5.5.0 vs 5.5.3

I tried 5.5 out when it was first released, but it was too buggy for
my needs then. As I now have enough money to buy a licence, I'm
wondering how much it has improved between 5.5.0 and 5.5.3. While the
bugfixes list on RB's website is helpful, I'd like to know how buggy
it still 'feels', if you know what I mean.

As I've already had my 15-day trial with 5.5.0, so I don't supppose I
would be able to try out 5.5.3 - hence why I'm asking here.

--
Ben Wheatley
University of Wales, Aberystwyth

In article <86bc5a84.0410110835.66236beb@posting.google.com>, Ben
Wheatley <ben-google-groups@whitepaw.plus.com> wrote:

> I'd like to know how buggy
> it still 'feels', if you know what I mean.

5.5.3 is rock solid for me.  I have heard a few people on the REAL
Software mailing lists say they can't use it, but that's the same for
every release.  Some people run into bugs that cause problems for what
they need to do, others find it problem-free.  The only way to know for
sure is try it.  E-mail the folks at REAL Software and I'd bet they'll
extend your trial period.

--
-Thomas

<http://www.bitjuggler.com/>
0
Thomas
10/11/2004 4:44:30 PM
 ben-google-groups@whitepaw.plus.com (Ben Wheatley) wrote:

> As I've already had my 15-day trial with 5.5.0, so I don't supppose I
> would be able to try out 5.5.3 - hence why I'm asking here.

If you want to try out 5.5.3, contact REAL Software and explain the
situation.  I'm sure they can help you.

Best,
- Joe

|    Joseph J. Strout         Check out the Mac Web Directory:     |
|    joe@strout.net           http://www.macwebdir.com             |
Joe
10/11/2004 7:58:00 PM
I tried the demo 5.3.3 Pro for windows and all I did was use an existing
database and click edit... --> crash.
Then I started a new project, added a database and listbox, connected them,
added a datacontrol and change the property of the database to select a
table---> crash
Then I started again and this time it worked. I did a quick save and closed
the program because I had other stuff to do---> crash

Later I did an uninstall of RB and thank God, that one didn't crash.

Needless to say that I continue to program in Delphi 6 without the crashes
(same for Photoshop, Illustrtaor and Cinema 4D... no problems with those
programs either). I just hope that RB would be a good choice for me because
of the shorter learning curve than Delphi, but this lack of
reliability...what a disappointment. I still think RB is a good product, but
surely not for Windows in my view. Not yet anyways.

0
John
10/21/2004 2:18:23 AM
"John" <johnh@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<Q%Edd.54341$JG5.736462@news20.bellglobal.com>...
> I tried the demo 5.3.3 Pro for windows and all I did was use an existing
> database and click edit... --> crash.
> Then I started a new project, added a database and listbox, connected them,
> added a datacontrol and change the property of the database to select a
> table---> crash
> Then I started again and this time it worked. I did a quick save and closed
> the program because I had other stuff to do---> crash
>
> Later I did an uninstall of RB and thank God, that one didn't crash.
>
> Needless to say that I continue to program in Delphi 6 without the crashes
> (same for Photoshop, Illustrtaor and Cinema 4D... no problems with those
> programs either). I just hope that RB would be a good choice for me because
> of the shorter learning curve than Delphi, but this lack of
> reliability...what a disappointment. I still think RB is a good product, but
> surely not for Windows in my view. Not yet anyways.

What version of Windows are you using? I ask because the only
consistent crashing reports we have had is on Windows ME.

Geoff Perlman
President and CEO
REAL Software, Inc.
0
geoff
10/21/2004 3:11:13 PM
> What version of Windows are you using? I ask because the only
> consistent crashing reports we have had is on Windows ME.

Windows ME? That piece of crap that should never have seen daylight. It's
the worst Windows they every made.
No wonder why you get that many ME crash reports. LOL

No, I use WIndows XP SP2, installed with a slipstreamed WinXP SP2 disc, so a
complete fresh install, done some 3 or 4 weeks ago.

0
John
10/24/2004 2:59:56 PM
Thanks for your replies; I would have responded sooner, but I've been
without reliable internet access for a while.

--
Ben Wheatley
University of Wales, Aberystwyth
0
ben

Upgrading 5.0.5 to 5.0.6/5.0.7
Hi, I've inheirited 3 SCO Servers and need to upgrade one to 5.0.6 from 5.0.5. The other two are at 5.0.6 and I want them all in line. Some questions: 1. Does SCO charge for this upgrade? If so, how much? 2. How easy is the upgrade? 3. Should I go to 5.0.7 instead for all the machines? Thanks, Jon Jon Wynacht typed (on Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 09:16:17AM -0700): | Hi, | | I've inheirited 3 SCO Servers and need to upgrade one to 5.0.6 from | 5.0.5. The other two are at 5.0.6 and I want them all in line. Some | questions: | | 1. Does SCO charge for this upgrade? If so, how much? ...

5.0 vs 5.5 vs 6.1
Hi I m starting a new project. Probably whith Sql-Anywhere 9 and Clarion. As i prefer Legacy and have other applications running under 5.0, i fancy dooing the job in 5.0. Is there something better in 5.5 or 6.1 (i heard has a lot of Bugs). Is there something that does nor work with Legacy? Glad for every hint and advise. Thanks Mc Key ...

[tao-users] ACE 5.3.5 + TAO 1.3.5 + CIAO 0.3.5 beta released
Hi We are happy to announce a new beta of ACE-5.3.5, TAO-1.3.5 and CIAO-0.3.5. This beta comes with new ORB level services that were developed over the past few months by folks at Washington University and University of Rhode Island. Please see the release notes attached with this email for more information. As usual the latest release is available at: http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/Download.html The doxygen documentation for the beta will be updated in the next few hours! We highly encourage you to download the present beta and use it with your applications and let us know if there are any p...

Upgrade OSR 5.0.5 to 5.0.6 or 5.0.7
Hi all, I've two olds servers DELL Poweredge 2300 with Raid PERC, funtionning with OSR 5.0.5. Iwant upgrade the OS to 5.0.6 or 5.0.7 but it seems (sco.com) that the poweredge 2300 is bnot supported after OSR 5.0.5 (Hardware comptatibility). has somebody attempt this with success and which drivers (Raid PERC, Adaptec) are used. Thank you in advance fir the help. ----------------------------------------------------- Andre Georgel Email : andre.georgel@noos.fr "La perfection n'est pas lorsqu'il n'y a plus rien � ajouter, mais lorsque qu'il n'y a plus rien � enl...

if time = 3 seconds, how do i set the values of the time steps 0,0.1,0.2,0.3,0.5,1.0,1.5,2.0,3.0,5.0 to -9999 from time =3 seconds
Hi &nbsp; I have 18 inputs (arrays) which contain certain statistics and if time&nbsp;&nbsp;= 3 seconds, set the values of time step 5.0 to -9999.0. &nbsp; I was wondering if there is an efficient way to do this without using a lot of case statements? &nbsp; Thank you. Hello AdrianT, it's not really clear to me what you want to do... I suspect: you have an array containing values and you want to output them with a fixed timing of 3 seconds: you should use a for loop autoindexing trough your array and sending the value to your indicator/output/whatever. Put a "wa...

Re: [tao-users] ACE 5.3.5 + TAO 1.3.5 + CIAO 0.3.5 beta released
Hi Folks, It's been about a year since we released ACE 5.3 and TAO 1.3. We are therefore planning to release ACE 5.4 and TAO 1.4 by mid-December. The ACE+TAO x.3.5 beta that Venkita just announced will be the penultimate beta towards that goal. In addition to all the enhancements that he mentioned in the release notes, we also plan to add the following enhancements before the x.4 release: ---------------------------------------- .. ACE subsetting enhancements .. ORB footprint and compilation-time enhancements .. CORBA Security Service capabilities .. Load Balancing Servi...

Re: [tao-users] ACE 5.3.5 + TAO 1.3.5 + CIAO 0.3.5 beta released #2
Hi Tom, > We are currently arm-wrestling with TAO-1.3.3 on VxWorks-5.5/Tornado-2.2 > built with non-native exceptions and with implicit templates. Implicit > templates are desirable since we are now using STL and those nested > templates make explicit instantiation almost impossible. Non-native > exceptions are important since native exceptions lead to a factor of 4.5 > increase in code size (!!). > > Implicit templates cause trouble with singletons, since the VxWorks-2.x > loader does not respect weakly-defined symbols, so one can not load > multiple mo...

5.22 to 5.5
So here's the big question-- if I just bought 5.2 a couple of weeks ago...will I have to pay for the upgrade to 5.5? (That would suck.) Thanks, Bryan In article <bpdn10$1kc$1@news.fsr.net>, Bryan C. Green <bcgreen@motioncode.com> wrote: > So here's the big question-- if I just bought 5.2 a couple of weeks > ago...will I have to pay for the upgrade to 5.5? (That would suck.) There is always a free upgrade period for each major release of REALbasic -- if you purchased RB after a certain date, you get the new version free. However, since 5.5 hasn&...

How to Download 5.5.5
Hi, I am trying to reinstall my REALbasic 5.5.5 Pro software on an upgraded portable. I have the 5.5 CD's, but I don't have the 5.5.5 update. Is there a place on the REALbasic web site where I can go to download previous versions? Thanks in advance, Jonathan Hoyle jonhoyle@mac.com wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to reinstall my REALbasic 5.5.5 Pro software on an upgraded > portable. I have the 5.5 CD's, but I don't have the 5.5.5 update. Is > there a place on the REALbasic web site where I can go to download > previous versions? ftp:...

Re: [tao-users] ACE 5.3.5 + TAO 1.3.5 + CIAO 0.3.5 beta released #2 #2
Hi Alex, > What are OCI's plan's for a supported TAO 1.4 release and developer > guide? Will this effect the release of the 1.3 guide? This is an excellent question - I'm sure Malcolm Spence will pitch in when he has a chance and I suspect that OCI will be supporting TAO 1.4 in due time. None of the changes in TAO 1.4 should affect the relevance of the info in the TAO 1.3 developer's guide - there's just more new stuff to document as time permits. Take care, Doug ...

Re: 5.5 to 6.5 upgrade #5
Biggy.... Open the book called HP3000 MIE/iX SYSTEM SOFTWARE MAINTENANCE MANUAL. Read through CheckList G - Update with tape If you do not have this manual, I can provide you with one -------------- Original message from Jeff Kubler : -------------- > To all; > I have a 5.5 to 6.5 upgrade I need to do next week. Any thoughts on > preparatory steps? > Things to watch out for? > Thanks, > Jeff Kubler > > * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * > * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * * To jo...

VMS 5.0
I am doing some research for a school paper about old versions of VMS, but I am having a hard time finding any documentation on VMS 5.0 - VMS 5.5. I'm also looking for info on cluster configuration for those versions. Does anyone have any idea of where I can get the docs? Thanks for you help. Ivan On Feb 22, 11:43 pm, Ivan <ifquei...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I am doing some research for a school paper about old versions of > VMS, but I am having a hard time finding any documentation on VMS 5.0 > - VMS 5.5. I'm also looking for info on cluster configuration for > those...

5.5.5 Lang Reference Missing
I upgraded my 5.5.4 installation of RBPro to 5.5.5 and now when I hit cmd-1, nothing happens (from the IDE). The language reference is missing! In article <dan-7CBE11.12284306042005@comcast.dca.giganews.com>, Dan Nafe <dan@scuba-training.net> wrote: > I upgraded my 5.5.4 installation of RBPro to 5.5.5 and now when I hit > cmd-1, nothing happens (from the IDE). The language reference is missing! It's certainly there for me. Try selecting it from the Help menu instead of using the keyboard shortcut; does that make any difference? Maybe a fresh download? ...

Should I fear an upgrade from 5.0 to.. 5.1 or 5.5 on a CentOS box?
I've just been handed a CentOS 5.1 , WHM/Cpanel server to maintain, it's running MySQL 5.0 which powers a few Forum/CMS type sites.. I really need to upgrade MySQL, because until I do, WHM/CPanel upgrades aren't possible.. How scary is this? Likelyhood of scripts like SMF, Wordpress etc breaking? How much time involved? Minutes, hours days? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance On 11/6/2013 2:26 PM, dewed wrote: > I've just been handed a CentOS 5.1 , WHM/Cpanel server to maintain, it's running MySQL 5.0 which powers a few Fo...

Web resources about - 5.5.0 vs 5.5.3 - comp.lang.basic.realbasic

"Donald Trump has muscled ahead in Iowa, regaining his lead on the brink of the first votes being cast ...
The Des Moines Register selects a very masculine verb as it reports its last poll before the caucus that will finally release us from the clutches ...

Israeli Military: Palestinian Gunmen Who Wounded 3 Shot Dead
Middle East Eye Israeli Military: Palestinian Gunmen Who Wounded 3 Shot Dead New York Times JERUSALEM — The Israeli military says forces have ...

Novak Djokovic sweeps Andy Murray in Australian Open final
ESPN Novak Djokovic sweeps Andy Murray in Australian Open final ESPN Novak Djokovic is a six-time Australian Open champion after defeating ...

Key Events in the Escape and Hunt for 3 California Inmates
Here are some key dates and events in the escape and hunt for three California inmates who broke out of a maximum security jail using a Google ...

Syria wants 2 militant groups barred from peace talks
GENEVA (AP) — President Bashar Assad's government will "never accept" the removal of two militant groups from a list of terrorist organizations ...

MIT wins design competition for Elon Musk's Hyperloop
MIT student engineers won a competition to transform SpaceX and Tesla Motors co-founder Elon Musk' idea into a design for a Hyperloop to move ...

Turkey says Russian jet violated its airspace again, warns of consequences
Toronto Star Turkey says Russian jet violated its airspace again, warns of consequences Reuters ANKARA Turkey warned of consequences on Saturday ...

China Strongly Condemns US for Sending Warship Near Island
Washington Times China Strongly Condemns US for Sending Warship Near Island New York Times BEIJING — China strongly condemned the United States ...

Blac Chyna And Rob Kardashian: How She Keeps Him Happy & Healthy
Blac Chyna has been taking good care of Rob Kardashian, despite what his sisters and his mom Kris Jenner may think. She’s not taking any chances ...

Drake Premieres “Summer Sixteen”
Drake debuted his new single "Summer Sixteen" on OVO Radio. A few lines stood out... He states, "All you boys in the New Toronto want to be me ...