Byte code version of 3.1.8 now available

In article <hvse1s$8s2$2@news.bytemine.net>,
Aharon Robbins <arnold@skeeve.com> wrote:
>The byte code version of gawk, currently a separate develoopoment
er, "development"
>stream but one that will be merged into the gawk-devel stream sometime
>in the relatively near future, provides an awk-level debugger. I will
>shortly announce a version of said code based on 3.1.8.

This is now available at http://www.skeeve.com/gawk/gawk-3.1.8-bc-b.tar.gz

The performance problem discussed previously still exists. I hope to
start working on it soon with Stephen Davies.

In related news, the original author of the byte code changes has
resurfaced after an absence of several years; we hope he will be joining
us in completing the work.

In the meantime, if you find something that works with regular gawk and
doesn't with this version, please let me know! (By E M A I L !!!)

Thanks,
--
Aharon (Arnold) Robbins 			arnold AT skeeve DOT com
P.O. Box 354		Home Phone: +972  8 979-0381

I should have mentioned that this version implements @include as
decided by the poll in the newsgroup at the beginning of the year.
It remains undocumented, but I have a volunteer who wanted to fix
that ...

Thanks,

Arnold

In article <i0881t$6uu$2@news.bytemine.net>,