Assembler Math Archive with Sources: http://avr.x.am

Assembler and Machine Language Math Archive with Source Code:
http://avr.x.am

0
UFO
4/22/2006 9:51:06 PM
comp.lang.asm.x86 4917 articles. 11 followers. Post Follow

lockfile 0.6 supports Python 2.x and 3.x
I've just released lockfile 0.6. This version supports Python 2.4, 2.5, 2.6 and 3.0. It also expands the unit tests a bit. What is lockfile? The lockfile module exports a FileLock class which provides a simple API for locking files. Unlike the Windows msvcrt.locking function, the Unix fcntl.flock, fcntl.lockf and the deprecated posixfile module, the API is identical across both Unix (including Linux and Mac) and Windows platforms. The lock mechanism relies on the atomic nature of the link (on Unix) and mkdir (On Windows) system calls. Where can ...

Figuring out table based encryption in assembly
I've been tracing an old (1996) utility that uses a very sophisticated encryption algorithm for license info. It generates a table, uses constantly changing keys, and does some really bizarre stuff with multiplication, shifts, xor, and table lookups. The crypto group doesn't seem to be very active or very helpful, so I thought I'd ask here: is there any way to figure out if this is a standard encryption method? It's so complex, it seems unlikely some guy in his garage made it up. But at the same time, I'm not sure how to tell if it is DES, Blowfish, or something similar...

OS X the "Most Secure" platform according to Mi2G
http://www.mi2g.com/ London, UK - 2 November 2004, 02:30 GMT - The most comprehensive study ever undertaken by the mi2g Intelligence Unit over 12 months reveals that the world's safest and most secure 24/7 online computing environment - operating system plus applications - is proving to be the Open Source platform of BSD (Berkley Software Distribution) and the Mac OS X based on Darwin. and... The latest mi2g Intelligence Unit study analyses 235,907 successful digital breaches against permanently connected - 24/7 online - computers across the globe. The nearly quarter million digi...

Different views of same assembly with different sub parts showing?
Hi, I am trying to make an A3 drawing of an assembly showing different sides of the assembly. And also showing different parts in the assembly. As soon as I import another view with different parts showing the other view changes so that the same parts as the new view are also visible in the old view. How can I make the parts defined in the old view stay in the drawing and aslo get the new view with other parts visible? SW2003 user. Best regards P�l Eilertsen I do the same thing all the time in my assemblies. What I do is set up Assembly Configurations showing the parts I need for a given ...

{Historical} Lisp 'manually' compiled to assembly
Hello All, I was going through wikipedia's article on eval at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eval. For eval in Lisp it mentions that: <quote> Lisp was the original language to make use of an eval function. In fact, definition of the eval function led to the first implementation of the language interpreter. Before the eval function was defined, Lisp functions were manually compiled to assembly language statements. However, once the eval function had been manually compiled it was then used as part of a simple input-interpret-output loop which formed the basis of the first L...

Calling all NYC math education-interested yobbos
[Folks, this is something with which I am spamming a possible audience for my upcoming "Win Big With Lisp" Algebra software cuz I am gonna be talking about the software (mostly from the math educational standpoint) at the next Lisp meeting (but if anyone wants to hear about Cells and Cello, gosh, what can I do?). Plz forward as you see fit.] I am a software developer based in the New York area currently developing a program that does its best to simulate a private Algebra tutor, something I did to augment my income when I worked as a math teacher years ago. The software is d...

message source looks weird???
Hi What the following means? I send the email from my server and when I check the message source, I can see following line: X-Authentication-Warning: sender-domain.xxx: apache set sender to sender@other-domain.xxx using -f Using -f ???? And second line: Received: from sender-domain.xxx (sender-domain [127.0.0.1] (may be forged)) May be forged?? I use sendmail and RH 8. Ville "Ville Rontti" <ville.rontti@pp.inet.fi> skrev i en meddelelse news:pB2qb.65$Nw1.23@read3.inet.fi... > Hi > > What the following means? I send the email from my server and when I check &...

I have updated my Parallel archiver and my Parallel compression library...
Hello, I have updated the tbbmalloc.dll inside my Parallel archiver and my Parallel compression library, so that it works correctly with Delphi. Now they are working perfectly with Lazarus , Freepascal and Delphi. I have also added a bcNone compression level to PBzipArchiver.pas, that means no compression . Question; Why do we have to use tbbmalloc.dll that you have included inside Parallel Archiver and Parallel compression libraries zip files ? Answer: I have included tbbmalloc.dll especially for Delphi, cause it is a multithreaded and scalable memory manager, ...

US-TX-Austin: Software Eng., 5yrs exp., C++ mastery on OOP, C, Assembly, debug; (45319132408)
US-TX-Austin: Software Eng., 5yrs exp., C++ mastery on OOP, C, Assembly, debug; (45319132408) ============================================================================================= Position: Software Eng. Reference: SMC01564 Location: Austin TX Duration: C-P Skills: BSCE or BSEE with a minimum of 3-5 years related experience. 3-5 years experience implementing development tools for embedded systems. C++ with emphasis on object oriented programming concepts. Proficiency with C/C++, Vi...

Assembly Weldment
I am rather new to Works, I have worked in SolidEdge and ProE for 5 years now. I am trying to create a fabricated bracket. I have several rings and tubes that I would like to have welded together. Then once I have the weldment created I would like to open that assembly in the part environment and add my drilled holes and cutouts. Is there a workflow to do this? In SolidEdge I would just tag the assembly as a weldment, then it could be opened in the part environment for all the post welding operations. I like this workflow because it maintains all the linkages between the weldment and fin...

[News] Microsoft Shows 'Love' for Open Source with Another FUD Attack

New assembler syntax file for Textpad
G'day everyone, I've just submitted a simple z80 assembly language syntax definition file to the developers of Textpad (AKA Helios Software Solutions). It's one of my dusty old files I found on a previously unreadable floppy disk. It's not perfect, but it's saved my bacon a couple of times, and it sure makes reading someone else's code a HECK of a lot easier! It won't interest anyone who doesn't use or want to use Textpad, so I apologise to the *nix and DOS-only users out there! FWIW, I cut my teeth on the later Z80 mnemonics, not the 8080 ones,...

Problem about Matlab C Math Library
Hi, there, I'm using the Matlab C Math Library to solve a optimization problem, I followed the instructions in "MATLAB C Math Library User's Guide", but I have a memory leak every time the following function is called, will anyone please help me out about this? Thank you! All the variables that are not declared are member variables: void Foo::F() { mxArray* volatile A = NULL; mxArray* volatile Sigma = NULL; mlfEnterNewContext(0, 0); mlfAssign(&A, mlfDoubleMatrix(m_nDim, m_nDim, x, NULL)); mlfAssign(&Sigma, mlfDoubleMatrix(m_nDim, m_nDim, NULL, NULL)); ...

Re: No need to optimize in assembly anymore
"a" <a@a.com> wrote in message news:e4Npc.89$JL5.48@newsfe1-win... > Given that optimizing in assembly for one processor will have no effect (or > negative effect) on a different processor it seems that low level > optimization is becoming a waste of time. As processors become more > sophisticated and diverse in the way they execute code this trend is likely > to continue. Trying to optimally schedule code for multiple implementations may be difficult, but code optimized for a P6, K7, or K8 processor runs near optimally on the other two, so there's rarely a...

Floating point math in Visual Basic?
sTemp = Trim(Mid(sData, 9, 10)) dTemp = Val(sTemp) dTemp2 = dTemp / 1000 I do the following in VB 6.0 code. We are seeing strange things like the following where the thosandths keep going up. 3rd column over. 1338 2 666.026 2005-07-10 03:00:28.000 1338 2 666.026 2005-07-10 03:02:33.000 1338 2 666.026 2005-07-10 03:04:38.000 1338 2 666.026 2005-07-10 03:06:43.000 1338 2 666.026 2005-07-10 03:08:48.000 1338 2 666.026 2005-07...

Break reference to assembly from part file?
Have a part with several features defined in an assembly. (I'll call this A1) Somewhere along the way I added this part to a second assembly - decided I didn't want to do anything in this assembly, and deleted it. Now, everytime I open the first assembly (A1) I get a dialog asking me to find this deleted assembly(A2). If I view references from the part file, nothing from this missing assembly(A2) shows up. If I view refernces in SolidWorks Explorer, it IS there. How can I delete this reference? Can't seem to find a way to do this from SWExplorer. Thanks - Sean Sean, You nee...

Math (so you trolls will find it hard)
Well... ...arithmetic, actually (so you trolls will find it hard). First a source: 'Investors and industry pundits alike have been waiting for Apple's "Other" results since the company announced it would add Apple Watch to the category instead of breaking those numbers out into a separate segment. According to Apple's published earnings, revenue from the catchall category reached $2.64 billion, a positive sequential change of 56 percent and year-over-year change of 49 percent. Since Apple Watch sales kicked off in April, quarter-over-quarter results r...

assembly
Hello I have a little problem. I did an assembly blitter ( ppc asm ) , which seems to work fine, but when i turn the compiler optimisations on, it totally crashes the program at any place. Disabling optimisations makes the program works fine again. Any suggestions ? Thank you pat. "patrox" <misterbanned@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<3f59a972$0$20167$626a54ce@news.free.fr>... > Hello > > > I have a little problem. > I did an assembly blitter ( ppc asm ) , which seems to work fine, but when i > turn the compiler optimisa...

Matlab program to assembly program
Hello everyone, May i know is there any converter to convert MAtlab program to assembly language program, which i need to dump it in ADSP 2181 DSP processor. Thanking you in advance... ...

Wanted: a good C compiler/assembler!
I am looking for a good C compiler/assembler for the C64 and C128. I need to use the C128's full memory. I need multi-modular code, i.e. a large program split into smaller pieces. I need to define how *I* want to use memory. I also want to store variables in zeropage. I prefer cross-platform, but can take one that runs on the C64/128. Is there any such out there? Where can I get it, and for how much? On May 23, 8:53=A0am, Harry Potter <maspethro...@aol.com> wrote: > I am looking for a good C compiler/assembler for the C64 and C128. =A0I > need to use the C128's full...

US-TX-Austin: AutoCAD Cabinet Designer, Good Math & Customer Server Skills (45342857601)
US-TX-Austin: AutoCAD Cabinet Designer, Good Math & Customer Server Skills (45342857601) ======================================================================================== Position: AutoCAD Cabinet Designer Reference: AIF00003 Location: Austin TX Duration: C - P Skills: AutoCAD Good Math Skills Good Customer Service Skills Attention to Details Versitial Design Back Ground Scope: Designing and Selling Kitchen Cabinets Oppurtunies for Advancement Pleas...

FS: A-level Revision MATHS Guide XP
visit http://www.auctionstop.co.uk The Complete Guide to Exam Success A-Level Revision MATHS For Windows 95 / 98 / ME / XP & MAC OS8.1 or above * Covers the complete UK core syllabus * Includes more than 200 'mind maps' for effective revision * Features questions and answers from past exam papers * Devised by senior Maths teachers * A valuable resource to use throughout your course OFFICIAL CORE SYLLABUS PRODUCT Interested in the Item See link for details: http://search.stores.ebay.co.uk/search/search...

udp multicast test 2.11 (now supports source-specific-multicast (ssm))
Hello Boys and Girls ;) I want to inform you about my updated udp multicast test (version 2.11) program/software which now supports "source-specific-multicast" (ssm). From a user's point of view ssm is about receiving traffic from only those computers in which the receiver is interested in. When multiple receivers are interested in the same traffic/source that's where multicast/ssm could kick in and do it more efficiently. Let's compare multicast models. First the classic/normal model: Multicast Sender A, B, C, D Multicast Receiver 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ...

PCI
Hi, I am having PCIX Core in FPGA. Hence after power on reset, it takes some time (FPGA configuration) to get the PCI-X Core logic. Lets say it is 2 seconds for example. after this time only, logics being realised and it can respond to PCI configuration Cycles. My question is, after power ON when the PCIX controller starts its enumaration process. ie., reading configuration space Thanks in advance. Regards, Muthu Hello, Once the power becomes "good" there is a minimum 100 ms delay before the RST# signal deasserts. Unless you are designing a 32-bit PCI card, you MUST have the...

US-TX-Austin: Applications Eng., C++,assembly language,EMI integrity,oscilloscop (45349257604)
US-TX-Austin: Applications Eng., C++,assembly language,EMI integrity,oscilloscop (45349257604) ============================================================================================== Position: Applications Eng. Reference: ZYD00007 Location: Austin TX Duration: Skills: Experience with reference board design, using schematic capture programs and familiarity with PCB layout software Knowledge of proper PCB layout principles for analog signal, ESD, and EMI integrity Ability to debug hardware issues using ...