Compile Problem

Has anyone else gotten the message "License Information For This
Component Not Found. You do not have an appropriate license to use
this functionality in the desgin enviroment"
Something happened while creating a deployment package and a 3rd party
control needed to be uninstalled and re-installed.
I get no errors in the development program runs fine.
I can't find out which component the above message is talking about.
Thanks

Harry
0
HarryC

https://support.microsoft.com/EN-US/kb/194751

David

"HarryC"  wrote in message

Has anyone else gotten the message "License Information For This
Component Not Found. You do not have an appropriate license to use
this functionality in the desgin enviroment"
Something happened while creating a deployment package and a 3rd party
control needed to be uninstalled and re-installed.
I get no errors in the development program runs fine.
I can't find out which component the above message is talking about.
Thanks

Harry

0
David
3/17/2016 8:38:35 AM
Thanks David

It turned out to be a 3rd party control that some how got
un-registered when I was creating an install package.
I just had to go step by step to find out which one.

Harry

On Thu, 17 Mar 2016 03:38:35 -0500, "David Youngblood" <dwy@flash.net>
wrote:

>https://support.microsoft.com/EN-US/kb/194751
>
>David
>
>"HarryC"  wrote in message
>
>Has anyone else gotten the message "License Information For This
>Component Not Found. You do not have an appropriate license to use
>this functionality in the desgin enviroment"
>Something happened while creating a deployment package and a 3rd party
>control needed to be uninstalled and re-installed.
>I get no errors in the development program runs fine.
>I can't find out which component the above message is talking about.
>Thanks
>
>Harry
0
HarryC

Quick-Basic running in a Visual Basic compilation?
Hi everybody, I have a program, developed in Quick Basic under DOS, which are quite complicated and I wish to translate into Visual Basic, since Basic is more familiar for me than other languages. The question is how to write Quick Basic code in a Visual Basic program. It handles I/O commands and direct access to memory addresses for a A/D card. I have to say that this program works fine in a DOS window under Win98, but it's not the case for W2000/XP. Any comment will be highly appreciated. / Bish "Bishop" <Donottry@never.de> wrote in message news:c14po4$1efl2s$1@ID-14...

Problem with Visual Basic
have small one worries to open a file m-lines since visual BASIC 6.0. I use the instuction shell with the following synthaxe: Shell "C:\Program files\Matlab\Matlab.exe E:\Work\Simulation\Project.m" in program VB6.0, but the file does not open, and I am made to write this so that this works better: Shell "C:\Program files\Matlab\Matlab.exe" Shell "C:\Program files\Matlab\meditor.exe E:\Work\Simulation\Project.m" But when I use these instructions Matlab open and plan opens with the editeur of text, it is therefore impossible to me to execute project with the Ma...

visual basic problem
I have code that exports data to excel and formats it. I originally put it into the on click method; however, it has not gotten too large. I want to split it out into different modules; however, I am not sure how to start formatting an open excel file. What I have done is export the data, open the file and then do some initial formatting. The next "function"? would be to do more formatting on the open excel file. Is there a way to do this? It seems like I need to re-declare the excel file somehow. Thanks for any help you can give. Apgoodb, Oh my, yes. If you create an instanc...

problem with dll in visual basic
Hello, I'm using a dll created with comtool in a Visual Basic application and when i try to run it I get the following error from VB: ---------------------- -2147024769 (8007007f) Automation error ------------------- I've searched over the net, and found that the you get this error if the dll is not properly registered in the system. I've tried to manually register the dll with regsvr32 command and get the following message: Loadlibrary("c:\temp\sqq.dll") failed - The specified procedure could not be found. where sqq.dll is the dll I get from comtool. By the way, I...

I have do while loop problem in Visual Basic
Hi I am having a problem with Do while loop with my logic. Here is my scenario, I have a text file reads below John Doe, 1234, programmer, 312-333-3333, xxxxx, xxxxx, xxxx Mary, Ann, 3456, secretary, 312-234-4567,xxxxx, xxxxx, xxxx my program compile the first three column into an account ID and then put account ID search in the Active directory, if account ID is found, then I want to update that account ID's attributes such as telephone number, etc... if no account ID is found, exit and keeping looking for the next account ID. I get problem in the last part, so far, once in the looping, m...

Visual Basic 6 Problem
Does anyone know how to create an ActiveX EXE Server that raises events which can be captured by muliple clients? So, I have two applications that are both clients. I need to pass data via the activex exe from one application to the other. The messages will be "captured" as in the event handler, the code will check one of the paramaters that contains a simple string that represents the recipients "address" (these strings could be just "App1" and "App2". I've tried to do this but it only raises the event in the application that is sending the message. I need the event to be raised in both applications. I have the ActiveX EXE properties set to "MultiUse" and using a Thread Pool of 1. Any help or advice would be very welcome as this is really causing me some problems. Many thanks, Darren -- Darren Brook email: darrenbrook@btconnect.com Because of the troubles with "built-in" events, I switched to using java-style events: The server defines an interface that standardizes the sending and/or receiving of the messages. The clients then have objects that implement that interface, which are handed to the server. The server now communicates through those objects. Best regards Darren Brook wrote: > Does anyone know how to create an ActiveX EXE Server that raises events > which can be captured by muliple clients? > > So, I have two applications that are both clients. I need to pass data...

Visual Objects compared to Visual Basic and Visual C.
Who can explain me why I have to use VO instead of VB or VC? OR is is there no difference? With kind regards Rob van der Ploeg Rob, Every language has his (dis)advantages. The ones you mention are all wrappers around the Win32 API. VO is a very nice and easy language compared to VC. Data-access is famous with VO, but also memorymanagement, the cargage collector, ragged array's. and the result is fast and reliable code. You do not have to declare every variable if you do not want to. (but you will) Comparing to VB is VO a real OOP langangue where VB is not. You can write your own classes, inherit classes from VO classes or from your own classes, Overide methods, use both strong and loose typed variables, write early and late bound code VO comes with a SDK containing the sourcecode of the part of VO written in VO (almost everything except f.i. the compiler) With VO you get this newsgroup, where almost every question is answered within hours. VO has a prof. usergroup in the netherlands, check www.sdgn.nl. with very often very well organised conferences. I think it is the best organised usergroup in the world. VO is limitted to the Win32 api. A .NET version is announced, but withoot a releasedate yet. More inforrmation about VO can be found at www.cavo.com regards, Erik "Mobi-Data Helpdesk" <info@direcom.nl> schreef in bericht news:1070360435.358105@tbird.introweb.nl... > Who can explain me why I have to use...

Setup.exe Visual Basic problem
Hello All i have created a app for AIM and WIN combined but the program will not run right unless u have a certain .ocx does anyone know how to make a setup file to where it will install the program and add that certain componet -- Frank R. Jr. Frank R. Jr. wrote: > Hello All i have created a app for AIM and WIN combined but the program will > not run right unless u have a certain .ocx does anyone know how to make a > setup file to where it will install the program and add that certain > componet > Look for the "Package & Deployment Wizard" in your visual basic program group... Jamie ok thank you but i have found a pretty neat program install-us it makes a install file and it was just what i needed "jamie" <jamie@noway.com> wrote in message news:AF_Xc.35256$DG.1913603@news20.bellglobal.com... > Frank R. Jr. wrote: > > Hello All i have created a app for AIM and WIN combined but the program will > > not run right unless u have a certain .ocx does anyone know how to make a > > setup file to where it will install the program and add that certain > > componet > > > > Look for the "Package & Deployment Wizard" in your visual basic program > group... > > Jamie ...

Possible Alpha BASIC compiler problem?
This week I ran into a problem which I caused three weeks ago (typo) but the Alpha BASIC compiler did not catch. (See the comment "typo" below). However, the call still failed at run time when triggered by customer data. So here is my question: 1) Since I was using "option type=explicit" is the Alpha compiler at fault? 2) should I have declared "dt_stamp" as "dt_stamp()" ? 3) will using "dt_stamp()" be future-proof? Neil Rieck Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. http://www3.sympatico.ca/n.rieck/OpenVMS.html 1000 !=================================...

Another embedded visual basic problem
I downloaded eVB (from the MS website) onto my PC. I transferred the file (being a "cab" file) to my PPC using the explorer on activesync 3.8. But when I try to run the file from my PPC, I get the following message: "The file ... is not a valid windows CE Setup file". My PPC (the i-mate JAM) uses Windows Mobile 2003, Second Edition. What am I doing wrong? -- Message posted via http://www.pocketpcjunkies.com Hayden Scott via PocketPCJunkies.com wrote: > I downloaded eVB (from the MS website) onto my PC. I transferred the > file (being a "cab" f...

basic gcc compiler $PATH problem
Hi Ive just pkgadd' gcc to my solaris8 os and am coming up with: "no acceptable C compiler in $PATH" ive been on the gcc.gnu.org website but cant find the relevant documentation. does anyone know how i can get gcc working or where i can find the howto for this. regards a >> On 6 May 2004 06:21:33 -0700, >> alana0246@yahoo.co.uk (Alan Armstrong) said: > Hi Ive just pkgadd' gcc to my solaris8 os and am coming up > with: > "no acceptable C compiler in $PATH" > ive been on the gcc.gnu.org website but cant find the > relevant documen...

Visual Basic Multiselect and SelectedIndexChanged problem
Hi, I have a program with a ListView (with Multiselect) and am using the SelectedIndexChanged handler. However, when the index is changed, a rather long set of events occurs which takes quite some time. Therefore, if the user tries to multiselect several items (holding down Shift), it takes that many times longer. Is there a way to only invoke the SelectedIndexChanged method on the LAST multiselected item (not each and every one)?? That would speed up the process greatly. Thanks! Robert This sounds like a .net question as there is no SelectedIndexChanged event in VB. Theref...

visual studio NET compile problem
All I am trying to compile my first dotNET program using VBNet but keep getting this one error message that just won't go away ! Resources 'EIA.resx' and 'Form1.resx' have the same manifest resource name 'EconomicInvestmentAmount.EIA.resources'. I started with form1.frm and then rename it as EIA.frm I then deleted the form1.frm from the directory. There is no other form1-file in the project directory. Anyone out there that can help ? Thanks Francois Terblanche Almost everybody in this newsgroup is using VB6 or lower. While you may get a str...

Problem to compile with g77 a program which was normally compiled with Absoft compiler
Hello, I get the following error messages when I try to compile a program with g77 somefile.f:(.text+0x93): undefined reference to `for_open' somefile.f:(.text+0xf4): undefined reference to `for_write_seq_fmt' somefile.f:(.text+0x128): undefined reference to `for_write_seq_fmt_xmit' somefile.f:(.text+0x454): undefined reference to `for_read_seq' Could you help me to fix this? I have posted more details about my actions on http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3365742/f77-problem-to-compile-with-g77-a-program-which-was-normally-compiled-with-absof Thank you On 30/07/2010 10:2...

Compiling Visual Basic
Hi, I''m not a programmer and don''t have much knowledge of Basic. But I have a question about compiling Visual Basic code. For a program that is used in our company, it is important to know that the version that is used, is the same version that was tested in the first place. People who know (.) tell me, that the Visual Basic compiler generates a different code every time the original code is compiled. On different computers but even on the same computer. They tell me that there are hundreds of differences in the generated programm and a crc check comes with different resu...

mex visual c/c++ compiler problem
I'm including several header files into some code I've written in C, that I'm trying to compile via the mex function. I'm using the Visual C/C++ 6.0 add-in under Win98. I've edited the system path, the matlab paths, and the paths in the Microsoft Visual Studio software to include the directory containing the header files and libraries. However, when I try to compile using the mex function, I get an error. The main header (comm.h) that I'm including contains a command to include another header. The header is in the same directory and is called via #include <dosdef.h&...

Purify problem or compiler problem?
Hi, I am using sun's CC (c++ compiler) to compile the follow code: #define __REENTRANT #include <stdio.h> #include <pthread.h> void *one(void *dummy); void two(void); void output(void); int main (int argc, char **argv) { pthread_t tid; pthread_create( &tid, NULL, one, NULL ); pthread_join(tid,NULL); } void *one(void *dummy) { output(); two(); return NULL; } void two(void) { output(); } void output(void) { //char string[16468]; //This one purify likes //char string[16469]={0}; //This and greater makes purify spit BSW's char string[16469]; //This and greater makes purify spit a IPW/R's string[0]='\0'; } This is purify's output: IPW: Invalid pointer write This is occurring while in thread 7: void output() [testmain3.o] void two() [testmain3.o] void*one(void*) [testmain3.o] _thread_start [libthread.so.1] Writing 1 byte to 0x7e5fbbef on the stack of thread 7. Address 0x7e5fbbef is 16473 bytes below frame pointer in function void output(). Thread Summary : 7 threads in existence Thread 0 [main thread] Stack Limit : (0xff3f0000 0xffbf0000), size = 0x800000 Thread 1 Stack Limit : (0x7ef10000 0x7f010000), size = 0x100000 Stack Use : (0x7f00fa30 0x7f00fd54), size = 0x324 Thread 2 Stack Limit : (0x7e652000 0x...

Problems with MS Visual Basic 6.0
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_014F_01C47E43.7EFBDB40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello ! I need to intreact from VB6 with an PG 7.4.3 database, I've psqlodbc-7_03_0= 200 installed. I use the Microsoft ADO Data Control 6.0, and I've installed the SP5 for VB= 6. When I use the adodc control I see the data but I've problems with : - Update, on existing records : do nothing, I've to MoveFirst to store in d= atabase ! Why ? - Edit Method don't exist for ...

Purify problem or compiler problem?
Hi, I am using sun's CC (c++ compiler) to compile the follow code: #define __REENTRANT #include <stdio.h> #include <pthread.h> void *one(void *dummy); void two(void); void output(void); int main (int argc, char **argv) { pthread_t tid; pthread_create( &tid, NULL, one, NULL ); pthread_join(tid,NULL); } void *one(void *dummy) { output(); two(); return NULL; } void two(void) { output(); } void output(void) { //char string[16468]; //This one purify likes //char string[16469]={0}; //This and greater ...

Problem Closing Visual Basic Help Window
Hello everyone, I have office 2003 Professional, and I work in Access's Visual Basic Editor. Sometimes after opening the "Microsoft Visual Basic Help" window by standing on a function in the code and pressing F1, the help window refuses to close - I click the X but it does nothing, and I'm forced to go to the task manager and terminate the process msohelp.exe. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this problem? Thanks in advance, Gilad ...

Visual Basic: Reading Text File Problem
Hi, I'm in need of some ideas or help. Here's what's up. I've got a text file with three columns (separated by commas) with data. eg: ColumnA ColumnB ColumnC 553456 1 7 123456 1 7 123456 1 5 123456 1 2 857456 1 1 I can read this in fine, but what I want to achieve is output this to another text file (instantaneously if possible) like: ColumnA ColumnB ColumnC 553456 1 7 123456 3 14 857456 1 1 so where column A has the same number as the previous or the next...

Purify problem or compiler problem?
Hi, I am using sun's CC (c++ compiler) to compile the follow code: #define __REENTRANT #include <stdio.h> #include <pthread.h> void *one(void *dummy); void two(void); void output(void); int main (int argc, char **argv) { pthread_t tid; pthread_create( &tid, NULL, one, NULL ); pthread_join(tid,NULL); } void *one(void *dummy) { output(); two(); return NULL; } void two(void) { output(); } void output(void) { //char string[16468]; //This one purify likes //char string[16469]={0}; //This and greater ...

DCMTK compiling on Visual C++ 6.0 problem.
Hi all. When i try to compile storescp class, everything goes finem except of 11 errors, but all the same kind. 3 source files from dcmdata/libsrc (for example dcelem.cxx) don't want to compile beacause of: C:\2\src\dcmtk\dcmdata\libsrc\dcelem.cxx(843) : error C2679: binary '<<' : no operator defined which takes a right-hand operand of type 'class DcmTagKey' (or there is no acceptable conversion) error. Has anyone already faced that problem? Regards. Lukasz, > C:\2\src\dcmtk\dcmdata\libsrc\dcelem.cxx(843) : error C2679: binary > '<<' : no operator defined which takes a right-hand operand of type > 'class DcmTagKey' (or there is no acceptable conversion) this is a well known bug of MSVC 6.0. Just install the lastest service pack and everything should work fine. We will probably add a new entry to the FAQ in the next release. Regards, Joerg Riesmeier OFFIS > Lukasz, > > > C:\2\src\dcmtk\dcmdata\libsrc\dcelem.cxx(843) : error C2679: binary > > '<<' : no operator defined which takes a right-hand operand of type > > 'class DcmTagKey' (or there is no acceptable conversion) > > this is a well known bug of MSVC 6.0. Just install the lastest service > pack and everything should work fine. We will probably add a new entry > to the FAQ in the next release. Thank You very much. Regards ...

Problem Loading any Visual Basic 6 Created program.
Ive briefly googled and researched this to find no one having much problems. I currently have a decent knowledge of wine itself playign WoW, war3 etc on it. Having minor issues trying to load visual basic 6 applications some with and somewithout included ocx files in there dir. Any Help or direction on this issue is appreciated. Did you make sure the file msvbvm60.dll is installed? If not you may need to copy it to ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32/. On Dec 28, 1:16 am, Hac...@gmail.com wrote: > Ive briefly googled and researched this to find no one having much > problems. I c...

Visual Basic 4 code import problem... #2
Hi, I hope that you can help me wit this one please and apologies if i'm in the wrong forum! I recently bought a book that contaiend a CD-ROM of very useful Visual Basic algoritms. Now these algoritms are written in visual basic 4 I'm having difficulty importing the projects into Visual Studio .NET. I get an error message stating: "The Visual Basic 6.0 project file is corrupted or cannot be read". Can anyone tell me what I should do to make these work. Can you recommend any good, free visual basic 4 editors that I can downlaod and install. Should I be aware of anything else (I'm new to the VB universe). Thanks in advance for any suggestions/advice/recommendations etc... Cheers, Al. The newbie. ...

Web resources about - Compile Problem - comp.lang.basic.visual.misc

Compile (publisher) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Compile was a Japanese videogame developer, most notable for having developed the Puyo Puyo series, based on their Madou Monogatari franchise, ...

Information Is Power: Facebook Develops ThreatData To Compile Data On Web Threats
Part of being able to combat malware, phishing, and other online threats is gathering and consolidating as much data on those threats as possible, ...

Credit Suisse compiles yuan winners and losers list: report
... the lowers. A list of Australian winners and losers from the decision by China’s government to devalue the renminbi has reportedly been compiled ...

Beijing residents compile own death toll in flooding
Beijing residents fed up with a lack of official updates are compiling their own death tolls for last weekend's deadly floods in the capital, ...

New report compiles 25 years of UFO sightings in Canada
A Winnipeg group called Ufology Research has compiled and analyzed reported sightings of UFOs across Canada over the last 25 years.

China's nat'l library to compile book on Diaoyu Islands
China's nat'l library to compile book on Diaoyu Islands People's Daily Online ... States, Australia and the United Kingdom. The book is aimed ...

Googlers compile holiday search tips in rap video to help Santa with flight
Google is in full holiday swing (what, you haven't heard?). They just posted, on YouTube, a rap video that was put together by its employees, ...

Popular Dating Site Compiles 15 Stupid Reasons To Date A Lawyer
A new listicle describes a really horrible person to date and then says, “we think lawyers are probably this awful, go date them!” Continue ...

Author Compiles Lively L.A. Times History Lesson
Long before Eli Broad , Rupert Murdoch and people willing to pay $140 million for the Las Vegas Review-Journal, there was Harrison Gray Otis ...

Japan, China compile written pledge to improve ties ahead of summit
Japan and China reached a rare written agreement on Nov. 7 to improve relations strained by a territorial dispute over the Senkaku Islands in ...