TAWK 5.0

Dear,

I have been using TAWK frequently, it is an absolutely great compiler
which allowed me to create powerful and efficient programs within a
limited amount of time. I am working with version 4.1a (in DOS), but I
never had the opportunity to work with version 5, as Thompson stopped
selling it. I created a program which in itself works fine in 4.1a, but
it needs a lot of memory and processing power. I applied compressing
techniques to minimize the amount of memory needed. I wondered whether
there is a big difference in memory management and speed between
version 4 and 5. If so, I would like to know how I could get my hands
on version 5. As an alternative, I could port the program to Java,
which may make the program faster than TAWK, but that would need a lot
of time and I would like to continue easily updating my program, which
is one of those great features of TAWK.
Any suggestions ?

Kind regards,
Tom Vanallemeersch

0
tallem (1)
12/24/2005 3:24:35 PM
comp.lang.awk 3316 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

<tallem@pi.be> wrote in message
> there is a big difference in memory management and speed between
> version 4 and 5

Yes. The DOS version of TAWK 4 was built with a 16-bit DOS extender, 5 with
a 32-bit DOS extender.

A program like this (which does nothing useful but test for limits):

BEGIN {

    local i
    local test

    for ( i = 1; i < 1000000; i++ ) {
        test[ "NDX1" ] = ".T."
        test[ "NDX2" ] = ".F."
        if ( !(i/1000) )
                print i
    }
}

fails with an internal TAWK error in V4 somewhere between i=32000 and
i=33000 (perhaps 32768? - I didn't check in more detail). I don't know how
high V5 is willing to go with this test program, as I got bored waiting for
a failure.

Which doesn't mean the limit of a V4 array is 32000+. Using a different
allocation scheme a test program similar to the one above ran until a
"memory full" error. Not sure why it said that, as I expected paging to
occur (and maybe it did, to the small RAM drive the test was running out
of).

I can't tell you how to acquire a copy of V5, though.

Anton Treuenfels

0
Anton
12/28/2005 2:48:26 AM
Does anyone have a copy of TAWK 5.0?

Can you buy a copy somewhere?

Allan
"Anton Treuenfels" <atreuenfels@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> <tallem@pi.be> wrote in message
>> there is a big difference in memory management and speed between
>> version 4 and 5
>
> Yes. The DOS version of TAWK 4 was built with a 16-bit DOS extender, 5
> with
> a 32-bit DOS extender.
>
> A program like this (which does nothing useful but test for limits):
>
> BEGIN {
>
>    local i
>    local test
>
>    for ( i = 1; i < 1000000; i++ ) {
>        test[ "NDX1" ] = ".T."
>        test[ "NDX2" ] = ".F."
>        if ( !(i/1000) )
>                print i
>    }
> }
>
> fails with an internal TAWK error in V4 somewhere between i=32000 and
> i=33000 (perhaps 32768? - I didn't check in more detail). I don't know how
> high V5 is willing to go with this test program, as I got bored waiting
> for
> a failure.
>
> Which doesn't mean the limit of a V4 array is 32000+. Using a different
> allocation scheme a test program similar to the one above ran until a
> "memory full" error. Not sure why it said that, as I expected paging to
> occur (and maybe it did, to the small RAM drive the test was running out
> of).
>
> I can't tell you how to acquire a copy of V5, though.
>
> Anton Treuenfels

0
allanricha
12/29/2005 8:07:05 PM
Does anyone have a copy of TAWK 5.0?

Can you buy a copy somewhere?

Allan
"Anton Treuenfels" <atreuenfels@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> <tallem@pi.be> wrote in message
>> there is a big difference in memory management and speed between
>> version 4 and 5
>
> Yes. The DOS version of TAWK 4 was built with a 16-bit DOS extender, 5
> with
> a 32-bit DOS extender.
>
> A program like this (which does nothing useful but test for limits):
>
> BEGIN {
>
>    local i
>    local test
>
>    for ( i = 1; i < 1000000; i++ ) {
>        test[ "NDX1" ] = ".T."
>        test[ "NDX2" ] = ".F."
>        if ( !(i/1000) )
>                print i
>    }
> }
>
> fails with an internal TAWK error in V4 somewhere between i=32000 and
> i=33000 (perhaps 32768? - I didn't check in more detail). I don't know how
> high V5 is willing to go with this test program, as I got bored waiting
> for
> a failure.
>
> Which doesn't mean the limit of a V4 array is 32000+. Using a different
> allocation scheme a test program similar to the one above ran until a
> "memory full" error. Not sure why it said that, as I expected paging to
> occur (and maybe it did, to the small RAM drive the test was running out
> of).
>
> I can't tell you how to acquire a copy of V5, though.
>
> Anton Treuenfels

0
allanricha
12/29/2005 8:07:05 PM
Does anyone have a copy of TAWK 5.0?

Can you buy a copy somewhere?

Allan
"Anton Treuenfels" <atreuenfels@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> <tallem@pi.be> wrote in message
>> there is a big difference in memory management and speed between
>> version 4 and 5
>
> Yes. The DOS version of TAWK 4 was built with a 16-bit DOS extender, 5
> with
> a 32-bit DOS extender.
>
> A program like this (which does nothing useful but test for limits):
>
> BEGIN {
>
>    local i
>    local test
>
>    for ( i = 1; i < 1000000; i++ ) {
>        test[ "NDX1" ] = ".T."
>        test[ "NDX2" ] = ".F."
>        if ( !(i/1000) )
>                print i
>    }
> }
>
> fails with an internal TAWK error in V4 somewhere between i=32000 and
> i=33000 (perhaps 32768? - I didn't check in more detail). I don't know how
> high V5 is willing to go with this test program, as I got bored waiting
> for
> a failure.
>
> Which doesn't mean the limit of a V4 array is 32000+. Using a different
> allocation scheme a test program similar to the one above ran until a
> "memory full" error. Not sure why it said that, as I expected paging to
> occur (and maybe it did, to the small RAM drive the test was running out
> of).
>
> I can't tell you how to acquire a copy of V5, though.
>
> Anton Treuenfels

0
allanricha
12/29/2005 8:07:05 PM
"Anton Treuenfels" <atreuenfels@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> <tallem@pi.be> wrote in message
> > there is a big difference in memory management and speed between
> > version 4 and 5
>
> Yes. The DOS version of TAWK 4 was built with a 16-bit DOS extender, 5
with
> a 32-bit DOS extender.
>
> A program like this (which does nothing useful but test for limits):
>
> BEGIN {
>
>     local i
>     local test
>
>     for ( i = 1; i < 1000000; i++ ) {
>         test[ "NDX1" ] = ".T."
>         test[ "NDX2" ] = ".F."
>         if ( !(i/1000) )
>                 print i
>     }
> }
>
> fails with an internal TAWK error in V4 somewhere between i=32000 and
> i=33000 (perhaps 32768? - I didn't check in more detail). I don't know how
> high V5 is willing to go with this test program, as I got bored waiting
for
> a failure.
>
> Which doesn't mean the limit of a V4 array is 32000+. Using a different
> allocation scheme a test program similar to the one above ran until a
> "memory full" error. Not sure why it said that, as I expected paging to
> occur (and maybe it did, to the small RAM drive the test was running out
> of).
>
> I can't tell you how to acquire a copy of V5, though.
>
> Anton Treuenfels

Tom and Anton
Tawk V5c for Windows uses the disk for really large arrays, hence the limit
appears to be more of patience then hard wired size limits.  Big arrays
causes drive thrashing and things really slow down.  I modified Anton's
program to show how writing to an array slows down as over 5 million
elements
are stored...
I would love to have other Tawk users to chat but sharing or selling the
software appears to be a problem.  I just visited the Thompson Automation
Web page which mentions that Tawk is no longer sold but it appears to me
that they still are protecting their commercial rights for this software.
It would be nice if Thompson Automation could make a clear descision on this
issue ...

Regards
Rex

BEGIN {

    local i
    local test
    starting_time = time()
    for ( i = 1; i < 100000000; i++ ) {
        test[ i ] = "time in seconds " time()-starting_time
        if ( !(i%100000) ) {print "test["i"]="test[i] }
    }
}
c:\u\awk>awkw -f test.awk
test[100000]=time in seconds 1
test[200000]=time in seconds 2
test[300000]=time in seconds 3
test[400000]=time in seconds 4
test[500000]=time in seconds 5
test[600000]=time in seconds 6
test[5100000]=time in seconds 421
test[5200000]=time in seconds 436
test[5300000]=time in seconds 449
test[5400000]=time in seconds 463
test[5500000]=time in seconds 479
test[5600000]=time in seconds 488
test[5700000]=time in seconds 541
test[5800000]=time in seconds 597
awk: program aborted by SIGINT signal
c:\u\awk>

0
trexx
1/9/2006 4:04:43 PM
In article <9pGdnZRlJL6uFF_eRVn-qQ@comcast.com>, trexx <foo@foo.com> wrote:
>I would love to have other Tawk users to chat but sharing or selling the
>software appears to be a problem.  I just visited the Thompson Automation
>Web page which mentions that Tawk is no longer sold but it appears to me
>that they still are protecting their commercial rights for this software.
>It would be nice if Thompson Automation could make a clear descision on this
>issue ...

As most ppl  on this ng know,  I use TAWK daily (under  both Windows and
Unix) and I am always glad to discuss it here.

You  are right  that the  status  of the  software  is in  limbo at  the
moment.  Selling an  existing copy is probably legal and  you might even
find a copy at  a flea market or similar, but,  of course, making copies
is not.   The first step to  rectifying this situation would  be to find
Mr. Thompson and get him to discuss it.  He has posted to this ng in the
(distant) past, but as far as anyone  can tell at the moment, he is lost
somewhere in the wilds of Thailand.

0
gazelle
1/9/2006 4:11:31 PM
"Kenny McCormack" <gazelle@yin.interaccess.com> wrote in message
> In article <9pGdnZRlJL6uFF_eRVn-qQ@comcast.com>, trexx <foo@foo.com>
wrote:
> >I would love to have other Tawk users to chat but sharing or selling the
> >software appears to be a problem.  I just visited the Thompson Automation
> >Web page which mentions that Tawk is no longer sold but it appears to me
> >that they still are protecting their commercial rights for this software.
> >It would be nice if Thompson Automation could make a clear descision on
this
> >issue ...
>
> As most ppl  on this ng know,  I use TAWK daily (under  both Windows and
> Unix) and I am always glad to discuss it here.
>
> You  are right  that the  status  of the  software  is in  limbo at  the
> moment.  Selling an  existing copy is probably legal and  you might even
> find a copy at  a flea market or similar, but,  of course, making copies
> is not.   The first step to  rectifying this situation would  be to find
> Mr. Thompson and get him to discuss it.  He has posted to this ng in the
> (distant) past, but as far as anyone  can tell at the moment, he is lost
> somewhere in the wilds of Thailand.

Yep...I saw some really neat travel pics of Thailand on his web page awhile
back.  It appears that he's moved on to live in the real world.  A lesson
for us all!
Regards
Rex

0
trexx
1/9/2006 8:18:44 PM
"trexx" <foo@foo.com> wrote in message

> "Anton Treuenfels" <atreuenfels@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > BEGIN {
> >
> >     local i
> >     local test
> >
> >     for ( i = 1; i < 1000000; i++ ) {
> >         test[ "NDX1" ] = ".T."
> >         test[ "NDX2" ] = ".F."
> >         if ( !(i/1000) )
> >                 print i
> >     }
> > }

hmm, ya know, looking at this again makes me think I should have put it like
this:

BEGIN {

    local i
     local test

     for ( i = 1; i < 1000000; i++ ) {
         test[ i ][ "NDX1" ] = ".T."
         test[ i ][ "NDX2" ] = ".F."
         if ( !(i/1000) )
                 print i
     }
}

Forces creation of a somewhat larger array, methinks!

The original point still holds. What I was testing for specifically here was
making all the array elements point to the same constant literal strings,
and this fails relatively quickly in TAWK V4.

But because elements of TAWK arrays can be other arrays, it is possible to
allocate like this:

local function makeone() {

    local temp

    temp[ "NDX1" ] = ".T."
    temp[ "NDX2" ] = ".F."

    return( temp )
}

BEGIN {

    local i
    local test

    for ( i = 1; i <= 10^7; i++ ) {
        test[ i ] = makeone()
        if ( !(i/10000) )
            print i
    }
}

This runs until "memory full" in TAWK V4. And I suspect either version runs
as long as anyone cares to watch in V5.

> BEGIN {
>
>     local i
>     local test
>     starting_time = time()
>     for ( i = 1; i < 100000000; i++ ) {
>         test[ i ] = "time in seconds " time()-starting_time
>         if ( !(i%100000) ) {print "test["i"]="test[i] }
>     }
> }
> c:\u\awk>awkw -f test.awk
> test[100000]=time in seconds 1
> test[200000]=time in seconds 2
> test[300000]=time in seconds 3
> test[400000]=time in seconds 4
> test[500000]=time in seconds 5
> test[600000]=time in seconds 6
> test[5100000]=time in seconds 421
> test[5200000]=time in seconds 436
> test[5300000]=time in seconds 449
> test[5400000]=time in seconds 463
> test[5500000]=time in seconds 479
> test[5600000]=time in seconds 488
> test[5700000]=time in seconds 541
> test[5800000]=time in seconds 597
> awk: program aborted by SIGINT signal
> c:\u\awk>

Yes :)

> I would love to have other Tawk users to chat

Fine with me. It'd be nice to ask questions about things that aren't in the
manuals.

F'rinstance:

local function ret_array(this) {

    this[ "ANY_OLD_INDEX" ] = ".T."
}

local function ret_string(this) {

    this = ".T."
}

BEGIN {

    local temp1, temp2

    ret_array( temp1 )
    ret_str( temp2 )
}

Now, "ret_array()" works but "ret_str()" doesn't. Since there is no
initialization of "temp1" or "temp2", I assume they have type
"unintialized". So why am I allowed to implicitly change the type of "temp1"
to "array" within a called function but not that of "temp2" to "string"?

In practice I use functions similar to "ret_array()" quite a bit, returning
actual results in the passed variable and a success or failure boolean value
as the function return value, which I can directly test in a conditional
expression.
Sometimes I'd like to do something similar with a scalar variable, but
because I can't I have to use special values assigned to the returned scalar
to indicate failure (or use a global error variable, I suppose).

Just asking :)

Anton Treuenfels

0
Anton
1/10/2006 2:35:41 AM
In article <14Fwf.7416$M%4.7270@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
Anton Treuenfels <atreuenfels@earthlink.net> wrote:
>Now, "ret_array()" works but "ret_str()" doesn't. Since there is no
>initialization of "temp1" or "temp2", I assume they have type
>"unintialized". So why am I allowed to implicitly change the type of "temp1"
>to "array" within a called function but not that of "temp2" to "string"?
>
>In practice I use functions similar to "ret_array()" quite a bit, returning
>actual results in the passed variable and a success or failure boolean value
>as the function return value, which I can directly test in a conditional
>expression.
>Sometimes I'd like to do something similar with a scalar variable, but
>because I can't I have to use special values assigned to the returned scalar
>to indicate failure (or use a global error variable, I suppose).

Are you familiar with "ref" parameters?

0
gazelle
1/10/2006 3:23:10 AM
Dear,

I sent an email to Pat Thompson a while ago through his website
address, and he actually answered me a week ago. He even provided me
with a copy of version 5. He seems to be back from Thailand (by the
way, if you have the opportunity to visit this country, go ahead, it's
a fascinating mix of great culture, food and nature !) I am very happy
to use version 5 now instead of 4, as it doubles the speed at which my
program runs !

Regards,
Tom

Kenny McCormack schreef:

> In article <14Fwf.7416$M%4.7270@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
> Anton Treuenfels <atreuenfels@earthlink.net> wrote:
> >Now, "ret_array()" works but "ret_str()" doesn't. Since there is no
> >initialization of "temp1" or "temp2", I assume they have type
> >"unintialized". So why am I allowed to implicitly change the type of "temp1"
> >to "array" within a called function but not that of "temp2" to "string"?
> >
> >In practice I use functions similar to "ret_array()" quite a bit, returning
> >actual results in the passed variable and a success or failure boolean value
> >as the function return value, which I can directly test in a conditional
> >expression.
> >Sometimes I'd like to do something similar with a scalar variable, but
> >because I can't I have to use special values assigned to the returned scalar
> >to indicate failure (or use a global error variable, I suppose).
>
> Are you familiar with "ref" parameters?

0
tallem
1/13/2006 10:20:43 PM
In article <1137190843.798851.88840@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
 <tallem@pi.be> wrote:
>Dear,
>
>I sent an email to Pat Thompson a while ago through his website
>address, and he actually answered me a week ago. He even provided me
>with a copy of version 5. He seems to be back from Thailand (by the
>way, if you have the opportunity to visit this country, go ahead, it's
>a fascinating mix of great culture, food and nature !) I am very happy
>to use version 5 now instead of 4, as it doubles the speed at which my
>program runs !
>
>Regards,
>Tom

Great news!!!  We may get a Linux verison yet.

0
gazelle

Tubes & Such for PSP 5.03?
Hi, I am currently downloading the 5.03 update for PSP 5.01 at Jasc's/Corel's website and was hoping there are still some goodies available for it. I just purchased a new computer and cannot quite yet afford to upgrade some of my programs. Could someone please point me to some known, best/safe locations to download tubes and other fun & useful extras for PSP 5.03? Thanks. I still need to explore the Jasc website some more to see what there is to see - been away for awhile! -- Miss Mae ...

CFP: IEEE CIS2008. Deadline 5 May 2008
7th IEEE International Conference on Cybernetic Intelligent Systems 2008 September 9-10, 2008 Middlesex University, London United Kingdom http://www.cybernetic.org.uk/cis2008 Aims and objectives This is the seventh in a series of successful international conferences organised by IEEE Systems, Man and Cybernetics Society the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland Chapter. These conferences provide an interdisciplinary forum for research and application of various aspects of cybernetics and systems. The theme of the 2008 conference is Cybernetic Intelligent Systems. Theme and scope The progra...

[ANN] rpncalc-2.5 RPN Calculator for Python
The rpncalc package adds an interactive Reverse Polish Notation (RPN) interpreter to Python. This interpreter allows the use of Python as an RPN calculator. You can easily switch between the RPN interpreter and the standard Python interpreter. Home page: http://calcrpnpy.sourceforge.net/ Changes in 2.5 * Update the included clnum package. * Added ratapx and unique_roots commands. "Raymond L. Buvel" <levub137@wi.rr.com> wrote: > The rpncalc package adds an interactive Reverse Polish Notation (RPN) Can anyone remember who the Pole was and how his name is spelled? ...

Linux: kernel panics after 5-10 minutes, crashes when 4-5 apps opened
"I always get a kernel-panic after 5-10 minutes. It crashes often when I was opening tabs in iceweasel or have more than 4-5 applications started. I tried severeal bott-options e.g. nosmp and more, but that does not change the situation. Also tried to install kernel with spt-get, smxi and also installed the .24 kernel from sid... Couldn't find any reasons why my system always gets panic, hmm." http://sidux.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-8908-highlight-freezes.html On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 00:38:25 -0400, DFS wrote: > "I always get a kernel-panic after 5-10 minutes. It cra...

QA Contract #5
REPORTS TO Manager, Quality Assurance JOB PURPOSE Analyze and test project deliverables throughout the Document Services, MUSIC, and , products' life cycles to ensure that business and technical requirements are met. Contract Mississagua KEY JOB FUNCTIONS .. Create test plans and test cases for configuration changes and programming enhancements. .. Quickly learn the functionality under test, identify test requirements, and create or obtain test data. .. Perform regression, integration, performance, and acceptance testing and report defects and test results. .. Work with ...

GPS and the December 5/6 Solar Flare
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------000400050801000506060108 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Further to the news today that the solar flare on Dec. 5/6, 2006 caused GPS disruption, it just so happens I was logging the signal strength (average of all satellites tracked) of an M12+T timing receiver at that time. For what it's worth, the attached plot shows what I saw. This was the only significant signal strength anomaly in over one year of data capture. John --------------000400050801000506060108 Content-Type: text/pl...

Buy Kmarga - Sildenafi ciltrate
Hi people , there I compel ought to a lottery of offers and can not choise a drugstore to acquisition bargain pills <a href="http://www.ecometro.com/Community/members/kamagra+629.aspx">discount where kamagra </a><br><a href="http://www.ecometro.com/Community/members/kamagra+924.aspx">impotence of organic origin </a><br><a href="http://www.ecometro.com/Community/members/kamagra+470.aspx">kamagra free samples buying </a><br><a href="http://www.ecometro.com/Community/members/kamagra+194.aspx...

LeaderTask 5.5
Set your goals. Work more effectively and have more free time than ever with LeaderTask! Forget the traditional task organizers. They are good if you live to work. They are great if you just want to plan things and be reminded. Have a life! Try the new generation organizer that helps you plan your work so efficiently that you have more free time than ever! Are you a self-employed professional? The whole point of self employment is the ability to plan your work in such a way that you have a flexible schedule and free time available to spend with family or for self improvement. It can be...

Comcast is now 5.5 megabits
I went to download something I just purchased, and I calculate Comcast dowload speeds to be up to 5.5 megabits. The download was coming at speeds as high as 559 thousand bytes per second, which translates to about 5.5 megabits my service always had (since 1999) around 350 to 750 kilo bytes which is half a meg and lets you click and watch movies in real time political and pron. hope that helped ----------------- you can shove your megabits you academic shyster. "Charles Newman" <charlesnewman1@comcast.do.not.spam.me.net> wrote in mes...

Evomusart 2011: Final Deadline Extension December 13 #5
Please distribute (Apologies for multiple posting) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------= - FINAL CALL FOR PAPERS Evomusart 2011 9th European Event on Evolutionary and Biologically Inspired Music, Sound, Art and Design an EvoApplications (European Conference on the Applications of Evolutionary Computation) event incorporated in Evo* 2011 (http://www.evostar.org) Torino, Italy, 27-29 April 2011 ********************************************************************* ***************** PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!!! ******************* ***...

Migration from vxworks 5.5 to vxworks 5.5.1
HI All, iam running on vxworks 5.5 and tornado2.2 command based with customized BSP for MPC8245 processor. Let me know, how would i migrate to 5.5.1 with tornado2.2.1 with out changing my applicaitons? Are there any migration guides from 5.5 to 5.5.1. Please help me in this regard on high priority. Giri wrote: > HI All, > > iam running on vxworks 5.5 and tornado2.2 command based with customized > BSP for MPC8245 processor. > > Let me know, how would i migrate to 5.5.1 with tornado2.2.1 with out > changing my applicaitons? > > Are there any migration guides ...

Re: OBS = in PROC SQL #5 1549097
Talbot: SQL does not maintain physical ordering of data being read from = datasets. For that reason, the SAS SQL variants such as (obs=3Dnnn) must = pertain to the subset defined by the WHERE condition. I'd speculate that = your query is producing the ID's in common in the the subsets defined as = those with as_of_dt in January and those with as_of_dt in September. =20 I regret now that I demonstrated the limited value of the MONOTONIC() = function in SQL queries. It seems simpler and more precise to say that = SQL queries do not respect sequential ordering of rows in datasets. =20 In ...

Keystroke for Next Record: MAC OS 9 Filemaker 4 and 5
Is there a keystroke for NEXT RECORD and PREVIOUS RECORD in MAC OS 9 Filemaker4 and/or 5? It seems the only way to access the next record is to click the "Rolodex" -- and I am Keystroke oriented... :-) Ctrl-Up Arrow and Ctrl-Down Arrow "Painter 4 Life" <paint4life@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:BBCBFE27.E8CE%paint4life@pacbell.net... > Is there a keystroke for NEXT RECORD and PREVIOUS RECORD in MAC OS 9 > Filemaker4 and/or 5? > > It seems the only way to access the next record is to click the "Rolodex" -- > and I am Keystroke oriented....

Re: Weird error #5
--- Stuart Diamond <Diamonds@symbol.com> wrote: > We are on version 5.5 of MPE, and version 31N20512 of MPEX. > > The user does have PM, why would that cause an error? what happens if you do this listf outside of mpex? does it always fail? in mpex? in mpe? it's really hard to say who's the culprit here. your version of mpex is fairly new. your version of mpe worries me.....because we hit a problem with listf a long time ago....but i can't remember if it was on 5.5 or 6.0. - d ===== Donna Garverick Sr. System Programmer dgarverick...

Re: OT: Carly fired question #5
How would I know? Went through it myself last year. ----------------- From your job title, I presume you 'weathered that storm'. Good luck on your continued employment. * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

Re: Backup Edge and 5.0.5 failure
I have been getting the following backup failure message on occasion. I have used cleaning tapes regularly. I have tried swapping out tapes. Sometimes occurs even after I do a complete restart. I have some knowledge of Unix but would appreciate any help. Could I be running into storage limitation of the DDS1 tape? Would it show up as this error? Thanks, Michael ---- Error ----- BackupEDGE - Process ID 15846 Beginning at Fri Oct 13 23:00:00 CDT 2006 ## Users Logged In When Backup Started ## bill EDGE.NIGHTLY BACKUP SUMMARY SYSTEM NAME = link BACKUP TYPE = Maste...

[ANN] tagz-5.0.0
NAME tagz.rb SYNOPSIS require Tagz include Tagz.globally a_(:href => "/foo"){ "bar" } #=> <a href="/foo">bar</a> DESCRIPTION tagz.rb is generates html, xml, or any sgml variant like a small ninja running across the backs of a herd of giraffes swatting of heads like a mark-up weedwacker. weighing in at less than 300 lines of code tagz.rb adds an html/xml/sgml syntax to ruby that is both unobtrusive, safe, and available globally to objects without the need for any builder or superfluous objects. ta...

Filemaker 5 codes
I need to reinstall version 5.0 on 3 machines at a new client's site. I had to format their hard drives to clear out a lot of spyware and other stuff - they are now without access to some shared databases. They maintained no documentation for filemaker, including install codes. Anyone have 3 install codes they can share? In article <Xns95E0BF5CDA0A3damianpipelinecom@24.168.128.86>, Damian Brennan <damian@pipeline.coms.nospam> wrote: >I need to reinstall version 5.0 on 3 machines at a new client's site. I had >to format their hard drives to clear out a lot of spyw...

[News] OpenOffice.org Future Bright with Oracle, Over 100,000,000 Downloads of 3.0

MiniGUI and BCC 5.5.1
Hi Where I found newest version MiniGUI for compile 99.7 xHarbour for Borland C 5.5.1 I download MiniGUI with gcc compiler, but I want usu Mediator OTC with GUI system, I member that was for BCC 5.5.1. If I recompiling source MiniGUI this be good running? -- Jacek K. -- "Serce rozwa�ne szuka m�dro�ci, usta niem�drych syc� si� g�upot�." (Prz 15:14) "The heart of him that hath understanding seeketh knowledge: but the mouth of fools feedeth on foolishness." ( Proverbs 15:14) Hi > > Where I found newest version MiniGUI for compile 99.7 xHarbour for > Bo...

US-TX-Round Rock Director of Women's Servi, 3-5 years of Healthcare Management (45351057611)
US-TX-Round Rock Director of Women's Servi, 3-5 years of Healthcare Management (45351057611) ============================================================================================= Position: Director of Women's Services Reference: CAM00005 Location: Round Rock, TX Duration: Perm Skills: 3-5 years of Healthcare Management is required. Must have a Bachelor degree in area of expertise or equilivant experience. Current Texas Registered Nurse License. Certification in basic cardiopulmonary resusciation required for working in clinal/patient care area. ...

When will 5.1 become production use?
anyone can tell? thanks "howa" <howachen@gmail.com> wrote: > anyone can tell? When it is ready. Read: when all known serious bugs are fixed. If you need some sort of progress meter: go to http://bugs.mysql.com/ and look for open bugs in 5.1. Currently 5.1 is BETA. Next version will be RC-1 (hopefully). The version after RC-1 will be GA. But even then you may want to wait. Experience showed, that some bugs are well hidden and will be found only after a lot of users have upgraded to the new version. Sorry for that! If you want to help us to release 5.1 soon - go use it ...

Help
I am using Tornado/VxWorks 5.5.x ... running on the computer and recently moved the machine to a new location (new IP address etc). Now when I type launch at the Unix prompt nothing happens. launch just seems to hang ... it does not help that launch does not seem to have a verbose mode so I have no idea why the tornado launcher is not working ... Thanks. ...

jdk 5 warnings in the jre source code
Hi all, I'm compiling 1.4.2 code into java 5 and obviously there are a large number of warnings that i have to fix. However I notice that when I look at the java 5 jre source code (e.g. for DefaultTableModel) I notice that these classes do not fix some the issues I am (e.g. generics); public void addRow(Vector rowData) { insertRow(getRowCount(), rowData); } Clearly Vector is not given a type. How does the jre source avoid this. Do they simply use compiler flags or is it something in the code? On 2008-12-09 11:04:02 +0100, johnmmcparland <johnmmcparland@googlemail.co...

SQL Anywhere 5.5 Odbc connection
Hello. Is possible connect to database SQL Anywhere 5.5 started by rtdsk50.exe from php using odbc ? I have error : Unable to connect to database server: unable to start database engine, SQL state 08001. I can connect to database using the same data source from MS Access. Thanks in advice GG ...