MS Access database Help!

I used MS Access as my backend database to store Japanese and Chinese
data.
while I use listbox to link MS Access, both Japanese and Chinese
turned out to be CRAZY characters. does anyone know how to solve this
problem?
0
ltshieh
8/16/2003 6:43:23 PM
comp.lang.basic.realbasic 2744 articles. 0 followers. spam127 (8) is leader. Post Follow

Help setting up Ms-Access Database
I'm hoping that someone here can give me some assistance with a database I'm trying to set up. My skills in Access are fairly basic, and I'm trying to skill up, but some of the stuff is a little opaque. I'm trying to put some data I've got on paper into Access. Recently, I got together with some other people marketing organic produce and offered to do some marketing for us on a coop basis in the city. The idea I had was to have four marketing packages for coop members with different rates and services. For want of something better lets call them P1, P2, P3 & P4 I&#...

Help connect Ms access database
Hello All, I am trying to connect an MS database without utilizing the help of the "querybuilder", I know how to do that using the "querybuilder" but this can't work as I am trying to do an exe file and be able to use it for other pc's that I have. I am doing the following, please correct me if I am wrong, but it is not working at all: dbpath=[matlabroot,'a\toolbox\database\dbdemos\trial.accdb']; conurl = ['jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb,*.accdb)};' ... 'DBQ=' dbpath] conn=database('Trial_now','','&#...

Need Help on MLM database in MS Access
I am working on a MS Access database to track the sales of a 3 Tier Multi- level Marketing system. I have created a table to track a new RepID and a SponsorID. I have created a query that will show the Sponsor and all of their reps but I am not sure how to show the reps that the second tier has sponsored. Example: RepID 0011 SponsorID 0010 RepID 0012 SponsorID 0010 RepID 0013 SponsorID 0010 The above is easy but I am not sure how to get: RepID 0014 SponsorID 0013 and his SponsorID 0010 Does anyone have any idea of a good way to do this? Thank you, Brent Brent, It concept, it is...

MS Access Help: Copying database Relationships
Does anyone know if there's an easy way to export or copy the relationship structure from one mdb to a new one? The relationships in the db are time consuming to reproduce. I am trying to make a copy of a database including all the relationships, forms, queries and modules while still within the original database. This has to be a relatively automated process (button click). Any suggestions? There is a link on the following page, which creates a form to unreplicate a database. Although that's not what you want to do, the code behind the form will show you how to copy the...

Connecting to MS-Access database through visual basic
Hi, I am trying to browse a recordset using bound controls using VB 6.0. I am using Windows XP operating system. to this end i created a form in vb and try to link it to MS-Access database. when i give the path of database(.mdb) file, to link to the database, it gives an error saying unrecognised database format. any thoughts on why this is happening? any help is greatly appreciated. thanx in advance. i think u dont have latest latest Access drivers installed, and trying to access a newer version of Access database than VB (odbc) supports. Khurram ...

MS Access Help: Copying database Relationships
Does anyone know if there's an easy way to export or copy the relationship structure from one mdb to a new one? The relationships in the db are time consuming to reproduce. I am trying to make a copy of a database including all the relationships, forms, queries and modules while still within the original database. This has to be a relatively automated process (button click). Any suggestions? yeah; use ACCESS DATA PROJECTS and you can do this all through TSQL. -aaron Instead of Exporting, make: Get External Data --> Import... All the existing relationships will be imported w...

help SAS/MS ACCESS, general database questions
Hi to all, I need some help deciding on the best database system for our specific application. OPTIONAL INFO: We currently have 2 separate projects that need to be updated from dos-based dBase. I'll only describe one of these but the other is comparable in size. The project currently has about 32 files. The 2 largest are about 30,000 records and 5 columns include data from the last 30 years. The other 30 files are created by year and are about 1000 records and 10 columns. There are only 2 or 3 people keying in data, never at the same time. We also have a sonic digitizer (measures...

help MS ACCESS\SAS, general database questions
Hi to all, I need some help deciding on the best database system for our specific application. OPTIONAL INFO: We currently have 2 separate projects that need to be updated from dos-based dBase. I'll only describe one of these but the other is comparable in size. The project currently has about 32 files. The 2 largest are about 30,000 records and 5 columns include data from the last 30 years. The other 30 files are created by year and are about 1000 records and 10 columns. There are only 2 or 3 people keying in data, never at the same time. We also have a sonic digitizer (measures...

HELP!Unable to run macros in ms access database FROM VB
Iam unable to run a macro from visual basic... The code does not work when the ms access database(any database ) is open... HELP! Dim strDbName As String Dim strlvsendkeys As String Dim Objaccess As Object strDbName = glopath If User_FAS <> "" Then strlvsendkeys = "+{TAB}{DELETE}" & User_FAS & "{TAB}" If Pwd_FAS <> "" Then strlvsendkeys = strlvsendkeys & Pwd_FAS End If strlvsendkeys = strlvsendkeys & "~" End If DoEvents SendKeys (strlvsendkeys) Set Objaccess = Get...

Re: help SAS/MS ACCESS, general database questions
Without having enough time to analyze excatly, what are your needs: if there are no important reasons why the data must be keept in MS Access: why you don't keep it all in SAS? If you are analyzing in SAS, there is no real reason to have any other DB to hold the data. For users you have many possibilities to give them comfortable possibilities to enter data, in or outside SAS. In SAS, the most easy idea is to use SAS/FSP. But that is not necessary. You can use nearly any tool for data entry and bring the (standard formatted) data into SAS. To get a consultant for realizing a proper solutio...

Is this possible? please help (MS access query of sql database)
I work for an organisation that uses a bespoke document imaging system, the database of which is an MS sql server. We have MS Access and already use it for some querying of the database. The database comprises a large number of distinct cases, which are differentiated by case reference numbers, in one field (table?) of the database. Each of these cases may have many documents associated with it, denoted by the reference number, and these documents may be "new", "pending" or "complete" shown in another data field. We need to know how many cases have work outstandin...

Need some help with Fleet Management database in MS Access 2007
Can someone please advice how I can start to build Fleet Management Database for my friend's Fleet business? I am using MS Access 2007. I have intermediate knowledge with MS Access. How many tables? attributes etc.... entity relation diagram? forms? reports? On 02.07.2013 08:21, vmal124@gmail.com wrote: > Can someone please advice how I can start to build Fleet Management > Database for my friend's Fleet business? Talk to your friend, understand the business, gather requirements, start designing at least the architecture, pick proper tools and start implemen...

Re: help SAS/MS ACCESS, general database questions #2
You're describing my project with the Department of Education! We had a dbase database and used a Clipper application to massage it into 'presentable' form. And I thought I was on the bleeding edge (back edge, that is) 8 years ago. As with everything, it depends on what your main purpose is. In my case, it was to disseminate the information to as many people as possible in a format that could be read by/into as many applications as possible. So, we converted our data to flat files and supplied an 'application' that generated sas code that would read the flat files into...

Web resources about - MS Access database Help! - comp.lang.basic.realbasic

Enterprises want to run databases in containers
More than three out of four IT decision makers are interested in running stateful applications like databases within containers, according to ...

Top US School District Switches to Rimini Street for Oracle Database and Oracle E-Business Suite Support ...
Douglas County School District using savings from Rimini Street independent support to develop district-wide data visualization capabilities ...

18 million targeted voter records exposed by database error
A second database containing voter records has been exposed due to a configuration error. While the first held records that some dismissed inconsequential ...

Former Ohio cop uses cop database to stalk victim
... stalked her like an average person would, but stalked her in the way that only a police officer could: he stalked her utilizing a police database ...