Googler's Sergey Brin G+ https://plus.google.com/+SergeyBrin/
0
Clair
4/5/2013 3:51:31 PM
comp.lang.basic.realbasic 2744 articles. 0 followers. spam127 (8) is leader. Post Follow

Caching, Caching, Caching
All of a sudden, when I either start a debug session or return from one, the project window bottom displays that its "Caching Directory..." and it does this for each of the directories (Like FlatHeaderConversion) about 4 times - its taking for ever to start/stop debugger. I don't this is related to the Compiler/Parser option (I've got it on compiler and haven't changed it for a long time). Anyone seen this or know what's happening? After throwing away the IDE 5.5 Prefs file, things are working normally. Douglas Corarito wrote: > All...

Basic BASIC
Now that our series on Basic for Beginners - Basic BASIC by Ray Favre - is at an end, those who have not read the series may wish to purchase the back copies of Qercus that include the six parts of Basic BASIC. The series takes a complete beginner to programming and introduces sufficient to get you started and producing your own programs. Examples are listed within the article or in the Yellow Pages feature in the magazine and these can be typed in by the reader. These listings will also be available on the Qercus website. Purchasers of the series, who don't have access to the internet, ...

No cache or not to cache
There appears to be plenty of discussion in newsgroups on how to do caching but nothing on why I'm in some disagreement with one of my colleagues over the use of caching of webpages. He states that " I really do not expect to have to click my refresh button on modern day sites. Years ago when amateur web building was all the rage it was quite common to have to refresh." and " I do not think that our member societies should have the inconvenience of remembering to refresh the site every time just in case they have missed something. " The pages chang...

Lang attribute basics
I thought that I couldn't possibly get into trouble with the lang attribute, but this turned out not to be the case. I am writing in English, and using the HTML 4.01 DTD, so adding <html lang="en"> seemed pretty reasonable. Then I though I had better work out how to make one paragraph another language, just in case. I was watching StarTrek at the time, so I turned to http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/englangn.html where the ISO639.2 says the code for Klingon is tlh So I thought a new paragraph <p lang="tlh"> would be the right thing. ...

translate from BASIC to REALbasic
I have a short (~50 line) program written in BASIC from years ago, that I'd like to get up and running in REALBasic. It's just some data entry (24 lines) then 3 nested For-Next loops and a couple of simple calculations (27 lines). I just downloaded the REALBasic 10 day demo and tutorial but don't want to spend the time to plow through it all, learning about windows and such. It seems that I could just incorporate the math I need to do in somebody's existing template. Would anyone be willing to help me to get it up and running quickly? Then I can test it on the d...

Visual Basic and REALbasic
I am told that projects created with VB can be ported to RB with small effort. I am inheriting a VB project, but I don't know if it is a VB 2003 or a VB 2005 project. I know that there have been some changes in the 2005 version (VB.net changed only slightly between the 2002 and 2003 releases). Will Rb be able to convert a 2005 project, or is it only good with the original VB.net? I don't know, but I thought RB converted old VB 6 projects, but nothing from .NET. Is this true? "Math1723" <anonym1723@aol.com> wrote in message news:1141337997.713810....

need LCD monitor basics
hi, i just bought my 1st lcd monitor, a Planar; very nice; i want to know what are the basic Do's and Dont's for lcds 1. can they be left on indefinitely, like CRT's ? 2. i notice, they are silent when you turn it off and on; very different from crt's maybe there's are website for this type of basic info? thanks pete "peter m hanson" <wrouuaegup8u@jetable.org> wrote in message news:60ac8470.0312131357.d8e4d5@posting.google.com... > hi, > > i just bought my 1st lcd monitor, a Planar; very nice; > i want to know what are the basic Do's...

Basic DNS Cache Server
Yes, I know this is probably a very stupid question, but trust me that when I say this that I've been through every possible documentation possible and it still eludes me as to how to set it up properly so that it works. I need a step by step walk-through on how to set up at least a DNS Cache Server. Please do no point me to anymore online documents as I've probably read them hundreds of times. Yes, I'm asking to be hand-held through the a setup. I'm running Red Hat Fedora Core 5. So, if anyone truly wants to help me set one up, I would be greatly appreciat...

Monitoring SQL Statement Cache
I need to define a set of monitors to monitor key DB metrics. I can see that using the SMI tables, I can get a lot of what I want. However, I can't seem to find any way of monitoring the efficiency of the SQL Statement Cache. Something like a cache hit ratio (in %) would be useful. Nor can I seem to find out, on average, how long SQL statements are taking to execute. Is there any way of finding out stuff like this on an Informix DB? dave.clarke@reflective.com wrote: > I need to define a set of monitors to monitor key DB metrics. > > I can see that using the ...

Monitoring an event monitor
Hello, I would like to monitor an event monitor to make sure that I get an alarm if it's not running. I would like to use SQL statements for this. Is there a way to determine the current status on an event monitor, using SQL? - syscat.events doesn't seem to expose the status of the event monitors. -- Troels "Troels Arvin" <troels@arvin.dk> wrote in message news:hdjjho$g84$1@news.net.uni-c.dk... > Hello, > > I would like to monitor an event monitor to make sure that I get an alarm > if it's not running. I would like to use SQL sta...

cache::cache and memcached
Hello all A questions from 10,000ft: I'm looking to use memcached as a Cache::Cache. Looks like I'll need to wrap Cache::Memcached to conform to the Cache::Cache interface...? Has this been done somewhere (and I've missed it?)? ...

basic question about monitoring bandwidth
Hello, I want to monitor bandwidth on a switch using SNMP and ifHCInOctets and ifHCOutOctets. My question is ifHCIn/OutOctets gives the total value in bytes receieved on the interface so it will grow and grow. I want to get mbits per second for this. Do i just take 2 readings at 1 min interval, obtain the difference. Divide it by 60 to get bytes per second, then divide by 8 to get bits per second? Thanks On Fri, 1 Aug 2008 08:35:48 -0700 (PDT), cconnell_1@lycos.com wrote: > I want to get mbits per second for this. Do i just take 2 readings at > 1 min interval, obtain th...

Basic LCD Monitor question.
Hey guys, I plan on making the step from my budget Wal-Mart KDS X-Flat 17" CRT to a semi highend 19" LCD-- and was toying with two displays I found on Newegg. Firstly, here are the links: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824174024 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824163129 They look to be the same monitor to me... same price, same size. Only thing is, I noticed that the Neovo has '12ms' over AOpen's '16ms'. I'm not quite sure what this means.. is bigger better, or is it like pings in games.. you want to get the l...

need LCD monitor basics
hi, i just bought my 1st lcd monitor, a Planar; very nice; i want to know what are the basic Do's and Dont's for lcds 1. can they be left on indefinitely, like CRT's ? 2. i notice, they are silent when you turn it off and on; very different from crt's maybe there's are website for this type of basic info? thanks pete "peter m hanson" <wrouuaegup8u@jetable.org> wrote in message news:60ac8470.0312131357.d8e4d5@posting.google.com... > hi, > > i just bought my 1st lcd monitor, a Planar; very nice; > i want to know what are the basic Do's...

Web resources about - Cach Monitor - comp.lang.basic.realbasic

The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com
The Christian Science Monitor is an international news organization that delivers thoughtful, global coverage via its website, weekly magazine, ...

The Monitor
2009 Kia Rio. 43k. 4dr. New tires, like new, w

File:Monitor padlock.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License , Version 1.2 or ...

Uber tests out using smartphones to monitor driver behavior
(credit: VCU CNS @ Flickr ) Uber announced today that it will monitor some of its drivers' behavior for things like excessive speeding or distracted ...

Satechi announces Aluminum Monitor Stand for MacBook, iMac, and more
... Some folks must leverage a laptop as a desktop. There are many ways to create a solid desktop experience using a laptop, such as a monitor ...

Baby monitor security is so bad that there’s a chance someone is watching your sleeping kid
This is disturbing news for anyone who has a web-connected baby monitor. Ars Technica brings us word of search engine called Shodan whose main ...

Consumer Reports Defends Fitbit, Amid Heart Monitor Inaccuracy Lawsuit
Publication that reviews electronic gadgets recommends Fitbit Inc (NYSE:FIT) products, contends its own tests show minimum deviations in Surge ...

V-Moda Zn In-Ear Monitors Review – The Audiophile’s Workout Headphones
When the Zn in-ear monitors first were announced, V-Moda made some big claims for their first new earphones in a four-year span — basically, ...

Consumer Reports Checks Fitbit Heart Rate Monitors Again
Earlier this month, a lawsuit from several Fitbit tracking watch owners made the news . In it, three users claimed that the heart rate monitors ...

Aluminum stand puts Apple monitors on fitting pedestal
... as well make that pedestal complimentary to Jony Ive’s design. The tech accessories company Satechi on Thursday debuted a sleek aluminum monitor ...