Font and size in controls and text

Is there anywhere where I can see a general rule for what fonts and sizes I
should use for buttons, areas of text and so on in my app so that it fits in
my other system applications? Apologies for all of the school boy style
questions this afternoon, thanks for your help!

Graeme

0
Graeme
3/4/2005 4:06:51 PM
comp.lang.basic.realbasic 2744 articles. 0 followers. spam127 (8) is leader. Post Follow

In article <BE4E381B.2160%graeme@memoblock.fsnet.co.uk>,
 Graeme Warren <graeme@memoblock.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

> Is there anywhere where I can see a general rule for what fonts and sizes I
> should use for buttons, areas of text and so on in my app so that it fits in
> my other system applications?

Yes: you should use font "System" size 0.

Best,
- Joe

|    Joseph J. Strout         Check out the Mac Web Directory:     |
|    joe@strout.net           http://www.macwebdir.com             |
Joe
3/4/2005 5:33:57 PM
On 4/3/05 5:33 pm, in article
joe-816215.11335704032005@comcast.dca.giganews.com, "Joe Strout"
<joe@strout.net> wrote:

> In article <BE4E381B.2160%graeme@memoblock.fsnet.co.uk>,
> Graeme Warren <graeme@memoblock.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Is there anywhere where I can see a general rule for what fonts and sizes I
>> should use for buttons, areas of text and so on in my app so that it fits in
>> my other system applications?
>
> Yes: you should use font "System" size 0.

Thanks, should I be using this in any item which displays text, including
buttons, text areas etc? Thanks

Graeme

0
Graeme
3/5/2005 10:11:06 AM
In article <BE4F363A.217B%graeme@memoblock.fsnet.co.uk>,
 Graeme Warren <graeme@memoblock.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

> > Yes: you should use font "System" size 0.
> >
> Thanks, should I be using this in any item which displays text, including
> buttons, text areas etc? Thanks

Yep.

Best,
- Joe

|    Joseph J. Strout         Check out the Mac Web Directory:     |
|    joe@strout.net           http://www.macwebdir.com             |
Joe

How to make sure that font style/size in graphics matches with text font/size?
Hi, I'm writing my phd thesis with pdfLaTeX (KOMA script package with "standard" serif fonts, 11 pt) and now have to create technical drawings, schemes and diagrams. (My thesis is about engineering, so there will have to be some technical drawings and sketches, flow charts and schemes, fotos and many many graphs... I'm writing on a PowerBook with OS X, but am also working on a PC with Windows XP.) I'm not sure what software to use to create (vector) graphics and how to ensure that font size and style look good with the text of the document... Should the text in the grap...

Changing Font-Size in Static Text Control
Hello, how can I change (in plain C/Win32) the font size of a Sstatic-Text-Control? I know WM_SETFONT, but that's not the key... Thomas On 29 sep, 15:18, "Thomas Steinbach" <steinb...@gmx-topmail.de> wrote: > Hello, > > how can I change (in plain C/Win32) the font size of a > Sstatic-Text-Control? > I know WM_SETFONT, but that's not the key... You must first test the current font. For example => HFONT hFont, hNewFont; LOGFONT lf; HDC hDC; hFont = (HFONT)SendMessage(hStatic1, WM_GETFONT, 0, 0); if(hDC = GetDC(hStatic1)) { ...

Font sizes in 'rich text' control
I have run into a problem with the new rich text control in Access 2007. It seems that you can only choose from 6 preset font sizes when entering or editing text. The sizes are 8,10,12,14,18,24,36, which as I understand it, corresponds to Font Size=1 through Font Size = 6 in HTML. Is there any way around this. I have a need to display the data at 46pt, and also to make fine discriminations in font size depending on the data displayed. Is there some other way to tell HTML to display a font size? Is there some way to overcome these limits in Access 2007? Thanks in advance for your h...

Font size in text Field and text Area
I am using swing. I want to reduce the size of the font in text areas and text fields to fit more in. Is there an easy to do this?? Mark On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 23:42:15 GMT, "Mark and Ingrid Nugent" <nugget@in.com.au> wrote or quoted : >I am using swing. I want to reduce the size of the font in text areas and >text fields to fit more in. Is there an easy to do this?? see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/font.html You can setFont individually, or change the LAF. -- Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green. Coaching, problem solving, economical contract programming. See http://m...

Using ExecWB to control font size in a WebBrowser control
Hello, I'm muddling my way through some simple development in vba for access xp. At one point I wanted to set the font size in a web browser control to the smallest available size (zero). I found the relevant kb article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304103 However when I tried the following code (based on the examples in the kb article) it didn't work: Private Sub SetZero_Click() Dim Z As Variant 'Z is the value to hold the zoom level. WebBrowser.ExecWB OLECMDID_ZOOM, OLECMDEXECOPT_DONTPROMPTUSER, Null, Z If Z > 0 Then Z = 0 End If WebBrowser.ExecWB OLECMDID...

Problems resizing, increasing font size, control size etc
Hi there I need to provide a facility whereby my Clarion program (Clarion 5b) maintains it's design size no matter what resolution the user is using (with a minimum of 800x600, the design size). I've got this working perfectly for window size and control size, I've even got the font sizing done ok. What I'm falling over on are the following items; 1. MESSAGE() window size. No matter what I try, the font might get bigger but the window never increases in size to accomodate the actual text (it looks terrible too). Designing my own message window isn't an option, even by ...

How to setup the font type/font size for a text in Version 8.xx ???
In Version 7.xx there was an option to setup the font type (e.g. Times New Roman, Helvetia,...) and the size of a text I want to write into a graphic. But where do I specify these attributes in Version 8.xx ? Regards Paul Shadowfax wrote: > paulbabb@gmx.ch (Paul Babb) wrote in > news:bg8k62$d34$06$1@news.t-online.com: > > >>In Version 7.xx there was an option to setup the font type (e.g. >>Times New Roman, Helvetia,...) and the size of a text I want to >>write into a graphic. >> >>But where do I specify these attributes in Version 8.xx ? > ...

Front end text formatting
Hi, I'm totally new to formatting in Mathematica. Please could someone help me make it so my default.nb does fractions that don't shrink in font size? Also, my table font is set to courier and the equations don't do italics as usual. How do I solve this? Many thanks well look hard for options - there are many that may help. here's a clue if you can't find any... on my box Mathematica doubles the Box height when I enter a faction and the fraction is the same size. try changing style sheets? Mine does that for Style Input but not Style Text. For style...

How to setup the font type/font size for a text in Version 8.xx ???
In Version 7.xx there was an option to setup the font type (e.g. Times New Roman, Helvetia,...) and the size of a text I want to write into a graphic. But where do I specify these attributes in Version 8.xx ? Regards Paul Shadowfax wrote: > paulbabb@gmx.ch (Paul Babb) wrote in > news:bg8k62$d34$06$1@news.t-online.com: > > >>In Version 7.xx there was an option to setup the font type (e.g. >>Times New Roman, Helvetia,...) and the size of a text I want to >>write into a graphic. >> >>But where do I specify these attributes in Version 8.xx ? > ...

Matlab-graph text font size and enlarging window size automatically
Hi, I'm plotting three subplots on one figure and the labels (x and y and title) are all intefering with each other. How can I enlarge the window that appears (without manually using the maximize button) or reduce the text size or make sure the text doesnt overlap? Also on a seperate note if I want to make an if statement that makes sure a value is an integer how can I do that?? i.e if num isnt integer num = 1 end Thanks in advance Dan Hi, in edit, file object properties you can change the size and the font of every label and title. For the other question, I don't know John...

Text font size
Hi all, I've got a piece of code that I would like to be able to run on both Windows and Linux (FC2). It basically all seems compatible, except for some major differences in font sizes. Initially I wrote the code in Windows with R13 and got it all looking good. Now I'm trying to run it in R14 on Linux, but the font sizes are all wrong. Here's a snippet of the code; figure('Position',[50 50 300 150]); axis([0 250 0 100]); set(gca,'Position',[0 0 1 1]); text(0,50,'Test','FontSize',60); On Windows, the text almost filled the figure window. On L...

Adjusting font-size for system font-size
In Windows XP, there's an accessability wizard that allows the user to change the font size for readability. There's probably something similar in other operating systems. I think it would be a nice thing to do for any users with large system font sizes to detect that and offer up an alternative stylesheet. I don't know how to approach this, though, and I'm sure it involves more than CSS. Is it possible to detect this setting? Ian -- http://www.bookstacks.org/ On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 22:53:45 GMT, Ian <blank@blank.com> wrote: >I think it would be a nice th...

Controlling text size?

Thoughts on font-size control
I have been researching some different techniques to controll font size on a webpage and offer users a way to easily manipulate the font and was curious as to what methods others were using/had used in the past for this sort of thing. I have been using static point font sizes on a stylesheet. With a script that swaps out the stylesheet for one with larger point sizes upon clicking a button. I chose this technique out of all the others I have seen because it seemed to offer the most compatability with slightly out of date browers etc. However the built in font controll from IE, Firefox etc....

Web resources about - Font and size in controls and text - comp.lang.basic.realbasic

Chaos grips Republican primary race as party loses control of process
Donald Trump's dispute with Fox News and unease about Ted Cruz expose party establishment's weaknesses.

WA fires: Lives, homes threatened by out-of-control bushfire near Wedge Island
Lives and homes in the Mid West coastal settlement of Grey remain potentially under threat from an out-of-control bushfire burning 60 kilometres ...

Google Docs mobile suite now has full comment control
As someone who uses Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides on a daily basis, it’s sometimes a little frustrating that the mobile versions of these services ...

Ground Control to Major Tom: Must We Grieve So Publicly?
David Bowie’s death a few weeks ago unsettled me—not the death itself, but the phenomenon that followed it. Initially, as my social media feeds ...

Clinton in damage control over latest email revelation
State Dept. says 22 messages on former secretary of state's private email server upgraded to "top secret"

Control your high health-care costs
Financial advisor Carolyn McClanahan offers five tips to help consumers with high deductibles control health expenses.

A look inside Verizon's Super Bowl control center
With banks of big-screens high along three walls and a huge TV on the fourth, it could be a great spot to watch The Super Bowl. But when the ...

FCC Chief Moves To Break Cable And Satellite Control Of Set Top Boxes
Will set top boxes become the next hot consumer electronics product? That’s FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler ’s goal in a rulemaking proceeding announced ...