Disassembler for x86/x86-64

Hello everybody,

I would like to announce the release of the 4th (Alpha-release) of the
development series of releases of udis86/64 - a binary file
disassembler for the x86/x86-64 architectures.

Udis86 is a binary file disassembler for the x86 and x86-64 (AMD64)
architectures, capable of disassembling 16/32/64 bit binary files to
AT&T or Intel assembly language syntax. It also supports all MMX, SSE,
FPU(x87), AMD 3Dnow! instructions. It focuses on providing the basic
disassembler functionality in executable format as well as through a
static library libudis86.a for use as the core of object/executable
file diassembler programs.

Udis86 is a GPL'ed software and intends on growing with help from the
community. So far its been a one man project and the code testing has
been very poor. I am looking for help from anybody who might be
interested in beta testing, or in adding more features and
functionalities to udis86 including support for object/executable file
disassembly.

http://udis86.sourceforge.net/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/udis86/
http://freshmeat.net/projects/udis86/

Thank you,
Vivek
---
http://sig9.com/

0
vivekm
2/18/2004 8:03:19 PM
comp.lang.asm.x86 5035 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

vivekm@phreaker.net (Vivek Mohan) wrote:

>I would like to announce the release of the 4th (Alpha-release) of the
>development series of releases of udis86/64 - a binary file
>disassembler for the x86/x86-64 architectures.
>Udis86 is a GPL'ed software and intends on growing with help from the
>community. So far its been a one man project and the code testing has
>been very poor. I am looking for help from anybody who might be
>interested in beta testing, or in adding more features and
>functionalities to udis86 including support for object/executable file
>disassembly.

When I wrote my disassembler, I wanted to have one specific feature: I
wanted to be able to disassemble a string of hex bytes from the command
line.  For example:

C:\tmp>dis -32 55 8b ec 6a 0a 8b 4d 08 e8 0 0 0 0
00000000 55                            PUSH    EBP
00000001 8BEC                          MOV     EBP, ESP
00000003 6A0A                          PUSH    0A
00000005 8B4D08                        MOV     ECX, DWORD PTR [EBP][08]
00000008 E800000000                    CALL    $+00000000 (0000000D)

I did this because of Win 9X's GPF dialog where it includes a string of
bytes at CS:EIP (just cut-and-paste into a DOS box), but it has been
incredibly handy since then.

Just something to consider for later...
--
- Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

0
Tim
2/19/2004 7:30:12 AM
DISASM.dll is Win32 DLL to provide disassembler of byte code sequence.
It supports 16 and 32 bit instructions
http://ircdb.org/disasmdll.htm

GUI tools with embedded disassembler
http://www.ircdb.org/xedit.htm