"Can't find project or library" on VBA's CurDir function...

This confuses the hell out of me...

Is there a way to kick Excel in its behind to make it realize
that if it can find the rest of its VBA.xxx functions, it
should know where "CurDir" is too?

--
Dag.

0
me3469 (798)

Dag Sunde wrote:
> This confuses the hell out of me...
>
> Is there a way to kick Excel in its behind to make it realize
> that if it can find the rest of its VBA.xxx functions, it
> should know where "CurDir" is too?

Just tried it in Excel 97 and Excel 2003. It worked in both.

Anything else to go on?

0
mynamehere (1583)
1/24/2008 2:02:12 PM
"Dag Sunde" <me@dagsunde.com> wrote in message
> This confuses the hell out of me...
>
> Is there a way to kick Excel in its behind to make it realize
> that if it can find the rest of its VBA.xxx functions, it
> should know where "CurDir" is too?

That usually means you have a bad reference or a name collision.  Do you
have any modules or procedures or anything named 'CurDir'?

0
noway8194 (41)
1/24/2008 2:05:27 PM
Thanks Guys...

It was a "MISSING:..." reference due to
access-rights for some user-groups.

And VBA (clueless as it is) just highligt
the first keywor it finds, completely
unrelated to the real error...

--
Dag.

"Bob Butler" <noway@nospam.ever> wrote in message
> "Dag Sunde" <me@dagsunde.com> wrote in message
>> This confuses the hell out of me...
>>
>> Is there a way to kick Excel in its behind to make it realize
>> that if it can find the rest of its VBA.xxx functions, it
>> should know where "CurDir" is too?
>
> That usually means you have a bad reference or a name collision.  Do you
> have any modules or procedures or anything named 'CurDir'?

0
me3469 (798)

Why doesn't Python's "robotparser" like Wikipedia's "robots.txt" file?
For some reason, Python's parser for "robots.txt" files doesn't like Wikipedia's "robots.txt" file: >>> import robotparser >>> url = 'http://wikipedia.org/robots.txt' >>> chk = robotparser.RobotFileParser() >>> chk.set_url(url) >>> chk.read() >>> testurl = 'http://wikipedia.org' >>> chk.can_fetch('Mozilla', testurl) False >>> The Wikipedia robots.txt file passes robots.txt validation, and it doesn't disallow unknown browsers. But the Python pars...

"Can't find package xxx"
Probably the subject line indicates most of the issue. If I run a script containing a package require xxx tcl is complaining that it can't find the package, even though I've confirmed that it's definitely in a subdirectory in the tcl_pkgPath. No idea why this is happening, although it seems to me to be likely to be something very, very basic. This is running tcl 8.5 in Fedora 17. tcl_pkgPath variable is /usr/lib/tcl8.5 /usr/share/tcl8.5 /usr/lib/tk8.5 /usr/share/tk8.5. I don't know what other information you may need; please let me know and I'll attempt to provide it. On Sep 30, 10:29=A0pm, alex.rast.techni...@gmail.com wrote: > Probably the subject line indicates most of the issue. If I run a script = containing a > > package require xxx > > tcl is complaining that it can't find the package, even though I've confi= rmed that it's definitely in a subdirectory in the tcl_pkgPath. No idea why= this is happening, although it seems to me to be likely to be something ve= ry, very basic. > > This is running tcl 8.5 in Fedora 17. > > tcl_pkgPath variable is /usr/lib/tcl8.5 /usr/share/tcl8.5 /usr/lib/tk8.5 = /usr/share/tk8.5. > > I don't know what other information you may need; please let me know and = I'll attempt to provide it. please check the output of "package names". Remember, that package names are case sensitive. The package file "pkgIndex.tcl"...

"Can't find CD, insert additional driver floppy". But, it's booted from CD!
I'm trying to install Mandrake 10.1 into a system built around a Pentium 4 on an Asus P4C800-E motherboard. I have two SATA drives and intend to dual boot, one drive for Windows and one for Linux. I have Mandrake Linux 10 installed on one drive, and Windows XP Pro on the other. The installation CD will boot and ask me to select how I want to install. I select to run the install with the default graphical interface. The installer tells me "No CDROM device found" (I have to press OK). (I mutter "You just booted from it! How can you not find it!?!") "Please insert the additional drivers CD". "The what?" OK� what gives? (I am newbie to the max, if you havn't guessed.) Ok, welcome to this particular weirdness - it freaked me out too. Booting from a CD is like booting from a floppy - the BIOS finds the first few sectors of the CD and reads what's there. Once the kernel has loaded from the CD, it's a whole new ball game. Although the BIOS booted from the CD, and knows it's there, Linux doesn't. Yet. Sadly I don't know Mandrake at all (I use Debian, and have used RedHat and Slackware), but most distributions have an "expert mode" for the installer, which will allow you to tell it what hardware you have. If you can run the installer in this expert mode, and tell it you have an Intel ICH5R, it should then find all your attached CD-ROM and hard drives. I'm sorry if tha...

[OT] Nit: please don't user "it's" unless you can substitute "it is" without changing your inteded meaning.
Typos happen to all of us, but in case you hadn't realized what "it's" is a contraction for ("it is"), now you do, and you can save yourself further embarrassment (assuming you care ;-). If your friends won't tell you, who will ;-) Write the contraction "it's" only when you want its meaning to be "it is," otherwise it's wrong ;-) OTOH, how does one punctuate the posessive of a word per se? E.g., the first letter of "it" is "i", but can one write that as "it"'s first letter is "i," or it...

Suddenly Can't Use "ifstream"s and "ofstream"s
I had a working piece of code that successfully read from files with the "ifstream" type and wrote to files with the "ofstream" type. This code is made up of a number of different files. In the course of the job I needed for two of these files to have access to one piece of information, so I created a class that I called "CSuffix" and stored the common information there. So I created a "Suffix.h" file that looks like: #pragma once class CSuffix { public: static void initialize (); static void increment (); static c...

Environ("username") / Dev Ashish's "fOSUserName" function return '#Name?' on some clients
I am trying to retrieve the user name (network login) of clients running a local Access DB. We use Access 2000 / 2003 and Windows XP SP 2. I have used 2 different ways to access this information from within Access: OPTION 1: Use Environ("username") OPTION 2: Use Dev Ashish's code (http://www.mvps.org/access/api/ api0008.htm) Both options seem to behave exactly the same for me. But this is my problem: On some clients I correctly retrieve the network login name and on some other clients I retrieve '#Name?'. On ALL clients though, if you you open command prompt and execute 'echo %username%' you get the correct answer - even on the clients that I get the '#Name?' answer. I suspect I have some missing reference somewhere in the clients that can't display the username correctly but I don't know how to go about it. Any assistance is appreciated. ...

Can't "mk CONF=9pcdisk" --> gives error "rc: #d/0: token '=': syntax error"
I'm in /sys/src/9/pc and I type `mk CONF=9pcdisk` and rc gives me the error "rc: #d/0: token '=': syntax error". Why is this? Just doing mk works fine (I think). Thanks! Plan9 looks very cool... just finished reading through intro (all of it). you're using backquotes, why? that would be `{mk CONF=3D9pcdisk} in rc's syntax. now to compile that kernel the syntax is: % mk 'CONF=3Dpcdisk' now are you sure you want a pcdisk?=20 On Jul 19, 2012, at 6:07 AM, kalaracey@gmail.com wrote: > I'm in /sys/src/9/pc and I type >=20 > `mk CONF=3D9pcdisk` >=20 > and rc gives me the error "rc: #d/0: token '=3D': syntax error". >=20 > Why is this? Just doing mk works fine (I think). >=20 > Thanks! Plan9 looks very cool... just finished reading through intro = (all of it). >=20 --- Federico G. Benavento benavento@gmail.com --0015174757f6baa65404c52b40a6 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 9pcdisk is the output file, not the configuration file. Also you need to quote the = because it is special to rc (assignment). Try mk 'CONF=pcdisk' On 19 July 2012 10:07, <kalaracey@gmail.com> wrote: > > `mk CONF=9pcdisk` --0015174757f6baa65404c52b40a6 Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable 9pcdisk is the output file, not the configuration file. Also you need to qu= ote the =3D becaus...

There's "Unix", and then there's "UNIX(r)"
From TOW[1]: The Open Group, an industry standards consortium, now owns the UNIX trademark and allows its use for certified operating systems compliant with its standard, the Single UNIX Specification. Other operating systems that emulate Unix to some extent may be called Unix-like, although the Open Group disapproves of this term.[4] The term Unix is also often used informally to denote any operating system that closely resembles the trademarked system. The most common version of Unix (bearing certification) is Apple's OS X, while Linux is the most popular non-certified workalike. So, to summarize: "Unix" is a class of operating systems that is "UNIX-like", which includes Linux. "UNIX(r)" is a trademark of the Open group, who -- somewhat snootily -- have an issue with the term "UNIX-like". (They can take a flying fsck.) "Cult of Unix" spells "Unix" as "Unix", because otherwise, what would it have to do with Linux? This PSA brought to you by the letter "U" and the number "2". -v Unix minions, unite! On 2/9/14, 1:15 PM, in article ld8nlg$bu7$1@dont-email.me, "vallor" <vallor@cultnix.org> wrote: > From TOW[1]: > > The Open Group, an industry standards consortium, now owns the UNIX > trademark and allows its use for certified operating systems > compliant with its standard, the Single UN...

Forget "Why Can't Johnny Read?" ... Why Can't Eudora Read?
I have a script which writes a MIME-formatted email containing both text and HTML. It works perfectly with all email clients with the exception of the free version of Eudora. As many of you no doubt are aware, a multipart/alternative email is constructed with two or more parts: (1) text for mail clients unable to read HTML and (2) HTML. Eudora is one of the clients which cannot read HTML. So does it read the text version of the multipart/alternative email? Of course not. It tries to read the 2nd part which is the HTML and fails ... thus displaying a table as if it were text. Eudora liter...

Can't comment out shell's "pipe" character
Here's an oddity, using Script Debugger I can't compile shell code containing the pipe character when it's commented out: (* find $folder -type f -name '*.txt' | while IFS= read -r file do sed -n '1! G;h;$ p' "$file" > "$NEWDIR/$file" done *) however adding a linewise comment to the offending line allows the script to compile: (* -- find $folder -type f -name '*.txt' | while IFS= read -r file do sed -n '1! G;h;$ p' "$file" > "$NEWDIR/$file" done *) Is this normal? Doe...

"find"can't find?
I've found very funny situation with my matlab6.5. a=0:0.1:1 b=find(a==0.3) Then, ans is supposed to be 4, however, >>Empty matrix: 1-by-0 On Apr 4, 5:43 pm, "Seungyong " <jsyw...@gmaildot.com> wrote: > I've found very funny situation with my matlab6.5. > a=0:0.1:1 > b=find(a==0.3) > > Then, ans is supposed to be 4, however, > > >>Empty matrix: 1-by-0 This is a variation on a frequently asked question. The answer is simply that the decimal number 0.3 cannot be represented exactly in the double precision floating point arithmetic use...

"OpenGL: Can't find suitable visual"
I have a Linux machine that had a Matrox card in it but that was temporarily replaced by an nVidia. It's back to the Matrox now and the nVidia driver removed, but when a needed graphics program is run it throws: Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0". Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0". moe: WT fatal error: OpenGL: Can't find suitable visual I've replaced all the OpenGL packages but that didn't change the error.Anyone know what else the nVidia driver changes or if something else could cause this error? I'm st...

'Here's the thing about Apple's "recent"�success.'
'It isn't recent. The only thing that has changed are some numbers. Some big numbers: largest company in the world, second most profitable company in the world, most profitable retail stores in the world, best-selling smart phone, second best-selling smart phone, best-selling tablet computer, etc. Other numbers have not changed: customer satisfaction, customer loyalty, consumer ratings, etc.' <http://granthuhn.wordpress.com/2011/09/23/heres-the-thing-about-apples-r ecent-success/> -- "The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" -- "I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone "It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X) '[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' -- 'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM) 'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun) "Alan Baker" wrote in message news:alangbaker-70BC8E.10314523092011@news.shawcable.net... 'It isn't recent. The only thing that has changed are some numbers. Some big numbers: largest company in the wor...

Can I have a Subform's VBA "see" the value passed by a "LinkMasterFields" field?
Hi, I'm working on improving an independent subform so that I don't have to put any code on the main forms it's being used on. Jon and Salad just helped me figure out that I can trigger code on changes to the links based on the subform's "OnCurrent" event. However, I now have a new problem. When the value I'm linking with my master/child fields doesn't exist in my Subform's table, I need to use the value in the master field. I've tried googling yet again, and can't find an answer. Lots and lots of pages on setting which fields are linked. But, not on pulling out the values being passed in. me.linkmasterfields.value doesn't seem to work me.linkmasterfields.value(0) doesn't either. me.recordsource only gives me the name of the table. me.recordsourcequalifier gives an error. me.parent.[myfieldname] works. But, I'm not sure the field name is the same everywhere. Anyone know if it's possible to have the subform address exactly what value is being passed for a given "linkmasterfields" column? Thanks, Jon jonceramic wrote: > Hi, > > I'm working on improving an independent subform so that I don't have > to put any code on the main forms it's being used on. > > Jon and Salad just helped me figure out that I can trigger code on > changes to the links based on the subform's "OnCurrent" event. > > However, I now have a new problem. When the value ...

Why can't pass vector of "Derived" to function that takes vector of "Base"?
I have these classes (elided methods): class Base { public: Base(string name) {...} }; class Derived : public Base { public: Derived(String name) : Base( name ) {...} }; And neither of these work: /*** ATTEMPT ONE **/ void create(std::vector<Base>& arr) { ... } int main() { std::vector<Derived> arr; create( arr ); } /*** ATTEMPT TWO **/ void create(std::vector<Base*>& arr) { ... } int main() { std::vector<Derived*...

Visual C++'s :"clean solution" doesn't clean the solution?
Hello, I'm trying to build a large project, and I've found that when something doesn't compile properly, and I attempt to re-build it, Visual C++ Express doesn't make a new attempt. So then I try to clean the solution, but this has literally no effect because when I try to build after that, again no attempt to made to build. Can someone tell me to really to clean the solution, removing all intermediate files and output files? Thanks. On Fri, 30 May 2008 06:01:11 -0700, plenty900 wrote: > Hello, > > I'm trying to build a large project, and I've found that ...

Problems with two toc's
Hi I am trying to add two tables of contents to my document using the memoir class. I would like tio have a short and a long toc like in the memoir manual. I however get an error I can't write on file 'twoTocs.toc' where twoTocs.tex is my test document. It seems that the file is locked by som eother process. I have used the example by Marting J=F8rgensen: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.text.tex/browse_thread/thread/c0bcc931b= c12c962/bb474c2704f83e4e?lnk=3Dgst&q=3Dmemmanadd.pdf#bb474c2704f83e4e Taken from memmanadd.pdf I have seen elsewhere that other people using windows have the same problem that the .toc-file is locked by the first \tableofcontents command, so when the second command is called, the file is locked by pdflatex. I am running MikTex+TeXnicCenter on Windows Vista Any suggestions? best regards Kim granly wrote: > Hi > > I am trying to add two tables of contents to my document using the > memoir class. I would like tio have a short and a long toc like in the > memoir manual. > > I however get an error > > I can't write on file 'twoTocs.toc' > > where twoTocs.tex is my test document. It seems that the file is > locked by som eother process. > > I have used the example by Marting J�rgensen: > > http://groups.google.com/group/comp.text.tex/browse_thread/thread/c0bcc931bc12c962/bb474c2704f83e4e?lnk=gst&q=memmanadd.pdf#bb474c2704f83e4e > > Taken from memmanad...

Windows "routing" server separating two subnets
Gurus, I have a small lab with a bunch of servers setup on two different subnets, 192.168.1.1 is the gateway for one and 172.16.1.1 is the gateway for the other. Installed on my Router (Windows Server with three NICs - I know, please don't comment on this, it's is for learning purposes, not production), the third NIC is the gateway to the Internet. What works: The Router server can reach the Internet as well as the computers in the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet (the first subnet built). What's broken: The computers on the 172.16.1.0/16 subnet cannot get to the Inter...

Register article
Nice article on Microsoft being supplanted by Apple for second place in S&P's list of largest companies for market capitalisation. Says it all, very eloquently. http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/04/23/microsoft_third_quarter/ So shall we have a minute's silence for Microsoft? Nah: I prefer Muttley-style snickering: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZm47SrmuwM Ian. -- Ian Piper --� On 4/26/10 1:58 AM, Ian Piper wrote: > Nice article on Microsoft being supplanted by Apple for second place in > S&P's list of largest companies for market capitalis...

Check boxes that can't be checked? Yep
"The few glitches I�ve seen tend to involve dialog boxes: there is a check box but I just can�t get it to check. This might be an application problem or something else, but I attribute it to early versions of software running on 9.10. (Something to do with the latest Gnome?)" http://www.sutor.com/newsite/blog-open/?p=4617 "Linux is well-tested by many eyes" On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 10:59:01 -0500, DFS wrote: > "The few glitches I�ve seen tend to involve dialog boxes: there is a check > box but I just can�t get it to check. This might be an application problem > or something else, but I attribute it to early versions of software running > on 9.10. (Something to do with the latest Gnome?)" > > http://www.sutor.com/newsite/blog-open/?p=4617 > > > > > "Linux is well-tested by many eyes" It appears that half of these many eyeballs must be legally blind or are too afraid to report problems for fear of backlash from the Linux cult. John Fuhrer wrote: > On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 10:59:01 -0500, DFS wrote: > >> "The few glitches I�ve seen tend to involve dialog boxes: there is a check >> box but I just can�t get it to check. This might be an application problem >> or something else, but I attribute it to early versions of software running >> on 9.10. (Something to do with the latest Gnome?)" >> >> http://www.sutor.com/newsite/blog-open/?p=4617 >&...

Tk::Browser, "Can't locate object method 'Construct'"
Using perl 5.10, I'm trying to run the Tk::Browser.pm SYNOPSIS example. I get a "Can't locate object method "Construct" via package "Tk::Widget" " error. In more detail --- use strict; use warnings; use Tk::Browser; my $b = new Browser; __END__ gets --- Can't locate object method "Construct" via package "Tk::Widget" at C:/Perl/site/lib/Tk/Frame.pm line 13. Compilation failed in require at (eval 15) line 3. ...propagated at C:/Perl/lib/base.pm line 93. --- etc The "Construct" that can't be located for Tk::Widget is being used like this --- # Copyright (c) 1995-2003 Nick Ing-Simmons. All rights reserved. # This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or # modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. package Tk::Frame; require Tk::Widget; require Tk::Derived; use AutoLoader; use strict qw(vars); use Carp; use base qw(Tk::Derived Tk::Widget); Construct Tk::Widget 'Frame'; etc... ...

90's Game -- Spielberg's "Director's Chair"
This seems like a long shot (get it...long shot?) but is anybody reading this group familiar with a game called Steven Spielberg's Director's Chair from the mid-nineties? Actually, it's more of a movie- studio familiarizer than a game, per se, but it does have its strong points in terms of recreating a certain, Hollywood-y atmosphere. I'm curious because, when I run this program on a Windows 2000 box, I keep hitting an "Internal Error" during my first dip in The Lab. I can hear the first line of dialogue repeat about three times, then it shuts me down. Becau...

"Select" & "Order By" OK- ''WHERE'' Does'nt Work !
Before i post actual code, as i need a speedyish reply. Can i first ask if anyone knows off the top of their head, if there is a likely obvious cause to the following problem. For the moment i've reduced my form request to a simple text string entry, instead of my desired optional parameters. As i have been stuck with a single unfathomable glitch for over a year. Basically, if i enter queries such as ; "select * from table" "select * from table order by artist", it works perfectly. However if i introduce the 'where' option, as in "select * from table where artist like whatever". It comes back with "could not execute query". This happens even if i append "order by" to it. I'll post all the various codes if anyone can please help. On 31-Oct-2003, i.justice@onmail.co.uk (ian justice) wrote: > Before i post actual code, as i need a speedyish reply. > Can i first ask if anyone knows off the top of their head, if there is > a likely obvious cause to the following problem. > For the moment i've reduced my form request to a simple text string > entry, instead of my desired optional parameters. As i have been stuck > with a single unfathomable glitch for over a year. > Basically, if i enter queries such as ; > "select * from table" "select * from table order by artist", > it works perfectly. However if i introduce the 'where' option, as in > "select *...

Lisp's "some" and "every" functions
Dear Perl community, Recently I've been learning some Lisp on my own, and I've come across two Lisp functions that I wish Perl had: "some" and "every". They work somewhat like "grep" and "map" in that they operate on a list given a function, but they return only a boolean value. For example, in Lisp, to find out if at least one number in a list is an odd number, you could write: (some #'oddp '(1 2 3 4 5)) or even: (some (lambda (x) (= 1 (mod x 2))) '(1 2 3 4 5)) In Perl, you COULD write: if ( gre...

Web resources about - "Can't find project or library" on VBA's CurDir function... - comp.lang.basic.visual.misc