FileSystemWatcher in VisualStudio 12 or VS Express 13 - can you please help?

The documentation states that I can use a FileSystemWatcher to monitor for
changes in a network drive. My code sets the .Path property, then sets
EnableRaisingEvents = True and .IncludeSubdirectories = True. I have tried a
Path syntax of \\<server>\<folder>, and the FileSystemWatcher will not raise
events. If I map \\<server> to a local drive letter and use <drive_letter>:
\<folder>, the FileSystemWatcher still does not raise events. I have no problems
at all watching a truly-local path such as CL\Windows. Any suggestions would be
most welcomed! Thanks for caring...

Posted with NewsLeecher v7.0 Beta 7
------------------- ----- ---- -- -

0
RalphCramden

> The documentation states that I can use a FileSystemWatcher to
> monitor for  changes in a network drive. My code sets the .Path
> property, then sets  .EnableRaisingEvents = True and
> .IncludeSubdirectories = True. I have tried a  .Path syntax of
> \\<server>\<folder>, and the FileSystemWatcher will not raise
> events. If I map \\<server> to a local drive letter and use
> <drive_letter>: \<folder>, the FileSystemWatcher still does not raise
> events. I have no problems  at all watching a truly-local path such
> as CL\Windows. Any suggestions would be  most welcomed! Thanks for
> caring...

Hi Ralph,
You've posted to a classic VB group (VB6 and earlier)!

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
  comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
  microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

0
GS

labview vs visual basic vs visual C
Hi, &nbsp; I am hoping to get advice about LabVIEW vs Visual&nbsp;Basic/C for developing education software.&nbsp; I have programmed in LabVIEW for test and measurement applications.&nbsp; I have also programmed a couple of short programs in C , but have never programmed in Visual C or Visual basic.&nbsp; I want to develop software for educational purposes for students with special needs such as spelling and reading comprehension programs.&nbsp; These programs would involve a lot of displaying text, graphics and sounds to the students and measuring student inputs via text or clicks on buttons to determine whether they need additional&nbsp;help from the computer to learn the lessons.&nbsp; I was was wondering if anyone has the knowledge to advise using LabVIEW vs Visual C vs Visual Basicfor such programming tasks? &nbsp; I am guessing that Visual C and Visual Basic&nbsp;may have more flexibility in displaying text, graphics, sounds etc. since&nbsp;this is mostly what&nbsp;they used for.&nbsp; On the other hand, I am famliar with the ease of coding in LabVIEW for test/measurement applications&nbsp;but wondering if there might be limitations or difficulties in programming with LabVIEW for a more general purpose windows application such as the education software I am planning.&nbsp;&nbsp; I would have to learn Visual C or Visual Basic, but if those environments would be easier&nbsp;or better&nbsp;in ...

Please help me! VRML + Visual Basic
Hi, i'm a vrml noobie. I' trying to finish my school with a thesis based on a VB control (an ActiveX based on Map Objects), and his interation with a VRML world (i'm using Cortona Plugin). The problem is that i need to higlight in some way an element of the vrml world, from the VB ActiveX. For example: - I make a query in the 2d Environment, like "the closest restaurant from where I am" - Map Objects show me the restaurant as a red point in the map. - Clicking the red point, vrml world moves flying to the restaurant. I know it seems complicated, i hope i ex...

please please please PLEASE help!
Hi, I've asked this question a couple of times before on this forum but no one seems to be nice enough to point me to the right direction or help me out with any information, if possible. Please help me out with this because this is a very serious issue for me and I need to learn more about this. And here it is again: I've been running postgres on my server for over a year now and the tables have become huge. I have 3 tables that have data over 10GB each and these tables are read very very frequently. In fact, heavy searches on these tables are expected every 2 to 3 minutes. T...

please please please PLEASE help!
Hi, I've asked this question a couple of times before on this forum but no one seems to be nice enough to point me to the right direction or help me out with any information, if possible. Please help me out with this because this is a very serious issue for me and I need to learn more about this. And here it is again: I've been running postgres on my server for over a year now and the tables have become huge. I have 3 tables that have data over 10GB each and these tables are read very very frequently. In fact, heavy searches on these tables are expected every 2 to 3 minutes. T...

common statement - what is the visual basic equivalent
I am trying to convert a fortran program into visual basic and have come across a command I don't understand. My fortran research talked about putting data into common blocks, but that left me as mystified as before. The line states: common /ambsa/ tt,idum what is the purpose of the above fortran command and what is the visual basic equivalent of the above statement. Thank you very much for any insight you can give me. Please take out the "qwerty"s if you wish to email me. Respectfully yours, Steven Repstock Steven Repstock wrote: > I am trying to convert a fortran program into visual basic and have come > across a command I don't understand. My fortran research talked about > putting data into common blocks, but that left me as mystified as before. > The line states: > > common /ambsa/ tt,idum > > what is the purpose of the above fortran command and what is the visual > basic equivalent of the above statement. Thank you very much for any insight > you can give me. Well, its purpose is a variable definition. And there is no exact equivalent of the above line in Visual Basic, or to my knowledge in any non-Fortran programming language. Common blocks, to a rough approximation, an equivalent of global variables. In this case, "tt" and "idum" are the variables being defined; "ambsa" is the name of the common block. If you were to put the same line in another subroutine, the memory spot us...

Create Meetings / Invitations using Visual Basic
Hi all, kinda banging my head against the wall here, and could do with some advice. I am trying to write a piece of VB (it will be ASP eventually) which will take a set of data (meeting title, start time, attendee email addresses, etc) from our app, and interface with Lotus Notes to create a Lotus Notes Meeting/Invitation and then send out the Invitation to the Attendees via Lotus Notes e-mail. Ideally, we would like to allow the user to be able to manually edit the Invitation *before* it is sent to the Attendees, but I think that's a bit far away at the moment. So, I am ...

HELP HELP PLEASE HELP
i have written a slighly bastardized version of the class web page which is given as an example of how to use the html tokenizer. What I've written is: def parse(host) dict = { } @body= host.getHTML() if !@body return end theTags = ['select','input'] for x in theTags do tokenizer = HTMLTokenizer.new(@body) while tag = tokenizer.getTag(x) name = tag.attr_hash['name'] type = tag.attr_hash['type'] if name != nil then dict[type]=name ...

Re: please please please PLEASE help!
Steve, I'm a little short on PostgreSQL experience, but gaining fast. I'm more o= f an Oracle nut. But I think you've pin pointed the problem, namely disk c= ontention. The easiest solution I can think of would be to stripe the volu= me group across all three drives thereby spreading the pain across the driv= es. One other item I'd look at is creating an index that specifically answ= ers the most frequent queries. Depending on your OS, you could mirror the = data across two of the drives at the OS level, which would also spread the = pain. Another solution, but...

Power Builder Vs Visual Basic Vs Oracle forms
I need a good independent paper on what to use for software development tools such as, Power Builder Vs Visual basic or Power Builder Vs Oracle Form, or Oracle forms Vs Visual Basic. I appreciate your help in this matter Email me at elsheik@canada.com ...

SPSS 13 vs 12.0 vs 11.5
During spring 2004 we upgraded from 11.5 to 12.0.1 and soon our students ran into some troubles. Most problems were related to Chart Editor and editing the graphs. Another problem was that data was suddenly lost. Two weeks ago I learned that version 13 is on the market. Why so soon? Why not 12.1 ...? Does anybody know what major changes have been made in SPSS 13? Should we abandon version 12 quickly in favour of 13? Grateful for your comments Lars Wahlgren Dept of Statistics Lund university, Sweden LWn wrote: > During spring 2004 we upgraded from 11.5 to 12.0.1 > and soon our students ran into some troubles. Most > problems were related to Chart Editor and editing the > graphs. Another problem was that data was suddenly lost. I witnessed destruction of data with version 12.0 on a colleague's PC, but I thought SPSS claimed to have fixed this problem (more of a catastrophe, really) in version 12.0.1. Maybe not. > Two weeks ago I learned that version 13 is on the market. > Why so soon? Why not 12.1 ...? My guess is that 12 was such a complete disaster that they just decided to get on with 13. :-| > Does anybody know what major changes have been > made in SPSS 13? Somewhere on the SPSS website you should find a page that gives a list of the new features added for each version. > Should we abandon version 12 quickly in favour of 13? I would. (Have there been any good even-numbered versions...

please help... ...me learn C++ please please please :)
Hi Peoples, Can anyone give me any learning materials for learning C++. i.e. can you give me any docs or give me the link to any website that has info on programming in general or C++. (ok I know I could go to a library and read books on C++ but looking for something urgently.) YOUR HELP would be truly appreciated. please help Thanks. KK "KK" <kumuthun@notvalidemailaddress.com> schreef in bericht news:3f8bd6d6_1@news.iprimus.com.au... > Can anyone give me any learning materials for learning C++. > > i.e. can you give me any docs or give me the link to any web...

please help... ...me learn C++ please please please :)
Hi Peoples, Can anyone give me any learning materials for learning C++. i.e. can you give me any docs or give me the link to any website that has info on programming in general or C++. (ok I know I could go to a library and read books on C++ but looking for something urgently.) YOUR HELP would be truly appreciated. please help Thanks. KK > Can anyone give me any learning materials for learning C++. This book is generally considered as one of the best book for learning C++ for people with some programming experience: http://www.acceleratedcpp.com/ > i.e. can you give me any d...

How to get Visual Basic Help? That's HELP not Piles of information.
How to get Visual Basic Help? I can't figure out how to use Help in Visual Basic 6, Win98SE. I wanted to use the command line parameter in my VB6 program. I couldn't remember the basic command, so I clicked on search and went looking for command, parameter, command line, anything remotely similar I could think of. MSDN presented me with a zillion irrelevant hits no matter what I searched on. Filtering on VB removed a lot of stuff, but what was left was still useless. That's been my experience with MSDN. Lots of stuff, but nothing I need. And I searched that stuff for over an...

Please help with basics!
When I say basic - I mean basic! We finally broke down and dragged ourselves into the digital photography world about 2 months ago because we had 2 vacations planned. We're home now and I need to start working with all the wonderful photos I have and I would rather do things right from the get-go than have to go back and reorganize things later (how many times have I really done that with the "physical" photo albums!) I am fairly good at teaching myself new programs, so I have no doubt that I will pick up PSP 8 fairly well, and I plan to get Photo Album 5 right away. I do well ...

help please #12
plz i want how to diff function u =3xy-y^2 w.r.t x and w.r.t y then evalute these derivatives at x=[1 2],y=[-6 -3] ...

please help #13
I need a program which recognize a sound by microphone(attach to computer) and then i need to analyse this signal and find Burg and highest frequency, but first of all I used this program,is it write or wrong.if it is right as I need to analyse this signal and view it in burg what is the name of signal I need to analyse,is it d?please let me know as I need to give my final project next week, ai = analoginput('winsound'); addchannel(ai, 1); ai.SampleRate = 8000; ai.SamplesPerTrigger = 64000; ai.TriggerType = 'Immediate'; start(ai) [d,t] = getdata(ai); sama wrote: > > >...

Please help with basics!
When I say basic - I mean basic! We finally broke down and dragged ourselves into the digital photography world about 2 months ago because we had 2 vacations planned. We're home now and I need to start working with all the wonderful photos I have and I would rather do things right from the get-go than have to go back and reorganize things later (how many times have I really done that with the "physical" photo albums!) I am fairly good at teaching myself new programs, so I have no doubt that I will pick up PSP 8 fairly well, and I plan to get Photo Album 5 right away. I do well ...

[HELP HELP HELP SIMULINK] Please
How can i solve this in simulink??? sqrt((1/pi)*Integral([abs(F(jw;W)*S(jw))]^2,0,Inf,dw)). Or how can i calculate standard deviation of an error signal (e), for band limited references r(t;W)? Thanks ...

please help me #12
hello friends, i need a matlab code for bezier surface fitting.i'l b very thankfull to you if anyone of you can help me in this regard.i need it very urgently.the problem is defined below : i want to generate a surface. have few co-ordinated of the surface.to to get the control points from this real co-ordinates on the surfaces of the object to be generated so that i can generate the surface using bezier surface generation method. please help me. mail me at abhisake9@rediffmail.com ...

Help: desperately seeking Visual Basic 6.0 online help: MSDN Collection October 2001 #3
Please help: seeking desperately Visual Basic 6.0 online help: MSDN Collection October 2001. Does someone still have this original 3 CD set? Perhaps on a FTP server? Glad to download! TIA! ...

telnet problem please help Urgent help please
Hi I have an HP9000 server running hpux 10.20. I have a problem where telnet keeps timing out. I am able to make a telnet connection for any time between 5 minutes and a few hours. After a while though they time out. The syslog report a timeout too. REgards Dinesh Chetty Hi > I have an HP9000 server running hpux 10.20. I have a problem where telnet > keeps timing out. I am able to make a telnet connection for any time between > 5 minutes and a few hours. After a while though they time out. The syslog > report a timeout too. Comes the timeout when you are active in the ses...

Please Help Me Guys! Need lang..it will be a pleasure and i'd be very thankful if you gotta help on this one guys!
you are going to create a more specialized Taxi Meter that contains additio= nal information for non-air and aircon taxies. Your task is to extend the T= axiMeter class that was implemented in the previous question. Add some attr= ibutes and methods that you think are needed for a non-air and aircon Taxi = records. Try to override some existing methods in the superclass TaxiMeter,= if you really need to. The following describe the billing for Non-air and = Aircon Taxi. NON-AIRCON Flag Down P 26.00 For every 400 meters P 1.00 For every 1.5 minutes waiting P 1.00 AIRCON Flag Down P 30.00 For every 400 meters P 1.50 For every 1.0 minutes waiting P 1.50 Try to modify the TaxiMeter class to create getAmount() abstract method. Th= is is a method for calculating the total amount to be paid. Below are the f= ormulas: totalAmount =3D amountOnWait + amountOnDistanceTravelled amountOnWait =3D increments if waitingMinuteToIncrement is satisfied amountOnDistanceTravelled =3D incrementRate * (distanceTRavelled /increment= ableDistance) Write two of its subclasses, the Non-air and Aircon. You can add additional= methods to its subclass if you want to. Kevin Espardinez wrote: > you are going to create a more specialized Taxi Meter that contains addit= ional information for non-air and aircon taxies. Your task is to extend the= TaxiMeter class that was implemented in the previous question. Add some at= tributes and methods that you think are needed for a non...

Please Please Help!
I would like to fill out a form containing let's say 3 fields and then when i go to the next record. Now the next record would be blank except the last field wich would have the value of that same field from the last record. How can i do that? Some People from the group answered my question,they told me to use VBA but i don't know how! :( Can enyone help me? There is a topic about my problem on this web page http://support.microsoft.com/?id=210236. It says that i have to create a module so i create it with that code in STEP 3 but what then? In STEP 5 it says that i have to change the O...

PLEASE HELP ME ! PLEASE
plese tell me about that program or help me or guide me wat should i do i am very woory about that Q1: Write a program using malloc function. In which you take input from user and allocate memory equal to square of this number. Which multiply numbers and draw a table in the following format? Hint: User enters 3 then program allocates equal to 9 integer memories. Output:1 Enter a single digit number: 2 The multiplication table of 2 is: 1 2 ---------------- 1| 1 2 2| 2 4 Output:2 Enter a single digit number: 4 The multiplication table of 4 is: ...

please help help
hello, please I faced a problem in dwt2 with color image . y=imread('lenna.bmp'); t=dwt2(y,'db1') the following message is appearing: ?? Error using ==> > Matrix dimensions must agree. Error in ==> D:\MATLAB6p5\toolbox\wavelet\wavelet\wkeep.m (GetFirstLast) On line 48 ==> K = find(s>sx); Error in ==> D:\MATLAB6p5\toolbox\wavelet\wavelet\wkeep.m On line 35 ==> [first,last,ok] = GetFirstLast (sx,begInd,varargin{:}); Error in ==> D:\MATLAB6p5\toolbox\wavelet\wavelet\dwt2.m (convdown) On line 86 ==> y = wkeep(y,sizeKEPT); Error in ==> D:\MATLA...

Web resources about - FileSystemWatcher in VisualStudio 12 or VS Express 13 - can you please help? - comp.lang.basic.visual.misc

Opinion: FileSystemWatcher - A Cool Thing I Didn’t Know About Until Recently
[ Q-Games' ( PixelJunk ) Ben Carter talks about how the FileSystemWatcher utility has made a "massive difference" to his studio's build system, ...

Visual Basic Walkthroughs
Sign in MSDN subscriptions Get tools http://www.facebook.com/microsoftdeveloper https://twitter.com/msdev http://plus.google.com/111221966647232053570/ ...

Script Powershell FileSystemWatcher
This script uses the .net FileSystemWatcher class to subscribe to 'create', 'change' and 'delete' events on files or folders in the NTFS filesystem.It ...

Tutorials - Switch on the Code
Username: Password: Register - Forgot Password Home Tutorials Forums News & Other Posts Podcast About Us Contact Us Tutorials .NET C# Snippet ...