"Xojo"?

I just noticed the name change....

WHAT THE FUCK?!

Anyone still paying attention here? Care to comment?

--
- Is there no room for hope?
- I keep mine in this empty candy jar.

Auric__ <not.my.real@email.address> wrote:

> I just noticed the name change....
>
> WHAT THE FUCK?!

They want to avoid the C64 assotiation with *basic*.

> Anyone still paying attention here? Care to comment?

usenet ist dead on a large amount of groups. So it is here.

still lives with about 50 postings/day. But you cant't even unsubscribe
this list. Xojo wants you to use the new forum.

That's the fuck.

--
Gru�, Raimund
0
Auric__ <not.my.real@email.address> wrote:

> I just noticed the name change....
>
> WHAT THE FUCK?!
>
> Anyone still paying attention here? Care to comment?

Hey, this list is not dead yet :-)
I don�t care much about the name as long as it still works.
Unfortunately they changed the IDE and it got worse (a LOT of wasted
screen estate).

As for support: I managed to get on the (no longer officially supported)
mailing list.

For a forum their new one is not that bad, but I don�t like forums.
Maybe we can breathe a little life into this "dead" group?
0
befr
7/1/2013 7:01:52 AM
Bernd Fr�hlich wrote:

> Auric__ <not.my.real@email.address> wrote:
>
>> I just noticed the name change....
>>
>> WHAT THE FUCK?!
>>
>> Anyone still paying attention here? Care to comment?
>

> Hey, this list is not dead yet :-)
> I don�t care much about the name as long as it still works.
> Unfortunately they changed the IDE and it got worse (a LOT of wasted
> screen estate).
>
> As for support: I managed to get on the (no longer officially supported)
> mailing list.
>
> For a forum their new one is not that bad, but I don�t like forums.
> Maybe we can breathe a little life into this "dead" group?

I don't really use RB (oops, sorry -- "Xojo") for anything. I only have 3
projects that I ever finished that I wrote in RB, and those were all one-off
ports of projects written in other languages.

As for bringing this NG back from the dead, the odds of that are probably
damn slim. NGs are only active if they have an active subscriber base, and
reviewing the group, I only see 18 posts in the last 2 years (not including
this thread). 6+ years ago this group was pretty busy... nowadays, not so
much.

--
Yes. Very strange wedding. Come along.
0
On 2013-06-29 03:08:29 +0000, Auric__ said:

> I just noticed the name change....
>
> WHAT THE FUCK?!
>
> Anyone still paying attention here? Care to comment?

Xojo is just a marketing thing. In fact, I had a subscription for RB
and was able to transfer it to the latest version of Xojo. Which I find
pretty elegant on their part.

As for the programmer standpoint, Xojo was able to load and recompile
one of my latest programs without any modification. Don't know if
compatibility is perfect, but it does seem pretty good.

I have tested their web deployment to my satisfaction. At last a
language less obtruse than php and a development environment abit less
confusing than Java.

I like RB because it is truly multiplatform. I created programs for
both Mac and Windows without unecessary pain, and they have been
installed on thousands of customeer computers without a glitch. Which
is far more than I could say for Microsoft tools. I will not even go
into XCode, which is pure and simple shame.

Mitch
http://www.MICR-Fonts.com

0
Mitch

"""""""""ADD ME""""""""""

"my" and "our"

"/a" is not "/a" ?

why "::", not "."

"or" and "and"

about "++" and "--"

"If then; if then;" and "If then; if;"

"out" and "in out"

Hello Partners, How are you ? Please find the requirements below. Title: Database/ETL Developer Duration: 6 months Location: NY Exp: 7+ Locals preferred Database/ETL requirements (Mandatory) Candidate must have worked with financial instruments, preferably Mutual Funds but, Equities are also ok. PL/SQL - packages, Stored procs, Functions, Aggregate functions, Pipelined Functions Informatica 8.6 - especially complex mappings, complex maplets, complex workflows, transformations Oracle 10g/11g Unix/Linux shell scripting Database/ETL requirements (Optional) ...

"In" "Out" and "Trash"

A problem about "[ ]" "( )" "="

Web resources about - "Xojo"? - comp.lang.basic.realbasic