Converting Text to and Image File

Does anyone know of any code or method that will let me convert text
into a JPG image in VB6?

Text to a bitmap format would do at a pinch, as I could probably get
and automatically run a bitmap to JPG converter command line tool or
something. But I would prefer direct text to JPG in VB6 code if
possible.

Thanks
Dave.

1
altzone (98)

Simplest way... print the text to a picturebox, then save it...

(air code)

    Picture1.AutoRedraw = True
    Picture1.BackColor = vbWhite
    Picture1.Print "Hello world"

    With Picture1
         .FontName = "Comic Sans MS"
         .FontSize = 12
         .FontBold = True
         .ForeColor = vbRed
    End With
    Picture1.Print "Red"

    SavePicture Picture1.Image, "Test.bmp"

"David L. Jones" <altzone@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know of any code or method that will let me convert text
> into a JPG image in VB6?
>
> Text to a bitmap format would do at a pinch, as I could probably get
> and automatically run a bitmap to JPG converter command line tool or
> something. But I would prefer direct text to JPG in VB6 code if
> possible.
>
> Thanks
> Dave.

0
no18 (4537)
6/23/2007 5:35:03 AM
On 23 Jun, 02:32, "David L. Jones" <altz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know of any code or method that will
> let me convert text into a JPG image in VB6? Text
> to a bitmap format would do at a pinch, as I could
> probably get and automatically run a bitmap to JPG
> converter command line tool or something.

As BeastFish has already said, it is very easy to draw (Print) your
text into an Autoredraw Picture Box and then save the PictureBox's
Image property as a standard.bmp file. You can then use one of the
freeware bitmap to jpeg copnversion utilities from within your VB6
program to convert the .bmp to a .jpg. The Intel IJL11.dll library
used to be very good, but it is no longer distributed or supported by
Intel. There are others out there though. Or you could use Windows GDI
+, which is not of course free but which requires your machine to have
the GDI+ stuff installed. Have a look at:

http://www.vbaccelerator.com/home/VB/Code/vbMedia/Using_GDI_Plus/Reading_and_Writing_JPG__PNG__TIF_and_GIF_Files/article.asp

I have to say though that neither .bmp nor .jpg files are really
suitable formats for storing text. Perhaps if you explain exactly what
you are doing and, just as importantly, why you are doing it, other
more suitable methods could be suggested.

Mike

0
gagamomo (627)
6/23/2007 9:35:00 AM
On 23 Jun, 02:32, "David L. Jones" <altz...@gmail.com> wrote:

.. . . Oops! Slight typo there! I did of course mean:

You can use Windows GDI+ stuff, which IS of course free ;-)

Mike

0
gagamomo (627)
6/23/2007 9:42:13 AM
"Mike Williams" <gagamomo@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> On 23 Jun, 02:32, "David L. Jones" <altz...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know of any code or method that will
>> let me convert text into a JPG image in VB6? Text
>> to a bitmap format would do at a pinch, as I could
>> probably get and automatically run a bitmap to JPG
>> converter command line tool or something.
>
> As BeastFish has already said, it is very easy to draw (Print) your
> text into an Autoredraw Picture Box and then save the PictureBox's
> Image property as a standard.bmp file. You can then use one of the
> freeware bitmap to jpeg copnversion utilities from within your VB6
> program to convert the .bmp to a .jpg. The Intel IJL11.dll library
> used to be very good, but it is no longer distributed or supported by
> Intel. There are others out there though. Or you could use Windows GDI
> +, which is not of course free but which requires your machine to have
> the GDI+ stuff installed. Have a look at:
>
> http://www.vbaccelerator.com/home/VB/Code/vbMedia/Using_GDI_Plus/Reading_and_Writing_JPG__PNG__TIF_and_GIF_Files/article.asp
>
> I have to say though that neither .bmp nor .jpg files are really
> suitable formats for storing text. Perhaps if you explain exactly what
> you are doing and, just as importantly, why you are doing it, other
> more suitable methods could be suggested.

Surely in this day and age (meaning this month, the way things are going now),
every machine in the world has the ability to manipulate a jpg file? I can't
believe something so common is still buried away in layers of code that you may
or may not have on a given machine. I don't do jpgs myself, but I would have
thought they were as common as bmps by now.

0
mynamehere (1583)
6/23/2007 3:45:17 PM
On 23 Jun, 16:45, "Steve Gerrard" <mynameh...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Surely in this day and age (meaning this month, the
> way things are going now), every machine in the world
> has the ability to manipulate a jpg file? I can't
> believe something so common is still buried away in
> layers of code that you may or may not have on a
> given machine.

Yes. You would have thought so. But it isn't quite that way, at least
not just yet, and at least not for VB6. There are lots of controls and
libraries that you can use from VB6 to convert images to jpegs, and
many of them are free, but it wasn't until the advent of Microsoft's
GDI+ that this stuff became an intrinsic part of Windows. The GDI+
stuff is installed by default I think on all versions of WindowsXP,
but if you're using Win98 or NT or 2K and if you haven't already got
it then you need to download the free GDI Plus Redistributable from
Microsoft. I don't actually use it myself but I know that it isn't
exactly intuitive to use. There is some nice VB6 sample code at the
site to which I previously posted a link though, and you can also
download a GDI+ Type Library and a VB6 wrapper for it from the same
site. Once you have all that stuff it should be easy to deal with
jpegs and various other graphic formats in VB6. I don't bother with
all that GDI+ stuff myself though (which is why I don't know much
about it).

Personally I use a DLL written in Delphi by Jerry French for
converting bitmaps to jpegs. It is freeware with no restrictions and
it does not need to be registered or anything (you can simply
distribute it with your app and place it in the same folder as your VB
app if you wish). It allows you to select the jpeg compression ratio
to suit your own needs and you can create jpegs in VB6 using just one
line of code. Naturally, being written in Delphi, it comes with all
the Delphi stuff applicable to the Delphi code it uses "built into the
dll" so it is quite large (about 375K). It is very, very easy to use
though, and it'll work on any machine. It works well on Win98 and on
XP and I've just tried it on my Vista Box and it works fine. You'll
find the dll at the following link. The downloaded file includes a
small sample VB app to show you how to use it:

http://www.jerryfrench.co.uk/pictojpg.htm

Personally, I think that if you want a very simple way to create jpegs
from bitmaps then you can't really do better.

The advantage of the GDI+ stuff of course (if you choose to go that
route) is that it allows you to deal with various other image file
formats as well, but personally I really can't be bothered with all
the messing about you need to do to get it working in VB6. In fact if
anything was ever to tempt me to move to VB.Net it would be the fact
that all this GDI+ stuff is native to VB.Net (as far as I'm aware) and
is therefore effectively "built into the language".

Having said all this, I still think that neither the bmp nor the jpg
format is suitable for the OP's requirement of creating an image of
some formatted text. There are undoubtedly other different methods
that will suit his needs better, but it is pointless actually
suggesting anything until he responds to my earlier message ands until
we know exactly what he wants to do and, just as importantly, why he
wants to do it.

Mike

0
gagamomo (627)
6/23/2007 6:42:32 PM
On Jun 24, 4:42 am, Mike Williams <gagam...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> [...]
>
> The advantage of the GDI+ stuff of course (if you choose to go that
> route) is that it allows you to deal with various other image file
> formats as well, but personally I really can't be bothered with all
> the messing about you need to do to get it working in VB6. In fact if
> anything was ever to tempt me to move to VB.Net it would be the fact
> that all this GDI+ stuff is native to VB.Net (as far as I'm aware) and
> is therefore effectively "built into the language".
>
> Having said all this, I still think that neither the bmp nor the jpg
> format is suitable for the OP's requirement of creating an image of
> some formatted text. There are undoubtedly other different methods
> that will suit his needs better, but it is pointless actually
> suggesting anything until he responds to my earlier message ands until
> we know exactly what he wants to do and, just as importantly, why he

Thanks guys.
I know the limitations of JPG and how the text will look, and that
it's not the best format for such purposes etc, but that's what my
application must ultimately do due to the requirements of other
programs it's designed to be compatible with.

I'll look into all the options suggested.

Thanks
Dave.

0
altzone (98)
6/23/2007 11:38:53 PM
On 24 Jun, 00:38, "David L. Jones" <altz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks guys. I know the limitations of JPG and
> how the text will look, and that it's not the
> best format for such purposes etc, but that's
> what my application must ultimately do due . .
> I'll look into all the options suggested.

Okay. Personally I'd go with Jerry French's dll, which is extremely
simple to use and which works fine. By the way, whatever jpg method
you decide to use, since you will be creating bitmaps in an Autoredraw
Picture Box and then saving them as jpegs you will need to ensure that
you save them at the correct size. One standard way of doing that is
to set the Form's ScaleMode to pixels and the PicBox BorderStyle to
none and then set the size of the bitmap by setting the Width and
Height properties of the Autoredraw picture box to the desired pixel
values before you draw into it. However, that is not enough if you
ever decide in that same program to change the size of the Picture Box
(for example if you want to create various jpegs of different pixel
sizes). To reliably change the size of the bitmap you must do a Cls on
the Picture Box after you have set its size, otherwise the resultant
Image property will be the same size as it was previously (if the
previous size happens to be larger than the new size) and the bitmap
will be the wrong size. For example, before drawing into the Picture
Box you should do something like this:

With Picture1
  .BorderStyle = vbBSNone
  .Container.ScaleMode = vbPixels
  .Width = 500 ' or whatever size
  .Height = 400 ' you require.
  .Cls ' this line is important.
End With

Incidentally, Jerry's sample code loads a picture (.bmp or whatever)
into the Picture property of a Picture Box and then saves the Picture
Box's Picture property as a jpg. In your case you will not be doing
that and you will instead be drawing or printing text into the Picture
Box and saving its Image property as a jpg. That's okay because
Jerry's dll will happily accept Picture1.Image as a parameter instead
of Picture1.Picture. And of course you will not require the "If
Picture1.Picture.Height = 0" test that Jerry's sample code currently
contains. One last point, if you're saving images containing text then
you'll probably want to use the highest jpg quality setting (lowest
compression) which with Jerry's dll is a value of 100.

Mike

0
gagamomo (627)
6/24/2007 6:29:09 AM
On Jun 24, 4:29 pm, Mike Williams <gagam...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 24 Jun, 00:38, "David L. Jones" <altz...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks guys. I know the limitations of JPG and
> > how the text will look, and that it's not the
> > best format for such purposes etc, but that's
> > what my application must ultimately do due . .
> > I'll look into all the options suggested.
>
> Okay. Personally I'd go with Jerry French's dll, which is extremely
> simple to use and which works fine. By the way, whatever jpg method
> you decide to use, since you will be creating bitmaps in an Autoredraw
> Picture Box and then saving them as jpegs you will need to ensure that
> you save them at the correct size. One standard way of doing that is
> to set the Form's ScaleMode to pixels and the PicBox BorderStyle to
> none and then set the size of the bitmap by setting the Width and
> Height properties of the Autoredraw picture box to the desired pixel
> values before you draw into it. However, that is not enough if you
> ever decide in that same program to change the size of the Picture Box
> (for example if you want to create various jpegs of different pixel
> sizes). To reliably change the size of the bitmap you must do a Cls on
> the Picture Box after you have set its size, otherwise the resultant
> Image property will be the same size as it was previously (if the
> previous size happens to be larger than the new size) and the bitmap
> will be the wrong size. For example, before drawing into the Picture
> Box you should do something like this:
>
> With Picture1
>   .BorderStyle = vbBSNone
>   .Container.ScaleMode = vbPixels
>   .Width = 500 ' or whatever size
>   .Height = 400 ' you require.
>   .Cls ' this line is important.
> End With
>
> Incidentally, Jerry's sample code loads a picture (.bmp or whatever)
> into the Picture property of a Picture Box and then saves the Picture
> Box's Picture property as a jpg. In your case you will not be doing
> that and you will instead be drawing or printing text into the Picture
> Box and saving its Image property as a jpg. That's okay because
> Jerry's dll will happily accept Picture1.Image as a parameter instead
> of Picture1.Picture. And of course you will not require the "If
> Picture1.Picture.Height = 0" test that Jerry's sample code currently
> contains. One last point, if you're saving images containing text then
> you'll probably want to use the highest jpg quality setting (lowest
> compression) which with Jerry's dll is a value of 100.
>
> Mike

Excellent, thanks Mike!

Dave.

0
altzone (98)
6/24/2007 6:37:16 AM
In message <1182641933.513864.108320@g37g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
David L. Jones <altzone@gmail.com> writes
>I'll look into all the options suggested.

I'll add my 2p worth to all the good advice you've had.

DIjpg.dll is also a doddle to use.

www.disoft.com/dijpg.htm

--
Martin Trump
0
On 24 Jun, 16:33, Martin Trump <mar...@wmeadow.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> I'll add my 2p worth to all the good advice you've had.
> DIjpg.dll is also a doddle to use.
> www.disoft.com/dijpg.htm

Actually that's a very good 2p worth, and I'm glad you came in on it
Martin. I was originally going to suggest that one myself but I
recalled something about it requiring a specific temporary .bmp file
in the c:\ root folder, which would of course cause serious problems
on a Vista machine. However, I've just double checked and it would
appear that the updated version of the DIjpg.dll overcomes that
problem by providing a new function that allows you to load from
any .bmp file.

In fact, I would suggest that the OP takes your advice and uses the
DIjpg.dll. It has the disadvantage that (I think) it requires you to
register the dll properly with an installation package (if you're
sending code to others) but it has one very big advantage in that it
deals with the original .bmp file on disk itself, whereas (I think?)
Jerry's dll requires a Picture object or property which means that you
need to first load the .bmp into VB in a StdPicture object or a
Picture Property yourself.

The reason I make this suggestion is because loading a .bmp into a
StdPic object or a Picture Box Picture property in VB degrades its
colour depth on systems running at 16 bit colour depth or lower so
colours in the the resultant jpeg will be similarly degraded. You'd be
surprised at how many loops you need to jump through in VB to fix that
problem, and if you use the DIjpg.dll you won't need to jump through
those hoops because it does not degrade the colour depth (when dealing
with .bmps loaded from disk) on such systems.

So, for a combination of simplicity of use and ease of coding and
avoidance of colour degradation when converting a .bmp from disk to
a .jpg on low colour depth systems I think the DIjpg.dll is the way to
go. Drawing into a Picture Box on a 16 bit colour system of course
also forces you to use only 16 bit colour in the drawing, and if you
want to avoid that problem on 16 bit systems you will still need to
jump through a few hoops, by drawing into a full colour DIBSection for
example, but on balance I think the fewer hoops you need to jump
through the better.

Sadly (although this may be just a temporary hiccup) the download
links at the link you provided no longer work.

Mike

0
gagamomo (627)
6/24/2007 6:01:06 PM
In message <1182708066.977087.89770@w5g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, Mike
Williams <gagamomo@yahoo.co.uk> writes
>Sadly (although this may be just a temporary hiccup) the download links
>at the link you provided no longer work.

Seems to be so but since it was freely available I'd be pleased to pass
it on to anyone interested.

Martin
--
Martin Trump
0
On 24 Jun, 19:30, Martin Trump <mar...@wmeadow.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> In message <1182708066.977087.89...@w5g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, Mike
> Williams <gagam...@yahoo.co.uk> writes
>
> >Sadly (although this may be just a temporary hiccup) the download links
> >at the link you provided no longer work.
>
> Seems to be so but since it was freely available I'd be pleased to pass
> it on to anyone interested.

I've actually got a copy myself, but the OP and others might be
interested. I wonder if the links are broken because they are working
on updating the dll? I've just tried using it on Vista to load a bmp
and save it as a jpg and it creates a zero length jpg file and then
immediately and unceremoniously goes up in a puff of smoke, taking
your VB app with it! It works fine on Vista though if you select "run
as Admin".

Mike

0
gagamomo (627)
6/24/2007 6:48:04 PM
In message <1182710884.192294.119850@o61g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>, Mike
Williams <gagamomo@yahoo.co.uk> writes
>I've actually got a copy myself, but the OP and others might be
>interested. I wonder if the links are broken because they are working
>on updating the dll? I've just tried

My offer to make it available still stands but better go to...

http://www.tfic.com/htm/dd382300.htm#091

There's a free zipped d/l at the bottom of the page
--
Martin Trump
0

How to convert images into text file
Hello, Please, I want to store 20 images its size 240*320 in the text file . I run this code,but only one image stored in test file path ='E:\Matlab\bin\seq1\seq'; for i=100:120 a = imread([path,int2str(i),'.jpg']); dlmwrite('test.txt', a, 'delimiter', ','); end How I can modify this code to store more than one image in test file? On 11/17/2012 3:51 PM, luma wrote: > Hello, > Please, I want to store 20 images its size 240*320 in the text file . > I run this code,but only one image stored in test file > > path ='E:\Matl...

converting a text file to image
i am looking for python code to convert a textfile(.txt) to an image(preferrably Tiff).I believe it involves some scanning and conversion using some font table and probably compression using huffman encoding..is there an open source code doing this?can someone give a pointer? jim On Jun 20, 9:15=A0am, jimgardener <jimgarde...@gmail.com> wrote: > i am looking for python code to convert a textfile(.txt) to an > image(preferrably Tiff).I believe it involves some scanning =A0and > conversion using some font table and probably compression using > huffman encoding..is there an op...

Converting A Unicode Text File to An ASCII Text File
We have a large number of text files built in Unicode that we need to be read by SAS. SAS does not read Unicode text. To convert the Unicode text to ASCII text we did the following: A Unicode text file adds an additional blank space to each character. To remove this blank character, you can use the code below. The hexidecimal value '00' is a blank character. So remove it using the SAS statement '00'x. The 'x' tells SAS you are reading hexidecimal. Use RECFM=N to tell SAS that you are reading a stream of data that will not conform to a typical file structure. SAS will ...

Just wondering if anyone knows if there are converters to convert from: MS Visual C++ 6.0 or MS Visual Studio 2003 project files into UNIX autogen/configure/make files?
Just wondering if anyone knows if there are converters to convert from: MS Visual C++ 6.0 or MS Visual Studio 2003 project files into UNIX autogen/configure/make files? KevinGPO wrote: > Just wondering if anyone knows if there are converters to convert from: > > MS Visual C++ 6.0 or > MS Visual Studio 2003 > > project files into UNIX autogen/configure/make files? > A better place to ask would be a UNIX newsgroup or a Linux newsgroup, comp.os.linux.development.apps, for example V "KevinGPO" <kevingpo@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1126251633....

Read a non text file
How can i convert a weird looking file to text file. I know the main info is stored in the file which looks like below. "����<t���Jч�ĉTV��y�rr��Ph"e~Wm>�E�0Y'p�=C�&�rؙ�<t�Fx�Zo$�+T��=���H Or�r6�S��m&7<�p�q��� u����w}�jlꥎ+_�����Z�?��v��ȉ�XC R�}�_�׍�:�$)�o}��NʨW\&���I@b�#T�B��8���J��CL�ypr\�]R���p\��S�XRҏ�f&?/��� 2�t�_��x���bG���Z�D�v�s [�"��N�# Ѡ�@)�����h'&%�(�)��c�ͼA ���zUZjLRyu�P̤� ��� �W��e�@1'�(��u-nG��p��2_�� T&�6+� _� d�(1Z�E@���h�F�z �~x�fG���s�b�/-+�@��0�%��6�wu�=��z���Y�0...

Re: Converting A Unicode Text File to An ASCII Text File
Mike, SAS does not read Unicode text. It is not true encoding=utf8 exist HTH Andre I tried upon this contents (a french one saved in utf8) but showed here in windows Nom,Adressé "Bob","cité Bergère" "Ann","impasse Dôme" with this code under sas windows options validvarname=any; filename a "z:\utf8.csv" encoding=utf8; PROC IMPORT OUT= WORK.PAPER3 DATAFILE=a DBMS=CSV REPLACE; GETNAMES=YES; DATAROW=2; RUN; the results are Nom Adress� Bob cit� Berg�re Ann impasse D�me But perhaps you have another problem...

printing a text file from visual basic
I want to make a simple visual basic program that will print a text file when I run it. This will allow me to just click and icon and the default printer will print this text file. Can this be done in visual basic with the print method? Thanks http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vbcode/html/vbtskCodeExamplePrintingTextFile.asp GOOGLE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGLE "Joe Blo" <techman41973@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e8fde247.0407082106.13a95501@posting.google.com... > I want to make a simple visual basic program that will print a tex...

printing a text file in visual basic
I want to make a simple visual basic program that will print a text file when I run it. This will allow me to just click and icon and the default printer will print this text file. Can this be done in visual basic with the print method? Thanks Start a new standard exe project Remove the form Add a module Right click the project & select Sub Main as the Startup Object In the module, add Sub Main In Sub Main, load the desired file into a string variable Then use the Printer object's Print & EndDoc methods Now compile the project & put a shortcut on your desktop or taskbar &quo...

Convert a text file into binary image
Is there any method/function to convert a text file into binary image? On 22/08/10 9:33 AM, MS C wrote: > Is there any method/function to convert a text file into binary image? I could probably come up with about 20 methods easily, and with a bit more thought, I imagine I could likely push it to 35 methods before I started to run out of inspiration. Beyond that I'd probably sit for a while and think until I came up with a method for mechanically generating new methods for this task, after which it would be a matter of how many tens of thousands of methods I generated be...

Command for converting text file (Windows CR) to text file (Linux) ?
Assume I trasferred/uploaded a text file (which was created on a Win system) to Linux system. How can I convert the eol chars to the Linux style ? I opened (and later saved) it in vi editor. But this didn't help. What else can I do to convert it? Karl In article <475ef469$0$17522$9b4e6d93@newsspool4.arcor-online.net>, Karl Medrell <k.medrell@hotmail.com> wrote: >Assume I trasferred/uploaded a text file (which was created on a Win >system) to Linux system. > >How can I convert the eol chars to the Linux style ? > >I opened (and later saved) it in vi editor...

Text in images to a text file
Hello, Does anyone know of any software for Linux which converts text in images to a text file. I have loads of paper documents that I intend to scan. The contents of these documents needs to eventually end up on a web site but as text. Darren <bobblebob@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1151612491.407262.124690@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com > Does anyone know of any software for Linux which converts text in > images to a text file. I have loads of paper documents that I intend > to scan. The contents of these documents needs to eventually end up > on a web site but as text....

Visual Basic: Reading Text File Problem
Hi, I'm in need of some ideas or help. Here's what's up. I've got a text file with three columns (separated by commas) with data. eg: ColumnA ColumnB ColumnC 553456 1 7 123456 1 7 123456 1 5 123456 1 2 857456 1 1 I can read this in fine, but what I want to achieve is output this to another text file (instantaneously if possible) like: ColumnA ColumnB ColumnC 553456 1 7 123456 3 14 857456 1 1 so where column A has the same number as the previous or the next...

convert mat files (struct) to ascii text files / save data as ascii text
I'm using a script that saves data (x,y) as .mat files in struct format. However I need it to save the data as ascii text files. How can this be done? I've tried save -ascii etc etc but matlab returns that the data format is not suitable to save as ascii. So is there a (simple) way to either save my data as ascii text or convert a generated .mat file to ascii text file (CSV or else)? Thanks! On Dec 23, 10:43=A0am, "Stijn Oonk" <stijn.o...@tno.nl> wrote: > I'm using a script that saves data (x,y) as .mat files in struct format. = However I need it to sav...

VeryPDF PDF To Image Converter v2.0
For Immediate Release Contact: support@verypdf.com http://www.verypdf.com/ http://www.verypdf.com/pdf2tif/index.htm VeryPDF PDF To Image Converter v2.0 - Convert Adobe PDF file to Image Formats PDF To Image Converter Introduction (Document) PDF To Image Converter is an application program based on Windows platform, which can directly convert PDF files to dozens of image formats, such as TIF, TIFF, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, EMF, PCX, TGA and so on, it does support whole PDF file to image file conversion, include text, line, arc, ellipse, Bezier, color, image, form and other type elements. PD...

Web resources about - Converting Text to and Image File - comp.lang.basic.visual.misc

Converting dry air to water: solution to Broken Hill's water crisis gains support
A one-man crusade by a Broken Hill resident to solve the historic town's water crisis by introducing air to water converters is gaining support. ...