REALbasic 5.5 ?

Does anyone have any idea when 5.5 will be officially released?

Thanks.

sir t (Eric C.)
0
sir_twistalot
12/31/2003 11:48:42 PM
comp.lang.basic.realbasic 2744 articles. 0 followers. spam127 (8) is leader. Post Follow

sir twistalot <sir_twistalot@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Does anyone have any idea when 5.5 will be officially released?

No. But I remember seeing something like first quarter of 2004 in one
posting. So maybe February or March.

Mfg
Christian

--
Six thousand functions in one REALbasic plug-in. The MBS Plugin.
<http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/realbasic/plugins.html>

"sir twistalot" <sir_twistalot@yahoo.com> wrote in
> Does anyone have any idea when 5.5 will be officially released?

0
USCode
1/1/2004 2:14:19 AM
In a related note, can anyone explain in more detail (I don't know
much about it at all) about the "Mach O" feature in the newer RB 5.5
builds? I heard that it may enable OS X apps to use native controls
like buttons, etc...is this correct? What would be the other benefits,
and, are there any reasons *not* to use it?

Does anyone know if this will be a part of the 5.5 release for sure?
Thanks, and happy new year everyone!
0
searchbuffet
1/1/2004 10:19:39 AM
Jason Harrison <searchbuffet@yahoo.com> wrote:

> In a related note, can anyone explain in more detail (I don't know
> much about it at all) about the "Mach O" feature in the newer RB 5.5
> builds?

It's just another file format for the executeable.

> I heard that it may enable OS X apps to use native controls like buttons,
> etc...is this correct?

no. The controls are already native.

> What would be the other benefits, and, are there any reasons *not* to use
> it?

It's easier with Authorization.

Mfg
Christian

--
Six thousand functions in one REALbasic plug-in. The MBS Plugin.
<http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/realbasic/plugins.html>
0
support
1/1/2004 1:38:58 PM
searchbuffet@yahoo.com (Jason Harrison) wrote in message news:<409e19fd.0401010219.2a77de74@posting.google.com>...
> In a related note, can anyone explain in more detail (I don't know
> much about it at all) about the "Mach O" feature in the newer RB 5.5
> builds? I heard that it may enable OS X apps to use native controls
> like buttons, etc...is this correct? What would be the other benefits,
> and, are there any reasons *not* to use it?
>
> Does anyone know if this will be a part of the 5.5 release for sure?
> Thanks, and happy new year everyone!

REALbasic has created apps that use native controls since v1 back in
1998. Mach-o is simply the executable format that Apple is supporting
for the future. PEF, the old format from Mac OS 9, is supported but
will not be improved. That's why we are working on Mach-o support for
v5.5. Of course, until we ship, don't count on anything.

Geoff Perlman
President and CEO
REAL Software, Inc.
0
geoff
1/1/2004 2:55:48 PM
In article <409e19fd.0401010219.2a77de74@posting.google.com>,
 searchbuffet@yahoo.com (Jason Harrison) wrote:

> In a related note, can anyone explain in more detail (I don't know
> much about it at all) about the "Mach O" feature in the newer RB 5.5
> builds?

It allows you to say "this is a Mach-O app!" for people who care about
such things for religious reasons.

> I heard that it may enable OS X apps to use native controls
> like buttons, etc...is this correct?

No.  (But those are already native controls, BTW.)

> What would be the other benefits

Pretty much none for a GUI app.  It might allow you to make a console
(command-line) app for OS X, which would be handy in some cases.

> and, are there any reasons *not* to use it?

Yes: Mach-O apps can't run on anything but OS X.  And in particular,
they can't run on MacOS 8/9, unlike a normal RB Mac app.

> Does anyone know if this will be a part of the 5.5 release for sure?

No, nobody knows for sure.

Cheers,
- Joe

|    Joseph J. Strout         Check out the Mac Web Directory:     |
|    joe@strout.net           http://www.macwebdir.com             |
Joe
1/2/2004 3:19:13 PM
Christian and USCode,

Much appreciated! (Didn't see that on their site!)   ? :) ?

sir t (Eric C.)
0
sir_twistalot
1/2/2004 6:40:08 PM
Thanks :)
0
searchbuffet

RealBasic 5.5 Upgrade
Hi, I have RB 5 Pro and am just about to upgrade to 5.5 Pro but was wondering how far away v.6 is? I know its in closed beta but just don't wan't to have to pay out twice. Andy Andy Smith <spam@c3engine.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I have RB 5 Pro and am just about to upgrade to 5.5 Pro but was > wondering how far away v.6 is? There is not RB 6 beta, so it is months away from coming to the shops. Mfg Christian -- Nine thousand functions in one REALbasic plug-in. The MBS Plugin. <http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/realbasic/plugins.shtml&...

RealBasic 5.5 Upgrade #2
>> I guess most of us were under the impression that RB 6 was due out >> *much* sooner than that. Guess not ;) The impression comes from statements made at last March's REALWorld conference, at which it was expected to be done "by the end of the year" according to this MacCentral article: http://www.macworld.com/news/2004/03/24/swordfish/index.php/ However given the scope of the changes announced, I think it is more prudent to get it right than to get it early. As most software products grow, it typically takes longer and longer to make changes. Hist...

archived copies of realbasic 5.5
does anyone have an archive copy of realbasic 5.5. My hardrive crashed and i want to reinstall it. i still have my key save in an email, i just need older version, it's not available on realsoftware's website. <gentledeath@gmail.com> wrote: > does anyone have an archive copy of realbasic 5.5. My hardrive crashed > and i want to reinstall it. > i still have my key save in an email, i just need older version, it's > not available on realsoftware's website. It is on the ftp site: <ftp://ftp.realsoftware.com> Mfg Christian -- Around ...

5.5.5 Lang Reference Missing
I upgraded my 5.5.4 installation of RBPro to 5.5.5 and now when I hit cmd-1, nothing happens (from the IDE). The language reference is missing! In article <dan-7CBE11.12284306042005@comcast.dca.giganews.com>, Dan Nafe <dan@scuba-training.net> wrote: > I upgraded my 5.5.4 installation of RBPro to 5.5.5 and now when I hit > cmd-1, nothing happens (from the IDE). The language reference is missing! It's certainly there for me. Try selecting it from the Help menu instead of using the keyboard shortcut; does that make any difference? Maybe a fresh download? ...

Free Realbasic 5.5 for VisualBasic users
Realbasic has extrended it's offer for a free copy of RealBasic 5.5 to the 15th of April: > Since we started giving away REALbasic keys to Visual Basic users two weeks > ago, more than 10,000 new Windows developers like you have joined the > REALbasic community. Unlike Visual Basic, REALbasic is fully supported and > we will continue to improve it constantly based on feedback from you, our > new users. > > We are so excited by the positive response from the Visual Basic user > community that we have decided to extend our offer of free REALbasic > ...

Free Realbasic 5.5 for VisualBasic users
Realbasic has extrended it's offer for a free copy of RealBasic 5.5 to the 15th of April: > Since we started giving away REALbasic keys to Visual Basic users two weeks > ago, more than 10,000 new Windows developers like you have joined the > REALbasic community. Unlike Visual Basic, REALbasic is fully supported and > we will continue to improve it constantly based on feedback from you, our > new users. > > We are so excited by the positive response from the Visual Basic user > community that we have decided to extend our offer of free REALbasic > license keys...

[...]

REALbasic 5.5 free for VB users
Is now free for VisualBasic users see http://www.realsoftware.com/Realbasic/vb6/ On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:55:06 GMT, Markus <nospam@yahoo.com> wrote: >Is now free for VisualBasic users >see http://www.realsoftware.com/Realbasic/vb6/ I get a real basic error as follows: Parse error: parse error, unexpected ';' in _ /Library/WebServer/www/realbasic/vb6/index.php on line 170 And I am still waiting for my license key to be emailed to the email = address I entered on the download page. The advise you get after you submit your email address is that "if you = do not g...

OT: REALbasic 5.5. free for Windows
Sorry - I'm a sucker for freebies: Realbasic has extrended it's offer for a free copy of RealBasic 5.5 to the 15th of April: > Since we started giving away REALbasic keys to Visual Basic users two weeks > ago, more than 10,000 new Windows developers like you have joined the > REALbasic community. Unlike Visual Basic, REALbasic is fully supported and > we will continue to improve it constantly based on feedback from you, our > new users. > > We are so excited by the positive response from the Visual Basic user > community that we have decided to extend our o...

Free Realbasic 5.5 for VisualBasic users
Realbasic has extrended it's offer for a free copy of RealBasic 5.5 to the 15th of April: > Since we started giving away REALbasic keys to Visual Basic users two weeks > ago, more than 10,000 new Windows developers like you have joined the > REALbasic community. Unlike Visual Basic, REALbasic is fully supported and > we will continue to improve it constantly based on feedback from you, our > new users. > > We are so excited by the positive response from the Visual Basic user > community that we have decided to extend our offer of free REALbasic > ...

Web resources about - REALbasic 5.5 ? - comp.lang.basic.realbasic

App Store - Paperless Lite: Lists + Checklists
Get Paperless Lite: Lists + Checklists on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Flickr Services

Hotline Communications - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hotline Communications Limited (HCL) was a software company founded in 1997, based in Toronto , Canada, with employees also in the United States ...

OSX/Leverage.a Analysis - AlienVault
Tell Us Your Thoughts & Enter to Win an iPad Mini. Take Our Survey Now » Search Partners Support Login Products & Solutions Explore Unified Security ...

ATPM - Reviews Viewed by Product Name

BASIC: Making a case for an old favorite
... popular with many users, so they deserve to be highlighted. Basic4Android BlitzMax IWBasic Creative Basic Free Basic Pure Basic RealBasic ...

Most Popular Mac Downloads - CNET Download.com
Come to CNET Download.com for the most popular Mac software on the Web. All downloads are safe, trusted, and spyware-free. Includes MP3 and audio ...

旧专题 « 创意纪
关于 旧专题 search skip to content ↓ 创意纪 安静的生活 Home UX/UE UE实例 摄影 lightroom photoshop 摄影作品 模特 汽车与美女 新闻事件 体育 娱乐 社会 第三方支付 经济 琐事记录 中国汽车网 免费虚拟主机 创意纪 小说散文 ...

Math Software for Mac - Free downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com
The most downloaded Math Software software, including Year 7 Interactive Maths (2nd Ed) - Home Licence, Units Wizard, and ISA

Component X
Bosco's Screen Share 3 It has never been easier to show your friend exactly what is happening on your computer. You have a Mac, your friend ...