Adding text to a text box that shows on the bottom

Hello
If i add text to a textbox (like text1.text=text1.text & vbcrlf &
vbcrlf "newtekst") this text is added to the bottom of the text
(multiline is on). When the text has more lines than fit into the box
the text is added below 'outside the box.' and the vertical scrollbar
(ofcourse enabled) scrolls always to the top. So you can not see what
text is last added (unless you scroll of course manual to the bottom
but than also the programs pauzes and as soon as text is added you are
again in the top of the box).
Is there a way with the standard VB6 textbox to have the vertical
scrollbar 'pointing'  always to the 'bottom' of the box so you get
always the last added line of text in the box?
Bu
0
di (31)

"Bu" <di@di.di> schreef in bericht
> Hello
> If i add text to a textbox (like text1.text=text1.text & vbcrlf &
> vbcrlf "newtekst") this text is added to the bottom of the text
> (multiline is on). When the text has more lines than fit into the box
> the text is added below 'outside the box.' and the vertical scrollbar
> (ofcourse enabled) scrolls always to the top. So you can not see what
> text is last added (unless you scroll of course manual to the bottom
> but than also the programs pauzes and as soon as text is added you are
> again in the top of the box).
> Is there a way with the standard VB6 textbox to have the vertical
> scrollbar 'pointing'  always to the 'bottom' of the box so you get
> always the last added line of text in the box?

Text1.SelStart = Len(Text1.Text)
Text1.SetFocus
SendKeys (Chr(0))

On 25 Nov, 08:37, Bu <d...@di.di> wrote:

> If i add text to a textbox (like text1.text=
> text1.text & vbcrlf & vbcrlf & "newtekst")
> . . . the vertical scrollbar scrolls always
> to the top. So you can not see what text
> is last added

For a start I would avoid adding text in the way that you are doing
(Text1.Text = Text1.Text & "something") because you are adding text to
what might already be a very large text string (the original contents)
and then destroying the entire existing contents and replacing it with
the new possibly very large contents. This is very inefficient and it
will get progressively slower as the amount of text in the box
increases.

A better way it to set the pointer to the end of the existing text and
then use the SelText method to add the new text directly onto the end
of the existing contents. This will solve both problems for you:

Text1.SelStart = Len(Text1.Text)
Text1.SelText = vbCrLf & " newtekst"

Mike

0
gagamomo (627)
11/25/2007 9:28:31 AM
On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 01:28:31 -0800 (PST), Mike Williams
<gagamomo@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>On 25 Nov, 08:37, Bu <d...@di.di> wrote:
>
>> If i add text to a textbox (like text1.text=
>> text1.text & vbcrlf & vbcrlf & "newtekst")
>> . . . the vertical scrollbar scrolls always
>> to the top. So you can not see what text
>> is last added
>
>For a start I would avoid adding text in the way that you are doing
>(Text1.Text = Text1.Text & "something") because you are adding text to
>what might already be a very large text string (the original contents)
>and then destroying the entire existing contents and replacing it with
>the new possibly very large contents. This is very inefficient and it
>will get progressively slower as the amount of text in the box
>increases.
>
>A better way it to set the pointer to the end of the existing text and
>then use the SelText method to add the new text directly onto the end
>of the existing contents. This will solve both problems for you:
>
>Text1.SelStart = Len(Text1.Text)
>Text1.SelText = vbCrLf & " newtekst"
>
>Mike
Yes i noticed that the program slowed down if too much text was added.
So thanks a lot for your suggestion.
Bu
0
di (31)
11/25/2007 6:34:26 PM
On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 09:53:55 +0100, "bpsdg"
<bpsdgnewsBRAKE@tiscali.nl> wrote:

>"Bu" <di@di.di> schreef in bericht
>> Hello
>> If i add text to a textbox (like text1.text=text1.text & vbcrlf &
>> vbcrlf "newtekst") this text is added to the bottom of the text
>> (multiline is on). When the text has more lines than fit into the box
>> the text is added below 'outside the box.' and the vertical scrollbar
>> (ofcourse enabled) scrolls always to the top. So you can not see what
>> text is last added (unless you scroll of course manual to the bottom
>> but than also the programs pauzes and as soon as text is added you are
>> again in the top of the box).
>> Is there a way with the standard VB6 textbox to have the vertical
>> scrollbar 'pointing'  always to the 'bottom' of the box so you get
>> always the last added line of text in the box?
>
>Text1.SelStart = Len(Text1.Text)
>Text1.SetFocus
>SendKeys (Chr(0))

Thanks
Bu
0
di (31)
11/25/2007 6:34:52 PM
On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 09:37:16 +0100, Bu <di@di.di> wrote:

>Hello
>If i add text to a textbox (like text1.text=text1.text & vbcrlf &
>vbcrlf "newtekst") this text is added to the bottom of the text
>(multiline is on). When the text has more lines than fit into the box
>the text is added below 'outside the box.' and the vertical scrollbar
>(ofcourse enabled) scrolls always to the top. So you can not see what
>text is last added (unless you scroll of course manual to the bottom
>but than also the programs pauzes and as soon as text is added you are
>again in the top of the box).
>Is there a way with the standard VB6 textbox to have the vertical
>scrollbar 'pointing'  always to the 'bottom' of the box so you get
>always the last added line of text in the box?
>Bu
I always use a listbox for this sort of functionality using a function
like:

Private Sub AddToList(Message As String)
    List1.AddItem Message
    List1.Selected(List1.ListCount - 1) = True
    List1.Refresh
End Sub

Richard
Web pages: http://www.caravanningnow.co.uk/ for caravanning,
http://www.rcole.org/ for my personal web site and
http://www.homeindorset.co.uk because I love the email address.
--
The packet said, "Windows 95 or better required", so I installed Linux.
0
On 25 Nov, 21:29, Richard Cole <ispc...@hotmail.com.invalid> wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 09:37:16 +0100, Bu <d...@di.di> wrote:

> I always use a listbox for this sort of
> functionality using a function like:

So do I, except that I assumed the reason the OP was using a textBox
was that he wanted the user to be able to edit it, otherwise I don't
see why he would be using one. But if he doesn't then of course a
ListBox would be more suitable.

Mike

0
gagamomo (627)
11/25/2007 10:40:32 PM
>> I always use a listbox for this sort of
>> functionality using a function like:
>
> So do I, except that I assumed the reason the OP was using a textBox
> was that he wanted the user to be able to edit it, otherwise I don't
> see why he would be using one. But if he doesn't then of course a
> ListBox would be more suitable.

Well, a ListBox would be suitable only if the text being added is a short
and single-lined... it's kind of hard to add a paragraph to a ListBox or
read a very long single-line of text (unless you add a horizontal scroll bar
to the ListBox). Also, in a ListBox, the entire last entry, when Selected is
True for it, is highlighted... not exactly the same effect as putting the
caret at the end of the text in a TextBox.

Rick

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 17:51:25 -0500, "Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)"
<rickNOSPAMnews@NOSPAMcomcast.net> wrote:

>>> I always use a listbox for this sort of
>>> functionality using a function like:
>>
>> So do I, except that I assumed the reason the OP was using a textBox
>> was that he wanted the user to be able to edit it, otherwise I don't
>> see why he would be using one. But if he doesn't then of course a
>> ListBox would be more suitable.
>
>Well, a ListBox would be suitable only if the text being added is a short
>and single-lined... it's kind of hard to add a paragraph to a ListBox or
>read a very long single-line of text (unless you add a horizontal scroll bar
>to the ListBox). Also, in a ListBox, the entire last entry, when Selected is
>True for it, is highlighted... not exactly the same effect as putting the
>caret at the end of the text in a TextBox.
>
>Rick
Thanks for all the suggestions.
BTW the text that i add to the textbox is undefined (sometimes a short
text, sometimes long text). Also the number of additions is undefined
(a.o. depending on how long the program runs etc) so a listbox is not
the best/neatest approach.
Bu
0
di (31)

Adding Combo Box Text To A Text Box
I have a combo box and a text box on a form. When I choose a value from the combo box, I want it to be added to the textbox. I'm able to do this by using the following code when I click the combo box: Me!Textbox = Me!TextBox & Me!ComboBox I now need the additional combo box items to be added on a new line in the text box each time I click the combo box. I've tried using Sendkeys "^{Enter} but I'm not achieving the desired result. I know this is probably very simple, but I'm just not seeing it. Any help is appreciated. This will do it: Private Sub ComboBox_AfterUpdate() If IsNull(Me.Textbox) Then Me.Textbox = ComboBox Else Me.Textbox = Me.Textbox & vbNewLine & ComboBox End If End Sub Wayne wrote: >I have a combo box and a text box on a form. When I choose a value >from the combo box, I want it to be added to the textbox. I'm able to >do this by using the following code when I click the combo box: > >Me!Textbox = Me!TextBox & Me!ComboBox > >I now need the additional combo box items to be added on a new line in >the text box each time I click the combo box. I've tried using >Sendkeys "^{Enter} but I'm not achieving the desired result. > >I know this is probably very simple, but I'm just not seeing it. Any >help is appreciated. -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000 Message posted via AccessMonster.com http:/...

Show Text box on Top of another Text Box
Hi, I have a text box with conditional formating so if certain conditions are m= et it display either Green or Red. I want to put another text box on top of= it (this text box is smaller than the "conditional formating" text box) an= d have the the text in this text box displayed. Basically I want the condit= ional text box to form a colour border around the displayed text. How do I do that? Thanks, Barry On Apr 1, 11:18=A0am, Barry Edmund Wright <barry.edmund.wri...@witstoronto.ca> wrote: > Hi, > > I have a text box with conditional formating so if certain conditions are= met it display either Green or Red. I want to put another text box on top = of it (this text box is smaller than the "conditional formating" text box) = and have the the text in this text box displayed. Basically I want the cond= itional text box to form a colour border around the displayed text. > > How do I do that? > > Thanks, > Barry Why not overlay the textbox and set Visible =3D False. Then when true change to Visible =3D True. Barry Edmund Wright <barry.edmund.wright@witstoronto.ca> wrote in news:21224033.2400.1333297115162.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@vbbdy 9: > Hi, > > I have a text box with conditional formating so if certain > conditions are met it display either Green or Red. I want to put > another text box on top of it (this text box is smaller than the > "conditional formating" text box) and hav...

mouse rollover text shows popup text box
Looking for a cut and past script. Mouse rollover text shows a text box. Any help will be so appreciated. Email to informedone@gmail.com Thanks, Scott Wilson Crestview, Florida. Informedone wrote: > Looking for a cut and past script. Mouse rollover text shows a text > box. Any help will be so appreciated. <URL: http://www.google.com.au/search?q=javascript+tooltip&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official > > Email to informedone@gmail.com No. -- Rob ...

text box dependent on other text box entry
I want to have a form with 40 PartNumber text boxes, 40 PartDescription text boxes, and 40 PartPrice text boxes. The name of each would vary of course, but I want to be able to enter the part number in the PartNumber in the PartNumber text box for each replaced part. After the number has been entered the PartDescription and the PartPrice should show up in the other respective text boxes. I will be linking to a table that includes 3 columns labeled PartNumber, PartDescription, and PartPrice. For instance, if I enter "12345" in the PartNumber text box then the description of the part along with its price should appear in each of their respective text boxes. If PartNumber 12345 is a Washer that costs 0.75 then The PartDescription, and PartPrice should read Washer in PartDescription text box and $0.75 in the PartPrice text box. In other words I need some code or method that upon entering a PartNumber in the PartNumber field finds the record referred to and then returns the value other columns in the table. There should be no error if a field is left blank. This database will be used to enter warranty claims, so that the user will be able to enter parts and automatically know how much they will be reimbursed for the part. Thanks for your help, Shannan Casteel -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/databases-ms-access/200507/1 hmm... 40 partnumber textboxes? Are you sure you don't want something like a d...

text-text

text + text

Highlighy text in Text Box
Using an InputBox, there is the option to *suggest* text (Default). It appears highlighted and can be accepted or replaced by the user. I am attempting to create my own input form which has one Text Box, one command button (cmdAccept ) and a simple label to tell the user to make an entry. What I cannot do is to mimic that suggested default input string. Can someone show me how to do it? The following code is from a test program with two forms. '#### this is on FrmMain Private Sub Option1_Click() ' Other Event selected - 14 character maximum With FrmBGOther .Label1.Caption = "Enter Event name - 14 character maximum" .Text1.MaxLength = 14 .Text1.Text = "Airport" End With FrmBGOther.Show End Sub '#### this is on FrmBGOther Private Sub CmdAccept_Click() FrmMain.Label3 = StrConv(Text1.Text, vbProperCase) Text1.Text = "" FrmBGOther.Hide End Sub This what you're looking for? Text1.SelStart = 0 Text1.SelLength = Len(Text1.Text) Text1.SetFocus "Jim Y" <j.s.yablonsky@NOSPAM.att.net> wrote in message news:ZQjCe.4550$5N3.2631@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > Using an InputBox, there is the option to *suggest* text (Default). It appears highlighted and can > be accepted or replaced by the user. I am attempting to create my own input form which has one Text > Box, one command button (cmdAccept ) and a simple label to t...

Selecting text in a text box
When I attempt to select text in a text box, the text from the cursor position to the end of the text is instantly selected as soon as I click the mouse down. There seems to be no way to select just a small portion of the text in a text box. This seems pretty basic. What am I missing? I'm using Access 97 on an XP system. Steve Richfield First, (I don't remember if this is an option in 97) check Tools|Options|Keyboard tab, Behavior Entering Field. This setting will adjust the behavior for all forms and controls. Next, you would need to click at the start of the area you want to highlight and drag over the rest of the area you want to highlight while holding down the left mouse button until you reach the end of the desired text. If you will always want to highlight the same section of text, then in the control's Got Focus event you can select text using code. Check the SelStart and SelLength properties in the VBA help file. -- Wayne Morgan MS Access MVP "Steve Richfield" <google@smart-life.net> wrote in message news:785c9c16.0411052022.261ec5e2@posting.google.com... > When I attempt to select text in a text box, the text from the cursor > position to the end of the text is instantly selected as soon as I > click the mouse down. There seems to be no way to select just a small > portion of the text in a text box. > > This seems pretty basic. What am I missing? I'm using Access 97 on an > XP system. > > Ste...

populate text box when user enters data in another text box
hi, I'm very new to Access and have been searching newsgroups for a few days but can't find exactly what I need. I want to be able to do the following: * user enters patient's hospital number * after pressing enter, a function fires that looks up the patient name & surname corresponding to the hospital number just entered (in the "patients" table) * if the hospital number exists in the patients table then name & surname are filled in in two read-only text boxes * if the hospital number does not exist in the patients table then user is prompted to enter details for new patient. Apologies if this is old hat -- if anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be most grateful. cheers Adriaan ...

format bold text in a text box
I have a text box with this: =" Your name is: " $ [Name] $ " and last name is " $ [Lname] I want ONLY the [Name] and [Lname} to format bold and the other text not. Could I do this? You would needt use an RTF control for this. Hav a look at http://www.lebans.com/richtext.htm -- Terry Kreft "yiannis" <postnews@freemail.gr> wrote in message news:eeatc8$oql$1@volcano1.grnet.gr... > I have a text box with this: > =" Your name is: " $ [Name] $ " and last name is " $ [Lname] > > I want ONLY the [Name] and [Lname} to format bold and the other text not. > > Could I do this? > > ...

Box of text with width of another text
Hi, how can I make a box that contains one string, but has the width of another? For example, is there a command like \widthoffirstboxbox{$T$}{$T_a$} which creates a box which contains $T_a$ but has the width of $T$? Best regars, Paul Paul Kaletta <paulkaletta@googlemail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > how can I make a box that contains one string, but has the width of > another? > > For example, is there a command like > > \widthoffirstboxbox{$T$}{$T_a$} > > which creates a box which contains $T_a$ but has the width of $T$? \usepackage{calc} \makebox[\widthof{$T$}]{$T_a$} Ciao Enrico Paul Kaletta <paulkaletta@googlemail.com> writes: > Hi, > > how can I make a box that contains one string, but has the width of > another? > > For example, is there a command like > > \widthoffirstboxbox{$T$}{$T_a$} > > which creates a box which contains $T_a$ but has the width of $T$? \llap{$T_a$}\phantom{$T$} -- Change “LookInSig” to “tcalveu” to answer by mail. Paul Kaletta <paulkaletta@googlemail.com> writes: > Hi, > > how can I make a box that contains one string, but has the width of > another? > > For example, is there a command like > > \widthoffirstboxbox{$T$}{$T_a$} > > which creates a box which contains $T_a$ but has the width of $T$? \rlap{$T_a$}\hphantom{$T$} -- Change “LookInSig” to “tcalveu” to answer by mail. ...

How to get text in text box to wrap?
The variable {job-name} in this code snippet does NOT wrap, resulting in the text running off the page. How would I get job-name to word wrap? pageWidth 36 mul % x = pageWidth * 1/2 * 72 pageHeight 36 mul % y = pageHeight * 1/2 * 72 pageHeight 2 mul add % y += 1 line 2 copy % Copy X & Y moveto (Title: ) RIGHT moveto ({job-name}) show This postscript file is from the CUPS printing application on a Linux system. Here is the complete file: FILE: /usr/share/cups/banners/standard %!PS-Adobe-3.0 %%BoundingBox: 0 0 612 792 %%Pages: 1 %%LanguageLevel: 1 %%DocumentData: Clean7Bit %%DocumentSuppliedResources: procset bannerprint/1.0 %%DocumentNeededResources: font Helvetica Helvetica-Bold Times-Roman %%Creator: Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products %%CreationDate: May 10, 2000 %%Title: Test Page %%EndComments %%BeginProlog %%BeginResource procset bannerprint 1.1 0 % % PostScript banner page for the Common UNIX Printing System ("CUPS"). % % Copyright 1993-2005 Easy Software Products % % These coded instructions, statements, and computer programs are the % property of Easy Software Products and are protected by Federal % copyright law. Distribution and use rights are outlined in the file % "LICENSE.txt" which should have been included with this file. If this % file is missing or damaged please contact Easy Software Products % at: % % Attn: CUPS Licensing Information % Easy Software Products % 44141 Airport View Drive...

Different text styles in the same text box
I am developing a bibliographic database. I am creating a report with bibliographic references like this: - Joyce, Ulysses, London, Penguin Press, 2002. The last string has been obtained by an expression like this: [author] & [text] & [city] & [publisher] & [date] Now there's a problem. I'd like to get different styles for the different fields (ex: italics for the author, underlined for the book title, etc). Is it possible? Thanks in advance Davide If I'm not mistaken there is a rich-text control that comes with VB that would allow you to do this, but I don't think anything in Access will allow it. Mike Storr www.veraccess.com "Davide" <madhorse@tin.it> wrote in message news:16bd25b3.0402090650.54e4ee34@posting.google.com... > I am developing a bibliographic database. > I am creating a report with bibliographic references like this: > - Joyce, Ulysses, London, Penguin Press, 2002. > The last string has been obtained by an expression like this: > [author] & [text] & [city] & [publisher] & [date] > Now there's a problem. I'd like to get different styles for the > different fields (ex: italics for the author, underlined for the book > title, etc). > Is it possible? > Thanks in advance > Davide ...

Sorting Delimited Text in a Text Box
Access 2003. The situation is this: I have a "criteria selection form" in which there are a many different criteria, mostly displayed as combo and text boxes in which a user can enter stuff, click an associated button and that criteria becomes part of the where clause of a select statement. The selected criteria is stored on a hidden form and when the user is ready to run their report(s), a button action goes through the hidden form and builds a select statement. For example, say buildings has a partial combo box list which shows: PK (hidden) Bldg Name 1 Arts Building 2 Biology Building 6 Chemistry Building 8 Student Building A user want to look at records from Chemistry and Arts, so the hidden form "SQL WHERE STAEMENT" field would store values like this when Arts was selected: BLDG_PK = 1 Then, altered to look like this when Chemistry is selected: BLDG_PK IN (1, 6) And so on as more buildings may or may not be selected. That's all well and good. However, along with the "SQL WHERE STAEMENT" field, there's also a "CRITERIA DESCRIPTION" field. This adds the Building Names so that the user sees a criteria view somewhere that is also reproduced as a report header which lists the buildings selected. I'm using a line break, vbcrlf, as a delimiter here. So if the user selected in the same order as in the example, the "CRITERIA DESCRIPTION" field will look...

Remove extraneous text in a text box
I get text in a text box that looks like this: Hello On computer COMPNAME the following happened: New File: C:\Folder1\Folder2\LockBox\Usr\ClientName\FileName.xls 7/25/2011 1:25:10 PM How do I remove everything except the folder path and file name? It's too much for me. C:\Folder1\Folder2\LockBox\Usr\ClientName\ = Foldername FileName.xls = Filename Bjarne "musicloverlch" skrev i meddelelsen news:3b273dd8-e1c7-43e9-84dc-2b9aee46ded6@e40g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... I get text in a text box that looks like this: Hello On computer COMPNAME the following happened: New File: C:\Folder1\Folder2\LockBox\Usr\ClientName\FileName.xls 7/25/2011 1:25:10 PM How do I remove everything except the folder path and file name? It's too much for me. The text must come from some VBA coding... Checkout VBA module for the form where the text box belongs, and search for the text... Correct the VBA code to what u need...(Folder and FileName) Bjarne "bsn" skrev i meddelelsen news:4e2dfb3d$0$56791$edfadb0f@dtext02.news.tele.dk... C:\Folder1\Folder2\LockBox\Usr\ClientName\ = Foldername FileName.xls = Filename Bjarne "musicloverlch" skrev i meddelelsen news:3b273dd8-e1c7-43e9-84dc-2b9aee46ded6@e40g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... I get text in a text box that looks like this: Hello On computer COMPNAME the following happened: New File: C:\Folder1\Folder2\LockBox\Usr\ClientName\FileName.xls 7/25/2011 1:25:10 PM How do I remove everything excep...

Displaying text in a text box depending on selection made in list box on same form
Hi I have an unbound text box on a form from which the user can choose a product. When the user chooses a product, I want the text box on the same form to display the description of that product. right now I can get it to display the row number of the product that corresponds to what the user clicked but not the value of the Product Description which is what I want. The fields in the tables are both text. here is the code: Private Sub LstContactProducts_AfterUpdate() txtProductDescription.SetFocus txtProductDescription.Text = LstContactProducts.Column(2,txtProductDescription) End Sub Thanks in advance Colin Colin, why don't you create the combobox, with from a table or query with all the information you need and use cboComboboxname.column(0), cboComboboxname.colum(1) etc etc...to populate the fields you want? HTH Michael "Colin Ward" <cward002@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:2a660c80.0308010710.26b3257@posting.google.com... > Hi I have an unbound text box on a form from which the user can choose > a product. When the user chooses a product, I want the text box on the > same form to display the description of that product. right now I can > get it to display the row number of the product that corresponds to > what the user clicked but not the value of the Product Description > which is what I want. The fields in the tables are both text. > > here is the code: > > Private Sub LstContactProducts_AfterUpdate() > txtP...

Deselecting text in input text box
I have a text input box and I don't want the text to be selected either when the user tabs to the item or if the user clicks on it. Now the function below which I found from 2002 in the archive works fine for IE 6 but it works in neither Netscape 7 nor Firefox 1.0. I'm hoping some of you might have an alternative suggestion or insight for Netscape and Firefox. Code that works in IE6: function clearSelection () { if (document.selection) document.selection.empty(); else if (window.getSelection) window.getSelection().removeAllRanges(); } <input type="text" name=...

Highlight text and Text Box Control
C5.0b PE legacy Hello! I have one invoice application with the text area for variable customer announcement. It is now filled and printed using the standard Arial characters. Is there any easy and cheap method to highlight these messages? (Compare "Word text") TIA Riku Maki ...

Adding text boxes
Im trying to add txtBox1 + txtBox2 + txtBox3 + txtBox4 + txtBox5 + txtBox6 + txtBox7 + txtBox8 + txtBox9 + txtBox10 = txtBoxTotal Now im to write some code so everytime i enter a number into a text box it will give me a running total in txtBoxTotal. What i'm having problems with is when the rest are null i get errors and the total doesnt come up in the bottom. Please let me know if anyone can help. Thanks On 18 May 2006 12:01:50 -0700, thusnani@gmail.com wrote: > Im trying to add > txtBox1 + txtBox2 + txtBox3 + txtBox4 + txtBox5 + txtBox6 + txtBox7 + > txtBox8 + txtBox9 + txtBox10 = txtBoxTotal > Now im to write some code so everytime i enter a number into a text box > it will give me a running total in txtBoxTotal. What i'm having > problems with is when the rest are null i get errors and the total > doesnt come up in the bottom. > Please let me know if anyone can help. > Thanks look up the Nz function in VBA help. txtBoxTotal = Nz([Text1]) + Nz([Text2]) + Nz([Text3]) + etc. The value in txtBoxTotal should NOT be stored in any table. -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail ...

I have a Text control string box with some initial text. I...
I have a Text control string box with some initial text. I would like to highlight old text with click of mouse and type in new data from keyboard I have a text control string box with some initial text (says: Please enter Name). I would like the operator to click on the text control box and have it automatically highlight so that when new data is typed in the old erases (all at once) and the new data is now in the text box. I tried using the "Text.Selection" property node and when I run it and put the mouse inside the text box the initial text is highlighted and if I press "de...

passing text fom text box to sql
Hi I hope someone can help me simplified scenario The situation: microsoft access 2000 TABLE is a list of surnames SQL query is SELECT surname FROM table WHERE surname =("SomeSurname") FORM has a buttons and a text box I want to be able to type "SomeSurname" into Text Box and then click button to run SQL query with SomeSurname and open results in a datasheet sheet View I try as i may I can not do thisI have tried DoCmd OpenQuery DoCmd.RunSQL ect any help appreciated Boris, AIR CODE ALERT I assume tboxSurname and btnSearch exist on some form. The form also has a subform called sbfrmSurname set to datasheetview. btnSearch_click() DIM strSQL as string if isnull(tboxSurname) then 'complain about nothing to search for else strSQL = "SELECT surname FROM table WHERE surname =""" & tboxSurname & """" sbfrmSurname.form.RecordSource = strSQL sbfmSurname.form.requery endif end sub Hope this helps Iago "news" <boris.x@jtaema.plus.com> wrote in message news:zR1Na.45338$9C6.2213712@wards.force9.net... > Hi I hope someone can help me > simplified scenario > The situation: microsoft access 2000 > TABLE is a list of surnames > SQL query is SELECT surname FROM table WHERE surname =("SomeSurname") > FORM has a buttons and a text box > I want to be able to type "SomeSurname" into Text Box > and then click button to run SQL query...

Add new text box after entered text
Hello, I have an application that I'm building but I'm getting stuck on a few things. 1. I have a slider to select how many "sections" to have, this will then build a table of text boxes for a title in one column, and in the other column there will be 2 text boxes for an "option name" and "value". (I got this part) 2. When someone finishes entering the title, and one option/value then clicks off of the last box I want to create a new one for that option. If they don't enter a value for both I don't want it to show another group of text boxes. Ques...

How do I 'SELECT All' text in a text box
I want to select all text in a multi line text box from a command butten. Thank for help Dave Try this... Private Sub Command1_Click() With Text1 .SelStart = 0 .SelLength = Len(.Text) .SetFocus End With End Sub Rick - MVP "Dave" <last2try@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:fo0b90h0j9imbvntdea3uu2mefth5teufr@4ax.com... > I want to select all text in a multi line text box from a command > butten. > > Thank for help > Dave ...

Web resources about - Adding text to a text box that shows on the bottom - comp.lang.basic.visual.misc

File:Old adding machine.JPG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License , Version 1.2 or ...

Ultraviolet Continues To Press Case For Adding Women To Facebook’s Board
Women’s group Ultraviolet continued to press its case for Facebook to add women to its board of directors , releasing a new video stating its ...

Adding Tor support on Android
Since then, a sizeable community of people has grown to use this feature and help us make it more efficient and reliable. We commonly receive ...

Adding Social Context to your content
Using the Facebook Social Context API. The Social Context API lets you discover social connections about objects, people and places.

WordPress Challenges the Facebook Comments Box by Adding Facebook, Twitter Logins to its Comments Widget ...
WordPress just announced that it has added WordPress.com, Twitter and Facebook login options to its own comments widget. Users can also be logged ...

CSS3 : What is the best method for adding 2x images to webpages that will be displayed on the new iPad ...
Answer (1 of 14): WebKit deals in logical pixels and a device pixel ratio to render stuff. It knows nothing about the physical pixels of the ...

Math Dots(Dinosaur):: Connect To The Dot Puzzle / Kids Flashcard Drills for Adding & Subtracting on the ...
Get Math Dots(Dinosaur):: Connect To The Dot Puzzle / Kids Flashcard Drills for Adding & Subtracting on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, ...

Adding weight - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Army Spc. David Helton, Company A, 2nd Battalion, 87th Infantry Regiment, puts more weight on the barbell at Combat Outpost Apache in Wardak ...

Senator Obama calls Bush "unpatriotic" for adding trillions to debt www.RightFace.us - YouTube
http://www.RightFace.us In a purely ironic twist then Senator Obama calls President Bush "unpatriotic" for adding trillions to debt. bush added ...

Deezer Music hits the Apple Watch a few months after adding CarPlay support
A few months after Deezer Music added CarPlay support , the streaming music service has now launched an Apple Watch app. The app squeezes in ...