Bevelbutton Menu Check Marks

I have been playing with Bevelbuttons and quickly ran into the
annoying check mark placed next to the most recent menu item select
the next time that menu is shown.

No idea why this has been implemented - but I have found a solution
(not the solution, but a solution - if there's a better solution
please post it.

Bascially I kill and rebuild the menu of the bevelbutton every time
the button is clicked.

Instead of building the menu in the bevelbutton.open I kill it and
build it time and time again in bevelbutton.mousedown:

  me.deleteAllRows
  me.MenuValue = -1
  me.addrow "One"
  me.addrow "Two"
  me.addseparator
  me.addrow "Three"

Hope someone finds this useful!

:-)

David Turnedge
0
turnedge
1/8/2005 2:59:15 AM
comp.lang.basic.realbasic 2744 articles. 0 followers. spam127 (8) is leader. Post Follow

In article <cb2a7710.0501071859.6053fafd@posting.google.com>,
 turnedge@screentime.com.au (David Turnedge) wrote:

> I have been playing with Bevelbuttons and quickly ran into the
> annoying check mark placed next to the most recent menu item select
> the next time that menu is shown.

That's how BevelButton menus are supposed to work -- if you find it
annoying, then you're probably misusing them.

Best,
- Joe

|    Joseph J. Strout         Check out the Mac Web Directory:     |
|    joe@strout.net           http://www.macwebdir.com             |
Joe

Bevelbutton Menu Check Marks Part II
Re some users' assertions that my check mark fix is not a fix at all because the check mark is supposed to be there... I say bah humbug! Safari and Firefox themselves feature drop down menus from icon buttons that DO NOT feature check marks... as the RB toolbar class isn't cross platform and doesn't support drop down menus... and because I am trying to emulate those menus... I have to use the bevelbutton... and sometimes I don't want or need the check marks on the menus. If someone has a neater solution to this please let me know!!! :-) ...

Check Marks In BevelButtons
Just a really quick, probably easy to answer question here. How do I turn of the ticks which are put beside my selection in bevelbutton menus? I've tried me.menuvalue=nil and me.menuvalue=[a value outside that in the menu] but none of these work, so whenever I select an option from my bevelbutton, I'm left with a checkmark I don't want. Please help! Regards Graeme D Warren graeme@memoblock.fsnet.co.uk http://www.memoblock.fsnet.co.uk In article <BB4C9866.1842D%graeme@memoblock.fsnet.co.uk>, Graeme D Warren <graeme@memoblock.fsnet.co.uk> wrote: > ...

Menu check mark magically disappears
Hi, I hope somebody can help me with the following problem. I simply use CheckMenuItem on a item in the regular main menu previously created with SHCreateMenuBar. So far so good, that all works like it is supposed to. Through another menu item I open a settings dialog. As soon as I leave this settings dialog, the previously set check mark in the main menu is gone. Further attempts of calling CheckMenuItem seem to be alright when I debug them, but the check mark doesn't appear again til I restart the application. Any thoughts on that issue ? Somebody ran into the same problem ? Regards...

CDialog
I've got a simple menu, created it in the resource editor and made it the menu for my main Dialog window. (CRSMDlg) How do I get my menu to display a check / tick box next to the item when I click on it. I tried adding the ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI event handler but no matter what I do the menu item is not "ticked" : void CRSMDlg::OnUpdateOps(CCmdUI *pCmdUI) { pCmdUI->SetCheck(1); } Is there an update / repaint method I must call, some property I must set on the Dialog box to inform it ? Also I found that the shortcut keys does not display when you click on...

How to show a check mark for a dynamically generated menu item?
Hello, I am generating a menu dynamically in the #onAboutToDisplayMenu: method and would like to add check mark to certain menu items. The problem is that the #queryCommand: method of my shell is only called for the menu name itself, but not for each menu item. (See below for my coding in those two methods). How can I enable check marks for the menu items? Bernhard queryCommand: aCommandQuery (aCommandQuery command == #drives) ifTrue: [ aCommandQuery isEnabled: true. ^true. ]. self halt. (aCommandQuery command == #toggleDriveMonitoring: ) ifTrue: [ aCommandQue...

Check/Unchek in PopUp Menu -- Tick mark is not toggleing
Hi I am displaying a Pop Up menu on right click of List Control's Header(CListCtrl). This popup menu is having Check/Tick marks. But they are not toggleing on subsequent clicks. I am using CMenu's CheckMenuItem( ) function. Can anybody please help me? Thanx in Advance... My Code looks like.... The first Function is displaying popup menu. The second funtion is handling the click on menuitems. The code for Toggleing Check/Tick mark is in second one. BOOL CWitPlayerDlg::OnNotify(WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam, LRE...

Color of check mark and check box
I would like to change the color of the checkmark and the background color of the uicontrol checkbox to something other than black on white. I am reporting on the status of several things using a checkbox and when they are all off I would like a blank checkbox; when they are all on, I would like to show a black checkmark on white background and finally when some are on and some are off, I would like to have a dark grey checkmark on a light grey background. I need the functionality of a checkbox (user changes the status of the box by clicking on it) but if there is something similar that would ...

how to check if a certain menu is contained in the menu-bar?
Hi, is there a way how to check....? see subject! Many Thanks in advance! Klaus -- Klaus Berndl mailto: klaus.berndl@sdm.de sd&m AG http://www.sdm.de software design & management Thomas-Dehler-Str. 27, 81737 M´┐Żnchen, Germany Tel +49 89 63812-392, Fax -220 > is there a way how to check....? see subject! You should be able to use `where-is' to get that info, but you'll have to be careful to look for the right thing. Stefan Klaus Berndl <klaus.berndl@sdm.de> writes: > Hi, > > is there a way how to check....? see ...

menu basics
I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out how to make my application react to menu items. All the documents I've seen seem to assume this is so simple and obvious that it requires no explanation -- but I'm completely lost! I can easily add a menu item in IB, but can't figure out how to set its "target" or get my program to receive some kind of event message from it. -- Tony Belding, Hamilton Texas In article <2007021418560916807-zobeid@techiecom>, Tony Belding <zobeid@techie.com> wrote: > I'm having a lot of trouble figuring...

Basic BASIC
Now that our series on Basic for Beginners - Basic BASIC by Ray Favre - is at an end, those who have not read the series may wish to purchase the back copies of Qercus that include the six parts of Basic BASIC. The series takes a complete beginner to programming and introduces sufficient to get you started and producing your own programs. Examples are listed within the article or in the Yellow Pages feature in the magazine and these can be typed in by the reader. These listings will also be available on the Qercus website. Purchasers of the series, who don't have access to the internet, ...

check one two check check
check check one twoo Stifler wrote: > check check one twoo You're supposed to say that into a microphone. Here it goes like this: "this is a test, please ignore." -- _______________________________________________________________________ Christopher R. Carlen Principal Laser/Optical Technologist Sandia National Laboratories CA USA crcarle@sandia.gov -- NOTE: Remove "BOGUS" from email address to reply. ...

Check mark field
I created a db using access xp. THe way I did it is by following the contack management wizard to the point I could create my customized design. Well, I did it and after I clicked the View button to the design view I deleted some fields I did not need. And then I tried to create a check mark field where I can keep track of students courses they have taken. For example, Math, Social Studies, etc. and next to the course I isnerted the check mark wich is located in the Toolbar Options. Well, I changed back to From view and tried the db. I clicked the check mark it it worked! How...

Check for menu activity
Hello, Is there a way to find out if the menu is active, other than figuring it out from messages like WM_INITMENU and WMENTERMENULOOP. I am looking for a function like this bool isActive=MenuIsActive(hmenu); with MenuIsActive a WIN32 API function and hmenu of type HMENU. Does such a function exist? -X "Agent Mulder" <mbmulder_remove_this_@home.nl> wrote in message news:bpkngd$un3$1@news2.tilbu1.nb.home.nl... > Hello, > Is there a way to find out if the menu is active, other than figuring it out > from messages like WM_INITMENU and WMENTERMENULO...

checking a menu pick
Hello man, as simple as this, I never thought I have to ask, using emacs 21.x.x c++/ah Abbrev Fill mode, BTW on the very left there is (DOS)-- what does this mean? anyway this is not the reason I am here. I used the mouse, "after few days with out touching it", to go to the menu bar at the top Cscope -> options "which does not have a keyborad keys binding" which has a right arrow, by moving the mouse there it opens up a sub menu, there are some options with a box on the left of each, how can I check on of them boxes, I tried every mouse key for no avail, is there a...

Web resources about - Bevelbutton Menu Check Marks - comp.lang.basic.realbasic