RB2006 - Still can't export text as a plain text file

In contrast to RS's usual sales campaign in which they only tell you about
supposed new features, is the fact that many features have been removed RB
with the introduction of RB2005, and continue to be removed. One of these
features is the ability ot export a project as a plain text file. Yep, all
you had to do was select "File: Export Source" to save a plain text file
which you could then pop into any generic plain text editor and print what
you want. Now they force you do do much more work by only allowing xml
export.

This demonstates that a feature which you buy RB now for may not be there
tomorrow, even long term features. But then why should RS care about you
at this point, and the fact that such an feature is important to you, as
they have already scammed you out of your money.

0
rsshoulddie
4/14/2006 5:14:29 AM
comp.lang.basic.realbasic 2744 articles. 0 followers. spam127 (8) is leader. Post Follow

Scintilla text editor can't find Ruby file (another really basic question)
I have installed Ruby and saved a file "calc.rb" per this lesson, which is saved to the same folder as Ruby. However, when I finish entering the code, and press "F5" to run it, I get a message saying that "The system cannot find the file specified." What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help. ...

lost text file, saved empty file w/same name, can't recover
Is there any feasible way for me to get back a text file that had a zero byte file written to the same dir with the same filename? What happened was, and I could kick myself, that the disk filled up cuz I didn't watch my d/l. My text editor says "another app altered the file, do you want to reload". Like an idiot, I say yes. Boom, file now 0 bytes, same name, all info gone because it couldn't write the file because the disk was full. The old file had to still be there because it was taking up space so the d/l couldn't have overwritten it. I've since tried...

Can't enter text in Firefox text fields!
Within a few minutes of using Firefox I'm unable to enter anything into the URL field (or any other text field). At start-up I can usually enter a URL without problem but shortly thereafter the menubar will become highlighted when I click it but I still can't enter text. This problem first started for me many versions of Firefox ago, on both Macs that I own. Prior to that I never had a problem. Originally, I deleted every Firefox file on the system, re-installed to no avail. Recently, I did a clean re-install of 10.3 (not archive and install), and the first application I installed w...

can't seaarch for text with Emacs when text is unicode
Hi, I work with texts in Russian. The file coding system is utf-8. I can read, view, edit and save files with no problem. But I'm unable to search for any text fragment which I type in with keyboard. The problem is that Emacs uses different encodings for the text read form a file and for the text entered from keyboard. For example, the code for Cyrillic uppercase N is 0x5143d when it is read from a file and 0xe3d when typed in. Is there a way to change either of encodings? Regards, Vladimir On 10060 day of my life Vladimir Tsichevski wrote: > Is there a way to change either of e...

I cannot export a project from realbasic as a plain text file.
Have tried all demo version of RB 2005 (build 1, 2, 3, 4) and 2006 (build 1) and I own RB 5.5.5 pro. I cannot export a project as a plain text file as per 5.5.5 I am not interested in wasting hours of my time dealing with parsing the existing export method or having to download or buy a 3rd party application to do so. I want the project saved as a plain text file in 2-3 seconds as per version 5.5.5. I did not continually upgrade Realbasic so I could use a VisualBasic clone on my Macintosh with its one window interface. Why has Real Software stabbed me in the back by getting rid of...

Can't Write Text File
I have PHP version 4.2.2 that ships with RH9. I want to have it write to a file like this: function WriteLog($sLogFile, $sMsg) { if (substr($sLogFile,1,1) != '/') { $sLogFile = realpath(dirname($_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME'])) . $sLogFile; } `echo "$sMsg" >> $sLogFile`; } On one workstation, I have this working great and it dumps a log file inside the web directory where this function exists, appending data to it. On another workstation, it doesn't write to the file. I checked security settings and these are the same. I then bounced the h...

Why can't I insert a scalar text string into a text widget
Why doesn't line 23 of the following script insert the string $list_files into the $text1 text widget? I guess I've created a blocking situation, or something's not bound that should be, but I can't figure it out. #!/usr/local/bin/perl -w use strict; use warnings; use Tk; require Tk::ROText; my $mw = MainWindow->new(); my $list_files = ""; my @all_files; &multi_widget; MainLoop; sub get_file { my $this_file = $mw->getOpenFile(-title => "Select file"); push(@all_files, $this_file); $list_files = "$list_files"...

can't load text file with header
Hello Matlab Community, I have thousands of text files that appear like: 2/14/2009 9:16:14 PM -90.332031E-3 -41.503906E-3 -57.373047E-3 -63.476562E-3 -109.863281E-3 -106.201172E-3 -61.035156E-3 % and this carries on for 20,000 points I use the command "load(text.txt)" and i get "error in line one" or something like that, I tested one file without the time stamp header "5/14/2009 9:16:14 PM" and it loads normally but I have to have the header there because i need to know when the event happened (so i can make frequency plots), any ideas? if i can't g...

Can't find the end of a text file
Hi there, I got a weird problem. I am trying to read a text file with a six lines header and then a number of lines that I tried to know with: count=0 mxnum=7000 temp=fltarr(7) data=fltarr(7,mxnum) while EOF(Unit) eq 0 do begin readf,Unit,temp data(*,count)=temp(*) count=count+1 endwhile In the middle of the loop, I got this error READF: End of file encountered. The problem is solved when I delete the last empty line of the file. And by the...

Can't "click through" Static Text even with 'HitTest' set to 'off'?
I've got a GUI with some static text labels that I created in an .m file using the uicontrol() function. I made sure upon creation to set 'HitTest' to 'off'. I can check the controls after the fact, and indeed they all have 'HitTest' set to 'off'. However, I have a ButtonDownFcn call for the entire figure (I'm trying to tell when the user clicks on a specific piece of static text, but the text controls are generated dynamicall). If the user clicks on the figure background, the function executes properly. However, when the static text controls ...

If you can't write Text2.Text = Text1.Text, then VB clone is no good
I have been looking at clones or alternatives of VB6 now and then. None seem to be anywhere near what I am looking for. Ideally, it would take VB 6 code and make whatever little changes it wants to it, but looks like there are no such VB clone compilers yet. FreeBasic seemed good, but the IDE does not seem ready. If you have to use Getxxxx and Setxxxx to read and write values in textboxes, the IDE needs some more development. You cannot double click on an object to edit its relevant code. Has anyone switched to a VB clone painlessly? What is the best alternative today? From Microsoft'...

Can't get text to be recognized as text when figure is oriented tall or portrait
Hey folks, If I have a figure and I type: figure(1); orient landscape; print -f1 -dpsc 'myfig.ps'; when I import it into Corel everything comes out fine and the text is text. If I take the same figure and do: figure(1); orient tall; %or orient portrait; print -f1 -dpsc 'myfig.ps'; Corel doesn't understand that the text is text, and just uses curves, which is a real pain. Anyone with any idea as to what's going on? Thanks! I found that this opens fine in illustrator, but I use Corel. There seems to be a difference in the encoding that Corel can't handle in...

Write to text file. Append to existing file. Create file if file doesn't exist.
Hi folks,   up to LabVIEW 7 there was a wonderful "Write to Text File" vi which allowed the option "Append to File". Now, in LabVIEW 8, this old vi is not longer supported anymore. Instead, I am suggested to use a new "Write to Text File" vi. This vi does not offer the option "Append to File" anymore. Rather it is proposed in the online help that one should use the "Set File Position" in order to append text to the file. This much less straightforward than the old solution. Furthermore, I miss an option which would create the ...

Can't write to a text file through CGI-Perl
Hi, I have perl program and it writes some data to a text file that is in cgi-bin/log. And this file does not exist. So the program creates it and then writes to it. When I run the perl program from shell it creates and writes to the text file fine. But when I run the same program from http as a cgi, it gives me an error saying that I do not have permission to create or write to this file. The cgi-bin has 0755 and log directory in cgi-bin also has 0755 permission settings. Is there anything else I should do. When I run from shell, I login as root. Thanks for your help in advance. Kisho...

text file can't be found inside a jar
Hi to everyone, i have put everything (class,wav and text files) inside a jar in order to deliver my applet. However the method that fills a textarea with the help file can't find it. Click the link below to run the applet: http://eos.uom.gr/~thanasis/IIE.htm Click the link below to download the jar file: http://eos.uom.gr/~thanasis/IIE.jar Below i provide the code for the method. ================================================================= public String create(Applet myApplet){ String message=new String(); String nextLine; URL url = null; URLConnectio...

Web resources about - RB2006 - Still can't export text as a plain text file - comp.lang.basic.realbasic