Common Dialog Cancel Error

I really have 2 items.
The commondialog box cancelerror statement.
My app was\in written on a Vista computer.

I have a On error statement in the beginning of the command button
code.
When I set the CommonDialog.cancelerror to TRUE, when selecting the
cancel button it acts like to doesn't even see the error routine, and
immediately gives me the Runtime Error 32775 Cancel Was Pressed and
then exits the program. When i do the same on my Windows 10 computer
it works just like it should. Anyone know what Im doing wrong.

The second item (which if fixed will take care of the first item) is
that my app uses FarPoint controls Input pro and tab pro from a
million years ago. I can not install these controls on my windows 10
computer. Farpoint is out of business, i believe that
ComponetOne\GrapeCity bought them out but I get the deer in the
headlight look from them.
Anyhow everytime I try to  install them on my windows 10 computer I
get a "This Program Can Not Run On This Machine" message.
I tried the different compatability modes - nothing.
I know the controls work fine on windows 10 cause the app has been
installed on these machines and runs just fine.  It seems to just be
the installer for the tools that's not working.
Any Idea's

Thanks in Advance

0
HarryC

I figured out the cancel error problem (stupid mistake) but i could
still use  some  help on the farpoint installers.

On Wed, 14 Dec 2016 10:13:35 -0500, HarryC <h.caulkett@comcast.net>
wrote:

>I really have 2 items.
>The commondialog box cancelerror statement.
>My app was\in written on a Vista computer.
>
>I have a On error statement in the beginning of the command button
>code.
>When I set the CommonDialog.cancelerror to TRUE, when selecting the
>cancel button it acts like to doesn't even see the error routine, and
>immediately gives me the Runtime Error 32775 Cancel Was Pressed and
>then exits the program. When i do the same on my Windows 10 computer
>it works just like it should. Anyone know what Im doing wrong.
>
>The second item (which if fixed will take care of the first item) is
>that my app uses FarPoint controls Input pro and tab pro from a
>million years ago. I can not install these controls on my windows 10
>computer. Farpoint is out of business, i believe that
>ComponetOne\GrapeCity bought them out but I get the deer in the
>headlight look from them.
>Anyhow everytime I try to  install them on my windows 10 computer I
>get a "This Program Can Not Run On This Machine" message.
>I tried the different compatability modes - nothing.
>I know the controls work fine on windows 10 cause the app has been
>installed on these machines and runs just fine.  It seems to just be
>the installer for the tools that's not working.
>Any Idea's
>
>Thanks in Advance
0
HarryC
12/16/2016 1:26:19 AM
> The second item (which if fixed will take care of the first item) is
> that my app uses FarPoint controls Input pro and tab pro from a
> million years ago. I can not install these controls on my windows 10
> computer. Farpoint is out of business, i believe that
> ComponetOne\GrapeCity bought them out but I get the deer in the
> headlight look from them.
> Anyhow everytime I try to  install them on my windows 10 computer I
> get a "This Program Can Not Run On This Machine" message.
> I tried the different compatability modes - nothing.
> I know the controls work fine on windows 10 cause the app has been
> installed on these machines and runs just fine.  It seems to just be
> the installer for the tools that's not working.
> Any Idea's

I have the Farpoint Developer Suite which includes those controls along
with their Spread.ocxx and others. My apps install/run on my Win10
machine just fine! I haven't put VB on this machine yet so I can't
speak to this right now, but I'll be following this thread for sure.

Any reason you can't just copy the files and manually register them?
(That's what i did to migrate from XP machine to Win7 Pro machine;
-worked just fine!!)

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
  comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
  microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion
0
GS
12/16/2016 11:35:20 PM
Bad news...

I just installed ListPro and using its setup.exe ran without error; -I
was able to use it as expected in a VBA project and so expect it will
work with VB when I install it.

I'll admit to not using either of the ListPro/TabPro controls because
spread.ocx pretty much does what they do anyway; -less overhead when
distributing since most of my apps are duplicate stand-alone Windows
versions of my Excel-based apps!

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
  comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
  microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion
0
GS
12/16/2016 11:54:25 PM
> Any reason you can't just copy the files and manually register them?
> (That's what i did to migrate from XP machine to Win7 Pro machine;
> -worked just fine!!)

Ah.., not exactly! I wanted to test drive TabPro and without the
ProductCode/SerialNo it only ran on the Win7 machine as a 'trial'
(which long ago expired)<g>

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
  comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
  microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion
0
GS
12/17/2016 12:28:34 AM
I believe that I still  have the product codes\serial numbers.

I always thought that there was some kind of magic in the installer
program.

I'll try the copy and register them myself.
Which files did you copy - just the .ocx's ?
Will the program compile out correctly ?

If this works I'll be one happy camper.

On Fri, 16 Dec 2016 19:28:34 -0500, GS <gs@v.invalid> wrote:

>> Any reason you can't just copy the files and manually register them?
>> (That's what i did to migrate from XP machine to Win7 Pro machine;
>> -worked just fine!!)
>
>Ah.., not exactly! I wanted to test drive TabPro and without the
>ProductCode/SerialNo it only ran on the Win7 machine as a 'trial'
>(which long ago expired)<g>
0
HarryC
12/17/2016 1:12:50 AM
> I believe that I still  have the product codes\serial numbers.
>
> I always thought that there was some kind of magic in the installer
> program.

I think same since the OCXs need to know they're licensed for
distribution. Though, I have no idea how 3rd party component licensing
works!

> I'll try the copy and register them myself.
> Which files did you copy - just the .ocx's ?
> Will the program compile out correctly ?

I didn't try to compile but as a 'trial' ocx it very likely won't run
when distributed. (Seems I recall that happening!)

> If this works I'll be one happy camper.

As I found out earlier, the copied ocx ran as a 'trial' and since that
expired it no longer lloads.