Debugger problems

Hi

I keep getting some strange behavior in the RB Debugger. I am Using
RB5.5.4Pro on Mac OS 10.3.6.

When I run the debugger on a app I'm developing, I will often get arrays
filling with unexpected values or no values at all, however if I build the
app and run it, it works as expected.

Is this a common problem with the RB5.5.4 debugger or is my Mac or copy of
RB a bit sick?

mandingo
1/6/2005 11:18:06 AM
comp.lang.basic.realbasic 2744 articles. 0 followers. spam127 (8) is leader. Post Follow

OK, I have discovered that Chr(255) cannot be used to return NthField or
CountField. I don't know if it is the system or RB that has the problem, but
it just doesn't like this ascii character.

mandingo

Very Basic Basic Problem
Sorry if this comes across too elementry, but I'm having a problem with this program I have to write for school, and with my back against the wall I have too throw away my pride and ask for help. I'm pretty much folowing the textbook's lead here, since I was absence the day she went over this. Anyway the problem seems to be with the loop, its an endless loop. From the READ/DATA statements only the first line 'David Bassett' is apperaing on the screen. All the formatting (Page name, heading etc) seems to be coming up as planned. Again with a few alterations, ...

debugger problem and other problem
Hi all! I gave it another try to upgarde from 1.0.1 to 1.2.1 from CVS (Rev. 6469). My system: Linux Debian Lenny, kernel 2.6.24. Problems: 1. the classical debugger doesn't show the code. First I thought it could be a color problem, but it isn't. Changing the color doesn't help. You can find a screenshot at http://www.apw-wiegand.de/apwlin/debugger.png. As you can see the debugger finds the code file and shows the line number where it actually is, but doesn't show the code. In 1.0.1 the debugger was functioning. 2. I read several times in the newsgroup that others have the...

problems problems problems
(The short(?) summary) I've got an Access MDB file and a DAO connect with it.. Problem 1 of 2 The below gives me a runtime error 91 Object variable or With block variable not set. I've got the db stuff after the form.show (to make sure all the objects on the form are loaded before attempting to utilize/manipulate them) But it doesn't like it when I use the data object in the form load anyway for some reason.. pffft. Private Sub Form_Load() frmTest1Project.Show datGallery.Recordset.MoveLast datGallery.Recordset.MoveFirst Call LockTextBoxes(frmTest...

debugger problem
I've got a problem writing a debugger. The debugging process won't get notificated, and the debug process won't show up, although it is running in task-manager. Any idea what I did wrong? BTW: I use mingw for the program and VS ..net for the debugger program. But that's not a problem, is it? // --------------------------------------------------------------- // // This is the debugger code // --------------------------------------------------------------- // BOOL CSampleView::DebugProgram(LPCTSTR lpPathName, LPCTSTR lpComdLine) { DEBUG_EVENT DebugEv; DWORD dwCo...

Problems with debugger.
Hi I'm having trouble with the debugger on three fronts. First the version of ruby I am using is: ruby 1.8.2 (2004-12-25) [i386-mswin32] If I start the debugger from the command line I get this message: bash-3.00$ ruby -rdebug ListDir.rb Debug.rb Emacs support available. i:/programs/scripting/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/ubygems.rb:4:require 'rubygems ' When I ask for a listing it has stopped on the line: require 'rubygems' In Emacs (v 21.4.1) running rubydb I get a prompt but no output: untill I type the command quit. Then I see the output of the entire session. F...

Debugger problem?
Hello, Is there any word on whether the Debugger() call has a bug in 8.3? It doesn't stop where you put the call--it stops outside of the function, and so relevant variables are not accessible. This is bad, especially if you are trying to teach programming with CW. Bint In article <BB8C9E92.C266%juliosity@igf.com>, Bint <juliosity@igf.com> wrote: > Is there any word on whether the Debugger() call has a bug in 8.3? It > doesn't stop where you put the call--it stops outside of the function, and > so relevant variables are not accessible. T...

problem with debugger
Hello Clippers I have problem with debugger. somehow it doesn't seem to work on my new computer. I have compiled using /b switch but when I run with cld <prg name> the prg runs without debugger. I have P4,win 98. Earlier I had P166,win 98. The autoexec.bat and config.sys are intentical so far as clipper is concerned. Pls help Thanks in advance -- Rajeev Chavan email to : sschavan at eth dot com Rajeev Link in CLD.LIB and use ALTD() in a .prg or Alt+D when sitting at a wait state (get/inkey()) to break into the debugger. ie Add FILE CLD.LIB or FILE \PathToCLDLIB\CLD.LIB ...

Debugger problem
Hello, I am new to OS X programming, and i use C++ compiler Codewarrior 8.0 with OS as 10.2 and i somehow managed to crash my system so that i had to reinstall the OS (10.2.2) But now my Codewarrior 8.0 complains to me whenever i try to debug an application. It says "Unknown Error. Can't connect to GDB", Also the interface builder and project builder dont work with the new install Before the latest install they worked correctly. I have the folder known as 'previous system' which contains all the preferences and libraries that i used previously what can i tak...

Debugger Problems
I recently purchased a copy of CodeWarrior Learning Edition v4. It works well mostly, even though it's slighty more limited that I would like. The thing in CodeWarrior I've been having problems with is the debugger. Whenever I try to debug something, CodeWarrior crashes. The problem is 100% reproducable. I've looked at http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=20030427093158.25304.00000126@mb- m23.aol.com and http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=9c6fb850.0306300706.f10989f@posti ng.google.com but the solutions have not helped. When I try to run CW8_GDB.bin ...

Problems with basics..
hi All, This is my first post.. I am trying to understand how #include works... I wrote a simple multi file project like this in C::B. ///// MyFunc.h /////////// #ifndef MYFUNC_H_INCLUDED #define MYFUNC_H_INCLUDED int Val; void PrintVal(); #endif // MYFUNC_H_INCLUDED ////////////// MyFunc.c /////////////// #include <stdio.h> #include "myfunc.h" void PrintVal() { printf("%d",Val); } /////////////////// main.c ////////////////// #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include "myfunc.h" int main() { Val = 30; ...

Debugger problem?
I use the debugger regularly and have just run into a problem that I have not seen before: Using C5.5H ABC on W2K machine Not all the procedures are available in the debugger. They simply are not there. Every procedure is set to debug mode and the whole app is set to Full debug. For example: Modules 1 through 18 and 20 through 25 are available, but module 19 is missing. I move the procedure in module 19 into module 18 and, although the source code shows up in the debugger, it is not "active." That is, I cannot set a break point in it or step into it. The AppFile.map file is also ...

Debugger problem
Hello, I have a mach-o application, and when I call Debugger(), it doesn't stop at my call. It seems to stop after the Debugger() call, and in another function! I can put a red-dot at the Debugger call, but that dot gets moved or erased when I change code, so it is not practical to keep setting it over and over. I forget to do it. Is there a fix for this? I'm in 8.3 academic and cannot afford 9. Thanks! Bint In article <030920032006215658%bint@irg.com>, bint <bint@irg.com> wrote: >Hello, > I have a mach-o application, and when I call Deb...

debugger problem
Try to run Call Of duty United offense but get this message. "unload the debugger and try again. Call of duty runs fine... Thor-Inge looks like a copy protected game. maybe you could get a cracked version somewhere..... toon wrote: > looks like a copy protected game. maybe you could get a cracked version > somewhere..... > After installing a no cd patch it worked..... Thor-Inge ...

Web resources about - Debugger problems - comp.lang.basic.realbasic

Debugger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... , but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations . Please improve this article by introducing more precise citations. A debugger ...

Debugger - Facebook-Entwickler
Facebook-Entwickler Search Facebook Developers Dokumente Werkzeuge Hilfe Neuigkeiten Anwendungen Anmelden Debugger Startseite › Werkzeuge Input ...

Script Debugger 5.0
Major update to one of my favorite apps of all time. If you dick around with AppleScript, you should have Script Debugger.

Review: 5 memory debuggers for Linux coding
When you're working in Linux, manually debugging memory-related errors can be difficult and time consuming. These five tools can help.

Android Studio 1.2 Reaches Beta, Adds Built-In Decompiler, Inline Debugger Variables, Smarter Formatting ...
When Android Studio v1.1 entered the Stable channel, about 6 weeks ago, the Dev Tools team gave word that v1.2 was already well underway and ...

Review: 5 memory debuggers for Linux coding
As a programmer, I'm aware that I tend to make mistakes and why not? Even programmers are human. Some errors are detected during code compilation, ...

Meet the DeBuggers An attitude adjustment regarding the "Fix" at Healthcare.gov
Let me start off by saying that Healthcare.gov is now working well in most areas of the US. Folks are accessing the site all day, every day, ...

Resolving Nightmare Bugs With Reversible Linux App Debugger
Undo and ARM partner on ARM DS-5 tool suite rapidly resolve nightmare bugs

Bed bugs: A new debugger - The Economist
FEW things destroy the reputation of a high-class hotel faster than bed bugs.

Genuitec Launches Debugger for PhoneGap, Apache Cordova
Genuitec ships GapDebug, a new debugger for developers building PhoneGap and Apache Cordova apps.