Convert image to text #2

I am trying to figure out a way to convert an image into text.  In
other words, I want to take an image and have a text output of 0's for
the white area and 1's for the black area.

For instance, if I have a bitmap of an X, the text output would be:

Can anyone help me?

Ed
0
exg001 (1)

On 19 Jun, 14:46, Ed <exg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to figure out a way to convert an
> image into text. =A0In other words, I want to take
> an image and have a text output of 0's for the
> white area and 1's for the black area.

What you are looking for is OCR (optical character recognition). There
are lots of applications out there than can perform the job. Some are
free and some are very cheap and some are very expensive. Basically,
you get what you pay for. I don't know how many are available for use
with VB6, but I'm sure there are some. But if you are actually looking
for a way of coding this yourself in straight VB code (or in any other
code, for that matter) then you've got a *massive* job on your hands.
This sort of thing is far from trivial, and is in fact extremely
complex if you want worthwhile results.

Mike

0
gagamomo (627)
6/19/2008 6:36:08 PM
Ed wrote:
> I am trying to figure out a way to convert an image into text.  In
> other words, I want to take an image and have a text output of 0's for
> the white area and 1's for the black area.
>
> For instance, if I have a bitmap of an X, the text output would be:
>
> 1000001
> 0100010
> 0010100
> 0001000
> 0010100
> 0100010
> 1000001
>
> Can anyone help me?
>
> Ed

Sounds difficult to do yourself. If you just want a program to do it try
Digitizer (it's free and quite good).
0
dgnospam (1)
6/19/2008 6:56:55 PM
If all you want to do is to pick apart the pattern for some text, you can do
something like this:

'
Picture1.ForeColor = QBColor(0)
t$ = "Hello"
Picture1.CurrentX = 0
Picture1.CurrentY = 0
Picture1.ScaleMode = 3  'pixel scaling
Picture1.Print t$
For j = 0 To Picture1.TextHeight(t$) - 1
r$ = ""
For i = 0 To Picture1.TextWidth(t$) - 1
    If Picture1.Point(i, j) = QBColor(0) Then r$ = r$ + "1" Else r$ = r$ +
"0"
Next i
Picture1.Print r$
Next j

This code writes a string up in the top left corner of a picture box. It
then loops through the rows and
columns taken up by the string and uses the POINT function to example the
pixel at each location.

"Ed" <exg001@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to figure out a way to convert an image into text.  In
> other words, I want to take an image and have a text output of 0's for
> the white area and 1's for the black area.
>
> For instance, if I have a bitmap of an X, the text output would be:
>
> 1000001
> 0100010
> 0010100
> 0001000
> 0010100
> 0100010
> 1000001
>
> Can anyone help me?
>
> Ed

0
japarsly1 (45)
6/19/2008 7:18:14 PM
On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 06:46:56 -0700 (PDT), Ed <exg001@gmail.com> wrote:

>I am trying to figure out a way to convert an image into text.  In
>other words, I want to take an image and have a text output of 0's for
>the white area and 1's for the black area.
>
>For instance, if I have a bitmap of an X, the text output would be:
>
>1000001
>0100010
>0010100
>0001000
>0010100
>0100010
>1000001
>
>Can anyone help me?
>
>Ed
Set the picture box or image containing the picture to a scalemode of
pixels then using imbedded for loops scan pixel by pixel and if the value
is less than some value (midpoint between black and white) the that's a
black pixel, otherwise it's a white pixel.

So on a Form with your image in picture box  (Picture1 with Scalemode =
Pixel), a listbox (List1) to accept the output and a Button (Command1) the
following:

Private Sub Command1_Click()
Dim x As Long
Dim y As Long
Dim A As String

List1.Clear
For y = 0 To Picture1.ScaleHeight
    A = ""
    For x = 0 To Picture1.ScaleWidth
        A = A + IIf(Picture1.Point(x, y) >= RGB(128, 128, 128), "0", "1")
    Next
    List1.AddItem A
Next

End Sub

I tested this using a Picture box sized to match the image size that I used
and it seems to produce reasonable looking output, from a colour image.

Richard

See http://www.caravanningnow.co.uk where my caravan's for sale.
--
'Any man can get on a mule,' said Vorbis. 'Often many times in a short
distance' - 'Small Gods' by Terry Pratchett

Visualize 2 intersecting images? #2
I have two MRI magnitude image slices/planes that I want to visualize in space. The planes intersect each other and I have the direction vectors that span each plane, as well as the position of the "first" pixel in each plane. I want to visualize the orientation and position of each plane as well as the image data within each plane altoghether. How do I do this? "Katarina Kindberg" <katarina.kindberg@liu.se> wrote in message news:g21175$ob5$1@fred.mathworks.com... >I have two MRI magnitude image slices/planes that I want to > visualize in space...

How to alignment the text using pdflib 2.01in the Visual Basic program?
Dear All; I am making a report using de PDFlib 2.01 to VB. I would like to know how to alignment the text in the report. I need to alignment the text to right. I am using the following programmation: PDF_set_text_pos p, 250, Top - 145: PDF_setfont p, Font, 16: PDF_show p, (teng + teng1) PDF_set_text_pos p, 250, Top - 175: PDF_setfont p, Font, 16: PDF_show p, (Tmat + tmat1) PDF_set_text_pos p, 250, Top - 205: PDF_setfont p, Font, 16: PDF_show p, (Tmat_imp + tmat1_imp) PDF_set_text_pos p, 250, Top - 235: PDF_setfont p, Font, 16: PDF_show p, (Thor + thor1) PDF_set_text_pos p, 250, Top - 265: PD...

[wxGTK 2.4.2/GTK 2.0] Convert Text Latin to wxGTK
Hi How can I do to convert text latin to wxGTK (I supose UTF-8) ? I am using wxConvUTH8.MB2WC(string) but don't work. Thank's for any help. Mauro Cordon producao@scordon.com.br -> comercial mcordon@usa.com -> pessoal ICQ#124551451 ----------------------------------------------- To Beer or Not To Beer, This Is Bohemia, ShakesBeer. -- __________________________________________________________ Sign-up for your own personalized E-mail at Mail.com http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup CareerBuilder.com has over 400,000 jobs. Be smarter about your job searc...

Scanned text (image) needs to be converted to text
Hello all, I have a PDF of a contract that was scanned in and stored as an image (so we can't select the text). Is there any way to convert an image to text (preferably built in to Adobe Acrobat or a free plug-in)? We are using Adobe Acrobat 5.0. Thanks for any help anyone can provide, Conan Kelly Conan Kelly wrote: > Hello all, > > I have a PDF of a contract that was scanned in and stored as an image > (so we can't select the text). > > Is there any way to convert an image to text (preferably built in to > Adobe Acrobat or a free plug-in)? > &...

how to convert a 1 dimensional image into 2 dimensional image
I'm getting error stating 'Image must be 2 dimensional' when i execute hough transform. Pl help me with this On Apr 3, 4:16=A0am, "niranjana " <nb3...@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm getting error stating 'Image must be 2 dimensional' when i execute ho= ugh transform. Pl help me with this -------------------------------------------------------------- It wants an image. Apparently you passed in just a single 1D list of numbers. "ImageAnalyst" <imageanalyst@mailinator.com> wrote in message news:0ae4fd6e-dc0d-4879-88ee-c055b111203a@y13g20...

Printing text, image, text, image, ...
I have bunch of text files (about 20 lines) and bunch of image files. Is there a clean way to print text, then image, then text, then image, ...., as though there are in single continuous document? -- William Park <opengeometry@yahoo.ca>, Toronto, Canada ThinFlash: Linux thin-client on USB key (flash) drive http://home.eol.ca/~parkw/thinflash.html BashDiff: Super Bash shell http://freshmeat.net/projects/bashdiff/ ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.misc.] On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 20:01:01 -0400, William Park staggered into the Black Sun and said: > I have [a] bu...

Transform a 2D color image into 2 images of (R1,G1,B) at each pixel of image 1 and (R2,G2,B) at each pixel of image2 for STEREO visualization
I am wondering is there any open source C++ lib can do this. Could any function in OpenGl do this non-trivial task? Or I have to do it from the groud up again? 88888 Dihedral <dihedral88888@googlemail.com> wrote: > I am wondering is there any open source C++ lib can do this. > > Could any function in OpenGl do this non-trivial task? > > Or I have to do it from the groud up again? Please do not ask your question in the subject line, especially given that it's such a long and complicated one. On 12/19/2011 5:19 AM, Juha Nieminen wrote: > 88888 Dihedral<dihedral88888@googlemail.com> wrote: >> I am wondering is there any open source C++ lib can do this. >> >> Could any function in OpenGl do this non-trivial task? >> >> Or I have to do it from the groud up again? > > Please do not ask your question in the subject line, especially given that > it's such a long and complicated one. ....and may I add a suggestion to not ask the question in the subject line in the right newsgroup, as well? comp.graphics.api.opengl is the right one if you need OpenGL, or just comp.graphics.algorithms if you need somebody's help on devising one (algorithm, that is) Thanks! V -- I do not respond to top-posted replies, please don't ask On Monday, December 19, 2011 9:18:02 PM UTC+8, Victor Bazarov wrote: > On 12/19/2011 5:19 AM, Juha Nieminen wrote: > > 88888 Dihedral<dihedr...@googlemail....

How to convert histogram image into histogram image on a logarithmic scale? #2
Hello all: I would like to convert a histogram map <http://danielmarkhot.googlepages.com/untitled2.PNG> into a histogram map which is based on a logarithmic scale. Such as <http://danielmarkhot.googlepages.com/untitled1.PNG> May anyone here give me some comments? Thank you very much! -Daniel ...

Programming Windows CE 2 in Visual Basic or Visual C++
Hi, I've been searching the web for ages, looking for some software that will allow me, with my Phillips Nino 3xx PDA running Windows CE2, to program in one Basic or C++ Visual and make a compiled program to be able to install on my PDA device as other software. I've only found software for PocketPC etc... I'd like it is I could program it on my laptop using Visual Basic and with a form for the Windows CE screen etc.. Thanks. If someone can help, please reply or email. On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 14:49:20 +0800, Johan Kahn <johankahnSPAMKILL@westnet.com.au> wrote: >Hi, > >I've been searching the web for ages, looking for some software that >will allow me, with my Phillips Nino 3xx PDA running Windows CE2, to >program in one Basic or C++ Visual and make a compiled program to be >able to install on my PDA device as other software. Microsoft no longer supports development for Windows CE 2.x, so you won't find anything official from them. They still support eVB 3, which _will_ work with the right SDK for your Nino. I'm sure eVB 3 is still available for free from Microsoft's web site, but not sure where; try going to the site and searching for eVB 3. I _think_ it comes with a Palm-size PC SDK 1.2, but that is for the Palm-size PCs running version 2.11 of the operating system. You need the older SDK, and I don't know where you'll find it. > >I've only found software for PocketPC etc... > >I'd like i...

Converting creator and type codes in Visual Basic like in Visual C++
In Visual C++, creator and type codes are casted like UInt32 ulCreator = 'CE1F'; How can I do this in Visual Basic? Thanks Ralph Krausse www.consiliumsoft.com Use the START button? Then you need CSFastRunII... A new kind of application launcher integrated in the taskbar! ScreenShot - http://www.consiliumsoft.com/ScreenShot.jpg On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 08:08:39 -0700, Ralph Krausse wrote: > How can I do this in Visual Basic? Start by choosing the right newsgroup to ask your question in. On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 12:47:57 -0400, John Doe <a.nonymous@abuse.org> ...

Re: macros written in visual basic and visual studio 2005 #2
Oh yeah, I just read VBA for Dummies, VSTO for Dummies, and VB.NET for Dummies over the last 3 days ;-] Just kidding. A little humor as a post to another thread (I have worked with all 3 technologies for clients). Alan Churchill Savian "Bridging SAS and Microsoft Technologies" www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: Alan Churchill [mailto:SASL001@savian.net] Sent: Monday, October 30, 2006 3:26 PM To: 'Munna'; 'SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU' Subject: RE: macros written in visual basic and visual studio 2005 Wrong newsgroup but I can help a bit. Visual Basic and Visual Basic.NET have 2 things in common: the words "visual" and "basic". There was an attempt to minimize some language changes but EVERYTHING under the surface is different. Printing reports in VB.NET shouldn't be an issue but I would look toward using the old macro as a 'template' and not for a code lift. Look into Microsoft's Visual Studios Tools for Office (VSTO) or Aspose's class libraries to transfer your reports over to VS2005. Now VS2005 is the best way to go so you are moving in the right direction. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa830702.aspx Now, I personally don't use VSTO since it relies on the old COM interface but it should work fine for lightweight applications. I would convert your code and revel in a much better interface and a much cleaner way of doing things. Plus, it doesn't require Office to be installed...

convert image to text
I am interested in developing an online utility that will enable users to copy and past any image (or upload any image on the internet) to the online utility, which will then convert the image to text. The user may "convert image to text" and copy and paste the text displayed into any word document, or send the text displayed to the recipient's email address or can download the text file as a zipped text file that will be presented to the user as a small zipped text file icon. The user can also enter a passcode for the text file. This will scramble the text according to a calculation. The recipient of the text file will then need to go to the online utility, paste in the text, and press "convert to image" to see the original image that the sender had converted into text. If a password was set at the time of production then it will be required before the image can be restored from the text. The utility could be sold as a browser add-on or as a downloadable utility which will enable any image on the internet to be converted to text simply by right-clicking on it and selecting "convert to text" from the context menu. The image on our website is 500 x 375 pixels @ 145 kb. The same image converted to a string of characters (representing paletted colours between 0 -256) can be saved as a zipped text file of less than 2 kb with no loss in quality when the file is converted back to an image. Would anyone wish to promote this utility? ...

Visual Basic #2
Hi. I am LazerPhreak, a 13 Y/O computer geek....well....i am at a strange point. I know enough about computers but i dont know enough to keep frum doin harm and i am always breakin sumthin. I wanna learn 2 program but am havin trouble. If possible can anyone here become my mentor on visual basic? please email me al LazerPhreak@hotmail.com ...

visual basic #2
how to program using do until dim cnt as long do cnt=cnt+1 debug.print loop until cnt = 20 do cnt=cnt+1 debug.print loop while cnt < 21 same result. -- Randy Birch MS MVP Visual Basic http://vbnet.mvps.org/ Please reply to the newsgroups so all can participate. "langging" <bagiuolode@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1137894917.831216.250360@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... : how to program using do until : Do Until is similar to Do While. The Difference between these two. is Do...While loop will execute till the test condition is True. Do...Until loop will execute till the Test Condition is False. I.e. if the condition is Positive attitue U can use Do...While loop. else U can use Do...Untill. Other then this there is no change in utilizing these loops. <vadivelpvs@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1138016568.165128.119400@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Do Until is similar to Do While. > > The Difference between these two. is > > Do...While loop will execute till the test condition is True. > > Do...Until loop will execute till the Test Condition is False. > > > I.e. if the condition is Positive attitue U can use Do...While loop. > else U can use Do...Untill. This is not correct... Do ... While A = 1 'will execute while a = 1 Do ... Until A = 1 'will execute until a = 1 So to rephrase your statements: Do...While loop will execute while the test condi...

ANN: DaVince Tools 2.2.0 converts TIFF, JPEG and Text to PDF
**** PRESS RELEASE **** DAVINCE TOOLS 2.2.0 RELEASED SHAREWARE FOR CONVERTING TIFF, JPEG AND TEXT TO PDF July 30, 2003 - "DaVince Tools" 2.2.0 is now available for download at http://www.davince.com . "DaVince Tools" is a shareware product for converting TIFF, JPEG and text files to PDF. New with version 2.2.0 is the "DaVince Tools Plus" product, which contains all the standard features of "DaVince Tools", plus adds DLL support and multiple file type conversion. Features in both "DaVince Tools" and "DaVince Tools Plus" include: - ...

text 2 text

Visualize 2 intersecting images?
I have two MRI magnitude image slices/planes that I want to visualize in space. The planes intersect each other and I have the direction vectors that span each plane, as well as the position of the "first" pixel in each plane. I want to visualize the orientation and position of each plane as well as the image data within each plane altoghether. How do I do this? ...

Convert an image into polar #2
Hi, Can some one tell how to convert an image into polar format and view it using matlab ? i also would like to know if how i can convert the image to a matrix ?.. Can i write a simple matix , say A=[1 1 1; 10 01 5; 3 5 8] and convert this matrix into an image ? how does the image gets decoded into matrix ? Kindly reply or throw your suggestions. thanks Antony ...

Converting Text to and Image File
Does anyone know of any code or method that will let me convert text into a JPG image in VB6? Text to a bitmap format would do at a pinch, as I could probably get and automatically run a bitmap to JPG converter command line tool or something. But I would prefer direct text to JPG in VB6 code if possible. Thanks Dave. Simplest way... print the text to a picturebox, then save it... (air code) Picture1.AutoRedraw = True Picture1.BackColor = vbWhite Picture1.Print "Hello world" With Picture1 .FontName = "Comic Sans MS" .FontSize = 12 .FontBold = True .ForeColor = vbRed End With Picture1.Print "Red" SavePicture Picture1.Image, "Test.bmp" "David L. Jones" <altzone@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1182562374.882453.137960@o11g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > Does anyone know of any code or method that will let me convert text > into a JPG image in VB6? > > Text to a bitmap format would do at a pinch, as I could probably get > and automatically run a bitmap to JPG converter command line tool or > something. But I would prefer direct text to JPG in VB6 code if > possible. > > Thanks > Dave. > On 23 Jun, 02:32, "David L. Jones" <altz...@gmail.com> wrote: > Does anyone know of any code or method that will > let me convert text into a JPG image in VB6? Text > to a bitmap format would do at a pinch, as...

Convert Access into Visual Basic
I have developed dictionary in Microsoft Access. I want to make this Dict in C++ or Visual Basic Does anybody have search engine source who can send to me. Thanks very much ...

Convert Access into Visual Basic...
I have developed dictionary in Microsoft Access. I want to make this Dict in C++ or Visual Basic Does anybody have search engine source who can send to me. Thanks very much ...

Basic Image Processing #2
I have two images.. im1 and im2 im1 is 1200x1 matrix im2 is 1450x1 matrix I want to add im1 and im2 for further calculation. How do I do it? On Nov 8, 9:37=A0pm, "Joe Frank" <sas...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have two images.. im1 and im2 > > im1 is 1200x1 matrix > im2 is 1450x1 matrix > > I want to add im1 and im2 for further calculation. How do I do it? you need to interpolate one over the range of the other. I would interpolate the 1450 over the 1200 range. jonny <jonnazemi@gmail.com> wrote in message <e0176e1c-3cfb-4a59-81ed-6ede6dc961d7@j19g2000v...

convert a text report to an image
To protect from editing a text report, I want to make an watermarked image(any format and bit)&nbsp;from&nbsp;the text report which has already been made. How to do this work? Does Any funciton&nbsp;exist in LV8.2? hi there you could show the report on a VIs front panel in a string control and then use the "GetImage" method of the control. see attached example... &nbsp; Report2Image_8.2.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/277125/1/Report2Image_8.2.vi That's good idea. However, do you know how to&nbsp;insert a watermarked image (such as company logo) to the created image? hi there try this: 1. create an image of your watermark (use same bitdepth as in GetImage method and same size as your control). Use BLACK as background (0x000000)2. unflatten watermark with UnflattenPixmap.vi3. execute GetImage at the controls reference and unflatten with UnflattenPixmap.vi4.&nbsp;Sum the "Pixmap" arrays of both unflattenend pixmaps5. Flatten summarized pixmaps and save as picture &nbsp; Report2Image_II_8.2.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/277213/1/Report2Image_II_8.2.vi ...

Visual Basic.net #2
Hi, I am probably all cocked up here but I heard Microsoft had given up on VB. Will it still be used in general. Perhaps someone could give me an explanation of what has happened and what it will mean. Many many thanks. Michael -- All mail is Checked by TREND MICRO PC-cillin Anti-Virus system (http://www.antivirus.com). Michael wrote: > Hi, I am probably all cocked up here but I heard Microsoft had given up on > VB. Will it still be used in general. > Perhaps someone could give me an explanation of what has happened and what > it will mean. > Many many thanks. > Michael > > > -- > All mail is Checked by TREND MICRO PC-cillin Anti-Virus system > (http://www.antivirus.com). I may be wrong in this but my understanding is that after Visual Basic 6 microsoft went to VB.net. This version was meant for internet integration of applications. Since there were a big group of programmers who write applications which have no web component and saw no value in making a local network look and work like a distributed web application many stayed with VB 6. Microsoft appears to have realized that the .net name may not have been helpful so has renamed the product Visual Basic 2004 or something like that. It is the lack of support for the VB 6.0 developmemt environment that many are unhappy with. I did look at VB.net when it first came out and it simply did not make any sense to me in developing non-web based applications. At some point I expect Mi...

Web resources about - Convert image to text #2 - comp.lang.basic.visual.misc

List of converts to Buddhism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Coca-Cola made packaging that converts into a free Google Cardboard-style VR viewer [Video]
... if the above experiment turns into reality. The project envisions packaging for a 12-pack of Cokes and other products that is easily converted ...

Coca-Cola made packaging that converts into a free Google Cardboard-style VR viewer for iPhone
... if the above experiment turns into reality. The project envisions packaging for a 12-pack of Cokes and other products that is easily converted ...

The Galaxy S7 Edge may have just made me a Samsung convert
Historically, I've had a begrudging respect for Samsung flagships. I can objectively acknowledge the company makes very good, extremely popular ...

This modular robot tank converts into a tracked hoverboard
Filed under: Etc. , Videos , Autonomous , Military , Off-Road The unmanned vehicle is equal parts hoverboard and tank.