5.5.5 Lang Reference Missing

I upgraded my 5.5.4 installation of RBPro to 5.5.5 and now when I hit
cmd-1, nothing happens (from the IDE). The language reference is missing!
0
Dan
4/6/2005 4:28:43 PM
comp.lang.basic.realbasic 2744 articles. 0 followers. spam127 (8) is leader. Post Follow

In article <dan-7CBE11.12284306042005@comcast.dca.giganews.com>,
 Dan Nafe <dan@scuba-training.net> wrote:

> I upgraded my 5.5.4 installation of RBPro to 5.5.5 and now when I hit
> cmd-1, nothing happens (from the IDE). The language reference is missing!

It's certainly there for me.  Try selecting it from the Help menu
instead of using the keyboard shortcut; does that make any difference?
Maybe a fresh download?

HTH,
- Joe

|    Joseph J. Strout         Check out the Mac Web Directory:     |
|    joe@strout.net           http://www.macwebdir.com             |
Joe
4/6/2005 6:39:39 PM
In article <joe-C2835D.13393606042005@comcast.dca.giganews.com>,
 Joe Strout <joe@strout.net> wrote:

> In article <dan-7CBE11.12284306042005@comcast.dca.giganews.com>,
>  Dan Nafe <dan@scuba-training.net> wrote:
>
> > I upgraded my 5.5.4 installation of RBPro to 5.5.5 and now when I hit
> > cmd-1, nothing happens (from the IDE). The language reference is missing!
>
> It's certainly there for me.

> Try selecting it from the Help menu
> instead of using the keyboard shortcut; does that make any difference?

Nope.

> Maybe a fresh download?

Didn't help either.
0
Dan
4/7/2005 12:04:47 AM
In article <dan-8D273C.20044706042005@comcast.dca.giganews.com>,
 Dan Nafe <dan@scuba-training.net> wrote:

> In article <joe-C2835D.13393606042005@comcast.dca.giganews.com>,
>  Joe Strout <joe@strout.net> wrote:
>
> > In article <dan-7CBE11.12284306042005@comcast.dca.giganews.com>,
> >  Dan Nafe <dan@scuba-training.net> wrote:
> >
> > > I upgraded my 5.5.4 installation of RBPro to 5.5.5 and now when I hit
> > > cmd-1, nothing happens (from the IDE). The language reference is missing!
> >
> > It's certainly there for me.
>
> > Try selecting it from the Help menu
> > instead of using the keyboard shortcut; does that make any difference?
>
> Nope.
>
> > Maybe a fresh download?
>
> Didn't help either.

Well, something's odd about your system that's preventing it from
appearing, I guess.  Your next step is probably to contact customer
support.

Best,
- Joe

|    Joseph J. Strout         Check out the Mac Web Directory:     |
|    joe@strout.net           http://www.macwebdir.com             |
Joe
4/7/2005 1:56:01 PM
> Well, something's odd about your system that's preventing it from
> appearing, I guess.  Your next step is probably to contact customer
> support.

Figgered it out myself. I got a 23" cinema display and replaced my two
smaller displays. My Language Ref window was set to apear in the now
missing window.

(Turns out that OS-X Expose function was useful afterall!)
0
Dan

How to Download 5.5.5
Hi, I am trying to reinstall my REALbasic 5.5.5 Pro software on an upgraded portable. I have the 5.5 CD's, but I don't have the 5.5.5 update. Is there a place on the REALbasic web site where I can go to download previous versions? Thanks in advance, Jonathan Hoyle jonhoyle@mac.com wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to reinstall my REALbasic 5.5.5 Pro software on an upgraded > portable. I have the 5.5 CD's, but I don't have the 5.5.5 update. Is > there a place on the REALbasic web site where I can go to download > previous versions? ftp:...

5.22 to 5.5
So here's the big question-- if I just bought 5.2 a couple of weeks ago...will I have to pay for the upgrade to 5.5? (That would suck.) Thanks, Bryan In article <bpdn10$1kc$1@news.fsr.net>, Bryan C. Green <bcgreen@motioncode.com> wrote: > So here's the big question-- if I just bought 5.2 a couple of weeks > ago...will I have to pay for the upgrade to 5.5? (That would suck.) There is always a free upgrade period for each major release of REALbasic -- if you purchased RB after a certain date, you get the new version free. However, since 5.5 hasn&...

5.5.0 vs 5.5.3
I tried 5.5 out when it was first released, but it was too buggy for my needs then. As I now have enough money to buy a licence, I'm wondering how much it has improved between 5.5.0 and 5.5.3. While the bugfixes list on RB's website is helpful, I'd like to know how buggy it still 'feels', if you know what I mean. As I've already had my 15-day trial with 5.5.0, so I don't supppose I would be able to try out 5.5.3 - hence why I'm asking here. -- Ben Wheatley University of Wales, Aberystwyth In article <86bc5a84.0410110835.66236beb@posting.google...

Re: 5.5 to 6.5 upgrade #5
Biggy.... Open the book called HP3000 MIE/iX SYSTEM SOFTWARE MAINTENANCE MANUAL. Read through CheckList G - Update with tape If you do not have this manual, I can provide you with one -------------- Original message from Jeff Kubler : -------------- > To all; > I have a 5.5 to 6.5 upgrade I need to do next week. Any thoughts on > preparatory steps? > Things to watch out for? > Thanks, > Jeff Kubler > > * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * > * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * * To jo...

REALbasic 5.5 ?
Does anyone have any idea when 5.5 will be officially released? Thanks. sir t (Eric C.) sir twistalot <sir_twistalot@yahoo.com> wrote: > Does anyone have any idea when 5.5 will be officially released? No. But I remember seeing something like first quarter of 2004 in one posting. So maybe February or March. Mfg Christian -- Six thousand functions in one REALbasic plug-in. The MBS Plugin. <http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/realbasic/plugins.html> http://www.realsoftware.com/support/linux_faq.html "sir twistalot" <sir_twistalot@yahoo.com...

Migration from vxworks 5.5 to vxworks 5.5.1
HI All, iam running on vxworks 5.5 and tornado2.2 command based with customized BSP for MPC8245 processor. Let me know, how would i migrate to 5.5.1 with tornado2.2.1 with out changing my applicaitons? Are there any migration guides from 5.5 to 5.5.1. Please help me in this regard on high priority. Giri wrote: > HI All, > > iam running on vxworks 5.5 and tornado2.2 command based with customized > BSP for MPC8245 processor. > > Let me know, how would i migrate to 5.5.1 with tornado2.2.1 with out > changing my applicaitons? > > Are there any migration guides ...

Tk8.5.5 build on leopard 10.5.5
I'm trying to build tk8.5.5 on my mac. I already have tcl8.5.5 installed. However, it's not through macports or any other package management system. I compiled tcl myself and it's currently in /Library/Frameworks/ Tcl.Framework. When I try to make the GNUmakefile I get this error: In file included from /Users/matthess/Downloads/tk8.5.5/macosx/../ generic/tkInt.h:21, from /Users/matthess/Downloads/tk8.5.5/macosx/../ generic/tk3d.c:16: /Users/matthess/Downloads/tk8.5.5/macosx/../generic/tk.h:23:3: error: #error Tk 8.5 must be compiled with tcl.h from Tcl 8.5 mak...

RB 5.5.5 TabPanel
I'm working on a project that one of my windowshas a tabPanel (4 tabs) with about 77 controls in the window. I have 4 buttons that are outside of the panel. Previous, Next, Cancel and Finish. Previous is disabled, by default. Next is default. Both of these calls the same method. Cancel and Finish are the other two buttons. By problem is with the next button. When I have that button and another button I can not had any more methods or properties, which I need to do. Once the buttons are gone, then I can add modules to my pleasure. The problem lies somewhere with the next button,...

5.5 to 6.5 upgrade
To all; I have a 5.5 to 6.5 upgrade I need to do next week. Any thoughts on preparatory steps? Things to watch out for? Thanks, Jeff Kubler * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

Netbeans 5.5 java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Hello Everybody I am trying to compile pretty big project using NM 5.5 - SDK 1.4 During compilation the IDE throws Out of memory exception I have edited the following file ( As explained in : http://performance.netbeans.org/howto/jvmswitches/index.html ) C:\Program Files\netbeans-5.5\etc\netbeans.conf ----------------------------------------------------------------------- netbeans_default_userdir="${HOME}/.netbeans/5.5" netbeans_default_options="-J-Xms128m -J-Xmx512m -J-Xverify:none" netbeans_jdkhome="C:\Java\jdk1.5.0_09" And still the same exception: ---------...

Conversion from 5.5 to 8.5 hangs on Step 5
Windows XP Any advice? Trying to convert a relatively large 5.5 database (1.5 GB) to 8.5. It gets through step 4 and updating indexes without too much trouble, but seems to hand on step 5. CPU usage is 100% - all FileMaker Pro. I let it run for 6 hours before i had to shut down my machine and no progress seemed to have been made. I tried copying the target DB to see what had been done and after searching for bad blocks (unused space?) it came up with an empty DB. I don't have access to FileMaker 5.5 at this location and haven't been able to find a trial version to download so I ...

[ace-users] [ACE 5.5] Upgrade from ACE 5.4.7 to ACE 5.5
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --Boundary_(ID_ogLNJ2XjtOnI/qoGYuqYNQ) Content-type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT ACE VERSION: 5.5 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Intel, WindowsXp, Windows 2003 AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: Our team has upgraded from ACE 5.4.7 to ACE 5.5. I am submitting this email as a service for the ace members that considure upgrading to ACE 5.5 and using the same platform and features we are using from the ACE Frameworks library. After running a regression test th...

RealBasic 5.5 Upgrade
Hi, I have RB 5 Pro and am just about to upgrade to 5.5 Pro but was wondering how far away v.6 is? I know its in closed beta but just don't wan't to have to pay out twice. Andy Andy Smith <spam@c3engine.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I have RB 5 Pro and am just about to upgrade to 5.5 Pro but was > wondering how far away v.6 is? There is not RB 6 beta, so it is months away from coming to the shops. Mfg Christian -- Nine thousand functions in one REALbasic plug-in. The MBS Plugin. <http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/realbasic/plugins.shtml&...

Stroustrup 5.5 References
this i the example programme. it has many errors, i am not able to make anything out it: ---------- PROGRAMME ----------- /* Stroustrup, 5.5 references STATEMENT: the basic idea is that a "string" has an associated floating-point value associated with it, wrapped in a "Struct" named "Pair"."pairs_list" is a "Vector" of different "Pair(s)" then we define a function named "get_value()" which keeps a "Pair" in "pair_list" for each different string that has been given to it as input. If the "input&quo...

Web resources about - 5.5.5 Lang Reference Missing - comp.lang.basic.realbasic

European Terrestrial Reference System 1989 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The European Terrestrial Reference System 1989 ( ETRS89 ) is a ECEF (Earth-Centered, Earth-Fixed) geodetic Cartesian reference frame , in which ...

Microsoft dismisses iPad Pro as “a companion device” and references old Steve Jobs stylus quote
... to be a companion device.” Laycock also said that “at one point in time, Apple declared that if there’s a stylus, that’s failure” – a reference ...

Can you spot these classic film references hidden in Pixar movies?
The animators at Pixar definitely love to throw in allusions to some of their favorite movies in their own films. Vimeo user Jorge Luengo Ruiz ...

Here's how to remove all Donald Trump references when you're online
... screen, a new Google Chrome extension can help. Here's how the Trump Filter works. The extension " searches the web pages you visit for references ...

See The Classic Movie References Found In Pixar's Greatest Films
... all well aware of just how clever Pixar movies are. These emotionally engaging stories are full of intricate themes and crammed with references ...

Worst passwords of 2015: Star Wars references sneak onto list
Enough with "123456" already! SplashData's annual list of the worst passwords in use includes some old favorites and some new sci-fi-inspired ...

Zootopia Trailer Adds a Godfather Reference to Disney Film - Collider
Watch a new trailer for the Disney animated movie Zootopia, which takes place in a world inhabited by talking animals and features Jason Bateman ...

Review: Klipsch X20i Reference In-Ear Headphones
These Klipsch X20i Reference In-Ear Headphones are pretty darn fantastic, and worth every penny.`

The Force Is Strong With This Sportscaster Who Drops ‘Star Wars’ References Like A Jedi
The Force Is Strong With This Sportscaster Who Drops ‘Star Wars’ References Like A Jedi

Disney Inundates General Hospital Episode With References To New Year's Eve College Football Playoff ...
ESPN says it isn’t worried about viewership for tomorrow’s college football playoff games on New Year’s Eve , but the degree to which TV viewers ...