exception access violation

Hi,
I am compiling a program with gnat gps and I am receiving an access
violation error.  And my program crashes at this point.

 Exception raised
 >>> Exception Name        => PROGRAM_ERROR
>>> Exception Message     => EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Does anyone know what this could mean?

Thanks,
jade

0
xanshi (5)
11/13/2006 7:31:37 PM
comp.lang.ada 8774 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

On Mon, 2006-11-13 at 11:31 -0800, Jade wrote:
> Hi,
> I am compiling a program with gnat gps and I am receiving an access
> violation error.  And my program crashes at this point.
>
>  Exception raised
>  >>> Exception Name        => PROGRAM_ERROR
> Does anyone know what this could mean?

Could be related to memory access via the operation system, GNAT
experts might be able to tell.
This will be easier to say if you post some code. This excerpt is
from seh_init.c, which you can find in ${GNAT_DIR}/.../adainclude/

  switch (ExceptionRecord->ExceptionCode)
    {
    case EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION:
      /* If the failing address isn't maximally-aligned or if the page
         before the faulting page is not accessible, this is a program error.
      */
      if ((ExceptionRecord->ExceptionInformation[1] & 3) != 0
          || IsBadCodePtr
          ((void *)(ExceptionRecord->ExceptionInformation[1] + 4096)))
        {
          exception = &program_error;
          msg = "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION";
        }
      else
        {
          /* otherwise it is a stack overflow  */
          exception = &storage_error;
          msg = "stack overflow (or erroneous memory access)";
        }
      break;

-- Georg

0
bauhaus1 (735)
11/13/2006 9:35:52 PM
Jade wrote:

> Hi,
> I am compiling a program with gnat gps and I am receiving an access
> violation error.  And my program crashes at this point.

I'm not sure if you refer to the compilation crashing or your program
crashing on execution. It seems this latter one.

>  Exception raised
>  >>> Exception Name        => PROGRAM_ERROR
> Does anyone know what this could mean?

This is typical of dangling pointers. I.e. you're accessing deallocated
memory. Are you managing some heap memory by hand? If so, I'd suggest using
gdb to get backtraces and/or GNAT.Debug_Pools to aid in the diagnose (if
you're using GNAT obviously) as a first step.
0
devnull2904 (402)
11/14/2006 9:09:03 AM
I shuffled around my code and the error is now

Exception Name        => STORAGE_ERROR
 Exception Message     => stack overflow (or erroneous memory access)

I must adjust the stack size either thru gnatbind or gnatlink.  Not
sure what is best.

Jade.

Alex R. Mosteo wrote:
> Jade wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I am compiling a program with gnat gps and I am receiving an access
> > violation error.  And my program crashes at this point.
>
> I'm not sure if you refer to the compilation crashing or your program
> crashing on execution. It seems this latter one.
>
> >  Exception raised
> >  >>> Exception Name        => PROGRAM_ERROR
> > Does anyone know what this could mean?
>
> This is typical of dangling pointers. I.e. you're accessing deallocated
> memory. Are you managing some heap memory by hand? If so, I'd suggest using
> gdb to get backtraces and/or GNAT.Debug_Pools to aid in the diagnose (if
> you're using GNAT obviously) as a first step.

0
xanshi (5)
11/14/2006 7:34:43 PM
On Wed, 2006-11-15 at 10:58 +0100, Alex R. Mosteo wrote:

> However, if you're managing large data structures (over 4MB in size), I'd go
> for a heap-based solution using controlled types. In my experience, abusing
> the stack is a source of headaches sooner or later (specially if you are
> doing something portable).

Why is using the heap + controlled for larger data structures
more portable than using the stack? I know that GNAT needs to
be talked into providing sufficient space on the stack.
You might be that running into this kind of stack trouble only
when you port from another compiler to GNAT?

Should the decision whether some object lives on the heap or on
the stack be based on compilers' support for dynamically sized
local data structures?

0
bauhaus1 (735)
11/15/2006 9:52:10 AM
Jade wrote:

> I shuffled around my code and the error is now
>
> Exception Name        => STORAGE_ERROR
>  Exception Message     => stack overflow (or erroneous memory access)

Stack size is an OS matter, so you must tell gnatlink the parameters that
will go to the system linker. There are a few threads discussing how to do
this with GNAT that you'll easily find in google groups, at least one is
recent.

However, if you're managing large data structures (over 4MB in size), I'd go
for a heap-based solution using controlled types. In my experience, abusing
the stack is a source of headaches sooner or later (specially if you are
doing something portable).

Note that ill-managed recursivity can also be a source of stack overflows,
and you can check this in GNAT with -fstack-check. Without it, stack
overflows are sometimes reported as violations instead.

Regards, Alex.
0
devnull2904 (402)
11/15/2006 9:58:09 AM
Georg Bauhaus wrote:

> Why is using the heap + controlled for larger data structures
> more portable than using the stack? I know that GNAT needs to
> be talked into providing sufficient space on the stack.
> You might be that running into this kind of stack trouble only
> when you port from another compiler to GNAT?

I have no experiences out of GNAT, that be said first.

In past times, I had to deal with implicit limits in Linux/ld (I seem to
remember it was 2MB. This has changed with kernels and is no longer an
issue). Because of this, porting from Windows to Linux was somewhat painful
because problems not arising in Windows did arise in Linux (even using the
usual linker stack options, so I had to dig for even more obscure
switches). Other languages don't exploit so much the stack, so it is more
difficult to find experiences in the area from other developers.

Other point that may be relevant: by default, gnat doesn't release memory
historically claimed by stacks, contrarily to heap-allocated one. Couple
this with lots of tasks or recursivity and quickly memory can start to be
an issue. (I'm not sure if this is linux 2.6 default behavior or gnat
management of secondary stacks, couldn't locate it in the docs).

Finally is the trap I always fall for: "This is small enough to be in the
stack". And then it grows, and then it starts to be a problem, or some
recursive algorithm can't recurse enough, and you end changing it or having
humongous stacks or reworking algorithms.

Of course, in realtime environments you'll prefer to know your memory needs
from the start.

> Should the decision whether some object lives on the heap or on
> the stack be based on compilers' support for dynamically sized
> local data structures?

As long as compilers are not perfect, I suppose it is at least an extra
factor to consider. Also, I'd not limit it only to dynamically sized data.

I've been bitten several times by stack-related problems when using GNAT,
that's all I wanted to transmit (hence the 'in my experience' remark). If
you don't have desires to learn about system internals, GNAT
primary/secondary stacks and so... use the heap, luke ;)

It is worrysome that I'm saying all this, because I find much more
comfortable using the stack than any heap management.
0
devnull2904 (402)
11/15/2006 1:32:11 PM
On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 09:52:10 UTC, Georg Bauhaus
<bauhaus@futureapps.de> wrote:

> Why is using the heap + controlled for larger data structures
> more portable than using the stack? I

Some operating systems put smaller than you would expect limitations
on the environment stack.  And while you can change it in some cases,
while playing around, I found that Mac OSX, for example, seemed to
have a 16MB limit (going by memory).  And since task stacks were put
on this stack instead of in the heap, that further limited it.  If I
was writing stuff from scratch that was also going to run on it, I
would work on putting the data on the heap.

kevink4 (65)

[ace-bugs] ACE_Service_Config::close() exception: Unhandled exception in test.exe (ACED.DLL): 0xC0000005:Access Violation
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C6A5D2.D5EEBB74 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable ACE VERSION: 5.5 =20 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows XP service pack1=20 =20 DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: COMPILATION? LINKING? On Unix systems, did you run make realclean first? EXECUTION? OTHER (please specify)? EXECUTION =20 SYNOPSIS: ACE_Service_Config::close() has exception: =20 Unhandled exception in test.exe (ACED.DLL): 0xC0000005:Access Violation =20 DESCRIPTION: I try to use this function to load the logging configuration in runtime (latest release ACE, Windows XP sp1, VC++ 6.0). =20 The source code is:=20 CLogger::CLogger() { if(ACE_Service_Config::open (ACE_TEXT ("ACE_Logger"), ACE_DEFAULT_LOGGER_KEY, =20 0, //if 1, ignore static svc 0, //take value from svc.conf 0) < 0) //1 ignore debug flag exit(0);=20 } =20 /** @brief Destructor=20 *=20 */ CLogger::~CLogger() { ACE_Service_Config::close(); } =20 But when this class is desctrured , then I got an exception: Unhandled exception in test.exe (ACED.DLL): 0xC00000005: Acess Violation.=20 =20 I am wo...

exception : 0xC0000005: Access Violation
Hi, I am getting the following exception First-chance exception in TestMansoor.exe: 0xC0000005: Access Violation When i run the following code 1 int main(void) 2 { 3 char* str1 = "MA"; 4 char s = str1[0]; 5 str1[0] = 'r'; 6 return 0; 7 } i'm getting exception on line 5. Why? Bye. batista wrote: > Hi, > > I am getting the following exception > > First-chance exception in TestMansoor.exe: 0xC0000005: Access Violation > > When i run the following code > > 1 int main(void) > 2 { > 3 char* str1 = "MA"; > 4 char s = str1[0]...

R e: Catching access violation exceptions
In article <slrnbnj19j.av.juergen@monocerus.manannan.org>, Juergen Heinzl wrote: >In article <f93791bd.0309282133.650da850@posting.google.com>, Steven Reddie wrote: >> I understand that access violations aren't part of the standard C++ >> exception handling support. On Windows, a particular MSVC compiler >> option enables Microsoft's Structured Exception Handling (SEH) in C++ >> EH so that a catch (...) will catch an access violation. I don't know >> if other platforms support something similar. >> >> I'm wondering abo...

New version 7109: Exception Access Violation!
The new "Paid Mode" version 7.1.0.9 is giving me the error shown below. This is happening when my PC is idle (I'm usually not even in the room) and Eudora is automaticlly checking for new incoming mail. Does anyone know a fix? Thanks, MrBill ------------------------------------ Mon Oct 16 12:08:16 2006 7.1.0.9 Eudora.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module mshtml.dll at 001B:7DE89D5B, com_ms_osp_ospmrshl_releaseByValExternal()+685299 byte(s) MrBill <NoSpam@NoSpam.Com> wrote in news:3j18j2tqfia0man1dvc9m6vpffgqonrghl@4ax.com: > This is ...

WindowsError: exception: access violation writing 0x00000000
Hello! I am using cTypes on Windows to interface with a dll and I keep getting an error when I execute this method: def eDigitalIn(self, channel, idNum = None, demo = 0, readD=0): """ Name: U12.eAnalogIn(channel, idNum = None, demo = 0, readD=0) Args: See section 4.4 of the User's Guide Desc: This is a simplified version of Counter. Reads & resets the counter (CNT). """ if idNum is None: idNum = self.id ljid = ctypes.c_long(idNum) state = ctypes.c_long(999) ecode = staticLib.ECount(ctypes.byref(ljid), demo, channel, readD, ctypes.byref(state)) if ecode != 0: raise LabJackException(ecode) if ljid == -1: raise LabJackException(-1, "LabJack not found.") return {"idnum":ljid.value, "state":state.value} Here is the error message: Traceback (most recent call last): File "<pyshell#4>", line 1, in <module> device.eDigitalIn(0) File "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Python \LabJackPython_new\u12.py", line 118, in eDigitalIn ecode = staticLib.ECount(ctypes.byref(ljid), demo, channel, readD, ctypes.byref(state)) WindowsError: exception: access violation writing 0x00000000 Here is the signature of the method (which is known to work with C++ programs): long _stdcall EDigitalIn(long *idnum, long demo, long channel, long readD, ...

Unhandled exception in mmc.exe: : Access violation
Hi all, Since yesterday I'm unable to lauch the enterprise manager, it gives the following error : Unhandled exception at 0x0101f07e in mmc.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000064. The weird thing is that except installing the office xp PIA's I can't image what else could be changed on my system. I tried reinstalling, but still the same error. I tried SP3a, still nothing changed. Searched in some groups and it seems that not much can be found about it, so my inspiration is running dry. Anyone had this problem ? Anyone any suggestions how to solve it ? Regards, Koen Hi,Koen I experienced exact the same problem, what I found is that under W2K is ok, the same MMC application, while in 2003 Server is not ok, have you found how to solve the problem? Thanks Jack Hi Jack, The solution for me was is this thread : http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.sqlserver.server/browse_thread/thread/f4328278a688c187/09cf487e8f4d55ca?lnk=st&q=sql+%22enterprise+manager%22+%22windows+update%22&rnum=5#09cf487e8f4d55ca The solution is to delete the file "C:\Documents and Settings\<your_name>.<your_domain_name>\Application Data\Microsoft\MMC\SQL Server Enterprise Manager" Hope it helps for you Regards, Koen ccss schreef: > Hi,Koen > I experienced exact the same problem, what I found is that under W2K is > ok, the same MMC application, while in 2003 Server is not ok, have you > found how to solv...

program error (exception access violation) in windows
> raised PROGRAM_ERROR : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION We have tried, in numerous ways, to come up with an ada library that can be used by c programs. The ada program needs to return a pretty large and ugly dynamic structure. For the sake of discussion, think of it as an array of structs (with pointers to dynamic sub-arrays). I've gotten it to work flawlessly under linux using shared libraries. I use a combination of importing malloc() and the Ada.Address_To_Access_Conversions package. In this way, I can malloc the correctly sized eventual c data-structure, and use the created access from that package to populate the data structure. When I return the address of that to C, everything appears to work fine. I can free it like any other C data structure. It seems to fail (sometimes) when I move it to windows (using a c program and my ada-based dll), resulting in the above exception. When I remove the free calls, in c, everything works fine (and memory leaks). I have a 'minimal' program that uses a simple array of integers, and it seems to work fine, but for our main program, it still crashes. Tommorow, I'm going to rip apart our program to see if I can find a minimal example of the crashing behavior. We've tried numerous different ways of allocating the memory in ada, and free'ing it in C. We even got a smiliar error when we tried allocating it in Ada, and free'ing it in Ada through another C call to the ada library. We are about to change our inte...

[tao-bugs] Access Violation exception in orb->run()
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C55FA3.9F0A1BF8 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable TAO VERSION: 1.3 ACE VERSION: 5.3 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Win2003 Server TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): MS Visual Studio 6.0 SP5 AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: None. DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: COMPILATION? No. LINKING? No. EXECUTION? Yes. OTHER (please specify)? No. SYNOPSIS: I have a CORBA server application that mediates between CORBA and DCOM, using xml for requests/responses and two TAO_CEC_EventChannel event channels for asynchronous communications. After a few days of everything running fine, I get an exception (ACCESS_VIOLATION) from the thread running the orb. From the CORBA debug info, I get (more complete debug info in DESCRIPTION): TAO (2500|2556) - Transport[1220]::report_invalid_event_handler(Transport::send_message_sh ared) no longer associated with handler [tag=3D0] TAO (2500|2556) - IIOP_Transport[1220]::send_message, write failure - No such file or directory TAO: (2500|2556) TAO_ServerRequest::tao_send_reply: No such file or directory: cannot send reply It is the thread 2556 that throws the exception that is cau...

Re: [tao-bugs] Access Violation exception in orb->run()
Hi Pedro, Thanks for using the PRF. >> TAO VERSION: 1.3 >> ACE VERSION: 5.3 Please upgrade to ACE+TAO x.4.5, which you can download from http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/Download.html under the heading "latest beta kit". The DOC groups at Washington University, UC Irvine, and Vanderbilt University only provide "best effort" support for non-sponsors for the latest beta kit, as described in http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE_wrappers/docs/ACE-bug-process.html Thus, if you need more "predictable" help, I recommend that you check out http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/commercial-support.html for a list of companies that will provide you with ACE+TAO commercial support. Thanks, Doug >> HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: >> Win2003 Server >> >> TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: >> COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): >> MS Visual Studio 6.0 SP5 >> >> AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: >> None. >> >> DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: >> COMPILATION? >> No. >> LINKING? >> No. >> EXECUTION? >> Yes. >> OTHER (please specify)? >> No. >> >> SYNOPSIS: >> I have a CORBA server application...

"ERROR: Read Access Violation In Task ( APPEND ] Exception"
L&G, Could anyone quickly remind one hapless chap having to endure Windoze whence this stems: ERROR: Read Access Violation In Task ( APPEND ] Exception occurred at (6711498D) Task Traceback I'm not telling what I suspect it is to leave your minds tabula rasa. Thanks in advance! Kind regards, ================= Paul M. Dorfman Jacksonville, FL ================= _________________________________________________________________ Wonder if the latest virus has gotten to your computer? Find out. Run the FREE McAfee online computer scan! http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp...

Unhandled exception in MediaLink.exe (COMCTL32.DLL) : 0xC0000005 : Access Violation
Hello, I am getting an Unhandled Exception with some operations that are done with wxTreeCtrl & wxListCtrl on Windows XP OS.And the exception occurs after code leaves the function block for OnDoubleClick() event on wxTreeCtrl. Exception Is :-- Unhandled exception in MediaLink.exe (COMCTL32.DLL) : 0xC0000005 : Access Violation Version of COMCTL32.dll at below path is :-- Path C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.Windows.Common- Controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.0.0_x-ww_1382d70a Version 6.0.2600.0 Version of COMCTL32.dll at below path is :-- Path C:\WINDOWS\system32 Version 5.82.2900.2180 A...

URGENT - DTS - Need to run the object to perform the operation
Aaaaaarrgghh ! (that's better) I am trying to convert a field within my Oracle 9i Database that is of type BLOB (but this BLOB may contain a combination of clobs/varchars or images such as gif images, jpg images) to Microsoft SQL Server 2000 using Microsoft DTS. On trying to perform this simple conversion I recieved the error "Need to run the object to perform the operation - Exception Access Violation" from Microsoft DTS and my table that contains this BLOB field is not converted across. After further investigation I implemented the fixes suggested by the Microsoft Knowledge Base and "sqldts.com" but still no joy the error kept occuring. I discovered my modifying the step in the DTS package that handled this table conversion that contained the BLOB column that when I changed the data type on my SQL Server target table to VARBINARY and modified the query so that only the BLOBs that contained clobs/varchars were brought across that the error went away. I then proceeded to create another DTS package step that had a query that only brought across the BLOB column that contained images such as gif images/jpeg images etc. and the error went away and the target type for the SQL Server target table was set to IMAGE. As the data for this BLOB contains a combination of VARCHARS/CLOBS (concatanted) and also GIF IMAGES/JPEGS in the same source column with Oracle 9i I require the same in my target table within SQL server as one column (and I should be able to...

Does anyone know what this means? CAVIStreamSynth: System exception
Does anyone know what CAVIStreamSynth: System exception - Access Violation at 0x62622371, reading from 0x62c8d334 means? Thanks, Martin On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 19:49:21 -0700 (PDT), CS Student <marty.musatov@gmail.com> wrote: >Does anyone know what CAVIStreamSynth: System exception - Access >Violation at 0x62622371, reading from 0x62c8d334 means? Thanks, Martin Smells like a Windows OS exception. Go to www.microsoft.com and search there. OT for the groups in which you posted this question. On 2011-06-16, CS Student <marty.musatov@gmail.com> wrote: > Does anyone know what C...

Unhandled exception at 0x7c90100b in MARTT.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xbaadf041.
Hi, I encoutered an error when I continue debugging, which reads: Unhandled exception at 0x7c90100b in MARTT.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xbaadf041. The arrow points at the last line of the following code: void CView::OnPaint() { // standard paint routine CPaintDC dc(this); OnPrepareDC(&dc); OnDraw(&dc); } Can anyone help? Thanks... Hi, Can anyone advise? Appreciate it... "Michael Pan" <savememp@hotmail.com> wrote in message <h5pl3i$abj$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi, > > I encoutered an error when I continue debuggin...

Unhandled exception in SWilk.exe (SWilk2.dll) (0 xC0000005) : Access violation error in Fortran dll.
Hello, I have created a Fortran dll. I am trying to call it from a vb6 program. When the program calls the dll subroutine I get "Unhandled exception in SWilk.exe (SWilk2.dll) (0 xC0000005) : Access violation" error. It is possibly argument mismatch, but I cannot locate it. Could anyone help me please? Thank you. The partial VB calling program and Fortran program listings are shown below: Athena --------------VB form file---------------------------- Option Explicit Option Base 1 Private Sub Command1_Click() Dim init As Long Dim n As Long Dim n1 As Long Dim n2 As Lon...

SOCI-Ada: The Database Access Library for Ada
I am pleased to announce that the first version of SOCI-Ada is available to download: http://www.inspirel.com/soci-ada/ The SOCI-Ada library is built on top of a successful SOCI library that was written for C++ programmers. The advantages of SOCI-Ada are: * Modular design based on dynamic backend loading. Thanks to this feature, new backends implemented within the context of the main SOCI project are immediately available for Ada programmers without any additional work. A large community of C++ users can help ensure that the new backends are well tested in a variety of environments and usage scenarios. * Native backends for major database servers ensure optimal performance and minimize configuration overhead and complexity that is usually associated with other database access methods. * Direct support for bulk operations allow to achieve high performance with queries that operate on large data sets. * Very liberal open-source license (Boost, accepted by Open Source Initiative) that encourages both commercial and non-commercial use. * Easy to use and compact interface. Currently the following backends are available, each communicating with the database server via its native interface (no ODBC required): * Oracle * PostgreSQL * MySQL The link above is a starting point for both downloads and online docs, but I think the best way to attract attention is to show examples of *full* programs that access a database using this library. Such examples are available here: htt...

access to Access
We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it including me. We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. Thanks Mike We have just started this database so any changes would be better done sooner. Mike Kelliher wrote: > We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it > including me. > We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to > access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to > log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way > around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. > Thanks Mike > We have just started this database so any changes would be better done > sooner. It's highly recommended to have the database split with the data on the shared network drive and a copy of the frontend (forms/reports/etc) on each PC. You'll still get issues if people try to edit the same record for example. Also, you must make sure each user has permission to create new files on the network dive/folder where the MDB is located as Access dynamically creates an LDB file for record locking. If they can't create this file then Access reverts to single-user only. -- regards, Br@dley Br@dley wrote:...

But..... WHY??? Access Violation
Hey there! Something Wicked has turned up here with me... Guaranteed to be "nothing", and I'm gonna be embarrassed when I find out what is wrong, but I think I have stared myself blind on my own code. Why the @**@ does this stop with an Access Violation on the marked line??? and: _Is_ there a point of using "static" on lexxBuffer (wta performance), or should I remove it? #define BUFFERLEN 256 BOOL IsFLOAT(LPCSTR token) { static CHAR lexxBuffer[BUFFERLEN]; INT strLen = strlen(token); if (strLen == 0) return FALSE; if (strLen >= BUFFERLEN)...

Access violation???
i get the following exception. i have no idea where to begin from. could someone point me to the solution? Unhandled exception at 0x5c5aa3d7 (msvcr90d.dll) in addWithObjects1.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x012888a0. class TheDate { public: TheDate(char initialDateBuffer[9]); ~TheDate(); char *GetDateBuffer(); void SetDateBuffer(char dateBuffer[9]); //void DisplayDate(char theDateBuffer[9]); private: char theDateBuffer[9]; }; TheDate::TheDate(char initialDateBuffer[9]) { strncpy_s( theDateBuffer,9, initialDateBuffer,9); } The...

Access Violation
System: Windows 2003 Server PHP 5 Final IIS 6 Problem: Every time I run a PHP page I get "PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 017473CD" at the bottom of the page... But even worse, when I try to run a mysql/php page I get "Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_pconnect() in D:\All_Users\workshop\Connections\GardenersWorkshop.php on line 6 PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 017473CD" Can someone please please help.. Im in desperate need for a fix.. Many Thanks SCS wrote: > System: > Windows 2003 Server > PHP 5 Final > IIS 6 > >...

Access violation
My aplication 16 bits fails all the times on W2K, but not on XP. I got this extract text with windbg. Could you help me to understand it ? Thanks a lot. Nata. Loading [D:\my1.DLL] Loading [D:\my2.DLL] ModLoad: 75a50000 75a55000 D:\WINNT\system32\sensapi.dll ModLoad: 7ca00000 7ca23000 D:\WINNT\system32\rsabase.dll ModLoad: 1a400000 1a478000 D:\WINNT\system32\urlmon.dll ModLoad: 77830000 7783c000 D:\WINNT\System32\rnr20.dll ModLoad: 777d0000 777d8000 D:\WINNT\System32\winrnr.dll ModLoad: 777e0000 777e5000 D:\WINNT\system32\rasadhlp.dll ModLoad: 74f50000 74f6e000 D:\W...

Access Violation
Hi, I get the following error on closing my application - Error Code 50[Access Violation] Subsystem:VO-CODE ErrorSubCode:5333 Argument Number:2 Description:ApplicationCodeError. This error comes up only when I run the exe - not when I run it in VO. I am unable to trap it either in the VO debugger or in debugview. Any suggestions? TIA Vaishali Vaishali. This is common. It means you are doing a deliberate destroy somewhere where you shouldn't. Look through all your close and destroy methods. It is likely to be in your master window class. In my 5333 paper th...

Access Violation??
Hi all take a look at this : var data : array of boolean; begin setlength(data, 100); checkbox1.selected:=data[150]; end; OK now why do I NOT get an Access Violation or at least an Out Of Range error when trying to call a non-existent element in this array? The result of data[150] is always false, but setting or reading the element does not give any errors "Vertuas" <vertuas@[nospam]callistocs.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:tDmld.43$Zz2.34@newsfe2-gui.ntli.net... > Hi all > > take a look at this : > > var ...

access violation
This is a challenge ! Can't find the reason I get this error. It happens on the statement "MyDataset.Last". The program simply exits to Winfows. Executing it in the IDE, it gives the complicated message ".. access violation at xxxx; read of address..". MyDataset is the name for a TTable component and it exists, since if I introduce a test like " if MyDataset.Active then ..." this statement is executed with no problems. I can give more information if needed. Now I jsut see if anybody reach for the challenge.. Franco FrancoJommi wrote: > This ...

Web resources about - exception access violation - comp.lang.ada

GPL linking exception - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A GPL linking exception modifies the GNU General Public License (GPL) to create a new, modified license. Such modified licenses enable software ...

Podcast #42 – It’s The Exception That Proves The Rule
... Language and Usage , which was frustrated by the high number of certain types of questions that were coming in. Is this podcast the exception ...

Alan Adler on WIPO negotiations on copyright exceptions - YouTube
Alan Adler is Vice President for Legal and Government Affairs for the Association of American Publishers. On July 18, 2012, Alan was interviewed ...

Queensland the exception as Labor to preference Greens before all in Senate
Labor's national executive has ordered the party to preference the Greens ahead of all others in every state except Queensland.

Bike thefts spike in exception to drop in crime
... level in nine years, with a 28 per cent jump in three months. Bicycle thefts have soared to their highest level in nine years, a rare exception ...

Many rugby films wind up in dead ball area but The Ground We Won is an exception
If rugby is the game they play in heaven, rugby movies generally come from a lesser place.

Remakes are all the rage, and sport's no exception
Over the past year or so, franchises such as Star Wars and Rocky have solidified what many pundits already believed, and that is that people ...

Is Richard Umbers, Bernie Brookes' replacement as Myer CEO, an exception?
Myer's CIO was recently elevated to the top job, but he's in a very small minority.

Men Need to Admit That Jian Ghomeshi Is No Exception
That men like Jian Ghomeshi are a terrible exception and if we as men simply stand up and say we are not as bad as that, or that we are not rapists ...

China, Thailand reach visa exception agreement
China, Thailand reach visa exception agreement People's Daily Online ... this at a forum on China's foreign diplomacy held in Beijing. Both ...