Access 97 or Access 2003

Hi everybody
    I want to use an Access database in a Visual Basic 6 program.

Question:
-Should I use Access 97 or Access 2003?

Thank's

0
sylmena1 (1)

On Wed, 11 May 2005 11:28:20 -0400, "Sylmena" <sylmena1@hotmail.com> wrote:

>    I want to use an Access database in a Visual Basic 6 program.
>
>Question:
>-Should I use Access 97 or Access 2003?

If you use MS Access '97, more people will be able to access your data.

Access '97 doesn't use Unicode - a space/speed advantage if you are not storing
Russian or a language other than English.

I can't think of even one feature right off-hand that would make me use MS
Access 2003.
_______________________
Michael B. Johnson
0
mjohnson (626)

No access to .dbf files in access 97 after installing access 2003
Hello, I need to maintain an access97 database that is linked to dbf's, but after having installed access 2003, when I try to link a .dbf file to an access97 database, I only have access and odbc when the dialog box to choose the external table comes up. I tried going to control panel and change my office 97 setup. When I go to the data access option, dbf is grayed out with a checkmark in it and it states that dbf access is already installed. Yet, I don't have access to that option when trying to link my dbf table to the access97 database. Any way to get that option back on? Than...

Access 97 to Access 2003
Am about to upgrade several machines running access 97 to new boxes with access 2003. Got a massive access front end DB with a SQL back end. Guess I will have to "upgrade" that '97 front. Anyone have any advice or things to watch out for? Any VBA hasles? Horror stories?? Hope it goes seamlessly... Got enough headaches. Hi Tom. This link contains our experience with upgrading Access. It does not address the SQL Server aspects, but does describe Setup, Conversion, and Usability issues: Converting from Access 97 to 2000, 2002 or 2003 at: http://members.iinet.net.au...

conversion access 97 to access 2003
which are the differences between Access 97 and Access 2003 ? See: Converting from Access 97 to 2000, 2002 or 2003 at: http://members.iinet.net.au/~allenbrowne/ser-48.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia. Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "helena" <petrouchka-63@caramail.com> wrote in message news:b6222801.0410270323.67b7bbb3@posting.google.com... > which are the differences between Access 97 and Access 2003 ? ...

Converting Access 2003 to Access 97
Hi, I wrote a VBA program to read and process data from an ODBC source and put it into an Access database. I want to make the program into an MDE file and run it on systems with Access 2003. So I have to work in Access 2003 to do this. The problem is that the database that is created by my program will have to be imported into an application that only handles Access 97 .mdb file formats. I am wondering if there is any way to do this. I only have to export the tables, but I need to preserve the table properties. I was thinking about doing some type of generic export from ACC2003 and then ...

Use Access 97 or Access 2003
I have an Access 97 runtime database in use with over 300 users scattered around the country. I'm planing on an upgrade to the front end in the next 2-3 months. I'd like to use Access 2003 and upgrade all users to Access runtime 2003 especially because of XML support which would be *very* useful in my app. However, many of my users are *not* on Win XP and I understand that my app in A2003 runtime won't run on less than Win XP. So, am I stuck with Access 97 while I wait for all users to upgrade to XP or later before I port Access 2003? - Mark "Mark G. King" <markgk...

How to copy form: Access 2003 to Access 97
Hi all, I have converted a database from Access 2003 to Access 97. Everything gets neatly imported into the new database except for one form which continues to show a fatal error when I try to open it in the new 97 database: "Microsoft Access has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost. For more information about this error, click here ___." This is a form that I am using as a sub-form on a parent form. The parent form is imported okay but no matter how m...

Developing in Access 2003 for Access 97 users
I know you can convert a database from Access 2003 to 97 easily but is there anything that I should avoid doing in Access 2003 that might make my database incompatible with Access 97? Many thanks, Dean... DeanL wrote: > I know you can convert a database from Access 2003 to 97 easily but is > there anything that I should avoid doing in Access 2003 that might make > my database incompatible with Access 97? Starting. Dean, if you have Access 97 as well as 2003, I would agree with Lyle that it would be better to use 97 to develop this database. I actually did a small one earlier t...

Differences between Access 97 and Access 2000/2003
Hi All, Our company is migrating from Windows NT to XP and in the process from Access 97 to Access 2003. Due to the phased rollout we are faced with a situation where some users are still on NT while others have been fully upgraded, but all users need to use the same Access databases. At first we tried just opening the Access 97 databases with XP but we were worried that some of the less computer-literate employees may click "yes" on the "Do you want to convert this database to the latest version" prompt. The solution we have come up with is to create an exact duplicate of...

Making ETL from Access 97 to Access 2003
Hi, I need to take data from 5 differents (but similar) database in MS Access 97 and merge them into one MS Access 2003 database. Is some packages exist to do this task? Thank On Apr 15, 5:27=A0pm, Steeve <steeve.h...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I need to take data from 5 differents (but similar) database in MS Access= 97 and merge them into one MS Access 2003 database. Not sure what this had to do with python. However=85 You could write out the five as csvs and then read in those csvs. This is assuming that access 2003 cannot read in access 97. [Seems a ...

Time to go from Access 97 to Access 2003
I have been to Allen Browne's site about upgrading and have addressed most of the issues listed there. However, is there a fix for all the reports losing their page setups? They all have 1 inch margins and are potrait. Last time (ages ago) I upgraded a website, I had to put in all this code to get the page setup to change. Is there a fix for this bug? It's very annoying. Thanks, Laura musicloverlch wrote: > I have been to Allen Browne's site about upgrading and have addressed > most of the issues listed there. > > However, is there a fix for all the reports losi...

Access 97 to Access 2003 conversion problem !
I have just been asked to port an Access 97 app from an old Pentium 3 to a new Pentium Core-2-Duo PC. On the new PC, Office 2003 is installed. On opening the database, Access provided me with an option to convert the database which I did. However, there are a couple of small issues. For one, there were a couple of conversion errors which it stored in a conversion errors table (saying it could not find the field "description"). Secondly, and this is my main problem ... When I click on a button in the old Acc97 app it used to work fine, however in Acc2003 it says "The command ...

Access 97 to Access 2003
My client has an Access 97 app which contains details (fields) some in English and some in Arabic. On opening the database with Access 2003 (which it offers to convert & I accept), the data in the tables in English is fine ... but the fields containing Arabic are filled with some garbage & spurious characters. I've encountered this with 2 different clients with the same problem ! Does anyone know what the problem is and how to provide a workaround ? And .. oh yes !! Both, the Access 97 & Access 2003 versions were Arabic enabled. Best Rgds, Prakash. If you create a blank ...

Create Access 97 MDE from Access 2003
Any way to create an Access 97 MDE (programmatically) from within an Access 2003 application. I can do it from within my Access 97 adn when I do it from within my Access 2003 app it create a 2003 mde. Any way to force 97 from the 2003? Ira No, you cannot create an Access 97 MDE with any later version. You can convert to / save as Access 97 format MDB, but MDEs are really version-specific. Larry Linson Microsoft Access MVP "Ira S" <ISaunders@QQonline.com> wrote in message news:1078rpen7ef4035@corp.supernews.com... > Any way to create an Access 97 MDE (programmatica...

VB6 ACCESS 97 -> ACCESS 2003
I have a VB6 program that uses standard ADO 2.5 connection to read and write to an Access 97 database on a Windows 98 machine. The same program is run by a number of other people who use Windows 98 or 2000 machines. They all connect to a their local copy of the DB with no problems. Occasionally, this database is opened in Access 97 (we all currently use 97) in order to make some manual tweaks here and there. But ,I am about to get a new XP machine with Access 2003. Q1. Will my VB6 program still work? Q2. Will I be able to open the DB in Access 2003 without upsetting my VB program? Q3. ...

Web resources about - Access 97 or Access 2003 - comp.lang.basic.visual.misc

Random-access memory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Random access memory ( RAM ) is a form of computer data storage . A random access device allows stored data to be accessed in any order in very ...

ACT government defends seeking access to Canberrans' metadata
The ACT government has defended its right to seek access to Canberrans' private phone and internet records without a warrant.

Many Australians struggling to access GPs: Productivity Commission report
Struggling to get into a doctor when you need one? New data shows you are not alone.

Thousands to get access to new HIV drug
Access to a drug lauded for halting the spread of HIV will be provided to more than 2500 people in a push to wipe out new infections.

16 million Americans have no wired broadband access, not even at 4Mbps
... even if the FCC revived that slower definition of broadband, the commission's annual reports would still find that many Americans lack access, ...

SimPrints founders recognized by Forbes for fingerprint solution for healthcare access
SimPrints co-founders Toby Norman, Tristram Norman and Daniel Storisteanu have been recognized in the 2016 Forbes 30 under 30 social entrepreneurs ...

Magnises, a private club for elite millennials, is now offering its members access to swanky nightclubs ...
... wants to help you build the perfect network. With the use of a personalized black card, the private club gives young professionals access to ...

Veterans Might Finally Get Access To Medical Marijuana
'This policy disincentivizes doctors and patients from being honest with each other'

Democratic congressional candidate on $150,000 donations to GOP: 'I sign my checks to buy access'
... asked. While he said he disagrees with the GOP candidates he sent money to β€œon everything social and economic,” β€œI sign my checks to buy access.” ...

PC pre-order deals for The Division that includes beta access
... actually have made the decision to buy the game (beta or not), we've found some pre-order deals on Tom Clancy's The Division with beta access ...