Missing Feature: Classic Icons

A icon sixe was removed from the build window for Classic builds. And
although they claim RB 2005 will still build for Classic, the icons for
Classic do not show up either from a 5.5.5 project or manually added into
RB 2005. Yet they continue to support old versions of Windows. I am not
paying hundreds of odllar so I have to manually alter the builds so they
show the proper icons.

Thanks RS for not supporting the Macintosh environment on which your
company was built!

0
Kodze
1/8/2006 7:45:22 AM
comp.lang.basic.realbasic 2744 articles. 0 followers. spam127 (8) is leader. Post Follow

Kodze <cuz@holy.com> wrote:

> A icon sixe was removed from the build window for Classic builds. And
> although they claim RB 2005 will still build for Classic, the icons for
> Classic do not show up either from a 5.5.5 project or manually added into
> RB 2005.

For me it works. Sounds like your Mac has a damaged desktop icon
database.

mfg
Christian

--
Around eleven thousand functions in one REALbasic plug-in.
The Monkeybread Software Realbasic Plugin.

Lie. Yeah, I guess all the MACS I use must be damaged, with each one using
a different operating system for testing purposes. And by the way there is
no problem with version 5.5.5, just RS's lack of support.

Time to put on the rubber boots as the monkey shit is getting deep here.

0
Kodze

Missing Classic Icons
Have tried all demo version of RB 2005 (build 1, 2, 3, 4) and 2006 (build 1) and I own RB 5.5.5 pro. Ever since RB 2005 came out classic icons have never worked for a compiled application even after a complete wipe of the computer's HD and a virgin reinstallment of the computer's software. Also a icon size specific to Mac classic has also been removed from the icon settings window. The icon's window new design is a complete and utter failure - I don't want to have to manipulate items in the window just to paste in icons I want to open the window and paste, paste, pa...

Missing a couple of basic (and very necessary) features in containers.Map
Almost all of my Matlab work is done using arrays, sparse arrays and cell arrays. Only recently have I found a natural application for containers.Map, and I was pretty excited to explore this relatively new tool. However, a few missing features are making it hard to work with. First, there's no way to create a new, empty Map and specify its KeyType/ValueType -- the Map is initialized with the default types ('char'/'any'), and if I want to index values by 'double' or something, I can't. The annoying workaround is to initialize it with a dummy pair of the types...

[News] Windows Misses Basic Features That GNU/Linux Has
18 Features Windows Should Have (but Doesn't) ,----[ Quote ] | With the release of Windows Vista, Microsoft deployed a feature called Flip3D | that attempts to simplify window management in a slightly different way. | Flip3D lets users flip through three-dimensional renderings of whatever | windows are open on the desktop, but it doesn't offer nearly the same | instantaneous visibility that Expose does. | | [...] | | Linux users have long enjoyed the freedom to keep large numbers of | applications running simultaneously--without being overwhelmed by screen | clutter--thank...

Icons, Icons...
Not really a hardware query but hopefully just a quickie... My lovely old A3000 continues to give good service (turbo card working well though weirdly only on a replacement mobo as it wouldn't work with the original despite being the same revision) ....anyway, I dug out the (IMO) nice icon set I made years ago to replace the standard ones, including the icon-bar drive icons... ....now, my icons are a bit taller than standard which of course means that they sit too low in the icon-bar and so are somewhat obscured by the drive labels... ....I know there's an easy fix for this (did it i...

Missed feature...
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003A_01C3CD37.11FBB5F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I did not get to use theMetakernel, except in EMU48 (no 128k card). = But, I liked to see different soft menu formats based on the type of = content for the particular variable. =20 Is that in the works for the 49G+? Toby ------=_NextPart_000_003A_01C3CD37.11FBB5F0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W...

Missing Icons
My 2 year old grandaughter hit something on her mother's computed that made all of the icons disappear. My daughter says she can't seem to put the icons back on the desk top. Her wallpaper is still there. Unfortunately I forgot to ask what version of Windows she is using but I would guess 98. Does anyone have any idea what little Katie did and how to fix it? Thanks. ...

BASIC
I've been staring at a problem for the last 2 hours, and I must be missing something simple? The program calls a function, but when the function returns, it is to a completely different line. 100 a%=FNFD_ISSET(A%,B%) 110 REM should get here The program returns to somewhere around line 200. If I reorder the functions, it returns to a similar line number, in an entirely different function. The function doesn't modify anything, just returns true or false. It looks for all the world like a stack corruption problem, usually caused by x!y addressing the wrong place, but can this af...

I miss Classic
While its nice that something like Sheephaver exists, the truth is that its no replacement for Classic. I have apps that worked beautifully in Classic that do not run in SheepShaver, or do not run properly. And I have apps that never ran in Classic that work great in SheepShaver (some old games would be an example). Yes I agree that SL kicks Classics butt. However I miss Photoshop, Accordance and some of my other apps that will cost me a pretty penny to replace, or do not have a OSX replacement (Street Atlas USA for one) and my old games. I wish some mac developing compan...

Icon missing
I updated my PC with XP sp2 and with Office 2003. I am using client R5 After the update, I don't have any icon in the attached file (only empty box) Could you help me. Marc Please remove "nospam in my email ...

Missing feature?
Hi, I switch back and forth between being online and offline a lot, and when I'm offline, I don't want Eudora to bother me with "error" messages and complaints that it cannot find a server all the time. Therefore, I need to set it to work offline, and then back again. There are two ways to do this that I know of: - Open Preferences -> Hosts and check "Offline (No connections)" - Open the Task Progress window, select "Offline (Never check)" in the pop up-menu next to "Last check:...". Both of these inolve several mouse-steps...

Basic BASIC
Now that our series on Basic for Beginners - Basic BASIC by Ray Favre - is at an end, those who have not read the series may wish to purchase the back copies of Qercus that include the six parts of Basic BASIC. The series takes a complete beginner to programming and introduces sufficient to get you started and producing your own programs. Examples are listed within the article or in the Yellow Pages feature in the magazine and these can be typed in by the reader. These listings will also be available on the Qercus website. Purchasers of the series, who don't have access to the internet, ...

lang features
there are many features for which I have heard debate over, and I have allready made my choices for many of these, but am curious as to other's oppinions: a simplistic/custom syntax vs. a more common, but often horrid mess, syntax, eg: a simplistic syntax makes the implementation easier, and may allow for nifty features (code as data, or a common abstraction for everything); it may also have costs, among them: being more difficult to read for those unfammiliar with the language, making bolting of new syntactic constructs onto the language more difficult, or constraining the implementati...

Feature missing
In Mac OS 8 and before, I was able to grab a Windows handle and resize it. When I re-opened the window, it remembered where it had been on the desktop and also remembered the size it had been set to. With my new PowerBook G4, and Mac OS 10.3 Panther, I resize windows and close them and they don' remember their size. They do remember the place they were at in the file list. Is this feature missing or am I missing some small control setup somewhere. I have read a lot of internet and help files and O-Rielly books, and there certainly is not much to be said about how windows should behave or...

Miss some of the Palms features
I got a new BlackBerry and am loving it. Stand Alone PDA's are all but dead with the exception of the iPod Touch. But on the old Palm I miss some of the Palm's features and one of these is the Voice Memo app. My BB does not sync voice memos and requires one to drag and drop from the drive to the desktop, you cant easily catagorize voice memos, give them names and the like. I will miss the Palm Zire 72's voice memo app. John -- To drink or not to drink? http://www.cerm.info/bible_studies/Topical/alcoholic_beverages.htm John wrote: > I got a new BlackBerry an...

Web resources about - Missing Feature: Classic Icons - comp.lang.basic.realbasic