sockets code example

Hi,

Can someone please point me to a complex multithreaded sockets code
example in realbasic?

TIA

--
"Knowledge is not power. It's wisdom and truth. Power comes and goes,
while wisdom stays and grows."

zebra wrote:

> Can someone please point me to a complex multithreaded sockets code
> example in realbasic?

Define "complex". What *exactly* are you after?

Also, I'm not even sure if anyone else is here anymore. Everyone else seems to
have moved to the fora. Look here:
  http://forums.realsoftware.com/

--
Only the witches had a similar storehouse of experience
upon which to draw and they moved with fearful caution.
wrote:

> zebra wrote:
>
>> Can someone please point me to a complex multithreaded sockets code
>> example in realbasic?
>
> Define "complex". What *exactly* are you after?
>
> Also, I'm not even sure if anyone else is here anymore. Everyone else
> seems to
> have moved to the fora. Look here:
>   http://forums.realsoftware.com/

Hi

a) DNS forwarding with peer roundrobin.
b) Multithreaded for asynchronous arrivals.
c) Disassembly of the packets are required for this task in compliance to
rfc1035.
d) Multi-question section packets from clients must be "dissected" for
pooling amongst different DNS peers instead of pounding the same DNS peer.
e) And maybe who knows? DNS Sec?

.... I would go on but I'm so gratefull for your company here that I don't
want to annoy you :-)

Cofee?

PS: Thanks for the link but I was trying to avoy web forums.

--
"Knowledge is not power. It's wisdom and truth. Power comes and goes,
while wisdom stays and grows."
0
zebra
3/5/2011 4:54:31 AM
zebra wrote:

> On Sat, 05 Mar 2011 03:49:02 -0000, Auric__ <not.my.real@email.address>
> wrote:
>
>> zebra wrote:
>>
>>> Can someone please point me to a complex multithreaded sockets code
>>> example in realbasic?
>>
>> Define "complex". What *exactly* are you after?
>>
>> Also, I'm not even sure if anyone else is here anymore. Everyone else
>> seems to have moved to the fora. Look here:
>>   http://forums.realsoftware.com/
>
> Hi
>
> a) DNS forwarding with peer roundrobin.
> b) Multithreaded for asynchronous arrivals.
> c) Disassembly of the packets are required for this task in compliance to
> rfc1035.
> d) Multi-question section packets from clients must be "dissected" for
> pooling amongst different DNS peers instead of pounding the same DNS peer.
> e) And maybe who knows? DNS Sec?

Sheesh. I had to ask.

I don't know anything about any of those, sorry. Try running a Google search for
those things. You might get some C or C++ code, which shouldn't be *too* hard
to figure out.

(My knowledge is higher up the OSI model. Newsreaders, web browsers, email
clients, etc. Don't need to worry about things at the packet level there.)

> ... I would go on but I'm so gratefull for your company here that I don't
> want to annoy you :-)
>
> Cofee?

No thanks. Can't stand the taste.

> PS: Thanks for the link but I was trying to avoy web forums.

Understandable. I don't like them much myself.

--
Your suffering will free you.
0

eclipse: need example code, or any OO example code
I've downloaded and am now studying the Eclipse class libary. It looks very elegant and well done. But as I am somewhat new to OO, I'd like to see some example code. Documentation is thin, save that generated by PHPdocs. Can anyone show me some sample code? I'm mostly interested in how other people set up their software - what objects call what objects? What are other programmers doing in their web projects? Is it common for people to mix OO and procedural code in their web projects? Those who've gone the pure OO route, can I see the constructor for your main object? "ru...

Help translating C# socket code equivalent Ruby socket code
Possible to help in translating the following C# socket code to Ruby socket code please. What specific socket code lines needs to do following task. using System.Net.Sockets; Socket clientSock; clientSock = new Socket(AddressFamily.InterNetwork, SocketType.Stream, ProtocolType.Tcp); receivedBytesLen = clientSock.Receive(Recievbuf, bufoffset, packetsize, 0); int fileNameLen = BitConverter.ToChar(Recievbuf, 0); string fileName = "image1.text";//Encoding.ASCII.GetString(Recievbuf, 4, fileNameLen); // MessageBox.Show("Client:{0} connected & File {1} started received."...

epoll socket example code review
Hi experts, Can you give some advice on my epoll code? Is it correct or what? Thank you. $ pwd /home/ljh/tmp/myapp/server $ ls main.out Makefile server.c server.d server.o $ $ cat server.c // server.c // 1628872598@qq.com #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/socket.h> #include <netdb.h> #include <string.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <errno.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <time.h> #include <fcntl.h> #include <sys/epoll.h> #include <stdlib.h> #define PORTNO "12345" #define BACKLOG 5 #define MAXEVENTS 10 int ...

[ANN] Liberty BASIC and ODBC example code!
I know that people often ask for a way to use Liberty BASIC with SQL to access ODBC sources. A few days ago a member of the LB community posted a demo program that shows how to do exactly this. At this time the code has only been tested against MS SQL Server. The source code can be download here http://www.lbdownloads.com/files/viewtopic.php?t=81 Enjoy! -Carl Gundel, author of Liberty BASIC http://www.libertybasic.com ...

FTDI USB BitBang example code for Visual Basic
Hi, Does anyone have or know where to find FTDI USB BitBang example code for Visual Basic? I am using the direct drivers, but am having difficulty with a few of the calls. Thanks, Steve Steve, I presume that you really me "byte-banging"? I have some VB "byte-banging" code for the FTDI USB direct drivers, but not bitBanging. Option Explicit Public Declare Function FT_ListDevices Lib "FTD2XX.DLL" (ByRef lngIndex As Long, ByRef strBuffer As Variant, ByVal lngFlags As Long) As Long Public Declare Function FT_OpenEx Lib "FTD2XX.DLL" (ByVal lpszBuffe...

[ace-users] Re: ACE sockets code examples
Hi Tommy, Thanks very much for your email. Please make sure to send all questions related to TAO or ACE to the ACE mailing list or ACE+TAO newsgroup, rather than to me directly since I travel frequently and often don't have ready access to email. See http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE-mail.html for more info on how to access these resources. > Where can I find source code that has the best sockets example (ACE) > of two programs, client and server: > > Works on about a network of 40 computers > > Is fast > > Pro...

Wtd basic code with examples to design a simple NN?
I am (student) new at designing a NN from scratch and want to code my own NN in Basic. Could anyone tell me how I can code this simple NN? http://mia883.googlepages.com/home I wish to understand the coding without Back Propagation and then as I progress I'll add BP. In the example above I started coding in basic(just copied an example) but I do not really understand in details how to code all this. I can calculate manually every one of these values using the sigmoid function. 1) This NN has - 3 inputs - First layer with 3 neurons - second hidden layer with two neurons ...

Added a famous BASIC code example on my pages, need help from a TRS-80 owner
Hi! I've added a page with a (at least for me) famous BASIC code example at http://www.z80.eu/basic2.html . There is a 'Standard BASIC' and a 'TRS-80 BASIC' version. For me, the TRS-80 BASIC version looks really strange, and I am not sure there are some typos/mistakes in the listing. So if anybody has a TRS-80 or a working emulator for that computer, please tell me if I have something to correct or not. I included a sample run without any screenshots, just text, because some of you seems to be only using modem access to the internet (at least some french guys). Hopef...

some examples of basic, basic concepts in PHP for novices
Hi Folk When learning PHP, the hardest is always learning the basics. Once you understand the concept, you learn a lot quicker. For a friend, I put together some basic, basic examples. One or two of you may be interested to have a look at these: http://www.alacarte.co.nz/_learning-curve1.php, http://www.alacarte.co.nz/_learning-curve1.txt http://www.alacarte.co.nz/_learning-curve2.php http://www.alacarte.co.nz/_learning-curve2.txt http://www.alacarte.co.nz/_learning-curve3.php http://www.alacarte.co.nz/_learning-curve3.txt http://www.alacarte.co.nz/_learning-curve4.php http://www.al...

Code Quality and examples from Unix systems code
A quick note to inform my fellow Linux developers that my new book "Code Quality: The Open Source Perspective" (Addison-Wesley, 2006) has just been published. All 623 examples I use in the book are drawn from real-world open source code, most of it Unix-related. For more details you can visit the book's web site at <http://www.spinellis.gr/codequality?colda>. -- Diomidis Spinellis Associate Professor Department of Management Science and Technology (DMST) Athens University of Economics and Business (AUEB) http://www.dmst...

Code Quality and examples from the Perl source code
A quick note to inform my fellow Perl users and developers that my new book "Code Quality: The Open Source Perspective" (Addison-Wesley, 2006) has just been published. All 623 examples I use in the book are drawn from actual code, and Perl (particularly its testing framework) is one of the packages I used for drawing examples. Perl was also instrumental in automating the book's production process. For more details you can visit the book's web site at <http://www.spinellis.gr/codequality?clpm>. -- Diomidis Spinellis Associate Professor Dep...

Code quality and examples from open source C code
A quick note to inform my fellow C programmers that my new book "Code Quality: The Open Source Perspective" (Addison-Wesley, 2006) has just been published. All 623 examples I use in the book are drawn from real-world open source code; most use C, as the lowest common denominator. For more details you can visit the book's web site at <http://www.spinellis.gr/codequality?clc>. -- Diomidis Spinellis Associate Professor Department of Management Science and Technology (DMST) Athens University of Economics and Business (AUEB) http://www...

sockets example
Hi, Could anyone please point me to a multithreaded sockets code example? TIA -- "Knowledge is not power. It's wisdom and truth. Power comes and goes, while wisdom stays and grows." ...

Code Examples
Hi, does anyone know where to find code examples for performingmortgage calculations?Thanks,biggy BiggyTwo wrote:>Hi, does anyone know where to find code examples for performing>mortgage calculations?Google would be a good place to start. Try this search..<http://www.google.com/search?as_q=mortgage&as_filetype=java>OTOH, that is not going to get your homeworkdone, and it is probably (high) time you crackedthose books and started reading..-- Andrew Thompsonhttp://www.athompson.info/andrew/Message posted via JavaKB.comhttp://www.javakb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/java-general/200707/1...

Web resources about - sockets code example - comp.lang.basic.realbasic

AC power plugs and sockets - British and related types - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Plugs and sockets for portable appliances originated in Britain in the 1880s and were initially two pin designs. These were usually sold as a ...

usb charger to fit a car lighter socket - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Made a quick l7805 (think minty boost) charger for some gadgets. Runs from a car cigarette lighter plug, and outputs 5vdc to a female usb socket. ...

Mitch Robinson lied to Carlton about incident that left him with a broken eye socket
Mitch Robinson lied to Carlton officials when asked why he had suffered a broken eye socket during a scuffle in the early hours of Sunday morning. ...

Brisbane Broncos forward Alex Glenn facing six weeks on sideline with fractured eye socket
Wayne Bennett ranks Brisbane fullbacks as Justin Hodges injury leaves Broncos with fifth choice rookie

iDevices adds new Siri-controlled wall outlets, switches and light sockets to its HomeKit lineup
... HomeKit-compatible products with four new gadgets that make home automation even easier. The Apple accessory maker is showing off its new Socket, ...

ASRock Rack Announces EP2C612D24 and 4L: Dual Socket Haswell-EP with 24 DDR4 Slots
... 16GB UDIMMs, this allows for a maximum of 384GB, although moving up to RDIMM, LRDIMMs or 64GB NVDIMMs pushes the max to 1.5TB in a dual socket ...

Windows Server 2016 moving to per core, not per socket, licensing
... until the second half of next year, is going to shake up the way Microsoft licenses its server operating system, moving away from per socket ...

Cool Chart of the Week: Solar Socket Parity In California, Australia, Germany, Italy, & Netherlands
I forget now how I ran across this chart, but it’s a nice one. It shows that residential solar PV power hit socket parity (aka grid parity) in ...

Dell Aims Four-Socket Server at Modern Database Hardware Needs
Launches x86 PowerEdge servers in bid to carve out more high-end server market share Read More

Video: Socket To Me! Nitwit At ‘Hand To God’ Tries To Charge Phone On Set
... on a performance of Hand To God at Broadway ’s Booth Theatre a few days ago, this patron leapt onstage and tried to plug his phone into a socket ...