program error (exception access violation) in windows

> raised PROGRAM_ERROR : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

We have tried, in numerous ways, to come up with an ada library that
can be used by c programs. The ada program needs to return a pretty
large and ugly dynamic structure. For the sake of discussion, think of
it as an array of structs (with pointers to dynamic sub-arrays).

I've gotten it to work flawlessly under linux using shared libraries. I
use a combination of importing malloc() and the
Ada.Address_To_Access_Conversions package. In this way, I can malloc
the correctly sized eventual c data-structure, and use the created
access from that package to populate the data structure. When I return
the address of that to C, everything appears to work fine. I can free
it like any other C data structure.

It seems to fail (sometimes) when I move it to windows (using a c
program and my ada-based dll), resulting in the above exception. When I
remove the free calls, in c, everything works fine (and memory leaks).
I have a 'minimal' program that uses a simple array of integers, and it
seems to work fine, but for our main program, it still crashes.
Tommorow, I'm going to rip apart our program to see if I can find a
minimal example of the crashing behavior.

We've tried numerous different ways of allocating the memory in ada,
and free'ing it in C. We even got a smiliar error when we tried
allocating it in Ada, and free'ing it in Ada through another C call to
the ada library. We are about to change our interface from Ada to
single elements, only, and have C wrapper functions that do all the
allocating and query for each single value to populate the data
structure.

Has anyone heard of issues like this? Or have a possible guess as to
what is going on?

0
ldb_nospam (13)
9/26/2006 11:18:33 PM
comp.lang.ada 8774 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

> raised PROGRAM_ERROR : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
  Memory allocation is clearly very compiler dependent.  I guess you
are using some variety of Gnat?  What does a stack traceback show?
Does the Linux version run with the same series of allocations
and pass successfully through the point where the Windows version
finds itself with a null pointer?
  Are you sure this exception is being raised by your Ada program's
attempt to reference through a null pointer, or might it be something
down inside the run-time system that could be different in Linux
vs Windows Gnat?

> We've tried numerous different ways of allocating the memory in ada,
> and free'ing it in C. We even got a smiliar error when we tried
> allocating it in Ada, and free'ing it in Ada through another C call to
> the ada library.
  If you do all the allocation and deallocation within your Ada
program, and none in the C program, do you still have problems?
How about if you don't use any Ada "new" or Unchecked_Deallocation,
but always make explicit calls to C routines.
0
tmoran (768)
9/27/2006 2:22:23 AM
ldb schrieb:
>> raised PROGRAM_ERROR : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
>
> We have tried, in numerous ways, to come up with an ada library that
> can be used by c programs. The ada program needs to return a pretty
> large and ugly dynamic structure. For the sake of discussion, think of
> it as an array of structs (with pointers to dynamic sub-arrays).
>
> I've gotten it to work flawlessly under linux using shared libraries. I
> use a combination of importing malloc() and the
> Ada.Address_To_Access_Conversions package. In this way, I can malloc
> the correctly sized eventual c data-structure, and use the created
> access from that package to populate the data structure. When I return
> the address of that to C, everything appears to work fine. I can free
> it like any other C data structure.
>
> It seems to fail (sometimes) when I move it to windows (using a c
> program and my ada-based dll), resulting in the above exception. When I
> remove the free calls, in c, everything works fine (and memory leaks).
> I have a 'minimal' program that uses a simple array of integers, and it
> seems to work fine, but for our main program, it still crashes.
> Tommorow, I'm going to rip apart our program to see if I can find a
> minimal example of the crashing behavior.
>
> We've tried numerous different ways of allocating the memory in ada,
> and free'ing it in C. We even got a smiliar error when we tried
> allocating it in Ada, and free'ing it in Ada through another C call to
> the ada library. We are about to change our interface from Ada to
> single elements, only, and have C wrapper functions that do all the
> allocating and query for each single value to populate the data
> structure.
>
> Has anyone heard of issues like this? Or have a possible guess as to
> what is going on?

I once worked with C. Now I used gnat wich internaly uses malloc and
free anyway. Still I went thrue the trouble of localising all the memory
management on one side. Also I did not just provide a malloc and free
c-likes but OO "contructors" and "destructors" constructs.

Ok, you end up with lots of Xxxx_New and Xxxx_Delete functions but all
worked fine in the end.

Martin
0
krischik (1357)

C6EE
I have an application, originally developed with C55 (ABC, 32-bit), that I loaded and compiled successfully with C62EE. The exe runs as expected but creates the subject error after the prog has been terminated. Does anyone out there have a clue why my "C62 - version" mis-behaves whilst the "C55 - version" does not show this effect and how this problem can be resolved? Thanks in advance for any good idea, Klaus ...

"ERROR: Read Access Violation In Task ( APPEND ] Exception"
L&G, Could anyone quickly remind one hapless chap having to endure Windoze whence this stems: ERROR: Read Access Violation In Task ( APPEND ] Exception occurred at (6711498D) Task Traceback I'm not telling what I suspect it is to leave your minds tabula rasa. Thanks in advance! Kind regards, ================= Paul M. Dorfman Jacksonville, FL ================= _________________________________________________________________ Wonder if the latest virus has gotten to your computer? Find out. Run the FREE McAfee online computer scan! http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp...

Unhandled exception in SWilk.exe (SWilk2.dll) (0 xC0000005) : Access violation error in Fortran dll.
Hello, I have created a Fortran dll. I am trying to call it from a vb6 program. When the program calls the dll subroutine I get "Unhandled exception in SWilk.exe (SWilk2.dll) (0 xC0000005) : Access violation" error. It is possibly argument mismatch, but I cannot locate it. Could anyone help me please? Thank you. The partial VB calling program and Fortran program listings are shown below: Athena --------------VB form file---------------------------- Option Explicit Option Base 1 Private Sub Command1_Click() Dim init As Long Dim n As Long Dim n1 As Long Dim n2 As Lon...

Access denied error when accessing a Windows 2000 server
We are using NT4 domain (which user authenticate to) We have a folder within a share on a Windows 2000 server. The share has been give the permissions everybody full control and then all the sub folders have the appropriate rights but we get the access denied message when trying to access the shared folder. This only happens when the user logs on from a Windows NT4 workstation. If the user logs on from a Win2K workstation he is able to connect with out a problem. Any ideas ? Thanks in advance ...

Synatx error for Hello World Ada program in the web, or did Ada changed?
I was just testing my GPS installation from the latest GPL 2009 edition downloaded from Ada libre web site. So I just copied this hello world ada program shown here: http://www.engin.umd.umich.edu/CIS/course.des/cis400/ada/hworld.html Here it is: with Text_To; use Text_To procedure hello is begin put("Hello World"); end hello Funny thing is that, I got 2 syntax errors. (but GPS is working!) ";" is missing from the end of the first line and the end of the last line. Is this just an oversight on the above web page, or did Ada may be ch...

Opening 'iSeries Access for windows from a windows program'
Hi there!! I am a windows programmer (VB, VC++ etc). I have used 'iSeries Access for windows' emulator to log in and look data and stuff. Now I am asked to write a program in windows (VB or any other language) that calls (opens) emulator program. Let's say I have a function called 'find customer' when I log in through iSeries Access for windows emulator. Say it can be searched by name or SSN. Now how do I write a windows program that will directly take to emulator screen by passing on parameter like SSN. To make it clearer, I do not want to fetch data into windows program....

exception access violation
Hi, I am compiling a program with gnat gps and I am receiving an access violation error. And my program crashes at this point. Exception raised >>> Exception Name => PROGRAM_ERROR >>> Exception Message => EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION Does anyone know what this could mean? Thanks, jade On Mon, 2006-11-13 at 11:31 -0800, Jade wrote: > Hi, > I am compiling a program with gnat gps and I am receiving an access > violation error. And my program crashes at this point. > > Exception raised > >>> Exception Name => PROGRAM_ERROR > >>> Exception Message => EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION > Does anyone know what this could mean? Could be related to memory access via the operation system, GNAT experts might be able to tell. This will be easier to say if you post some code. This excerpt is from seh_init.c, which you can find in ${GNAT_DIR}/.../adainclude/ switch (ExceptionRecord->ExceptionCode) { case EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION: /* If the failing address isn't maximally-aligned or if the page before the faulting page is not accessible, this is a program error. */ if ((ExceptionRecord->ExceptionInformation[1] & 3) != 0 || IsBadCodePtr ((void *)(ExceptionRecord->ExceptionInformation[1] + 4096))) { exception = &program_error; msg = "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION"; } ...

Access violation- Error
Hi all, when i run my application sometime it gives the following error -------------- Error Code 50 (Access Violation) system VO Code error subcode 5333 Argument Number 2 Description: Application Code Error Causing Access violation Call Stack: DWREPORT:INIT(Line:87) STANDARDSHELLWINDOW:OMAXREPORT (Line:18) APP:START (Line 25) ------------- APP:START have the following lines Line No 23 SET(_SET_EXCLUSIVE,FALSE) 24 SetCollation( #CLIPPER ) 25 odatWait :=datWaitWindow {} 26 odatWait:Show(showcentered) 27 SELF:Initialize() ...

Dr Watson Access violation error following conversion to Access 97 from A2k
I have a database developed fully in Access 2000 which I make available to users of both Access 97 and Access 2000. I use a split front end/back end arrangement; with the BE in Access 97. When I have made developments I reissue the front end in both A97 and A2k formats. The latest version of the front end works fine in Access 2000, however when I convert it to A97, one object (a form), results in a Dr Watson Access violation error when it is run, or if I try to open it in design view, try to change its name or even just try to delete it. However, it works fine if I run that (A97) FE using A2k. This particular form was not touched in the last round of developments; so it has not changed since I successfully issued it in the previous version of the FE. I have tried: - compact and repair - decompiling (both in A2k and A97) I have now replaced the object from the previous version of the FE (in A2k) and reconverted to A97 - this works OK. However, I am concerned that this may happen again, and it would be far worse if it had been an object I had worked on. Can anyone help? I would be surprised if this, or something similar, did not happen again, Oliver. In my opinion, the convert to previous version feature should be treated only as an emergency measure to recover an MDB that has been unintentionally converted to the later version. I do *not* recommend using it on a regular basis in the way that you describe. If you want to develop for both Access 97 users and Access 2000 ...

[ace-bugs] ACE_Service_Config::close() exception: Unhandled exception in test.exe (ACED.DLL): 0xC0000005:Access Violation
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C6A5D2.D5EEBB74 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable ACE VERSION: 5.5 =20 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows XP service pack1=20 =20 DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: COMPILATION? LINKING? On Unix systems, did you run make realclean first? EXECUTION? OTHER (please specify)? EXECUTION =20 SYNOPSIS: ACE_Service_Config::close() has exception: =20 Unhandled exception in test.exe (ACED.DLL): 0xC0000005:Access Violation =20 DESCRIPTION: I try to use this function to load the logging configuration in runtime (latest release ACE, Windows XP sp1, VC++ 6.0). =20 The source code is:=20 CLogger::CLogger() { if(ACE_Service_Config::open (ACE_TEXT ("ACE_Logger"), ACE_DEFAULT_LOGGER_KEY, =20 0, //if 1, ignore static svc 0, //take value from svc.conf 0) < 0) //1 ignore debug flag exit(0);=20 } =20 /** @brief Destructor=20 *=20 */ CLogger::~CLogger() { ACE_Service_Config::close(); } =20 But when this class is desctrured , then I got an exception: Unhandled exception in test.exe (ACED.DLL): 0xC00000005: Acess Violation.=20 =20 I am wo...

"Run-time error 75" updating program in Vista/Windows 7 Program Files (x86) directory
I have a software application written in VB6 (the VB 2010 version is under development) that includes an embedded update feature that allows users to download periodic updates via FTP. The problem I am having is that under Vista and Windows 7 is that when the program tries to update the files in the application directory which defaults to the Program Files (x86) directory, it generates a "Run-time error 75 - Path/File access error". I know this is a function of Vista/ Windows 7 protection of the Program Files directories. My question is: Is there a way around it? Right now the progra...

Read Access Violation error
The following error is printed in the job after the attached macro has run: =20 ERROR: Read Access Violation In Task [ Submit ) Exception occurred at (011C43E4) Task Traceback Address Frame (DBGHELP API Version 4.0 rev 5) 011C43E4 04A7EA34 sashost:Main+0x1D754 011B9BCE 04A7EA94 sashost:Main+0x12F3E 011BB0F3 04A7EAE8 sashost:Main+0x14463 6796FBDB 04A7EB28 sasxkern:mcn_main+0x1EBDB 60C28BFE 04A7EBF0 saspso:mcn_main+0x27BFE 60C27F76 04A7EC24 saspso:mcn_main+0x26F76 60C3198E 04A7EC7C saspso:mcn_main+0x3098E 60C332FF 04A7ECB8 saspso:mcn_main+0x322FF 60C155C2 04A7EDA0 saspso:mcn_main+0x145C2 60C01565 04A7EDC8 saspso:mcn_main+0x565 67141447 04A7EDEC sasoda:mcn_main+0x447 674D6734 04A7F648 sasods:mcn_main+0x45734 67456E31 04A7F99C sasodst:mcn_main+0x5E31 674F6461 04A7FA34 sasods:mcn_main+0x65461 67871D03 04A7FAC4 sasxshel:mcn_main+0x30D03 67871381 04A7FAD4 sasxshel:mcn_main+0x30381 674F6A1F 04A7FBB0 sasods:mcn_main+0x65A1F 67451124 04A7FC04 sasodst:mcn_main+0x124 676A1EC9 04A7FC70 sasxany:mcn_main+0xEC9 67842617 04A7FD08 sasxshel:mcn_main+0x1617 6785A2A6 04A7FD8C sasxshel:mcn_main+0x192A6 67878880 04A7FEE8 sasxshel:mcn_main+0x37880 67876CBE 04A7FF58 sasxshel:mcn_main+0x35CBE 6787A54E 04A7FF88 sasxshel:mcn_main+0x3954E 011B2B02 04A7FFA0 sashost:Main+0xBE72 011B6C20 04A7FFB4 sashost:Main+0xFF90 7C80B50B 04A7FFEC kernel32:GetModuleFileNameA+0x1B4 =20 ERROR: Generic critical error. =20 Will y...

Error: 50 [ ACCESS VIOLATION ]
My best for all!! :) I have a problem here with an 50 [ ACCESS VIOLATION ] error in Dispatch() method of my ShellWindow. To help me detect the problem, I have an own ErrorClass that log voerror.log the values of dynamic memory: DynInfoSize(): 15040Kb (already multiplied by 64Kb) DynInfoUsed(): 15045Kb DynInfoFree(): 34105Kb DynInfoMax(): 49152Kb Based on, I see that DynInfoUsed is a little greater than DynInfoSize (5Kb), but I don't know if is my problem... On my start(), i'm using this: SetMaxDynSize(50331648) SetWipeDynSpace(true) I think that the problem can happens by a recursive call of Dispatch(): CallStack (8): PGSECUREDSHELLWINDOW:DISPATCH (Linha: 4) PGSECUREDSHELLWINDOW:DISPATCH (Linha: 4) PGSECUREDSHELLWINDOW:DISPATCH (Linha: 4) APP:START (Linha: 65) START (Linha: 11) Any can help me on solving my problem!? Thanks again! Lucio Chiessi Rio de Janeiro - Brazil ...

MicroStation Access Violation Errors
When I try to open certain MicroStation files an "Internal Error" box pops up stating: "Access Violation occurred at 0x00000000. Press OK to continue, Cancel to exit". Selecting either option usually closes the whole program. What is truly odd about this problem is that it only happens with some files more recently. All my past work can be opened and run without hesitation. Also, these same files I have trouble with on my computer can easily be opened and edited on my other co-workers computers. Odd isn't it? Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this and what action I can take to relieve this problem? Thanks so much for any help! -Kimberly communities.bentley.com ...

windows ada compiler error

SAI
Encountered the first BANG. Here is the fluff (too cold over here to retype it again) http://forums.navalwarfare.net/showthread.php?2408-Access-Violation-Error-(Video)&p=48719#post48719 On Feb 6, 6:11=A0am, "Vincenzo Beretta" <vincenzo.bere...@fastwebnet.it> wrote: > Encountered the first BANG. Here is the fluff (too cold over here to rety= pe > it again) > > http://forums.navalwarfare.net/showthread.php?2408-Access-Violation-E... Why does this always seem to happen to me? I must have the Midas Touch for finding bugs. :-) On 7/02/2012 12:...

exception : 0xC0000005: Access Violation
Hi, I am getting the following exception First-chance exception in TestMansoor.exe: 0xC0000005: Access Violation When i run the following code 1 int main(void) 2 { 3 char* str1 = "MA"; 4 char s = str1[0]; 5 str1[0] = 'r'; 6 return 0; 7 } i'm getting exception on line 5. Why? Bye. batista wrote: > Hi, > > I am getting the following exception > > First-chance exception in TestMansoor.exe: 0xC0000005: Access Violation > > When i run the following code > > 1 int main(void) > 2 { > 3 char* str1 = "MA"; > 4 char s = str1[0]...

[VxW] data access Exception error ??
I can't understand folling error How could I debug this error? please help me out data access program counter: 0x26080 access address: 0x4000000 machine status: 0xb030 aaef4 vxTaskEntry +68 : 4927a4 ([]) 4927a4 vParallelCtlInit+fa8: memcpy ([]) 79034 memcpy +28 : bcopy ([]) data access Exception current instruction address: 0x00026080 Machine Status Register: 0x0000b030 Data Access Register: 0x04000000 Condition Register: 0x40000084 Data storage interrupt Register: 0x0000b030 Task: 0x3a45820 "tParallelCtl" dusiman wrote: > I can't understand folling error > How could I debug this error? > please help me out > > > data access > program counter: 0x26080 > access address: 0x4000000 > machine status: 0xb030 > aaef4 vxTaskEntry +68 : 4927a4 ([]) > 4927a4 vParallelCtlInit+fa8: memcpy ([]) > 79034 memcpy +28 : bcopy ([]) > > data access Exception current instruction address: 0x00026080 > Machine Status Register: 0x0000b030 > Data Access Register: 0x04000000 > Condition Register: 0x40000084 > Data storage interrupt Register: 0x0000b030 > Task: 0x3a45820 "tParallelCtl" Hi, The task "tParallelCtl" is trying to access (data read or write) an unvalid address (here 0x4000000). Either the parameter passed in the memcpy() call is wrong, either you forget to set this area valid and accessible. Check the memory mapping configuration for the ...

hash_map creates access violation errors
hi, I use a hash_map for storing 4x4 DCT-Blocks. Therefore I convert each block into a string looking like: ":-88:-3:-9:-91:-44:1:-7:-93:88:-1:9:42:-2:-2:-6:". Then I use the following code to identify blocks that have been seen before. -- code ------------- std::hash_map<std::string, int> blockMap; //initialize hash_map .... // add blockString to hashmap if (blockMap[blockString] == NULL) { blockMap[blockString] = ++blockIDcounter; blockID = blockIDcounter; } else { blockID = blockMap[blockString]; } -- end of code ------- The blockIDcounter counts the number of...

Error 5333 , ACCESS VIOLATION (Ramdom)
Hello, I get the next error in some areas of my aplication, the error occurs in a random way,some times the app works fine and others the error occurs ...i have not idea how it is caused and why occurs sometimes in diferent aplication areas I developed my app in VO 2.5 b3 ,how can solve this issue? i check que integrity of the repository where my aplication is compiled and is it ok . if any can help ...Thank you in advance! The error is something like this: ////////////////////////////////////////////////// Error message: -------------- Error Code: 50 [ ACCESS VIOLATION ] Subsystem: VO-CODE Error Subcode: 5333 Argument Number: 2 Description: Application Code Error causing Access Violation /////////////////////////////////////////////// Juli�n R Berl�n On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 12:53:36 -0500, "Exactus" <shulianshu@eg-a.com> wrote: > > Hello Juli�n, There are many messages about the 5333, just search. Geoff Schaller has written an interesting paper "Memory Management and Preventing the 5333 Error". Try at least to find out if you can reproduce the error, than isolate the code responsible for it by commenting out as much code as possible until the error doesn't appear anymore. Then you have your suspect code. Remember, 5333 is normally not caused by the line where it was invoked. Dick van Kooten Julian, This is the most frequently asked question. And we all got them when we started VO. ...

Re: Read Access Violation error
On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 13:02:02 +0200, Zola Mtyobile <zola.mtyobile@ZAF.SAS.COM> wrote: >The following error is printed in the job after the attached macro has >run: > > > >ERROR: Read Access Violation In Task [ Submit ) > >Exception occurred at (011C43E4) > >Task Traceback > >Address Frame (DBGHELP API Version 4.0 rev 5) > >011C43E4 04A7EA34 sashost:Main+0x1D754 > >011B9BCE 04A7EA94 sashost:Main+0x12F3E > >011BB0F3 04A7EAE8 sashost:Main+0x14463 > >6796FBDB 04A7EB28 sasxkern:mcn_main+0x1EBDB > >60C28BFE 04A7EBF0 saspso:mcn_main+0x27BFE > >60C27F76 04A7EC24 saspso:mcn_main+0x26F76 > >60C3198E 04A7EC7C saspso:mcn_main+0x3098E > >60C332FF 04A7ECB8 saspso:mcn_main+0x322FF > >60C155C2 04A7EDA0 saspso:mcn_main+0x145C2 > >60C01565 04A7EDC8 saspso:mcn_main+0x565 > >67141447 04A7EDEC sasoda:mcn_main+0x447 > >674D6734 04A7F648 sasods:mcn_main+0x45734 > >67456E31 04A7F99C sasodst:mcn_main+0x5E31 > >674F6461 04A7FA34 sasods:mcn_main+0x65461 > >67871D03 04A7FAC4 sasxshel:mcn_main+0x30D03 > >67871381 04A7FAD4 sasxshel:mcn_main+0x30381 > >674F6A1F 04A7FBB0 sasods:mcn_main+0x65A1F > >67451124 04A7FC04 sasodst:mcn_main+0x124 > >676A1EC9 04A7FC70 sasxany:mcn_main+0xEC9 > >67842617 04A7FD08 sasxshel:mcn_main+0x1617 > >6785A2A6 04A7FD8C sasxshel:mcn_main+0x192A6 > >67878880 04A...

matOpen in C++ ... access violation errors
I'm trying to get the Matlab C/C++ API working in Visual C++ 2005 Express. Ultimately I will want to be able to read/write simple .mat files into my standalone C++ executable. So far, I am just attempting to get the basics working, but keep coming up against access violation errors eg " Unhandled exception at 0x0001ad06 in basic.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0001ad06." even when I am copy&paste-ing code from examples that should work. Can anyone point me in the right direction?? Or give me some foolproof code that is known to work ,that I can t...

Installing an Ada program under Windows 98
How does one install an Ada program so that it can run under Windows rather than under DOS. The later displays a redundent black DOS window which I don't like. Richard Lowe If you are talking about compiling the program in a way to not have the console show (if using GNAT) add: pragma Linker_Options ("-mwindows"); If you are not talking about compiling the program, this is not an Ada issue, and you should contact the vendor of the application. David Botton On 2004-11-11 18:44:39 -0500, "Richard Lowe" <richard.lowe9@btopenworld.com> said: > How does one install an Ada program so that it can run under Windows rather > than under DOS. The later displays a redundent black DOS window which I > don't like. > > Richard Lowe ...

Access violation on a WinXP gameserver program
I am trying to play a networked game and I have found that when someone uses a simple telnet command and telnets to my server instead of using the game client, the game server crashes. I only have the bins for the exe and not the source code, so I am attempting to fix it with Ollydbg and HexWorkshop. I ran the program from within Ollydbg and then telnetted to it myself. It crashed and gave me "Access Violation when reading[A7738384] - use shift+F7 to pass exception to program". It highlighted the line 0047B20E . I copied and pasted here a sample of that area. 0047B1F8 |> 837D ...

Web resources about - program error (exception access violation) in windows - comp.lang.ada

GPL linking exception - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A GPL linking exception modifies the GNU General Public License (GPL) to create a new, modified license. Such modified licenses enable software ...

Podcast #42 – It’s The Exception That Proves The Rule
... Language and Usage , which was frustrated by the high number of certain types of questions that were coming in. Is this podcast the exception ...

Alan Adler on WIPO negotiations on copyright exceptions - YouTube
Alan Adler is Vice President for Legal and Government Affairs for the Association of American Publishers. On July 18, 2012, Alan was interviewed ...

Queensland the exception as Labor to preference Greens before all in Senate
Labor's national executive has ordered the party to preference the Greens ahead of all others in every state except Queensland.

Bike thefts spike in exception to drop in crime
... level in nine years, with a 28 per cent jump in three months. Bicycle thefts have soared to their highest level in nine years, a rare exception ...

Many rugby films wind up in dead ball area but The Ground We Won is an exception
If rugby is the game they play in heaven, rugby movies generally come from a lesser place.

Remakes are all the rage, and sport's no exception
Over the past year or so, franchises such as Star Wars and Rocky have solidified what many pundits already believed, and that is that people ...

Is Richard Umbers, Bernie Brookes' replacement as Myer CEO, an exception?
Myer's CIO was recently elevated to the top job, but he's in a very small minority.

Men Need to Admit That Jian Ghomeshi Is No Exception
That men like Jian Ghomeshi are a terrible exception and if we as men simply stand up and say we are not as bad as that, or that we are not rapists ...

China, Thailand reach visa exception agreement
China, Thailand reach visa exception agreement People's Daily Online ... this at a forum on China's foreign diplomacy held in Beijing. Both ...