DPMI application stack

Of the four stacks maintained during a DPMI session, the `application
stack' is advertised as the one the client is on upon entering Protected
Mode. Is this the same stack the client was on just prior to the mode-
switch? If not (i.e., the host switches the client to the application
stack once Pmode begins), does this necessitate the client saving its
real-mode SS:SP for re-entry to real mode?

0
Scott
1/20/2006 5:11:35 PM
comp.lang.asm.x86 4933 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 1/20/2006 12:11 PM, Scott J. McCaughrin wrote:
> Of the four stacks maintained during a DPMI session, the `application
> stack' is advertised as the one the client is on upon entering Protected
> Mode. Is this the same stack the client was on just prior to the mode-
> switch? If not (i.e., the host switches the client to the application
> stack once Pmode begins), does this necessitate the client saving its
> real-mode SS:SP for re-entry to real mode?

The stack upon entry to PM is the same as the one the client was on previously.

See the DPMI 1.0 spec, March 12, 1991, p. 22 "Client Initialization".  Upon
entry to PM, SS is a selector with base of the real mode SS and a 64KB limit.

Bob Smith -- bsmith@sudleydeplacespam.com
a.k.a.	     bsmith@dequalitasspam.com

To reply to me directly, delete "despam".

0
Bob

64bit applications for linux?
I've been considering trying out a 64bit distro but i wanted to inquire about application availability. I have heard all sorts of complaints about 64bit windows and application incompatability but i get the feeling that might be comparing apples to oranges. Generally speaking what is the availability of 64bit apps (especially ones optimized for 64b) like on linux in general? Any thoughts of suggestions etc would really be appreciated! Cheers -Gaiko gaikokujinkyofusho@gmail.com writes: > I've been considering trying out a 64bit distro but i wanted to > inquire about applicatio...

Desktop application and web application Linking...
Hello everyone, Can I create an object of Desktop application class into a web application class? as I am facing a problem "java.lang.ClassNotFoundException" doing same. On 01.07.2013 07:19, Robin Saini wrote: > Hello everyone, Can I create an object of Desktop application class > into a web application class? What is "create an object ... into" supposed to mean? Are you talking about casting one to the other? Are you trying to create the latter and pass the former to the constructor? What classes are we talking about here at all? > as I am faci...

About j2me application
I am new in j2me. I want to build an text message editor for mobile that can support smiley & small pictures. What type of class can I use to build that editor. Please give me necessary information. Thanks Babu ...

US-TX-Austin: Application Developer-Jav, Linux, UNIX, AIX, C++; 12M (45288632415)
US-TX-Austin: Application Developer-Jav, Linux, UNIX, AIX, C++; 12M (45288632415) ================================================================================= Position: Application Developer-Jav Reference: MKL00758 Location: Austin TX Duration: 12M Skills: Linux UNIX AIX C++ Java Java automated tests Scope: HMC Development and Test teams needs an experienced Java QA person to come in and work on a 6 to 7 person team developing automated Java tes...

Automatically shutdown application
Hello, I'm trying to close my wx application on user defined timeout after being idle for some time. What I have done so far is added idle event processing and one timer. On timer event application shuts down automatically and it works fine IF doesn't have open modal dialogs, on another case it crashes. Can anybody give me instructions how to solve this problem? -- Best regards, WaZZu mailto:WaZZu@arbuz.com --------------------------------------------------------------------- Please read http://www.wxwindows.org/mlhowto.htm before posting...

Norstar 4.0 w/ applications mod 4.0.07a
Having a problem with the auto attendant releasing a call once the caller hangs up..i.e. caller listens to info mailbox...or caller realizing he called the wrong number and hanging up, however, the auto attendant rings the attendant phone. Phantom caller. I have played around with supervisor disconnect and set it at all levels testing it, however no joy. Any help would be appreciated. smitty It might (probably is!) be a telco problem. Verify that the KSU is detecting the CPC pulse (disconnect signal) properly. Call in on a line, and while the auto attendant is talking, open on...

[News] GNU/Linux Applications Go Beyond the Desktop APIs

Refactoring at the Application Level
We just finished a release of an application (App1) and began another (App2). After working on this for a couple of weeks, the business changed direction and said App2 is just like App1, with some changes here and there. However, (I don't remember why), the apps still have to be different. That is, we can't just change App1. So I'm trying to determine the best approach to building App2 while at the same time keeping code duplication to a minimum. So, the ideal solution, at the end of this thing is to have three CVS modules: one Shared which would contain most of the code, one ...

US-TX-Austin: Applications Eng., C++,Assembly language,embedded IC program. (45352214410)
US-TX-Austin: Applications Eng., C++,Assembly language,embedded IC program. (45352214410) ========================================================================================= Position: Applications Eng. Reference: ZYD00009 Location: Austin TX Duration: Skills: Experience with reference board design, using schematic capture programs and familiarity with PCB layout software. Knowledge of proper PCB layout principles for analog signal, ESD, and EMI integrity. Ability to debug hardware issues using debugger...

HTMLDB application-development tool
Java too much, too heavy, too complicated for what you need? Look at HTML DB , an easy to use development environment fully implemented in the Oracle database. Easy to use, try !!! Look at Oracle HTMLDB or For professional hosting facilities of HTMLDB webbased applications. Get a free 5 mb account and try!!! You'll be surprised. WWW.MyHTMLDB.COM DWAL wrote: > Java too much, too heavy, too complicated for what you need? > > Look at HTML DB , an easy to use development environment fully > implemented in the Oracle database. > > Easy to use, ...

SAS BI Applications
We have a question regarding SAS Enterprise Miner and decision trees. Can you help us? See www.analyticbridge.com/group/sasbiapplications for the context. Thank you, Vincent ...

Delphi 5 application form NT to XP
Dear Delphi developers, Does anyone know what things to expect when executing a Delphi 5 application that previously run on Windows NT Workstation when running on Windows XP? I know it should be compatible, but hey it is Microsoft! Anyone who has experience or knows articles about this? Thanks in advance Huuf On 23 Sep 2003 06:44:33 -0700, huuf@hotmail.com waffled on about something: >Dear Delphi developers, > >Does anyone know what things to expect when executing a Delphi 5 >application that previously run on Windows NT Workstation when running >on Windows X...

Help for to Know about Java Applications #2
Hai , i want to do one project using java.The primary aim of that project is to store all the documentations in a server and we should be able to retrive it using the software.So i want to know whether any free tool of the same category is avilable so that i can improve my work expecting an early reply Raj ...

accessing winsock.dll function w/DPMI BP 7 code yields Invalid Entry Point
I used Borland Pascal 7.0 to create a 16 bit Windows app that communicates with a 32 bit C-app via sockets. It works fine. I then rebuilt the Pascal code as a DOS protected mode App. I get "Invalid Entry Point" when I attempt access any of the winsock.dll functions. I am using the {$F+} option when compiling the Pascal DPM app. According to the BP 7.0 manual I should be able to call the functions in a DLL from a DPM app. Why does this happen and how can I fix it? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. JL schreef: > I used Borland Pascal 7.0 to create a 16 b...

Improved Open Source Clustering and Unification Application Releases
Terracotta Reloads Open Source Java Clustering Solution ,----[ Quote ] | The latest release has been designed and tested with several open | source projects whose developer communities are now looking for | Terracotta support in those frameworks. `---- http://www.ebizq.net/news/7632.html?rss It was open-sourced last month. New Centeris Application Unifies Linux, Unix, Windows ,----[ Quote ] | Likewise Identify 3.0's dual functionality lets all users on the | network maintain their system identity from Linux permissions | into other parts of the system, explained Manny Vellon, | Center...

Can I write an application using Windows and Linux?
I am looking to write an application and am wondering exactly how to accomplish its automation process. If my perl application starts on a windows os and then accomplishes its goal sending its output to a mysql server on a different machine. Can I then grab this data on the mysql server from a completely seperate linux machine (running Fedora)? So thats three seperate systems all networked together (Windows machine, Fedora Core Machine, and machine solely running MySQl Server). I'm almost positive (please correct me if Im wrong) the application will be able to store data from the Windows m...

Ensuring a nice clean application quit experience
This is sort of an addendum to my previous post entitled: "Restrict FE application to one user at a time". My preferred design is to have a table with a single row that contains the network name of the person currently connected to the database. The existence of the row will serve a) to allow the system to bump any other user who wishes to connect, and b) to inform such users of the name of the currently logged-on user. However, at the end of the session, it is VITAL that the row is deleted from the table, so that the next time someone tries to connect, if there is no-one connected...

[News] Free Software Connects Applications

Help forUDP/IP Stack Extensions #2
Hi all, I am facing a problem,please help me to solve it in better way!! Problem is:- In my application i have opened an UDP socket and i am receiving packet stream. when the bit rate of the stream is high, my application starts ;loosing packets where as at low bit rate everything seems to be fine. to solve it, I browse the TCP/IP stack in kernel space so i did change the TCP/IP stack, now i am not making the packet to be queue, else directly copying it to user space. this change seems to solve all my problem. but i am not feeling good with this solution. Is there anyother method by whic...

Re: draft: resolver-application interface
thanks. there was an old thread on this topic that Michael Richardson and myself (with some others) worked on last year. After the LCWS ws, i promised myself to dig it back up... looks like you beat me to it. :) > > Hello, > > During the LCWS workshop of a few weeks ago the topic was also discussed: what > does an application wants/needs to know from a secure aware resolver. I then > said I was working on a draft trying to initiate and focus that discussion. > > During the last few days this topic has also (sort of) sprung up on the > namedr...

is corba applicable in my case?
Hi, as an introduction to "distributed computing" (it might to the wrong word), I am going to develop a tool, which manages sport tournaments. At the volleyball, basketball or whateverball field there should be one or more clients, which enter events (such as ball is out, service fault, ...). These events should be sent to a server, which keeps track of the game's state (like player position, validity of player replacements, points of the both teems, remaining time, ...) The server again should update the gui of all clients, monitors, etc. The server should ...

US-MD-Rockville: Application Programmer, Wise SW, scripting, testing exp.; 6M (45336557610)
US-MD-Rockville: Application Programmer, Wise SW, scripting, testing exp.; 6M (45336557610) =========================================================================================== Position: Application Programmer Reference: SMC01861 Location: Rockville MD Duration: 6M Skills: MSFT knowledge and application packaging with Wise software packaging knowledge a must. Must have scripting abilities. Desktop Application testing experience Full understanding of Microsoft Applications and how they ...

Starting a X-application from a user-daemon
I nee opera to be started from a daemon, e.g. from watch-daemon. But it doesn't work! Starting opera from a xterm or starting a skript that involves the opera-start-command works fine. But not when the daemon tries to start opera. Is that problem known to somebody of You? Here are details. This Skript starts opera, working fine if started from a xterm, but not when started by e.g. watch: #!/bin/sh # the same opera shows two different URL's automatically # export DISPLAY=0:0.0 /usr/bin/opera -remote openURL\(http://localhost/scan/p.php?nr=555\) sleep 3; echo "skript ...

US-PA: Bala Cynwyd-Applications Developer 3 #8
************************************************************** JobCircle.com is the largest regional job board in the Mid-Atlantic region, with tens of thousands of job offerings in PA, NJ, DE, MD, NY, and Washington D.C. To learn more, visit http://www.jobcircle.com?source=ng ************************************************************** Job Title: Applications Developer 3 Job Location: PA: Bala Cynwyd Pay Rate: Open Job Length: full time Start Date: 2009-02-27 Company Name: Oracle Contact: Human Resources Phone: email only please Fax: email only...

DPMI Problems
Hi everyone, I am running my program compiled with djgpp from a floppy. The computer does have hard disks attached but they are usually corrupt. I am finding the following error on starting up my program: Error reading from drive C: Abort, Retry, Ignore? Now, why would the program try to read from C, when the floppy is in A? I believe that it is not my program but rather the CWSDPMI stub which is trying to read from the hard drive(I think it tries to verify that the drive signature is 0x55AA). And to verify this, I run the same program with different healthy drives, and I do not get this er...