Failed to load control 'ImageList' from MSCOMCTL.OCX

Hi,

In my VB 6 application, I keep getting the following error
occassionally

Failed to load control 'ImageList' from MSCOMCTL.OCX.  Your version of
MSCOMCTL.OCX may be outdated.  Make sure you are using the version of
the control that was provided with your application.

This happens only on couple of machines whereas rest of them (around
20) runs fine. They all have same version of MSCOMCTL.OCX. I have
tried uninstalling and re-installing the application. Can not
reproduce the error in development environment, only comes up after
deployment.

Any Ideas!

Regards

PJ

On 7 Apr 2005 01:33:40 -0700, joshi.praveen@gmail.com (PJ) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>In my VB 6 application, I keep getting the following error
>occassionally
>
>Failed to load control 'ImageList' from MSCOMCTL.OCX.  Your version of
>MSCOMCTL.OCX may be outdated.  Make sure you are using the version of
>the control that was provided with your application.
>
>This happens only on couple of machines whereas rest of them (around
>20) runs fine. They all have same version of MSCOMCTL.OCX. I have
>tried uninstalling and re-installing the application. Can not
>reproduce the error in development environment, only comes up after
>deployment.

I doubt that they all really have the same version of MSCOMCTL.OCX

Can you get rid of it ?

Perhaps a hidden Usercontrol on your main form containing an array of
Pictureboxes (that is my method) or you could use Resource files.

Most of the additional controls in there are fairly pathetic
- and the useful ones have been emulated
0
erewhon2 (1112)

Looks more like a memory leak problem. According to Microsoft

This problem occurs because Windows XP and Mscomctl.ocx load two
different versions of Comctl32.dll that are not compatible
(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;811415)

Though the problem in this article is not what I am getting but its
similar cause and symptoms. Not sure how to resolve this issue.
Probably try installing MSCOMCTL.OCX that is compatible with Xp.
Any Comments!

Many Thanks

A solution for "Failed to load control 'ImageList' from Mscomctl.ocx."
Hi All, I found a solution for the problem described below that might interest other programmers encountering the same problem. We have a VB 6 program running that for some users frequently reports: Failed to load control 'ImageList' from Mscomctl.ocx. Your version of Mscomctl.ocx may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application. Platform is Windows 2000 SP2. mscomctl.ocx is exactly the same version on the development machine as on all machines we investigated, namely 6.1.83.41 dated December 7, 1998. I suspect that this ...

Failed to load control '...' from ....ocx. Your version of ....ocx may be outdated.
Hi, We have a problem installing our VB6 application on another server. Another company working for our client created some ocx files that we have to use in our application. Someone from this company manually installed these ocx files on our development server (using regsrv32.exe). We then started developing our own ocx files that use the other company's ocx files. And then we created an application that uses both the ocx's (our own and these from the other company). All of this works fine on the development server. When I create an MSI file for our application, all the ocx files from the other company, all our ocx files, other used dll's and ocx's and the executable are included. On the test server, none of the above ocx files have been installed before. Installing the MSI on the test server works fine. But when we start the application then this message appears: "Failed to load control '...' from ....ocx. Your version of ....ocx may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application." But it are the versions of the controls that are installed on the development server (and work there without problems with our application) that we installed on the test server! I tried to manually deregistered (regsrv32.exe /u) the dll's and ocx's installed through the MSI and then I manually registered (regsrv32.exe) them again, but the problem stays. Our components or all set to "binary...

'is not' or '!='
A newbie question to you; what is the difference between statements like: if x is not None: and if x != None: Without any context, which one should be preferred? IMHO, the latter is more readable. On 2014-08-18 21:35, ElChino wrote: > A newbie question to you; what is the difference between statements > like: > if x is not None: > and > if x != None: > > Without any context, which one should be preferred? > IMHO, the latter is more readable. > "x == y" tells you whether x and y refer to objects that are equal. "x is y" tells you whether x and y actually refer to the same object. In the case of singletons like None (there's only one None object), it's better to use "is". "ElChino" <elchino@cnn.cn>: > A newbie question to you; what is the difference between statements > like: > if x is not None: > and > if x != None: Do the following: take two $10 bills. Hold one bill in the left hand, hold the other bill in the right hand. Now, the bill in the left hand "is not" the bill in the right hand. However, the bill in the left hand "==" the bill in the right hand. > Without any context, which one should be preferred? > IMHO, the latter is more readable. In almost all cases, both tests would result in the same behavior. However, the "is not" test is conceptually the correct one since you want...

'^=' and '~='?

DLL and PDB linking problem ''kernel32.dll Export loaded'' ''Symbols loaded''
Dear all, I am new to C++ environment, I found it is very different from FORTRAN which I am familiar. When I compile the source code of a model, there is the following messages. 'VS2010.exe': Loaded 'C:\VS2010\Debug\VS2010.exe', Symbols loaded. 'VS2010.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll', Exports loaded. 'VS2010.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\kernel32.dll', Exports loaded. 'VS2010.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\KernelBase.dll', Exports loaded. 'VS2010.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\m...

wxIE doesn't handle 'enter', 'delete' key, 'control-c' 'control-v' properly
I built the wxIE project from: http://sourceforge.net/projects/wxactivex Which is great, but I can't use the 'delete' key, nor 'enter', nor control-c/control-v in the IE window. Using SPY++ and stepping through the code I see that the keys are being sent to the IE Window so I'm lost as to how to make it work. Has anyone seen oddities like this using wxActiveX? Everything looks right so it's very frustrating... Joe -- View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/wxIE-doesn%27t-handle-%27enter%27%2C-%27delete%27-key%2C-%27control-c%27-%27co...

"Method 'Controls' of ojbect 'CommandBarPopup' failed" ?
I get this error every so often. Some bogus error number (such as -2147467259), too. Google searches imply that it can be caused by manually adding/deleting menu items on the fly, but it happens to me when a modal form is active and a timer function fires. Some of the code it runs (not sure what exactly) breaks it. Part of the menus are then hosed (i.e., you click and it doesn't "drop down", even if there are items in there). The only "solution" I've found is to resort to a backup and re-code everything since that point. Can anyone help me find a better soluti...

'''''''''''''The Running Update/Append Queries Using VBA code Ordeal''''''''''''''
Hello fellow programmers, I am trying to run an append/update query from code, a command button on a form initiates the queries. the format i am using is; _____________________________________________________ SELECT "criteria" FROM "criteria" WHERE "criteria" UPDATE/APPEND "field selections" RecordSource "qryExample" = above text strings" _______________________________________________________________________ When i am running a SELECT query in this manner it works fine with no problems, and accepts the values of specified linked for...

problems with 'load' and 'save'
hello, i have a problems when i use the load command. I use this command a lot of times but in some of then i have the next problem. For example in the next code: load Variables\secuenciaRX load Variables\secuenciaRXAux secuenciaRXAux=[secuenciaRXAux secuenciaRX]; i load 'secuenciaRX' and 'secuenciaRXAux' but when i do secuenciaRXAux=[secuenciaRXAux secuenciaRX] the value of 'secuenciaRX' is missed. The variable that a load first miss its value two sentences after. Could someone help me? Thanks Omar Sanchez wrote: > hello, > > i have...

'more' fails, but 'vi' works??
'more <fileName>' does not show anything in the file. It exits immediately without showing the contents. But, I can do 'vi'. The 'ls -l <fileName>' also shows 80 bytes as the size and all the permission bits are set. 'file <fileName>' shows <fileName>: commands text What is the reason why the 'more <fileName>' fails? In article <1171696623.532022.125720@t69g2000cwt.googlegroups.com>, <qazmlp1209@rediffmail.com> wrote: >'more <fileName>' does not show anything in the file. It exits >im...

'''''''''''''The Running Update/Append Queries Using VBA code Ordeal'''''''''''''' #2
Hi, Thanks for ur help there HJ. I know how to do the tasks you specified there. I would like for the update query to use field values from some of the fields on the form (frmInvoices) such as InvoiceNumber, DateFrom, DateTo. My problem is that an append/update query can't find the values in the open Form (frmInvoices) when I specify them as; [Forms]![frmInvoices]![InvoiceNumber] a select query has no problem finding the field values on a form. please help. Aaron Hi Aaron, Could you post the entire code that you are having trouble with? Now it is not possible to see what goes wrong. HJ "Aaron" <aaron@rapid-motion.co.uk> wrote in message news:260d7f40.0408120245.2f3d01f8@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > Thanks for ur help there HJ. > > I know how to do the tasks you specified there. > > I would like for the update query to use field values from some of the > fields on the form (frmInvoices) such as InvoiceNumber, DateFrom, > DateTo. My problem is that an append/update query can't find the > values in the open Form (frmInvoices) when I specify them as; > > [Forms]![frmInvoices]![InvoiceNumber] > > a select query has no problem finding the field values on a form. > > please help. > > Aaron First off, if you are not always using all the parameters specified in your form, then you have to add parameters to your query on the fly. Also, you can't just do something like qdf.SQL = "SE...

if str_mo not in ('','.') and str_da not in ('','.') and str_yy not in ('','.') Any shorter ?
Hi, there. =20 I'm just curious if it ever dawned on anybody how to abbreviate this line : if str_mo not in ('','.') and str_da not in ('','.') and str_yy not in ('','.')=20 =20 Igor Kurbeko Clinical Programmer Analyst 678 336 4328 ikurbeko@atherogenics.com =20 no brain no pain =20 how about: if not (str_mo in ('','.') or str_da in ('','.') or str_yy in ('','.')) OR if not (missing(str_mo) or missing(str_da) or missing(str_yy)) Eric On 22 Oct 03 21:13:37 GMT, ikurbeko@ATHER...

A function with 'and' , 'not' , 'null' , 'car' and 'cdr'
What's this ? (defun enigma (x) (and (not (null x)) (or (null (car x)) (enigma (cdr x))))) "I suppose I should learn Lisp, but it seems so foreign." - Paul Graham, Nov 1983 On Wed, Oct 07 2015, CAI GENGYANG wrote: > What's this ? > > > (defun enigma (x) > (and (not (null x)) > (or (null (car x)) > (enigma (cdr x))))) Bad taste? It returns T if the list X contains nil as an element. It would be clearer to write (some #'null x). Helmut CAI GENGYANG ...

Re: if str_mo not in ('','.') and str_da not in ('','.') and str_yy not in ('','.') Any shorter ?
OR you could use ARRAY data new; set old; array igor $ (*) str_mo str_da str_yr; do over igor; if igor ~in (' ','.') then do; end; run; Prasad Ravi Igor Kurbeko <ikurbeko@ATHEROGENIC To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU S.COM> cc: Sent by: "SAS(r) Subject: if str_mo not in ('','.') and str_da not in ('','.') and str_yy ...

error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attrib
Hi I'm trying to compile an ADC Driver & come acrosss the following error. I've no experience writing drivers before, and hence have no clue how to fix it. Hope someone out there has encountered the problem & suggesst a fix for the same. The Error is I get is : qadc.c: At top level: qadc.c:97: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'qadc_read' make: *** [qadc.o] Error 1 [root@localhost qadc]# ########################################################################### ADC Driver Code ##...

error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attrib
Hi I'm trying to compile an ADC Driver & come acrosss the following error. I've no experience writing drivers before, and hence have no clue how to fix it. Hope someone out there has encountered the problem & suggesst a fix for the same. The Error is I get is : qadc.c: At top level: qadc.c:97: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'qadc_read' make: *** [qadc.o] Error 1 [root@localhost qadc]# ########################################################################### ADC Driver Code ####################...

include path for 'load' or 'require'
Hi! Say I have a script called "gen.rb", and I would like it to load a script called "loadme.rb" because it provides a common routine used by a lot of scripts, but I don't want to install it anywhere in the search path... I just want to keep it with all the .rb files that actually use it... How do I specify the directory that 'this' current script is in? For example, I have: c:\src\gen.rb c:\src\loadme.rb where gen.rb is: -------------------------------------- #!/usr/bin/env ruby dir=File.dirname(__FILE__) load "#{dir}/loadme.rb" puts "__FILE__...

Replacing ',' with '.'
Hello, I have a huge amount of numbers in a .txt file. The numbers are in the form 2,43252e+1. I need to replace the , with . How should I do this? I'd prefer some import method that does this during the import procedure. -Janne Hi, I guess you import the data as text and convert it then to numbers. Try 'strrep' before you convert the text to numbers. Tobias Jake the Snake schrieb: > Hello, > > I have a huge amount of numbers in a .txt file. The numbers are in the form 2,43252e+1. I need to replace the , with . How should I do this? I'd prefer some import method...

Re: '^=' and '~='?
Duckhye, According to the doc ( http://xrl.us/befwjx ) they, and one other set of characters, and the mnemonic 'NE' all represent 'NOT EQUAL'. Art ------- On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 16:52:40 -0600, Duck-Hye Yang <dyang@CHAPINHALL.ORG> wrote: >Hello, >What is the difference between '^=' and '~='? > >Thanks, >Duckhye ...

'[OFF]' as in 'offensive'???
Hi, given that 'off-topicness' is indicated as '[OT]' and taking a look at those postings that started the threads indicated as '[OFF]' (which may both be seen as being somewhat offensive) may lead to the conclusion that '[OFF]' stands for offensiveness. I don't think that this is the intended meaning so what actually *does* '[OFF]' mean? I never came across that abbreviation before (although I have been around on the USENET for quite some time) but maybe it is worth knowing? Josef 'Jupp' Schugt NOTE: mails >100 KiB ...

logical to 'on' / 'off'
Hi, is there a function implemented doing this conversion? my Problem is, that I want to use the following code: set(handles.edit_curr_trq_sl,'Enable',get(hObject,'Value')) where get(hObject,'Value') gives the state of a checkbox thank you! function [str]=tf2oo(logic) switch logic case 0 str='off'; case 1 str='on'; end%switch end%function tf2oo() while i do not know a built in function, I use my own:) meisterbartsch wrote: > > > function [str]=tf2oo(logic) > switch logic > case 0 > str='off'; &g...

replacing '/' with '\\'
I have a MKS ksh shell script running on a Windows box. In some scripts I have to convert a UNIX filename into a DOS filename, that is replace the '/' with '\\'. For example, replace /opt/siips/archive/text.dat with \\opt\\siips\\archive\\text.dat. I've tried using sed like $FILE='echo $FILE|sed "s/\//\\\/g"' which got me \opt\siips\archive\text.dat. It's close but I still need the second \. Does anyone have any suggestion? Or tell me where I've gone wrong? Thanks -- Steffen On 9 Dec 2004 20:14:21 -0800, sajohn52@yahoo.com <sajohn52@yahoo....

How to force 'const_missing' in 'YAML.load'?
Hello! Is there a way to force 'const_missing' exception in 'YAML.load' if the Class definition is not found? By default if it can't find the class definition it just silently instantiates the YAML::Object stub. One solution is to add the Class to Domain Types. But for my situation this is absolutely not suitable. YAML.add_domain_type("TheClass,2007", "") do |type, val| klass = eval(type.split(':').last) YAML.object_maker(klass, val) end class TheClass def to_yaml_type "!TheClass,2007/#{self.class}" end ...

replacement for '{' and '}' ?
I am still playing around with what kind of syntax I would like to mark up my documents. Are there equivalent long substitutes for { and } when they are not used to describe arguments to functions? Something like \begin{group} and \end{group}. In other words, if I could force myself to write, say, \begin{group} \it ... \end{group} instead of {\it ... }, then I believe I could identify from the markup context what is an argument that belongs to a just invoked macro and what is text. {Of course, in this context, \textit{...} would be better.} No more ambiguity whether a in \myfunction{a} i...

Web resources about - Failed to load control 'ImageList' from MSCOMCTL.OCX - comp.lang.basic.visual.misc