravenscar and non-Ravenscar use. The Ravenscar version utilizes static task pools with dispatching domains intended for real-time programming. Paraffin also includes Paraffinalia, which is a suit of useful parallel utilities that utilize the Paraffin generics. These include generics for; 1) generic to integrating a function in parallel 2) generic to apply quicksort algorithm in parallel to an array 3) generic to apply fast fourier transform to an array of data. 4) generic Red-Black tree container that performs some operations in parallel. 5) function to solve matrices using Gauss-Jordan Elimination 6) generic to perform prefix sum calculations 7) generic to perform sequence alignment using the Smith-Waterman algorithm to find similar regions between two strings for problems such as comparing genetic nucleotide or protein sequences, or checking for plagiarism between two text sourcs. This release has the following notable features; 1) Most importantly, to those who want to compile Paraffin with the latest GNAT 2013 GPL release, this version contains bug fixes that allow compilation. 2) A new Paraffinalia app has been added. This implements the...

ANN: Paraffin 4.2, Parallelism Generics
This is a minor update to the Paraffin release 4.1 that was released a couple days ago. This release (4.2) is geared towards getting the Ravenscar version of the FFT (Fast Fourier Transform) paraffinalia app to work on Windows, and other targets where synchronous barriers are implemented by protected types. To achieve this, a new package, called Parallel.Simple_Synchronous_Barriers was introduced. This package provides the services of a barrier when only two tasks need to wait on the barrier, and is implemented using Ada's suspension objects, rather than a protected type. The issue is that on Windows, Ada.Synchronous_Barriers is implemented by a protected object in GNAT. Ravenscar disallows protected objects to be declared at a nested level, which is needed by the FFT app. Since only two tasks ever need to wait on a barrier in the FFT algorithm, a specialized implementation of a barrier can be constructed using Ada's suspension objects. This specialized barrier satisfies the Ravenscar restrictions, but also is lighter weight, and was deemed worthwhile for use for the non-ravenscar version of fft. As a result of this change, the project file test_ravenscar_fft_linux was renamed to test_ravenscar_fft, since it should now be portable to all targets. The latest stable release and older releases may be downloaded from; https://sourceforge.net/projects/paraffin/files/ For those who want the current development versions of th...

ANN: Openstep for Zaurus: mySTEP-1.4, myPDA-3.1a5 ANN: Openstep for Zaurus: mySTEP-1.3, myPDA-3.1a4, Zaurus-gcc-2.95.3X10.3a1 ANN: Openstep for Zaurus: mySTEP-1.4, myPDA-3.1a5
Dear all, again new releases for the GNUstep clone "mySTEP" for the Sharp Zaurus and its runtime environment "myPDA" (X11 + window manager) as well as an update for the gcc cross-compiler development kit hosted on MacOS X 10.3 are available. The system is becoming more and more mature - although it is not yet ripe enough for productivity. It allows you to take the source of Cocoa applications, add a simple shell-script build phase, and compile into a "fat binary" .app bundle that runs verbatim on MacOS X as well as on a standard Zaurus on which myPDA is...

ANN: Leo 4.4.1.1 final released
Leo 4.4.1.1 final September 3, 2006 Leo 4.4.1.1 final is available at: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=3458&package_id=29106 Leo 4.4.1.1 corrects a last-minute unicode bug in Leo 4.4.1. This version also adds the new slideshow plugin. Leo is a text editor, data organizer, project manager and much more. See: http://webpages.charter.net/edreamleo/intro.html The highlights of Leo 4.4.1: ---------------------------- - Leo outputs decorators correctly, provided that the decorator is not a Leo directive. - A new colorizer plugin co...

ANN: Leo 4.4.1.1 final released
Leo 4.4.1.1 final is available at: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=3458&package_id=29106 Leo 4.4.1.1 corrects a last-minute unicode bug in Leo 4.4.1. This version also adds the new slideshow plugin. Leo is a text editor, data organizer, project manager and much more. See: http://webpages.charter.net/edreamleo/intro.html The highlights of Leo 4.4.1: ---------------------------- - Leo outputs decorators correctly, provided that the decorator is not a Leo directive. - A new colorizer plugin controlled by jEdit language description files. - A new shadow files plugin that allows derived files not to have sentinel lines. - Multiple editors in Leo's body pane. - Search commands now support regex replace patterns: \1, \2, etc. - Support for external debuggers: see http://webpages.charter.net/edreamleo/debuggers.html - The scripting plugin now creates a Debug Script button. - Several new commands including run-unit-test, python-help, toggle-invisibles, and scroll-outline-left/right. - The help-for-command commands now contains information for almost all commands. - A new shortcut_button plugin. Quote of the month: ------------------- Thanks for creating the most useful and amazing application that I've come across in years. I use Leo every day. Links: ------ 4.4.1: http://webpages.charter.net/edreamleo/new-4-4-1.html 4.4: http://webpages.charter.net/edreamleo/new-4-4.html Leo: http://webpag...

ANN: Breathe-1:4:2 version 1.1
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: Yeoh HS author@yeohhs.com http://www.yeohhs.com Announcing Breathe-1:4:2 version 1.1 On behalf of Winique Software, Yeoh HS, who runs an IT consulting firm, is pleased to announce the release of "Breathe-1:4:2 version 1.1". This program is a visual and audio aid to guide you during your breathing exercise. It is based on the breathing exercise described in the book "Unlimited Power", by the motivational guru, Anthony Robbins. Guidance is by way of progress bar controls and sounds marking the beginning of each phase of bre...

Ada in Debian: gcc-4.1 4.1.0-2 has reached unstable
The planned transition to GCC 4.1, outlined in the Debian Policy for Ada[1], is making progress. Today saw the upload of gcc-4.1 4.1.0-2, which includes my first batch of patches ported from gnat 3.15p. See the changelog[2] for a summary of these changes. With this upload, I have now ported all the changes I made in gnat to the newer gnat-4.1. Of course, there are problems, since this is the "unstable" distribution. In particular, 4.1.0-2 failed to build from source[3] on the amd64 and sparc autobuilders[4] due to autoconf (which we in Ada-land all know and love), and might fail...

Serialization between Java 1.1.4 and Java 1.4.1
Hello, It seems to me to be in some kinda trouble. I wanted to implement communication between Java applet and Server through sockets and Serialization. So, I serialize Object, send it to server which deserialize it with no problems. In other direction problems came out since Object serialized under Java 1.4.1 seems to be not deserializable under Java 1.1.4. (MS VM). If applet si run under J2, there are no problems, but I cannot push people to download some 15MB of new JRE just to accomplish my requirements, especially if applet needs not implementation of features of new JRE... ...

ACE 5.4.2 + TAO 1.4.2 client, ORBacus 4.1.2 NameService, and JACOrb 1.4.1 servants
Hi everyone, Background: ----------- I'm very new to CORBA, ACE & TAO. I'm trying to integrate with a 3rd party system which exposes a CORBA object model to clients. This system is composed of JACOrb 1.4.1 servers registering with an ORBacus 4.1.2 NameService. We've got existing software that uses ACE 5.4.2, and the 3rd party documentation mentions that people have used TAO (no version specified) previously to integrate with their system, so I'm trying out TAO 1.4.2 as a natural solution to the problem. Environment Specifics: ---------------------- - ACE 5.4.2 + TAO 1.4.2 clients - running on a variant of RedHat Enterprise Linux 4.x (x86 platform) - compiled with gcc-c++-3.4.3-22.1 - ORBacus 4.1.2 NameService, and JACorb 1.4.1 servants (the 3rd Party stuff) - running on SunOS 5.9 What I'm trying to do: ---------------------- To get started, I'm trying to create a simple "hi3rdParty" app which acquires a reference to the remote ORBacus NameService so that I can then get at the other services. Here's the code I'm using: try { // ------ begin common CORBA init -------- // First initialize the ORB - that will remove some arguments... // NOTE: we're gonna try and use "-ORBInitRef NameService=corbaloc:iiop:theServer:5000/NameService" // to find the naming service. CORBA::ORB_var orb = CORBA::ORB_init(argc, argv, "&quo...

ANN: numarray-1.4.1
Numarray is an array processing package designed to efficiently manipulate large multi-dimensional arrays. Numarray is modelled after Numeric and features c-code generated from python template scripts, the capacity to operate directly on arrays in files, arrays of heterogeneous records, string arrays, and in-place operation on memory mapped files. ========================================================================= Release Notes for numarray-1.4.1 II. BUGS FIXED / CLOSED 1339713 segfault when comparing string-array to self ========================================================================= Release Notes for numarray-1.4.0 I. ENHANCEMENTS 1. Speed improvement for numarray operators. The Python level hook mapping numarray operators onto universal functions has been moved down to C. 2. Speed improvement for string-array comparisons, any(), all(). String correlation is ~10x faster. 3. Better operation with py2exe to help it automatically detect the core numarray extensions to include in an installer. 4. scipy newcore compatible lower case type names (e.g. int32 not Int32) 5. scipy newcore 'dtype' keyword and .dtypechar attribute. II. BUGS FIXED / CLOSED 1323355 Apps fail with import_libnumarray 1315212 Infinite loop converting some scalar strings into a list 1298916 rank-0 tostring() broken 1297948 records.array fails to create empty fields 1286291 import sys missing from array...

[ANN] lockfile-1.4.1
URLS http://rubyforge.org/projects/codeforpeople/ http://codeforpeople.com/lib/ruby/lockfile/ SYNOPSIS lib/lockfile.rb : a ruby library for creating NFS safe lockfiles bin/rlock : ruby command line tool which uses this library to create lockfiles and to run arbitrary commands while holding them. for example rlock lockfile -- cp -r huge/ huge.bak/ run 'rlock -h' for more info INSTALL sudo ruby install.rb BASIC ALGORITHIM * create a globally uniq filename in the same filesystem as the desired ...

[Ann]: Ada Utility Library 1.4.0 is available
Hi all, Ada Utility Library is a collection of utility packages for Ada 2005. It includes: o A logging framework close to Java log4j framework, o Support for properties o A serialization/deserialization framework for XML, JSON, CSV o Ada beans framework o Encoding/decoding framework (Base16, Base64, SHA, HMAC-SHA) o A composing stream framework (raw, files, buffers, pipes) o Several concurrency tools (reference counters, counters, pools) A new version is available which provides: - Support for localized date format, - Support for process creation and pipe streams (on Unix and...

[ANN] Pylint 1.4.1 / Astroid 1.3.3 released
Hello, It's my pleasure to announce the release of both Pylint 1.4.1 and Astroid 1.3.3 respectively. The following bug fixes and features made their way into Astroid 1.3.3: * Restore file_stream to a property, but deprecate it in favour of the newly added method Module.stream. * Add inference tips for 'tuple', 'list', 'dict' and 'set' builtins. * Add brain definition for most string and unicode methods * Add a new method to Class nodes, 'mro', for obtaining the the method resolution order of the clas...

[ANN] Pylint 1.4.1 / Astroid 1.3.3 released
Hello, It's my pleasure to announce the release of both Pylint 1.4.1 and Astroid 1.3.3 respectively. The following bug fixes and features made their way into Astroid 1.3.3: * Restore file_stream to a property, but deprecate it in favour of the newly added method Module.stream. * Add inference tips for 'tuple', 'list', 'dict' and 'set' builtins. * Add brain definition for most string and unicode methods * Add a new method to Class nodes, 'mro', for obtaining the the method resolution order of the clas...

ANN: Mediator SQL RDD version 4.1.1.1 available
Mediator is a middleware that automatically translates data requests of your Clipper, Harbour and xHarbour applications into efficient SQL statemens. More about Mediator: http://www.otc.pl/index.asp?s=21&l=2 More about version 4.1.1.1 features: http://www.otc.pl/index.asp?s=32&l=2 Free Mediator versions download: http://www.otc.pl/index.asp?s=8&l=2 ...

a little bug of ACE-5.4.1+TAO-1.4.1+CIAO-0.4.1.tar.gz
Hi Team, When I compile this version, it prompts me the following errors that /*------ gmake[6]: *** No rule to make target `Client_Request_Interceptor.cpp', needed by `.obj/Client_Request_Interceptor.o'. Stop. ------*/ Then I find there is something wrong about the directory: /export/home/adam/ace.5.4.1.cc.64/TAO/tests/Portable_Interceptors/Request_Interceptor_Flow There are two files whose file names suffix are very strange. 1. Client_Request_Interceptor.cp 2. Server_Request_Interceptor.cp After I rename them from .cp to .cpp I wonder if this is a bug or some thing I configure wrong? Regards, Adam Sorry, After I fix some problem of such kind, I still met the problem that has conflict with its internal config. Plus this tar is different from that I downloaded a week ago. I wonder why BFO is so unstable? Regards, Adam Hi Adam, >> Sorry, After I fix some problem of such kind, I still met the problem >> that has conflict with its internal config. Upgrade. >> Plus this tar is different from that I downloaded a week ago. Nothing has changed with ACE 5.4.1 in several years. >> I wonder why BFO is so unstable? Because it's several years old. Please upgrade. Thanks, Doug -- Dr. Douglas C. Schmidt Professor and Associate Chair Electrical Engineering and Computer Science TEL: (615) 343-8197 Institute for Software Integrated Systems WEB: www.dre...

[ANN] Diff::LCS 1.1.0, Diff::LCS 1.0.4
It is with pleasure that I announce the latest versions of Diff::LCS, a pure-Ruby differencing algorithm. Version 1.0.4 is an incremental bugfix that improves the installer (it is not entirely fixed for ri document generation; I believe that I have done most of what I can do with this), fixes a problem of missing left-side changes when comparing against an empty sequence, and fixes a problem with ldiff output, especially for unified diff output. Version 1.1.0 is a feature release that includes all bugfixes up to and including 1.0.4. In addition, it adds a new standard callback (ContextDiffCa...

UnixWare 7.1.4 and MySQL-4.1.12 and 4.1.X downloads.
Hello, For any one that tried to download mysql-4.1.11 or mysql-4.12 for UnixWare 7.1.X I am sorry. I messed up the permissions. I placed the binaries on the ftp server but forgot to check the permissions on the files. I have now fixed them. Sorry for the inconvience. Please note that UnixWare 7.1.12 needs the Berkeley DB libraies found at ftp://ftp.zenez.com/pub/zenez/prgms/bdb-4-mysql-4.1.12-uw7.tar.gz These need to be gunzip, gmake install, and a LD_LIBRARY_PATH added to use them. An other option is once you have installed them you can create a link from them to /usr/lib/. This version does fail one test the KILL test. I have included the messages from the failure for you information. kill [ fail ] Errors are (from /home/mount/zensco/local/zenez/build/mysql-4.1.12/mysql-test/var/log/mysqltest-time) : /home/mount/zensco/local/zenez/build/mysql-4.1.12/client/.libs/mysqltest: At line 31: query 'select 1' succeeded - should have failed with errno 2006... /home/mount/zensco/local/zenez/build/mysql-4.1.12/client/.libs/mysqltest: At line 41: Result length mismatch (the last lines may be the most important ones) Below are the diffs between actual and expected results: ------------------------------------------------------- *** r/kill.result Fri May 13 15:04:03 2005 --- r/kill.reject Tue May 31 09:38:47 2005 *************** *** 6,12 **** 0 kill @id; select 1; - Got one of the listed errors select ((@id :=...

ANN: Paraffin 4.0 and Paraffinalia for Ada 2012 with Ravenscar support and task pools
I am pleased to announce a new major release of Paraffin for Ada 2012. Paraffin is a set of Ada 2012 generics that may be used to add parallelism to iterative loops and recursive code. Paraffin now includes generics for both Ravenscar and non-Ravenscar use. The Ravenscar version utilizes static task pools with dispatching domains suitable for real-time programming. Paraffin also includes Paraffinalia, which is a suit of useful parallel utilities that utilize the Paraffin generics. These include generics for; 1) generic to integrating a function in parallel 2) generic to apply quicksort algorithm in parallel to an array 3) generic to apply fast fourier transform to an array of data. 4) generic Red-Black tree container that performs some operations in parallel. 5) function to solve matrices using Gauss-Jordan Elimination 6) generic to perform prefix sum calculations The Ada 2012 version of the code is a major change to the API, which is why this is a major release. The 2005 version still has the old interface, and currently is treated as an archive, though the 2012 version of the API may eventually get backported to 2005 at some point. The latest stable release and older releases may be downloaded from; https://sourceforge.net/projects/paraffin/files/ For those who want the current development versions of the source they can download using git (http://git-scm.com/) by issuing the following commands; mkdi...

java 1.4 fail with java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError but 1.5, 1.6 ok
My JNI program is working with java 1.5 & 1.6 but fail with java 1.4 on a HP-UX B.11.23 U ia64 computer. Please help even though java 1.4 is old. $ /opt/java1.4/bin/java -d32 -jar jHw.jar Failed to load MycompAPI and MycompAPI_64 libraries. java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no MycompAPI_64 in java.library.path at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1542) at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:795) at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:834) at com.chrysalisits.crypto.MycompAPI.<clinit>(MycompAPI.java: 47) at com.chrys...

[ANN] Blosc 1.1.4 released
=============================================================== Announcing Blosc 1.1.4 A blocking, shuffling and lossless compression library =============================================================== What is new? ============ - Redefinition of the BLOSC_MAX_BUFFERSIZE constant as (INT_MAX - BLOSC_MAX_OVERHEAD) instead of just INT_MAX. This prevents to produce outputs larger than INT_MAX, which is not supported. - `exit()` call has been replaced by a ``return -1`` in blosc_compress() when checking for buffer sizes. Now programs will not just exit when the buff...

[ANN] JRuby 1.1.4 Released
The JRuby community is pleased to announce the release of JRuby 1.1.4! Homepage: http://www.jruby.org/ Download: http://dist.codehaus.org/jruby/ JRuby 1.1.4 is the fourth point release of JRuby 1.1. The fixes in this release are primarily obvious compatibility problems and performance enhancements. Our goal is to put out point releases more frequently for the next several months (about 3-4 weeks a release). We want a more rapid release cycle to better address issues brought up by users of JRuby. Highlights: - Massive refactoring of Java integration layer - 2-20x speed up of most featu...

[ANN] ruby2ruby 1.1.4 Released
ruby2ruby version 1.1.4 has been released! http://seattlerb.rubyforge.org/ http://rubyforge.org/projects/seattlerb ruby2ruby provides a means of generating pure ruby code easily from ParseTree's Sexps. This makes making dynamic language processors much easier in ruby than ever before. Changes: == 1.1.4 / 2007-01-15 * 4 minor enhancements: * Added some extra rewriting code and tests for various bmethods. Ugh. * Added support for splatted block args. * Refactored class/module and dsym/dstr. * Short if/unless statements are now post-conditional expressions. * 4 bug fi...

[ANN] ImageroReader 1.4.4 released
ImageroReader is a Java library for reading image files. ImageroReader can read BMP, TIFF, PNG, JNG, MNG, CRW, JPEG, PSD and PBM/PGM/PPM image files, and can read thumbnails and metadata (EXIF, IPTC, XMP) from those files and THM. It includes also an utility to drop metadata from JPEG files. ImageroReader uses UnifiedIO which allows random access to any data (even over HTTP), and gives a clear difference between read only and read/write access. ImageroReader defines simple Interface ImageReader to read image files. ImageReader interface allows to get image width and height, image count co...

Web resources about - ANN: Paraffin 4.1, Parallelism Generics - comp.lang.ada

Bit-level parallelism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Increasing the word size reduces the number of instructions the processor must execute in order to perform an operation on variables whose sizes ...

NVDA, INTC: Fun New Tricks with Virtualization, Parallelism
In case you missed it, there have been some interesting technical assessments put out about Intel ( INTC ) and Nvidia ( NVDA ) in the last 24 ...

The Future of C++ Concurrency and Parallelism
It was my first experience working with the C++ Standardization Committee in a subgroup dedicated to concurrency and parallelism. I won’t bore ...

A Robust Histogram for Massive Parallelism
Preserving highly parallel performance when every thread is simultaneously trying to increment a single object

NVIDIA teams with PGI for CUDA-x86, gifts its brand of parallelism to the world
NVIDIA's GPU Technology Conference 2010 just kicked off in San Jose, and CEO Jen-Hsun Huang has shared something interesting with us on stage ...

NVIDIA Supports Parallelism in Visual Studio 2010 with New Beta
NVIDIA has announced a new open beta for its Parallel Nsight plug-in, which enables Microsoft Visual Studio developers to create applications ...

Solving the Shakespeare Million Monkeys Problem in Real-time with Parallelism and SignalR - Scott Hanselman ...
... Zen of Computers and Life in General A little over 18 months ago I was talking to Stephen Toub (he of the Parallel Computing fame ) about parallelism ...

Intel tools push parallelism to developers
Intel is creating family of tools to help developers take advantage of capabilities in upcoming Larrabee processor, ease shift to parallel computing ...

Researchers claim computer records for speed, scale, detail and parallelism
Researchers were looking for a way to more accurately weather forecasts ; what they got was US records for size, performance, and detail of computer ...

Java 8 streams API and parallelism
In the last post in this series, we learned about functional interfaces and lambdas. In particular, we looked at the ITrade functional interface, ...