Convert Data (csv) to wav file

Hi,
Does anyone have or know a source of code for converting raw data (eg
in .csv format) to .wav file format.
I am collecting data from an Analogue to Digital convertor and need to
convert the data into a .wav file.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter
0
p_l_reed (3)

On 18 Jun 2004 13:35:10 -0700, p_l_reed@hotmail.com (Peter Reed)
wrote:

>Hi,
>Does anyone have or know a source of code for converting raw data (eg
>in .csv format) to .wav file format.
>I am collecting data from an Analogue to Digital convertor and need to
>convert the data into a .wav file.
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>Peter

It depends on the contents of your CSV (Comma Separated Values) file.
CSV files are text files where records are separated by newlines
(either a carriage return or carriage return/line feed combination).
Within each record of a CSV are one or more fields, the fields being
separated by commas.  I assume that the CSV would contain numeric
values for each individual sample; without knowing the range of these
numeric values (ie from 0 to 65535 or -32768 to 32767?), the bitrate
(8 or 16 bits?) and the number of channels (mono or stereo?), it's
hard to give you more pertinent information.

There are numerous web sites that describe the WAV file format, which
is in itself a subset of the RIFF file format.  For example, this web
site has a description of the format; I hope you're comfortable with
doing binary stuff in VB:

http://www.sonicspot.com/guide/wavefiles.html

Tony
0
tmokonen1 (14)

Visual Basic to access .csv file from ftp and add data to SQL
Hi. I have some experience in VB but am completely new in SQL. I have a VB project involving SQL to be completed in 5 days. I really hope you can at least give me some ideas to shorten my developement's struggles to meet the deadline. My VB program will access a text file (*.csv) from ftp in which the file is in the format of a1,b1,c1,d1,e1,f1,a2,b2,c2,d2,e2,f2,...... in which there will be 246 columns in a line separated by commas. Each 6 columns are 1 group. So, there will be 41 groups in a line. The number of lines of the text file can go up to 60000 lines. The VB program will read the text file, extract and manipulate the data. Then, the manipulated data will be added to SQL database. The VB program needs to do the abovementioned tasks once daily. Below are my questions: 1) How can i access a file from the ftp directory? The info given to me is that the location of the text file is ftp://192.168.1.15/Folder1/FileName.csv user id: USER password: USER I dont know how i can include the "user id" and "password" into my VB program to access the file in ftp. 2) For the File I/O of the *.csv file i mentioned above, how can i know where are the (i) "end of line" of each line & (ii) "end of file" ? 3) Any quick notes for me to pick up SQL to be used in VB? Or any good resources for me to kick start? Any help is highly appreciated as my due date is approaching real soon, Thanks a lot. Leng "NewBie" <albertcslen...

how to convert raw data to wav files??
Hi AnyOne, Can anyone know how to do convert raw data&nbsp;in hex format&nbsp;into wav file format?? Please show some guideline. Thank You. The wav file format has header information for sampling rate and other parameters as well as data information.&nbsp; You would have to construct this header and the data chunks according to the standard. &nbsp; <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=180&amp;message.id=3692&amp;requireLogin=False" target="_blank">This</a> post and its included link gives more information on the specific guidelines for this. &nbsp; Regards, &nbsp; Craig D Applications Engineer National Instruments Hi Craig, Thanks for the reply. I do follow according the the wav creation standard and save it as wav file. However, i still fail to read back the wav file. I using LV8.2. Attach with my testvi and data.&nbsp;Please guide if i make any mistake in my testvi &nbsp; Thx and Regards, Simon76&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; data.txt: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/258819/1/data.txt testvi.JPG: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/258819/2/testvi.JPG header.txt: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/258819/3/header.txt How is it not working?&nbsp; Is it giving you an error?&nbsp; What happens when you try to play a known wave file back? &nbsp; Odds are something is wrong with your formatting.&nbsp; <a href=&qu...

converting a SAS data set to a CSV file
Dear SAS users, With SAS8 I used : FILENAME MYFILE EMAIL "D.IANCU@BELASTINGDIENST.NL" SUBJECT="Weekrapportage CAV jobs " ATTACH =("ADCI.SMIV.SMF01002.EXT.CAVWXLS(+1)" EXT='CSV') ; to send an e-mail using SMTP converting a SAS data set to comma-separated value (CSV) files. It does'nt work anymore with SAS9.1. Who knows what I can use instead of this? Kindly regards, Dumitrela Iancu You may use proc export for the job. Libin -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LI...

How to store file data object with Visual Basic
Hi: I have a 10,000 line XLS file which I read to perform some calculations on my application. The problem is that this is a physical file (a .xls format) which resides on the client machine everytime the application is installed. We would like to store this data via a data object in some other format in the user's machine (either as a dataobject .dll or some sort of a resource file). Is it possible to do this in Visual basic dotnet? Thanks, s a n s h a On 12 Jul 2004 02:21:08 -0700, sansha@gmail.com (s a n s h a) wrote: >Hi: > >I have a 10,000 line XLS file which I read to perform some >calculations on my application. The problem is that this is a physical >file (a .xls format) which resides on the client machine everytime the >application is installed. >We would like to store this data via a data object in some other >format in the user's machine (either as a dataobject .dll or some sort >of a resource file). Is it possible to do this in Visual basic dotnet? It is unlikely that we would know This is a VB Classic (5/6) NG For the microsoft news server, try these newsgroups... microsoft.public.dotnet.general microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb microsoft.public.vsnet.general ...

Pls help
Hi, I have a text file that has 544 entry information like this: entry-1: A/L R/K N/M D/F C/P Q/S E/T G/W 4.35 4.38 4.75 4.76 4.65 4.37 4.29 3.97 4.17 4.36 4.52 4.66 4.44 4.50 4.35 4.70 Here, A has 4.35 value, L has 4.17 value, R has 4.38, K has 4.36 an so on. Now, I want to convert this text file into the MAT file(double array or matrix). In this MAT file A,R,N,D,C,Q,E,G,L,K,M,F,P,S,T,W should be the rows and the related values should be the columns. It's easy for one entry but my text file composed of 544 entries like...

Write table data into flat file(.csv,.txt) and again read it from flat file(.csv,.txt)
Hi database Community, I have following specification with me 1>New Database(9.2) at place A 2>Old Database(9.2) at place B Now i want to transfer table data at Place A into flat file(.csv,.txt etc.) And again re read flat file data and put it into table at place B In short i want write data into flat file and read data from flat file. Could anyone tell me what is better way to achieve this. I am Beginner (practice purpose) If possible give some link for downloading the tutorial Thanking in advance Sanjeev N.A. "sanjeev" <sanjeev_atvankar@yahoo.co.in> a �crit dans le message de news: 1162014097.876584.128470@f16g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... | Hi database Community, | | I have following specification with me | 1>New Database(9.2) at place A | 2>Old Database(9.2) at place B | | Now i want to transfer table data at Place A into flat file(.csv,.txt | etc.) | | And again re read flat file data and put it into table at place B | | In short i want write data into flat file and read data from flat file. | | | Could anyone tell me what is better way to achieve this. | I am Beginner (practice purpose) If possible give some link for | downloading the tutorial | | | Thanking in advance | Sanjeev N.A. | Unloader: http://asktom.oracle.com/~tkyte/flat/index.html SQL*Loader: http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96652/ch03.htm#1656 You can also use exp/imp: http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96652/part...

Re: converting a SAS data set to a CSV file
For email: http://listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0505B&L=sas-l&D=0&P=23860 For csv proc export, Ben. ...

Converting data files to object files
Hi there, Is it possible to convert any data file to an object file? For example, I want to use an image without a seperate image file, so it would be useful when I could access the data in the bitmap file by accessing some symbol. I remember that such a tool was delivered with Turbo Pascal, but I have never heard of such a tool. thanks for any help, Theodoor Theodoor Bongers wrote: > Hi there, > > Is it possible to convert any data file to an object file? For example, I > want to use an image without a seperate image file, so it would be useful > when I could...

Quick Basic to Visual Basic Converter
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C453DB.FEAF48A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Does anyone know of a utility that will aid in converting Quick Basic = code to Visual Basic code. I don't expect it would be perfect, but anything that would provide a = start on it would be helpful. Thanks ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C453DB.FEAF48A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff> <DIV><FONT size=3D2>Does anyone know of a utility that will aid in = converting=20 Quick Basic code to Visual Basic code.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=3D2>I don't expect it would be perfect, but anything = that would=20 provide a start on it would be helpful.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=3D2>Thanks</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML> ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C453DB.FEAF48A0-- Hmmm. Other than changes in several of the graphics methods (like CurrentX/Y versus Locate) and maybe the keyboard Get/Input they're pr...

Re: converting a SAS data set to a CSV file #2
You may use proc export for the job. Libin -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of spin0369 Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 5:53 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: converting a SAS data set to a CSV file Dear SAS users, With SAS8 I used : FILENAME MYFILE EMAIL "D.IANCU@BELASTINGDIENST.NL" SUBJECT="Weekrapportage CAV jobs " ATTACH =("ADCI.SMIV.SMF01002.EXT.CAVWXLS(+1)" EXT='CSV') ; to send an e-mail using SMTP converting a SAS data set to comma-separated value (CSV) files. It does'nt work anymore with SAS9.1. Who knows what I can use instead of this? Kindly regards, Dumitrela Iancu ...

Convert .wav file to mp3 file
I want to convert some .wav files to either .mp3 or .wma files, but don't know how. My .wav files are not long ones, with each lasting 30 seconds at the most, but there are a lot files. They take too much space on my web site. Please teach. Also, if this is not the right group to ask this question, please advise where to go. Thanks. Fuli Chang Fuli Chang wrote: > I want to convert some .wav files to either .mp3 or .wma files, but > don't know how. > > if this is not the right group to ask this Well, what is the group name? Do you see "audio" ...

Re: converting a SAS data set to a CSV file #3
Exactly what happens (or doesn't happen)? "Doesn't work" is too vague to be useful. Note that the EXT attachment option cannot in any way convert the content of a file. It merely changes the name. On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 11:52:46 +0200, spin0369 <spin0369@TISCALI.NL> wrote: >Dear SAS users, > >With SAS8 I used : > >FILENAME MYFILE EMAIL "D.IANCU@BELASTINGDIENST.NL" > SUBJECT="Weekrapportage CAV jobs " > ATTACH =("ADCI.SMIV.SMF01002.EXT.CAVWXLS(+1)" EXT='CSV') > ; > > >to send an e-mail using SMTP converting a SAS data set to comma-separated >value (CSV) files. >It does'nt work anymore with SAS9.1. >Who knows what I can use instead of this? > >Kindly regards, >Dumitrela Iancu ...

How to convert a .csv file into .mat file.
How to convert a .csv file into .mat file. Any body please provide me a code.? On Wednesday, March 6, 2013 6:06:09 PM UTC+13, Rak wrote: > Any body please provide me a code.? Here's one way: system('rename test.csv test.mat'); But Its showing a Warning: File contains uninterpretable data. I think this works. Import the .csv file in matlab work space.Select the variables.Right click and save as .mat file. ...

How do I overwrite table data with a CSV file data?
Here's the overview: Im building an eCommerce web site using ASP. It has an Access DB at the back end. Im receiving the Product info from a series of CSV files. Ive created a Table in Access called 'Products' and the two fields which concern me are called 'ProductID' and 'Price'. The product prices change regularly, sometimes quaterly. The updated prices will be received in the CSV file. Here's the problem: I want to somehow get the 'Prices' field in the datbase to be updated automatically whenver a new CSV file comes in, I dont want to manually type all the updated prices. How would I get this done? Can it be done in Access or would I have to get some sort of ASP program code to do it? Im not a programmer so would appreciate an 'idiots guide' if poss! Cheers....John John, Idiot's guide version? Maybe I'm the wrong guy for that. one way would be to read the entire file into an empty table, and then run your update from there via a canned update query. if you wanted the database to be updated automatically, you could create a form that is always open and in the OnTimer event, execute the import code. Here's everything but the timer events: Option Compare Database Option Explicit Public Function GetNewPrices() On Error GoTo HandleError '---shut off warnings so the code will run without prompts DoCmd.SetWarnings False '---delete any records in holder table because I don'...

play wav from file and use wav-data
Hi! I'm using actxcontrol to play a wavfile in Windows media player: RC1 = actxcontrol('WMPlayer.OCX'); The problem is that I want to do some calculations with the data sent to the player as it is being played. I have tried using AI = analoginput('winsound', 0) and then y = getdata(AI) to get the the data at the same time as it is played. The result is just noise. I hope you can help me. Marcus I think that you could do it in the way that you describe, provided that you actually loop from the soundcard out to the soundcard line in. However, it is much easier to read ...

visual basic "string" data type convert to DB2 "blob"?
Does anyone know if a visual basic string data type can be converted to DB2 blob datatype? I have all data in XML files and I use Visual Basic to read the characters from the XML file and insert into the DB2 database. For most common datatypes, the conversion from VB to DB2 is easy, example, CInt to convert VB string to integer, CDbl to convert VB string to double, etc. But is there a way to convert from VB string to insert to a BLOB (binary large object data type) field in DB2? Thank you very much! There is two way I would do it: the first would be to save the read XML fil...

Data file into wav audio file how? TIA sal
Greetings, All I have several data points (frequency and amplitude) that I would like to convert to an audio file wav file. Does anyone know how I can go about doing this? Are there examples? See http://onewithall.net/data-to-sound.jpg for a better example of data and graph of data that I�m using. (Data is taken from excel) Thanks Hi. Only from the frequency/amplitude information the audio signal is not reproducible, because the phase information is needed. The amplitude of the signal is only a part of the whole signal information. Heiko ...

Greetings, All I have several data points (frequency and amplitude) that I would like to convert to an audio file wav file. Does anyone know how I can go about doing this? Are there examples? See http://onewithall.net/data-to-sound.jpg for a better example of data and graph of data that I�m using. (Data is taken from excel) Thanks Sal Hi, data = Table[Sin[x], {x, 0., 2Pi, 2Pi/512}]; sound = ListPlay[data]; Export["h:/tmp/test.wav", sound] ?? Regards Jens "jilss" <jilss@sss.nets> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:dd9mlc$iqf$1@s...

Data file into wav audio file how? TIA sal
Greetings, All I have several data points (frequency and amplitude) that I would like to convert to an audio file wav file. Does anyone know how I can go about doing this? Are there examples? See http://onewithall.net/data-to-sound.jpg for a better example of data and graph of data that I�m using. (Data is taken from excel) Thanks Sal jilss@sss.nets wrote: > I have several data points (frequency and amplitude) that I would > like to convert to an audio file wav file. Does anyone know how I > can go about doing this? Are there > examples? The AudioT...

LabVIEW: TDMS file data could not be converted into the specified data type.
Hi all, I try to convert TDM and TDMS files to a text file. &nbsp; With the TDM files there is no problem to read different data types (such as numerics, date/ time, and so on) as an array of strings, by using the "Get Properties" TDM Storage-VI: I've set the output data format to "Array of strings". &nbsp; But I've problems to read channels from a TDMS file with different data types, because I always get an error &nbsp; "Error -2525 occurred at TDMS Read in mainASCIIConverter.vi Possible reason(s): LabVIEW:&nbsp; TDMS file data could not be converted into the specified data type." &nbsp; , when I try to read a channel with data type "date/time" as a 1D-&nbsp;string array with the TDMS read&nbsp;VI (see attached picture)! &nbsp; Can anyone help me to solve this problem? &nbsp; Thanks daHans &nbsp; &nbsp; TDMSread.JPG: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/237934/1/TDMSread.JPG The Storage VIs have a built-in mechanism for converting numeric data into strings, the upside being that it is convenient, the downside being that you have no influence on the formatting. The TDM Streaming API only converts data amongst different numeric types. If you need some code that converts all data coming from a TDMS file into strings, look at some of the code we use within the TDMS File Viewer in order to display all data in a table. The VI you're looking for is ..\vi.lib\Utility\tdmsutil.llb\l...

Condensing a .csv file into another .csv file via executing/calling a file..
How could I get started on a project that executes upon calling it..taking 1 csv file in location A and computes average etc.. and then exports it to a new csv file in another location B? Would this be an exe file that does it? Does VBasic create exe files? Thanks! On 22 Jan 2007 11:02:06 -0800, redrosekrs@yahoo.com wrote something that piqued my interest enough to reply with: >How could I get started on a project that executes upon calling >it..taking 1 csv file in location A and computes average etc.. and then >exports it to a new csv file in another location B? Would this be an >exe file that does it? Does VBasic create exe files? Thanks! A lot will depend upon how your data is laid out, is the layout static, how much data are you going to have to process, etc. A CSV is just a text file formatted in a particular way so you could start by selecting the input file, reading the file in and parsing the elements into data arrays, computing your required outputs from that data, then writing it out to a new CSV file. You may also want to consider if the task can be more easily implemented in Excel or Access as they allow you to link to CSV files and treat them like spreadsheets/tables. Excel/Access are designed to handle such tabulated data and already have the functions/reporting options for the type of output that you may require. -- Alfie [UK] <http://www.delphia.co.uk/> It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere. Well instead of link...

Converting creator and type codes in Visual Basic like in Visual C++
In Visual C++, creator and type codes are casted like UInt32 ulCreator = 'CE1F'; How can I do this in Visual Basic? Thanks Ralph Krausse www.consiliumsoft.com Use the START button? Then you need CSFastRunII... A new kind of application launcher integrated in the taskbar! ScreenShot - http://www.consiliumsoft.com/ScreenShot.jpg On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 08:08:39 -0700, Ralph Krausse wrote: > How can I do this in Visual Basic? Start by choosing the right newsgroup to ask your question in. On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 12:47:57 -0400, John Doe <a.nonymous@abuse.org> ...

Output data to file and then How to update the data in file?
I am a beginner to programming. I know how to read and output data to a file in java, but how can i update the data in file. For example, if i want to change the word "TOM" to "JOHN" in file name.txt How can i do it in java? saturnlee@yahoo.com wrote: > I am a beginner to programming. > I know how to read and output data to a file in java, but how can i > update the data in file. > For example, if i want to change the word "TOM" to "JOHN" in file > name.txt > How can i do it in java? Start here.. <http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/essential/io/> Andrew T. you might want to write a method to search and replace the word. while you read the file, you can do search and replace at the same time. have a look at this link, for search replace example http://www.leepoint.net/notes-java/data/strings/96string_examples/example_replaceWord.html ...

Convert data into visuals
Hi, I have been trying to represent some numerical data in a graphical format. my numerical data keep changing with the time and I also want my graphical representation to follow the data. can anyone give me an idea for this problem.. thanks suranga "Suranga Nanayakkara" <eng10846@nus.edu.sg> wrote in message news:ef13de4.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > Hi, > > I have been trying to represent some numerical data in a graphical > format. my numerical data keep changing with the time and I also want > my graphical representation to follow the data. can anyone give me...

Web resources about - Convert Data (csv) to wav file - comp.lang.basic.visual.misc

List of converts to Buddhism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Coca-Cola made packaging that converts into a free Google Cardboard-style VR viewer [Video]
... if the above experiment turns into reality. The project envisions packaging for a 12-pack of Cokes and other products that is easily converted ...

Coca-Cola made packaging that converts into a free Google Cardboard-style VR viewer for iPhone
... if the above experiment turns into reality. The project envisions packaging for a 12-pack of Cokes and other products that is easily converted ...

The Galaxy S7 Edge may have just made me a Samsung convert
Historically, I've had a begrudging respect for Samsung flagships. I can objectively acknowledge the company makes very good, extremely popular ...

This modular robot tank converts into a tracked hoverboard
Filed under: Etc. , Videos , Autonomous , Military , Off-Road The unmanned vehicle is equal parts hoverboard and tank.