Tab order - not control order?

>From the dev guide and older threads the only way I can see to set the
tab order is by the control order. But what if I want some odd tab
order that's different from the control order? For example, if I use a
tabpanel, which the control order is very specific in RB or else all
the controls get screwed up. So I have all my controls working on the
tabpanel but I want my own tab order. Any way to do this? It seems like
there should be an option to make a custom order, regardless of the
control order.....or maybe I'm missing something.

0
searchbuffet
1/13/2005 12:19:13 AM
comp.lang.basic.realbasic 2744 articles. 0 followers. spam127 (8) is leader. Post Follow

In article <1105575553.895968.164450@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
 searchbuffet@yahoo.com wrote:

> >From the dev guide and older threads the only way I can see to set the
> tab order is by the control order. But what if I want some odd tab
> order that's different from the control order?

Then you have to handle it all manually, with KeyDown events and
SetFocus calls.

> For example, if I use a
> tabpanel, which the control order is very specific in RB or else all
> the controls get screwed up.

It's not all that specific; you just need the tab panel itself to come
first before all the controls that are on it.  That shouldn't cause any
problem with tabbing however you like.

Best,
- Joe

|    Joseph J. Strout         Check out the Mac Web Directory:     |
|    joe@strout.net           http://www.macwebdir.com             |
Joe

Tab order in Tab Control
Hey, I have a modeless dialog (as the main window) which contains a tab control. For each tab I have a child window. My problem lies in tabbing through the controls. As of now I can only tab through the controls in the main dialog. That is, the only control here is the tab control. What I want to achieve is to be able to tab through the controls on the current active tab's page. Any idea on how to do this? Thanks! Soren Dreijer wrote: > My problem lies in tabbing through the controls. As of now I can > only tab through the controls in the main dialog. Th...

tabbing order in tab controls
Hi How can I set the tabbing order of controls in a tab control on the front panel when having several other controls on the front panel. Right-click on the tab and select "Reorder controls In page" from the menu that pops up. This is not exactly what I meant. When I'm creating a local variable I can choose its destination (right-click - select item). Because there are so many I would like to reorder the tabbing order to choose the correct on the top. All this action are taken in the block diagramm. From the edit menu, select Set Tabbing order changing the tabbing order will ...

How can I set the tab order of text box controls on each page of a tab control?
I need to be able to select the tabbing order of individual controls on a single page of a tabbed control. How?? In LV 6.1 an up you should be ablel to right click on the edge of the tab control when the tab-page in question is selected. The bttom selcetion in the pop-up is "Reoder controls in page..." selecting this option will switch editing modes to allow you to specify the ored, just like in a cluster. I seem to remeber in older versions you had to drag the tabable controls off the tab control, specify the tabbing oder and then drag them back on. The oldest version I have on ...

tab order screwed up even after tab order selected
After I select row order on the page, the page still opens with the cursor positioned on a lower field that I added, a bracket I added that is read-only. Once I start tabbing thru the doc, it acts like it is normal again and tab does not stop on that bracket. A cursor still hangs on that bracket until I tab below it and then it disappears and all is normal. Any ideas? I want the cursor to start at the top, not this bracket. thanks ...

Tab order on multirow tab control
Is there a way to stop the default action of a multirow tab control whereby the row with focus moves to the front of the tabs? I find this behaviour annoying and confusing to the user and am at a loss as to why MS has designed their tab controls like this. Wayne wrote: > Is there a way to stop the default action of a multirow tab control > whereby the row with focus moves to the front of the tabs? I find > this behaviour annoying and confusing to the user and am at a loss as > to why MS has designed their tab controls like this. ALL multi-row tabs act this way. How else can y...

Re: tabbing order in tab controls
Is there a way to change the tabbing order without having the order on a list or local change also? I didn't take that into account when making the program, should have ordered all the control before wiring it all up :-/ Hi leachdor,When you change the tab order of a specific control in LabVIEW, it must then re-order the other controls in order to ensure that each tab order value is only applied to one control, and that there are only as many tab stops as there are controls.&nbsp; As such, there is no way to simply re-order a single control without modifying other controls. Hi and th...

Tab control order in OLE control
Recently I got the tip how to include a listview in the tab (control order) stops: SELF:oDCLV1:SetStyle(WS_TABSTOP,TRUE) This doesn't seem to work for a OCX (ole) control. Is there any way to get this working there too? Dick van Kooten ...

a2k
I have 3 groups of controls each in their own frame and all are sitting on a page in a tab control. I want the user to be able to tab between the controls in each frame; at the moment tabbing can move the cursor to another frame, which is a bit disconcerting when the user is filling out some address fields. I've played around with the tab index properties manually and even tried to set them using VBA. However if I do this I find some controls actually disappear! To correct this I have to use Auto Order. Apart from this the app is working nicely but little things like are a bit of a pai...

Re: a2k
Deano wrote: > I have 3 groups of controls each in their own frame and all are > sitting on a page in a tab control. > > I want the user to be able to tab between the controls in each frame; > at the moment tabbing can move the cursor to another frame, which is > a bit disconcerting when the user is filling out some address fields. > > I've played around with the tab index properties manually and even > tried to set them using VBA. > However if I do this I find some controls actually disappear! To > correct this I have to use Auto Order. > > Apart fr...

Own Control+Tab order
I use Control+Tab to walk between MDI Windows or Documents (for example Total Commander or Firefox sheets) . How manage this walk order like addition "LastTab" to Firefox where Control+Tab begins go to last visited page (or like Windows Alt+Tab where go to last Application) Is possible to manage it? Or it is in Forms.pas or it is standard Windows MDI management ? Borneq wrote: > I use Control+Tab to walk between MDI Windows or Documents (for example > Total Commander or Firefox sheets) . > > How manage this walk order like addition "LastTab&qu...

Tab Controls, Painting and control order from the 2.7a relase notes
Hi, Have any of you had the time to study the release notes yet (http://www.grafxsoft.com/whatsnew27a.htm) The last paragraph "Tab Controls, Painting and control order" is giving me a hard time. I simply do not understand it. What must I do to get rid of my paint problems, especially when dialog above tab windows is closed? This is a post a made a while ago, a concrete example of this problem: ================ Hi all, I'm having problems with some of the windows in my application. The framework consists of quite a few subwindows, because this gives me t...

how to order, then limit, then order?
Hello. I hope this question isn't too silly. I am working on a PHP/ mysql application that has a list of (scientific research) papers, a list of keywords, and a list that makes links between the two. What I'm trying to do is to show just the most popular keywords, and to show them in alphabetical order. My approach (illustrated at the end, with a query that workd) is to order by a count of use, and then to limit the results. But, as I imagine the clever folks who read this group will see quickly, the query leaves the keywords ordered by popularity. Q: is there a way that I can ge...

Controlling tab order with JavaScript
Hi, I'm trying to use a keyboard event function to change what element gets the focus after tab is pressed in a particular element. Simple HTML that demonstrates the problem is below. When tab is pressed in the second input box I want focus to move to the first. It does this in IE, but not Mozilla 1.7.10. I can make it work in Mozilla by changing the event from onkeydown to onkeypress, but then it doesn't work in IE. Is there any way to make this work generally without having to make the inline event type dependent on the browser type? Thanks. <html> <head> <titl...

Find the next control in the tab order
Hi All, >From an event handler attached to a control that has a tab index, is it possible to find the next control in the tab order - and then focus() on it? I am having a bit of trouble with running my own (onkeyup) code in response to a tab and then making sure that the tab-effect still occurs i.e. focus on the next control in the tab order isn't happening even though I return true from the function. Rob :) > possible to find the next control in the tab order - and then focus() > on it? The easiest way I can think of is: 1. Use the taborder attribute 2. Get the taborder fo...

Web resources about - Tab order - not control order? - comp.lang.basic.realbasic

Chaos grips Republican primary race as party loses control of process
Donald Trump's dispute with Fox News and unease about Ted Cruz expose party establishment's weaknesses.

WA fires: Lives, homes threatened by out-of-control bushfire near Wedge Island
Lives and homes in the Mid West coastal settlement of Grey remain potentially under threat from an out-of-control bushfire burning 60 kilometres ...

Google Docs mobile suite now has full comment control
As someone who uses Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides on a daily basis, it’s sometimes a little frustrating that the mobile versions of these services ...

Ground Control to Major Tom: Must We Grieve So Publicly?
David Bowie’s death a few weeks ago unsettled me—not the death itself, but the phenomenon that followed it. Initially, as my social media feeds ...

Hillary Clinton does damage control amid email scandal - Videos - CBS News
Hillary Clinton is doing some damage control in Iowa today after the State Department confirmed that the emails on her private server contained ...

Control your high health-care costs
Financial advisor Carolyn McClanahan offers five tips to help consumers with high deductibles control health expenses.

A look inside Verizon's Super Bowl control center
With banks of big-screens high along three walls and a huge TV on the fourth, it could be a great spot to watch The Super Bowl. But when the ...

FCC Chief Moves To Break Cable And Satellite Control Of Set Top Boxes
Will set top boxes become the next hot consumer electronics product? That’s FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler ’s goal in a rulemaking proceeding announced ...